FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

What's your perception of us on the forums ?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

We have been on fab for almost a year now , and have regularly posted on the forums - so here's the question - do fellow fab forumites have a good , bad or indifferent perception of us ?

Please be honest - we don't go on other Internet chat sites so we don't really know if our approach is making us feel the way we do - which is maybe a bit ostracised ?

Thanks

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ackandkateCouple
over a year ago

Truro

Grow a thick skin and don't be worried about what people think of you.

Remember the old addadge "You never please all of the people all of the time"

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Jack's spot on.

Don't worry what people think, just enjoy yourselves.

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

Why do you care what complete strangers think about you?

By *he-Hosiery-GentMan
over a year ago

Older Hot Bearded Guy

"Why do you care what complete strangers think about you?"

Good point

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Grow a thick skin and don't be worried about what people think of you.

"

this this this....

the people who know me know me... the people who don't, don't!

I am not going to please everyone... i am just going to be the best "me" I can...

By *ub bbwWoman
over a year ago

oldbury

There are some posters on here I would avoid as they are just antagonists but others are lovely I know I can get some people's backs up with my opinions but I try not to let it bother me unless they personally attack me. So I think you should just carry on being you.

over a year ago

Just be true to yourself that all you need to be here .

over a year ago

i dont know you or cannot remember your posts.

so i do not have any _iew on you.

i also believe that most people would be different in person than the _iews they make on some posts.

a lot of the time a face to face conversation can change your _iew of someone.

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

Most people care at some level about whether or not they have friends and are liked; I do believe, however, that if one is caught up in trying to be liked by most or all it is a volatile place to be as one is likely to loose one's true identity in the process.

I never deliberately upset anybody and if I learn of an incident where I have offended I like to apologise and put it right as I dont like not being at peace with people and the world. That said I do not need to be liked or loved by everybody. Long live the diversity of society and, as a a microcosm, Fabs Forums.

over a year ago

I agree with the other posters on here, it really don't matter what people think of you.

The chances are your post will attract people in tune with you and repell those who ain't.

I really don't mind what people think of me, I just make sure I am true to myself. Doing that I have met some cool people and made good friends

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

I like your contributions

over a year ago

I’m happy to bask in the company of anyone who enjoys the pleasures of good-natured thought-exchange and friendly banter….!.

By *ackandkateCouple
over a year ago

Truro

"I’m happy to bask in the company of anyone who enjoys the pleasures of good-natured thought-exchange and friendly banter….!. "

Here here

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

"I’m happy to bask in the company of anyone who enjoys the pleasures of good-natured thought-exchange and friendly banter….!. "
Soxy, when you become soppy... I want to cry - Happy New Year to you and other forumites

over a year ago

Have you started on the sherry already?

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

Apart from when you have gone on about not meeting anyone I think your posts have often been informative and balanced.

I do agree with the others on here though, don't worry what strangers online think of you x

over a year ago

"I’m happy to bask in the company of anyone who enjoys the pleasures of good-natured thought-exchange and friendly banter….!.

Soxy, when you become soppy... I want to cry - Happy New Year to you and other forumites"

Sheeez are you two trying to ruin my image as a hard drinking aggressive gob-shite in a frock!!!....OMG

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

"I’m happy to bask in the company of anyone who enjoys the pleasures of good-natured thought-exchange and friendly banter….!.

Soxy, when you become soppy... I want to cry - Happy New Year to you and other forumites

Sheeez are you two trying to ruin my image as a hard drinking aggressive gob-shite in a frock!!!....OMG "

Did not realise you dressed ina frock xx

over a year ago

Thanks everyone

Very helpful and guess we will carry on being us !

Happy new year to you all

over a year ago

Sheeez are you two trying to ruin my image as a hard drinking aggressive gob-shite in a frock!!!....OMG "

That's done me completely now - sherry Soxy Sherry!! Walks away shaking head ........ Muttering ... Jeez Sherry !!

