Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

What stranger will you never forget

Jump to newest

By *usman 199 OP   Man
over a year ago

Stockport

For me a traffic warden . Was on double yellows . Guilty no problem . Traffic warden said give you 5 mins to go and will forget about it . True to his word . Never happened again .

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Early one Saturday morning I was in the city centre and some guy staggers towards me and asked, "Here mate. Am I mingin?"

I said no, not sure if I gave the right answer and he pulled out a half bottle of vodka and replied "I will be in a minute!"

over a year ago

The student midwife who sat with me past her shift when I was in labour with my eldest, I was alone and they asked if she could sit with me, she was from Ghana and just kept me calm the whole time, talking to me about home and she laughed, she was the first person to cuddle my son, I felt she deserved that at the very least

over a year ago

The anaesthetist who saved mine and my daughters life when she was being born

Mrs

over a year ago

My exhaust fell off a few years ago on the M4. I had been driving from a course, my phone was on its last two percent of battery and i started to panic. A van pulled in front. The guy got out saying was i ok and did i need help?. I was worried and i think he could tell coz he kept his distance whilst he let me use his phone to sort a tow etc

Once I was sorted he said it was no problem to stop. Talking with the tow driver on the way home he said the guy was decent as he mentioned I'll get my wife some more flowers as it was their anniversary and he was on his way home and he'd be in the dog house

There are some genuine kind people in the world

By *aughty but nice...Man
over a year ago

Staffs

A guy I slightly drove into the back of

It was rush hour in the morning his car looked as shabby as mine and I guess we were both in a rush

He simply asked as I ok then said don't worry let's forget about it.

By *NL Social SpurschickWoman
over a year ago

Social Zone

Someone who was more in a rush than me to cross a crossing, man was green, they pushed past me made me take a step back, change my stride.

They got hit by a car jumping the lights and if they hadn’t made me change my step, it would have been me.

They luckily survived but that’s a person I’ll never forget.

By *ustBoWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

The might my dad died in the early hours in hospital we rushed to get there. By the time we were leaving it was hours later and I realised I never brought enough money for the parking ticket. A man came over and paid for the ticket for me and gave me a hug. It was a lovely gesture from a complete stranger and I've never forgotten his kindness at such a horrible time.

By *lephantisMan
over a year ago

Oxford

"The might my dad died in the early hours in hospital we rushed to get there. By the time we were leaving it was hours later and I realised I never brought enough money for the parking ticket. A man came over and paid for the ticket for me and gave me a hug. It was a lovely gesture from a complete stranger and I've never forgotten his kindness at such a horrible time. "

Oh my. This thread.

So many people - I feel incredibly lucky - but the person I'd never met before, at my Dad's funeral. A very old friend of his from before I was born. He told me my Dad often spoke of how proud he was of me. I never knew.

over a year ago

There’s two:

The doctor that came to see me in the ward round the day after my son was born and insulted the way my tummy looked after a c-section.

Years later when I was still struggling with PTSD from my birth experience and abusive partner, the psychologist that told my family my suicide attempts were not real and I just wanted attention.

Sorry to be somber, I don’t remember any strangers being kind to me.

over a year ago

When I was trying to find my ship in a foreign port one very dark night, very d*unk and very lost a car pulled up and a couple asked in broken English if I needed help.

I slurred some nonsense about my ship and they told me to get in the car.

They drove me around for about an hour alll over a very large dock complex eventually depositing me at the gangway of the ship.

I have wished many times that I could have thanked them properly.

By *ryan...Man
over a year ago

1950's Original

When I was under 11,an elderly gentleman asked me to help him on with his overcoat...

He said " your helping someone who was in the Boar war".

Always remember that..

over a year ago

Susan Boyle such a sweet voice

over a year ago

I met my ex at uni, and during our first uni holiday we visited both homes by train together. We were so young, were falling in love and enjoying life. Standing in a queue waiting to buy tickets, chatting and joking about - as we got to the front of the queue, an older lady bought her ticket and instead of walking away, she came close, and pressed something into my hand and muttered ‘from Grandma’. I was surprised and confused and didn’t react quickly enough, but by the time I realised, she’d gone and I’m gutted I never got to thank her. It was a £2 coin. I wonder what compelled her to do that, that day, and she’ll never know I’ve always remembered it

over a year ago

Mines the woman who said she bet I was a pussy teaser. I've mentioned that here before, because it was memorable.

