FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Football fans… happy transfer deadline day!

Jump to newest

By *abio OP   Man
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

You know you enjoy it really!!!!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Hopefully we will!

By *ixieAndHerKingCouple
over a year ago

Debauchery

There's nothing happy about today with an E#%*+on supporter in the house...

Cherry x

Clue:it's not me

By *r SensualMan
over a year ago

London

Mixed feelings about this January transfer window as an Arsenal fan. Happy we’ve added some squad depth with a PL proven player like Trossard, the Jorginho deal I’m bit like

By *ixiePoisonWoman
over a year ago

Darlington

As a Newcastle supporter I'm hoping tonight is a great night for us, wish I was at St. James' today!

By *urulovesnylonMan
over a year ago

Harrow

The girl they have on sky sports news on the transfer day show is so hot! Can’t stop staring at her cleavage!

By *abio OP   Man
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Mixed feelings about this January transfer window as an Arsenal fan. Happy we’ve added some squad depth with a PL proven player like Trossard, the Jorginho deal I’m bit like "

Well jorg is only an 18 month deal with a 1 year option.. he can cover the 6 till the summer and only cost 10 million!

If sambi is going out to palace on loan I would still like a proper 8 in … tielemans?

over a year ago

Not our season this year

Konate out for three weeks always next year

YNWA

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

Not much news on the Man United front but that was to be expected although I was hoping to sign a midfielder with Eriksen out injured. On the other hand, I really hope we can keep Alessia Russo this window as we have a real chance if winning the WSL which she can be a vital part of.

By *eathrow pineappleCouple
over a year ago

West London

Hopefully Enzo Fernandez coming to us today.

over a year ago

Fly Eagles Fly...oops wrong football

By *abio OP   Man
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Not much news on the Man United front but that was to be expected although I was hoping to sign a midfielder with Eriksen out injured. On the other hand, I really hope we can keep Alessia Russo this window as we have a real chance if winning the WSL which she can be a vital part of."

I wonder if the eriksen injury will force United into the market.. again maybe tielemans

Take the Russo money.. she only has 6 months left on her contract.. and can leave for nothing in the summer!

By *r SensualMan
over a year ago

London

"Mixed feelings about this January transfer window as an Arsenal fan. Happy we’ve added some squad depth with a PL proven player like Trossard, the Jorginho deal I’m bit like

Well jorg is only an 18 month deal with a 1 year option.. he can cover the 6 till the summer and only cost 10 million!

If sambi is going out to palace on loan I would still like a proper 8 in … tielemans? "

Very true… I dunno, it just screams panic buy to me. Plus the way Chelsea have been spending it leaves a bitter taste in the mouth knowing we’re putting more into their pockets. Heck, if we go on to win the title then I’m all for that.

I would have loved Tielemans but couldn’t see Leicester budging unless it was a ridiculous fee, same as with Caciedo from Brighton and the whole Mudryk saga

By *r Black 85Man
over a year ago

nottingham

"Fly Eagles Fly...oops wrong football "

Lol

By *r Black 85Man
over a year ago

nottingham

Where's Harry Redknapp when you need him

Him and Jim White knew how to play the game

By *hamrock 1888Man
over a year ago

on tour

I don't know if there are any Japanese players left for us to sign! The Celtic line up is looking like the cast of enter the dragon

Coybig

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

"Not much news on the Man United front but that was to be expected although I was hoping to sign a midfielder with Eriksen out injured. On the other hand, I really hope we can keep Alessia Russo this window as we have a real chance if winning the WSL which she can be a vital part of.

I wonder if the eriksen injury will force United into the market.. again maybe tielemans

Take the Russo money.. she only has 6 months left on her contract.. and can leave for nothing in the summer! "

That would be nice, but we've got sweet F all to spend due our awful transfer planning in the Summer so it would have to be a loan deal at most.

I would honestly rather her leave for free if it meant winning the WSL. The women's team is fairly new so it sends a bad message if we sell one of our best players to rival teams that we're not serious about competing.

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

"I don't know if there are any Japanese players left for us to sign! The Celtic line up is looking like the cast of enter the dragon

Coybig"

They have history to be fair, still remember Shunsuke Nakamura's free kick against United in the Champions League!

By *hamrock 1888Man
over a year ago

on tour

"I don't know if there are any Japanese players left for us to sign! The Celtic line up is looking like the cast of enter the dragon

Coybig

Yeah they seem to have settled in ok.... hopefully the new Korean lad can fill big GG's boots and fire us to another title????????

They have history to be fair, still remember Shunsuke Nakamura's free kick against United in the Champions League!"