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

Sheeez are you two trying to ruin my image as a hard drinking aggressive gob-shite in a frock!!!....OMG

That's done me completely now - sherry Soxy Sherry!! Walks away shaking head ........ Muttering ... Jeez Sherry !! "

He told me he had to drink to console himself because you live so far away...

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

OP: I recall some of your posts and they seem to perfectly acceptable to me, never rude but you put your own points of _iew forward. I wouldn't have said you were a pair to avoid due to your posts. Don't worry about it is what I think.

over a year ago

Sheeez are you two trying to ruin my image as a hard drinking aggressive gob-shite in a frock!!!....OMG Did not realise you dressed ina frock xx"

over a year ago

That's done me completely now - sherry Soxy Sherry!! Walks away shaking head ........ Muttering ... Jeez Sherry !! "

Nooooo Minxie..... don't listen to them.... it was only one time.... and to be fair it was cooking sherry and I only drank it while I was waiting for my Soufflé to rise and you know how frustrating that can be!!!.......

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 31/12/12 13:08:21]

over a year ago

Sheeez are you two trying to ruin my image as a hard drinking aggressive gob-shite in a frock!!!....OMG Did not realise you dressed ina frock xx

"

Twin set and pearls are far more in keeping with a sherry drinker

over a year ago

"Thanks everyone

Very helpful and guess we will carry on being us !

Happy new year to you all "

Happy New Year to you as well. x

over a year ago

That's done me completely now - sherry Soxy Sherry!! Walks away shaking head ........ Muttering ... Jeez Sherry !!

Nooooo Minxie..... don't listen to them.... it was only one time.... and to be fair it was cooking sherry and I only drank it while I was waiting for my Soufflé to rise and you know how frustrating that can be!!!.......

"

Oh yeah the souffle chestnut -and yeah I know I've lost my sticky up bit over my e lol before anyone tells me lol

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 31/12/12 13:16:01]

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 31/12/12 13:15:56]

over a year ago

Oh yeah the souffle chestnut -and yeah I know I've lost my sticky up bit over my e lol before anyone tells me lol "

Is one making reference to soufflé m'dear....??

over a year ago

Oh yeah the souffle chestnut -and yeah I know I've lost my sticky up bit over my e lol before anyone tells me lol

Is one making reference to soufflé m'dear....?? "

One is/was lol just cos u still have ure sticking up bit ....... But then again one has never been issued with one lol

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

"

well said..

be yourself and worry nought..

(back to ironing the net curtains then..

By *1sexypairCouple
over a year ago

Retford

this this this....

the people who know me know me... the people who don't, don't!

I am not going to please everyone... i am just going to be the best "me" I can..."

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

What is it that makes you feel ostracised?

I read through loads of threads without posting on them as what I could have contributed has already been said. If I make a post & someone disagrees with my point of _iew, then so be it, that's all it is, a point of _iew.

Enjoy

over a year ago

Is one making reference to soufflé m'dear....??

One is/was lol just cos u still have ure sticking up bit ....... But then again one has never been issued with one lol "

Oh my….. Minxie…..don’t tell everyone you’ve lost your “accent aigu” otherwise some clever smart arse might é mail you one….!.

Oop's sorry Euro...erm,,, honestly I didn't notice you'd already posted one...yikes... ,,,,,

oh-my this is awkward... ahem.... happy new-year everybody.... happy-new-year

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

"

Oh my….. Minxie…..don’t tell everyone you’ve lost your “accent aigu” otherwise some clever smart arse might é mail you one….!.

"

She has replaced him with a "grave"

over a year ago

Guys n gal ........ One can't lose wot one was never given in the first place lol

over a year ago

"What is it that makes you feel ostracised?

I read through loads of threads without posting on them as what I could have contributed has already been said. If I make a post & someone disagrees with my point of _iew, then so be it, that's all it is, a point of _iew.