I also remember some homeless people I've given money to is the sweeter answer though.

By *ehindHerEyesCouple
over a year ago

SomewhereOnlyWeKnow

Two, The midwife who stayed with me past her finish time to see my labour out as she knew how distressed I was giving birth to a prem, and the other midwife who sat and hugged me and came up with a solution as I cried as baby wouldn't feed properly and was in the verge of going to nicu

Tinder x

By *inkyfun2013Couple
over a year ago

lewisham

A few years ago I was on the M40 driving to London on my own and had a blowout in lane 3. Despite the tyre being shredded I managed to steer safely onto the hard shoulder but I just couldn't get the bolts undone to change the wheel. It was drizzling, my father-in-law was dying and I was desperate to get back to him and Mr K at the hospital and the bloody breakdown people told me it would be 3-4 hours to get assistance. As I was on the phone crying to Mr K in exasperation, a van pulled up. The guy said hi, popped the new tyre on, and was really sweet. I told him I'd expected him to be several hours and he then told me he wasn't from the breakdown service. He'd seen me from the opposite carriage on his way home to Birmingham and drove up to the next junction

and back to help me. He said he wouldn't want his wife to be left stranded in the dark and rain so wanted to help. I never knew his name and often think of his kindness.

By *inballs99Man
over a year ago

Blackheath

My Dr I wouldn't be alive without her help!!!

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

I met a guy on a phone line. There was nothing sexual but he got me to open up to him. I was vulnerable at the time and he listened to me. He would phone me every day to check in. He told me he was moving and gave me his new number but it was obviously wrong as u couldn't get through. I never heard if him again but I will never forget him

By *burns7Man
over a year ago

walsall

First time went to club on my own because I’m young kinky and had no one the same round me, older couple guided me and told me the ins and out, best strangers aha

By *reamyclottedcreamWoman
over a year ago

Helston... or St Awful?...

This is quite recent but someone from here sent me a voice note, with such words i felt like my heart could break just from feeling the warmth.

The other one is an older student, i was about 14 and he was about 18.. we went to a college visit which was also a test so the school can see and assess the kids applying ..

He pushed and motivated me all the way thru, until i got in to that college, he became somewhat of a mentor to me.

I still talk about him so many years later, his kindness and motivation really did change how i think about my abilities- different countries, different school rules.

By *reamyclottedcreamWoman
over a year ago

Helston... or St Awful?...

"This is quite recent but someone fro

The other one is an older student, i was about 14 and he was about 18.. we went to a college visit which was also a test so the school can see and assess the kids applying ..

He pushed and motivated me all the way thru, until i got in to that college, he became somewhat of a mentor to me.

I still talk about him so many years later, his kindness and motivation really did change how i think about my abilities- different countries, different school rules. "

Got the ages wrong, but that's not really important anyway.

By *burns7Man
over a year ago

walsall

"This is quite recent but someone fro

I still talk about him so many years later, his kindness and motivation really did change how i think about my abilities- different countries, different school rules.

Got the ages wrong, but that's not really important anyway. "

Guna say was about to call Chris handson

over a year ago

I was heading Christmas shopping a few years ago in a large shopping center with my mum (retired nurse).

Walking through the parking garage atrium there was a crowd and a man laid in the recovery position. Little boy (his son apparently) being minded by security.

"Move along please" all that.

I happened to glance as we passed and noticed his ear and mouth dark. Got my mum's attention and urged her to go over.

They tried to shoo us on but I just couldn't leave. They checked him and he wasn't breathing.

Mum and a guard started CPR until the ambulance arrived.

I always wonder if he was okay.

Thinking of that little boy almost/maybe losing his dad like that at Christmas.

over a year ago

I had a flat tyre in the snow up on Cannock Chase.