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

Looks like United might be getting Sabitzer on loan from Bayern which would definitely take at this point. More bodies in midfield, the better.

over a year ago

"Where's Harry Redknapp when you need him

Him and Jim White knew how to play the game "

Natalie Sawyer used to make Deadline Day all worth it for me

over a year ago

I’d like to see a midfielder brought in but we’ve added Gordon and shifted on a couple of players that weren’t getting much game time so it’s not been a bad window.

By *T SwingersCouple
over a year ago

Brazil

Doesn't look like Brighton are bringing anyone in today but keeping Caicedo was important for this years ambitions, plus you can't allow players on long contracts let their agents shit stir like that.

Most of us expect to lose him in the summer window.

By *abio OP   Man
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Coybig"

Did you see you got 5 million for your Greek striker from a MLS team..

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

"Looks like United might be getting Sabitzer on loan from Bayern which would definitely take at this point. More bodies in midfield, the better."

He's on his way now! Hopefully we can get him up to speed quickly and settled into our system (still feels good saying we have a system)

By *abio OP   Man
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Chelsea look like they are going to get the enzo Fernandez deal over the line

When they do they will have outspent the entire top division in Spain….. and Italy….. and Germany……and France….. combined

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

"Chelsea look like they are going to get the enzo Fernandez deal over the line

When they do they will have outspent the entire top division in Spain….. and Italy….. and Germany……and France….. combined "

They can't keep getting away with this

By *burns7Man
over a year ago

walsall

Sorted our business before it (wolves fan)

over a year ago

Matt Doherty to Athletico Madrid has to be the strangest one for me !!!!

By *instonandLadyAstorCouple
over a year ago

Not where we seem to be...

When they do they will have outspent the entire top division in Spain….. and Italy….. and Germany……and France….. combined

They can't keep getting away with this "

I read the FFP rules are being re-written because of the way Chelsea have structured the contracts.

They've not broken any rules, but I'm not convinced the contracts are in the spirit.

Doesn't sit well with me and I've supported them since I was 8.

Having said that,there's nothing stopping other teams doing the same, I suspect many do already.

It's just so much more noticeable at Chelsea because of the number of players they've bought.

IMHO they've got too many in. I predict struggles to get into Europe for this and next season while we work out who our first 11 are.

Mental.

Winston

By *burns7Man
over a year ago

walsall

They had to end his contract to make it happen ahaha

By *eadinthecloudsMan
over a year ago

Manchester

Not really enjoying it... Rkid cancelo has gone and fucked off

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

Bong

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

Looks like we've borrowed a man from Forest Green Rovers today. And we signed a dude a couple of days ago. That's it

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

I read the FFP rules are being re-written because of the way Chelsea have structured the contracts.

They've not broken any rules, but I'm not convinced the contracts are in the spirit.

Having said that,there's nothing stopping other teams doing the same, I suspect many do already.

It's just so much more noticeable at Chelsea because of the number of players they've bought.

IMHO they've got too many in. I predict struggles to get into Europe for this and next season while we work out who our first 11 are.

Mental.

Winston "

To be fair, it's also very risky. Imagine if a couple of those players on long term contracts become injury prone or get comfortable with their guaranteed money that Chelsea are stuck paying their wages for years to come.

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

Mental.

Winston

To be fair, it's also very risky. Imagine if a couple of those players on long term contracts become injury prone or get comfortable with their guaranteed money that Chelsea are stuck paying their wages for years to come."

Exactly. Especially when signing the number of players they're signing, there's going to be some duds.

And if they're giving players contracts to 2031, they're going to have to be bumper contracts to keep player happy.

And if something unforeseen like COVID happens again with empty stadiums, it could cause serious financial issues.

By *amierebelMan
over a year ago

nae danger.

Coybig

Did you see you got 5 million for your Greek striker from a MLS team.. "

Apparently deals still not went through yet

By *amierebelMan
over a year ago

nae danger.

Eoghan O'Connell to wrexham looks like a good bit of business for the Welsh side

By *L RogueMan
over a year ago

London

Mental.

Winston "

Chelsea have to get into the top four now. Imagine what those players are on!

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

Now apparently we signed a dude from Newcastle!

By *UNKIEMan
over a year ago

south east

£107.8M For 1 player , over £300M spent in january alone ..in anyones book that is an absolute obcene amount of money to spend not to mention how much will be spent on these new players wages there really should be a cost cap on transfer fees its gotten beyond ridiculous now

By *UNKIEMan
over a year ago

south east

£106.8 even *

By *asycouple1971Couple
over a year ago

midlands

What transfer?

