Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

No hot food at Tesco

Jump to newest

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Tom is no fan of these budget supermarkets like Tesco but having got rid of the fish counters, the delicatessen and now the so called hot chicken counter is going. Will they shoot to themselves in the feet. What's going o no here. It's all over the news. Bring back the local fishmonger

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ischiefManaged69Couple
over a year ago

Preston

"Tom is no fan of these budget supermarkets like Tesco but having got rid of the fish counters, the delicatessen and now the so called hot chicken counter is going. Will they shoot to themselves in the feet. What's going o no here. It's all over the news. Bring back the local fishmonger "

Moose is beginning to think Tom doesn't read the whole article but does can the headline in the DM.....

By *lex46TV/TS
over a year ago

Near Wells

Seems like not many people are a fan of those hot food counters. If there were, they wouldn't be closing.

By *ischiefManaged69Couple
over a year ago

Preston

"Tom is no fan of these budget supermarkets like Tesco but having got rid of the fish counters, the delicatessen and now the so called hot chicken counter is going. Will they shoot to themselves in the feet. What's going o no here. It's all over the news. Bring back the local fishmonger

Moose is beginning to think Tom doesn't read the whole article but does can the headline in the DM..... "

Scan not can!

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

Our Tesco extra got rid of the hot chicken counter months ago. It's not the end of the world but I do miss it.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Probably costs too much in electricity to cook the things and keep them at a high enough temperature so avoid food poisoning.

By *inx.x3Woman
over a year ago

Bath

Well that’s crap.

My Tesco still has one and I buy from it regularly.

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

"Tom is no fan of these budget supermarkets like Tesco but having got rid of the fish counters, the delicatessen and now the so called hot chicken counter is going. Will they shoot to themselves in the feet. What's going o no here. It's all over the news. Bring back the local fishmonger "
Tom you really have to read your posts lol

By *ak777Man
over a year ago

shaw

h Tom try b and m

By *icolerobbieCouple
over a year ago

walsall

Tom, this is an absolute clucking disgrace and make no mistake about it

By *iscean_dreamMan
over a year ago

Port talbot

That's a shame, I quite like the bags of chicken wings if I go there

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Mark Toms words. The days of the hot chicken are numbered at Tesco

over a year ago

You had that choice before you switched to Tesco and other supermarkets.

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Tom supports his local businesses and the best fresh sea produce in Essex is found right here on the Essex coast

By *elvet RopeMan
over a year ago

by the big field

"Tom supports his local businesses and the best fresh sea produce in Essex is found right here on the Essex coast "

Well you’d hope the freshest stuff would be right next to the bloody sea where they got it from

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

"Our Tesco extra got rid of the hot chicken counter months ago. It's not the end of the world but I do miss it."

Same. I now go to asda for their hot counter instead

over a year ago

It’s all over the queues…. (I’m ticket 128)

By *hrobbermanMan
over a year ago

Lanarkshire

People should simply learn to catch their own fish. I never eat any other kind of fish. Delicious. Fresh. Local. Sustainable. Doesn't come in a box but always turns up with a great day out.

Do poeople really expect massive Multinational Food Companies to supply them with decent food? Horse Lasagne anyone? Their supply lines stretch very far... maybe with dried pasta or something like cartons of Passatta. Though a couple of fairly recent four letter additions to our supermarket choice only supply Scottish Meat (fair do's!). But my Beef, Chicken and Venison is from local butchers and suppliers. I do the fish supplies.

By *hesblokeMan
over a year ago

Derbyshire village

"People should simply learn to catch their own fish. I never eat any other kind of fish. Delicious. Fresh. Local. Sustainable. Doesn't come in a box but always turns up with a great day out.

Do poeople really expect massive Multinational Food Companies to supply them with decent food? Horse Lasagne anyone? Their supply lines stretch very far... maybe with dried pasta or something like cartons of Passatta. Though a couple of fairly recent four letter additions to our supermarket choice only supply Scottish Meat (fair do's!). But my Beef, Chicken and Venison is from local butchers and suppliers. I do the fish supplies."

Not many haddock in Derbyshire. The trout are nice though.

Can't buy horse either, mores the pity.

By *elix SightedMan
over a year ago

Cloud 8

Definitely something fishy going on here, Tom. Do you suspect foul play?

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Our tesco is just being all done up. We are going to have a sushi counter

over a year ago

There’s been talk of the counters and bakeries going since I worked in Tesco (left 6 years ago)

There’s been wave after wave of restructuring and redundancies since David Lewis took over, the new guy seems to be following suit

By *ookie46Woman
over a year ago

Deepest darkest Peru

"Our tesco is just being all done up. We are going to have a sushi counter"

This is what’s replaced the hot counter at my local Tesco

Post new Message to Thread