I had got out of the car to look and was a bit fed up and just rested my forehead on the top of the doorframe in sheer defeat. Traffic was intermittent and a man stopped in his works van, very kindly changed my wheel for me and refused to give me his details so I could recompense him.

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

The lorry driver who kicked out the corner of my windscreen and peeled it back so I could get out of the car after a bad crash in April 2008.

By *reat me rightWoman
over a year ago

Rotherham

20 Feb 2016 my dad had an horrific accident which I saw the immediate aftermath of and which haunts me even still

As he was laid pinned to his trailer people appeared from nowhere to help, including off duty nurses, paramedics, Dr and police. The offduty police made sure the rubberneckers were kept away - and dissuaded from taking pics on their phones (some got on social media), the nurses and paramedics started working on him before the ambulance got there, another ambulance which was passing stopped to help too and blocked dad off on the trailer for the vultures over the road. The guy I was buying something from was the first up on the trailer checking my dad over - both of us were convinced he'd died.

I don't know any of their names but I'm thankful to them all.

By *amescoupleCouple
over a year ago

north walsham

A youngish guy we met fundraising with out dog.

We were raising funds for a German shepherd rescue group at pets at home in Great Yarmouth. We had taken out 18 month old rescued German shepherd to the store as part of the fundraising and she had only been with us a few weeks.

Anyway this guy mid to late 20's comes up, fairly well built and starts making g a right fuss of out dog (she's a big soppy fluff ball outside). We get chatting g and he explains he had a similar dog whilst in the army and she had been to Afghanistan with them and saved his life on numerous occasions by detecting ied's.

It always stick with me as he started to tear up before walking away.

By *eamworkboyMan
over a year ago

Irvine

A delivery I did to an office in South East London early one Saturday morning, I had to call them when I was close by and they would come down and get their delivery, I did just that and the girl who popped down offered me coffee, I accepted and ended up getting a bj, a total one off from a stranger but happy days

over a year ago

The lovely lady that brought me tea and toast after giving birth.... if you know, you know lol

over a year ago

"The lovely lady that brought me tea and toast after giving birth.... if you know, you know lol"

Is that not theeeee best tasting tea and toast you ever had!!!!

over a year ago

"The lovely lady that brought me tea and toast after giving birth.... if you know, you know lol

Is that not theeeee best tasting tea and toast you ever had!!!!"

100% lol

over a year ago

The shop assistant who assisted me in the changing booth

over a year ago

60 something-year-old who I fucked in the toilets at a bar

By *ob and DeeWoman
over a year ago

crook

I was in Darlington today and saw a young man playing a guitar and singing in the street. I went up to him and put some change in hes guitar case. Not much so i went into a shop to get more change. I gave him more change and a cuddle. He said 'i was too lovely' and that made my day. He was gorgeous too.

By *rtyIanMan
over a year ago

Gateway to the Beacons

"The lovely lady that brought me tea and toast after giving birth.... if you know, you know lol"

I did the tea and toast after my daughter’s birth

She was born at home lol

over a year ago

"The lovely lady that brought me tea and toast after giving birth.... if you know, you know lol

I did the tea and toast after my daughter’s birth

She was born at home lol"

Aww! well you sir must have been popular. Its the best tea and toast you will have in your life lol

over a year ago

The kindness from complete strangers is absolutely beautiful , you drive into a car park ,are at the machine to buy a ticket when you get a tap on the shoulder from a complete stranger offering you their ticket that has maybe an extra 30 minutes on theirs but they don't need it but it's enough for you , that has happened a few times to me.

By *eamworkboyMan
over a year ago

Irvine

"The kindness from complete strangers is absolutely beautiful , you drive into a car park ,are at the machine to buy a ticket when you get a tap on the shoulder from a complete stranger offering you their ticket that has maybe an extra 30 minutes on theirs but they don't need it but it's enough for you , that has happened a few times to me. "

Love it when that happens

By *lephantisMan
over a year ago

Oxford

This is one of the very loveliest threads on Fab. I was talking to someone just yesterday about seeing the best in people, and not wanting to become bitter and cynical.

Thank you, OP, and (most!) subsequent posters.

Post new Message to Thread