*lfc

It was just a normal day for us.

over a year ago

Mental.

Winston

To be fair, it's also very risky. Imagine if a couple of those players on long term contracts become injury prone or get comfortable with their guaranteed money that Chelsea are stuck paying their wages for years to come."

You're reminding me of the Bogarde era now.

*sobbing emoji

Winston

By *ts_Business_TimeCouple
over a year ago

Berkshire

Can’t complain with Arsenal’s work, we have strengthened the squad ready for a title push. We wasn’t held to ransom by anyone. If the numbers weren’t right for target number 1 we moved on to target number 2.

T Season ticket holder

By *ercuryMan
over a year ago

Grantham

Chelsea's transfers will get harder now.

Under new UEFA rules, they can only lose the player cost over 5 years, instead of 7 or 8.

Good window for us. 3 on, one on loan. Our injuries are starting to hurt us, so replacements are badly needed.

By *ercuryMan
over a year ago

Grantham

And looking forward to the toxic atmosphere at Goodison on Saturday.

No signings, and next up is Arsenal. Followed by Liverpool!

By *illingdon_ladMan
over a year ago

Bicester

Just get sick of watching teams trying to circumnavigate the FFP rules, then soon as they are caught we're told to feel sorry.

Btw my team signed 1 loan and released a bunch of players. Very disappointing window.

over a year ago

Just heard that Chelsea tried to hijack the Jorginho to Arsenal move until they realised he was already their player

By *abio OP   Man
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Chelsea's transfers will get harder now.

Under new UEFA rules, they can only lose the player cost over 5 years, instead of 7 or 8.

Good window for us. 3 on, one on loan. Our injuries are starting to hurt us, so replacements are badly needed."

I explained it in another thread it’s an old NHL trick that was banned because people took advantage of it for the purpose of the salary cap the transfer fee is spread over the entire contract

Now Fifa rules state that the maximum players contract length can only be 5 years, what Chelsea did with mudryk and now Fernandez is they are 5 year contracts with a automatic 3 1/2 year club option to extend built in

That bit isn’t illegal as such but the only reason why it’s done is for FFP so instead of a transfer fee counting over 5 years, it is going to count over 8.5 years!

Fifa and UEFA are going to close that loophole as of July 1… so all transfer fees will only count over 5 years …

So in a weird way… under FFP rules it was more beneficial for Chelsea to pay the 120 million euros now.. and have it spread over 8.5 years… than it would have been to wait till next summer and pay let’s say 100 million euros spread over 5 years!

over a year ago

"Chelsea's transfers will get harder now.

Good window for us. 3 on, one on loan. Our injuries are starting to hurt us, so replacements are badly needed.

I explained it in another thread it’s an old NHL trick that was banned because people took advantage of it for the purpose of the salary cap the transfer fee is spread over the entire contract

Now Fifa rules state that the maximum players contract length can only be 5 years, what Chelsea did with mudryk and now Fernandez is they are 5 year contracts with a automatic 3 1/2 year club option to extend built in

That bit isn’t illegal as such but the only reason why it’s done is for FFP so instead of a transfer fee counting over 5 years, it is going to count over 8.5 years!

Fifa and UEFA are going to close that loophole as of July 1… so all transfer fees will only count over 5 years …

So in a weird way… under FFP rules it was more beneficial for Chelsea to pay the 120 million euros now.. and have it spread over 8.5 years… than it would have been to wait till next summer and pay let’s say 100 million euros spread over 5 years! "

Also, on the profit and loss accounts, the purchase cost is taken based on each year of the contract duration.

Say £50 Mill over 5 years is £10 mill a year "loss".

But if a player is sold, even on a long term contract, the entire value of the sale is taken in one sum for that year, even though they dont receive the full amount until year 5.

Talk about creative accounting.

Same for every club though, not just Chelsea.

Winston

over a year ago

How can Chelsea keep spending so much?

Kieran Maguire on BBC Radio 5 Live's Monday Night Club

There are two issues.

Can they afford it in terms of cash? They can because they are buying players and paying for them in instalments. So the finances of the club itself are fine.

With regards to Financial Fair Play, the accounting is more Harry Potter than Graham Potter in the sense that it's quite weird and wonderful.

When you buy a player, you spread the cost of the player over the life of the contract. If we take a look at Mykhailo Mudryk, they bought him for £89m and he is on an eight-and-a-half-year contract. So you do the maths and he is costing them £10m a year for FFP purposes. When you sell a player, all of the profits are taken into the accounts immediately [even if actual payments are made in instalments]. We have got the sales of Tammy Abraham and Fikayo Tomori. That was £77m worth of profit.

