Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

What you look for

Jump to newest

By *aitonel OP   Man
over a year ago

Liverpool

How much do your sexual fab preferences align with your romantic/relationship preferences?

I've seen it mentioned now and again some will state that when it comes to casual sex they have a type they look for and are attracted to, but romantically they tend to be less strict in the people they gravitate towards.

If that makes sense... It does in my head but I'm sure I'm wording it rather poorly.

I bet Meli knows what I mean!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Do you mean looks or their personality?

Either way, my answer is sexy, I like sexy people

over a year ago

"How much do your sexual fab preferences align with your romantic/relationship preferences?

I've seen it mentioned now and again some will state that when it comes to casual sex they have a type they look for and are attracted to, but romantically they tend to be less strict in the people they gravitate towards.

If that makes sense... It does in my head but I'm sure I'm wording it rather poorly.

I bet Meli knows what I mean!"

I don’t have a specific type in terms of physical attributes, but I do find that I need to align mentally and sexually pretty well with someone to consider any kind of romantic feelings developing. Hope that makes sense

over a year ago

Every time I think I have a type, someone comes along and changes everything.

I like people with a similar sense of humour and similar interests… if that helps? A bit of personality so we aren’t just two people rubbing up against each other

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

"How much do your sexual fab preferences align with your romantic/relationship preferences?

I bet Meli knows what I mean!"

They don't But then I'm half a couple so they wouldn't.

Thinking back to before we met (on here) I don't think there were any differences as I wasn't actively seeking a relationship - it just progressed from being FB's to FWB's to realising we were in love and deciding to move in together and get hitched.

If you set different parameters for casual hook ups vs potential LTR's then you could be setting yourself up to fail by excluding the former from potential relationships.

Of course I've seen it said many times on here that guys wouldn't want a serious relationship with someone who's been active on Fab and wouldn't ever dream of marrying a swinger, but then that's just one of those double standards that some folk seem happy to hold.

A

By *ellhungvweMan
over a year ago

Cheltenham

I am not looking for a relationship so that makes that easy. On the casual side I just enjoy people who are laid back, don’t take things too seriously and just enjoy good sex.

By *aitonel OP   Man
over a year ago

Liverpool

"Do you mean looks or their personality?

Either way, my answer is sexy, I like sexy people "

Well the whole package really. But I guess is the casual fab attraction based around the fantasy of somebody, while a partner is more... Grounded.

Like I've seen a few people that casually want that overconfident sexual attitude, gym addict, vwe. But as a partner they would rather be with somebody that looks are less important (but still important) while they need to be more down to earth personality.

Where there is almost a bit of a big contrast between the two.

Less of the lady in the streets, freak in the sheets deal. With best of both worlds - but that is what some people want.

over a year ago

Sexual preferences are entirely different to romance or relationship preferences.

I'd never have a relationship with someone on Fab.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

I have overlap but there are traits that I couldn't accept in a long term partner that are fine in a casual sex partner. Sharing your life, every moment, with someone who doesn't sufficiently match you, would be my idea of hell. I'd take being single over that, always

over a year ago

Good question.

I wasn't after a relationship but still had a type I was attracted to that wouldn't change if I was looking for casual or more. I like what I like.

Though having said that I put up with a whole load of bullshit from one previous person because he fit the attraction and sexual preferences. I would not have had a romantic relationship with him.

I guess I go for what I like then wait to see who they are as time goes on and how things flow. And now I'm here as part of a couple with someone who doesn't make me put up with that kind of bullshit.

T

By *ily WhiteWoman
over a year ago

?

I'm attracted to the same physical attributes for both. I've undoubtedly been less rigid with personality traits when it has come to previous casual sexual encounters....as long as they weren't a complete douchebag I get on with most people, and I could always ask them to wear a gag while we got jiggy, that way I didn't have to listen to them but could still see their prettiness

By *inAndTonic21Couple
over a year ago

Merseyside

Tbh they aren’t much different which is a great point. We aren’t looking to get through fab so makes sense really

over a year ago

I have realised that I don't have a type.. But i am definitely drawn to intelligence and confidence (or more so self assuredness)... And humour.. Oh and a glint /twinkle in the eyes.. Oh that's a connection LMAO.. I'm drawn to a connection

By *heron212Man
over a year ago

London

For THIS site?

Definitely have to be sexy AND be able to hold my interest with conversation.

AND not be a racist/fetishist.

That may be asking too much here at times...

over a year ago

Big juicy bum

over a year ago

Anyone who drives a fiesta would do.

By *reyToTheFairiesWoman
over a year ago

Carlisle usually

Uh, I don't think I separate the two. I'm always more interested in the person than their physical attributes.

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

They are perfectly aligned, any of my fwb could be a romantic relationship, but we choose not to be.

But a kink partner is polar opposite requirements

Post new Message to Thread