Enjoy "

Only thing that sometimes makes us feel ostracised is when we comment and the thread dies and no further remarks are made ! Probably nothing and as you say , often it's just because there's nothing else to say on the subject - oh and the usual hijacking lol

over a year ago

Enjoy

Only thing that sometimes makes us feel ostracised is when we comment and the thread dies and no further remarks are made ! Probably nothing and as you say , often it's just because there's nothing else to say on the subject - oh and the usual hijacking lol "

Ok I'll vanish pfffffft

over a year ago

Enjoy

Only thing that sometimes makes us feel ostracised is when we comment and the thread dies and no further remarks are made ! Probably nothing and as you say , often it's just because there's nothing else to say on the subject - oh and the usual hijacking lol "

Awwww, well look, just to prove you’re not a thread killer.... I'll take the bullet on this one...

over a year ago

fascinating

over a year ago

"fascinating"

Oi..... I was taking the bullet

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

Thick skin and that each have their own _iews and out take on things... forums would be dull if we were all the same...

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

thread killing is good... proves your point is right, if it wasn't someone would tell you

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Enjoy

Someone has to be last on the thread.

Hijacking is the self indulgence of the poster it is not aimed at other posters.

C'mon now ..... you are being a tad paranoid .. listen to Granny.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa someone post after me....

I'm not being last Noooooo Mummeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

over a year ago

"thread killing is good... proves your point is right, if it wasn't someone would tell you "

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"thread killing is good... proves your point is right, if it wasn't someone would tell you "

I disagree

over a year ago

Thanks granny - as ever , the voice of reason

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

"thread killing is good... proves your point is right, if it wasn't someone would tell you

I disagree "

but you are wrong

over a year ago

Will you lot leave my end alone

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"thread killing is good... proves your point is right, if it wasn't someone would tell you

I disagree

but you are wrong"

This reply does not compute.... This reply does not compute....

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Will you lot leave my end alone "

Sox....... I have a question for you ....

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

I disagree

but you are wrong

This reply does not compute.... This reply does not compute.... "

stop self indulging.......

over a year ago

"Will you lot leave my end alone

Sox....... I have a question for you ...."

Yikes Gwanny,,, now I'm nervous ..... but go on!

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

I disagree

but you are wrong

This reply does not compute.... This reply does not compute....

stop self indulging....... "

Ha! Ah cannae..... that's me in a nutbag... ( sporran !)

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Yikes Gwanny,,, now I'm nervous ..... but go on! "

Well Sox ..... If we won't leave your end alone and a digit is inserted....

Who has had a finger up the bum ?

over a year ago

Yikes Gwanny,,, now I'm nervous ..... but go on!

Well Sox ..... If we won't leave your end alone and a digit is inserted....

Who has had a finger up the bum ?

"

That depends on who’s got the cleanest and best manicured nails…… (although obviously thats none gender specific)

over a year ago

"Why do you care what complete strangers think about you?"
Exactly. Don't really care what people I know 'think', nevermind anyone else

By *innamon!Woman
over a year ago

no matter

I have seen you post .. dont think there is anything to worry about..

I been here over a year now and I still sometimes feel invisible as I did at the beginning..I try to be chatty or funny or friendly or even bitchy.

{I even get banned on occasion so at least the mods notice me}

I will keep posting as the threads take my fancy and wont let it get me down.

Im stronger now than I was in the beginning. Chin up and enjoy what you do. !!

HNY !

By *amschwingerzCouple
over a year ago

West

"We have been on fab for almost a year now , and have regularly posted on the forums - so here's the question - do fellow fab forumites have a good , bad or indifferent perception of us ?

Please be honest - we don't go on other Internet chat sites so we don't really know if our approach is making us feel the way we do - which is maybe a bit ostracised ?

Thanks "

Id say 70-80% unfriendly (unless your a woman)...but the remaining 20-30% make it worthwhile..although we are largely ignored by some of the so called 'cliques' we still say that they at least appear to be genuine people who dont have hidden agendas..

If we didn't like it we wouldn't be here..simple as that

By *amschwingerzCouple
over a year ago

West

Ooops...sorry didnt see the 'us' bit...dont know about the forums, but your profile seems nice, honest and to the point..

Post new Message to Thread