They also won the Champions League, the Uefa Super Cup and the Fifa World Club Cup, and all of that was extra money coming in. So things aren't as bad as I think some of the commentators are making out.

Chelsea's incomings...

Signings since Boehly takeover (summer 2022)

Marc Cucurella - Brighton, £60m Denis Zakaria - Juventus, loan

Raheem Sterling - Man City, £50m Benoit Badiashile - Monaco, £35m

Kalidou Koulibaly - Napoli, £33m David Datro Fofana - Molde, £8m

Carney Chukwuemeka - Aston Villa, £20m

Andrey Santos - Vasco da Gama, £10m

Cesare Casadei - Inter Milan, £12m Joao Felix - Atletico Madrid, £9.7m loan fee

Wesley Fofana - Leicester, £70m Mykhailo Mudryk - Shakhtar Donetsk, £89m

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang - Barcelona, £10.3m

Noni Madueke - PSV Eindhoven, £30.7m

Gabriel Slonina - Chicago Fire £8m Malo Gusto - Lyon, £30.7m

Total: £476.4m

(Plus Fernandez)

Outgoings....

Alvaro Morata - Atletico Madrid, £31m

Tammy Abraham - Roma, £34m

Kurt Zouma - West Ham, £29.8m

Fikayo Tomori - AC Milan, £24m

Timo Werner - RB Leipzig, £25m

Emerson - West Ham, £13m

Mario Pasalic - Atalanta, £12.8m

Total: £169.6m (Plus Jorghino to the gunners)

Madness, absolute madness.

Winston

over a year ago

"How can Chelsea keep spending so much?

There are two issues.

Can they afford it in terms of cash? They can because they are buying players and paying for them in instalments. So the finances of the club itself are fine.

With regards to Financial Fair Play, the accounting is more Harry Potter than Graham Potter in the sense that it's quite weird and wonderful.

When you buy a player, you spread the cost of the player over the life of the contract. If we take a look at Mykhailo Mudryk, they bought him for £89m and he is on an eight-and-a-half-year contract. So you do the maths and he is costing them £10m a year for FFP purposes. When you sell a player, all of the profits are taken into the accounts immediately [even if actual payments are made in instalments]. We have got the sales of Tammy Abraham and Fikayo Tomori. That was £77m worth of profit.

They also won the Champions League, the Uefa Super Cup and the Fifa World Club Cup, and all of that was extra money coming in. So things aren't as bad as I think some of the commentators are making out.

Chelsea's incomings...

(Plus Fernandez)

Outgoings....

Emerson - West Ham, £13m

Winston "

I’ve just read that even with amortisation they’ll be £75m down a season before they’ve bought any other players. Crazy that they’re allowed to do it and really makes a mockery of FFP.

over a year ago

"How can Chelsea keep spending so much?

There are two issues.

Chelsea's incomings...

(Plus Fernandez)

Outgoings....

Emerson - West Ham, £13m

Winston

I’ve just read that even with amortisation they’ll be £75m down a season before they’ve bought any other players. Crazy that they’re allowed to do it and really makes a mockery of FFP."

To be fair, pretty much all the big PL teams do it, just with Chelsea at the moment it's the number of players that makes it worse.

Theres a great link on BBC sport football about FFP and what annual "losses" are allowed and in what circumstances.

There's the PL rules and UEFA to comply with too.

Not sure i can find the link or allowed to post it though.

Winston

over a year ago

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64299294

*prays to not winning a holiday....

Winston

By *T SwingersCouple
over a year ago

Brazil

"Can’t complain with Arsenal’s work, we have strengthened the squad ready for a title push. We wasn’t held to ransom by anyone. If the numbers weren’t right for target number 1 we moved on to target number 2.

T Season ticket holder"

To be fair, if you are talking about Caicedo, you couldn't have been held to ransom for a player that was never for sale in this window.

Chelsea were told and stopped after the first bid, Arsenal and Caicedo's new agent and agent's stooges like Fabrizio Romano tried to agitate a move that was never going to happen.

By *T SwingersCouple
over a year ago

Brazil

https://twitter.com/paddypower/status/1620495919799242752/mediaviewer

By *tourgentMan
over a year ago

Stourbridge

6 signings for us (Wolves). Hope we have enough to pull clear from the drop now.

over a year ago

"6 signings for us (Wolves). Hope we have enough to pull clear from the drop now."

Saturdays result will help. Bit of payback after the appalling ref/VAR/linesman debacle at Anfield.

Winston

Post new Message to Thread