Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

No verifications

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Hi guys, just wondered what other peoples opinions and thoughts are on guy's that have been on here for over a year and have no veri's. I've been on and off the site for over 2 years and heard every given excuse for why they have none. Am I just judgemental to presume that they have no intention of meeting and just like to accumulate friends and pictures? I do have people by the way on my friends list that don't have any, but are honest enough to admit they just like to chat. Appreciate your thoughts

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

it is very difficult for guys to get meets.

some guys have been here 3 years and still not get one.

you women have the pick. and can tease guys all you want with no intention of ever meeting.

so if you see a guy without verifications maybe you should contact him?

what have you got to lose?

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

Not everyone relies on the opinions of total strangers when deciding to take another total stranger into their bed.

Verifications are but a tool, if you need someone you don't know to vouch for another person you don't know then avoid those without verifications.

We all use the site differently, doesn't bother me how people choose to use the site - I make my own mind up in choosing my meets.

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

they may have joined and then taken a break and only just come back on, they may have joined and met someone off site and started a relationship and sadly that has ended, they may be users of the chat rooms only and are happy just watching and joining in the banter....

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

I generally dont meet people without verifications. I broke my rule this year after talking to someone for quite awhile and have to say im more than pleased that i did

over a year ago

I my self have not met anyone from here that's why I don't have any

By *mileyBWoman
over a year ago

Northwood

I wouldn't not meet someone just because they have no veri's. some keep veri's hidden as they are a private thing and the user doesn't want to 'show off'. I realised I'd been meeting with someone for a while and neither of us had done each other a veri just because it didn't matte to us and it wasn't important. Everyone has to start somewhere and everyone goes at their own pace. No rules, no pressure, just fun.

over a year ago

"Not everyone relies on the opinions of total strangers when deciding to take another total stranger into their bed.

Verifications are but a tool, if you need someone you don't know to vouch for another person you don't know then avoid those without verification

We all use the site differently, doesn't bother me how people choose to use the site - I make my own mind up in choosing my meets."

Yes i agree, I don't meet people for what they have on their verifications as what someone else likes is not necessarily what i like, I was just referring to guys that have not actually had a meet.

over a year ago

"I wouldn't not meet someone just because they have no veri's. some keep veri's hidden as they are a private thing and the user doesn't want to 'show off'. I realised I'd been meeting with someone for a while and neither of us had done each other a veri just because it didn't matte to us and it wasn't important. Everyone has to start somewhere and everyone goes at their own pace. No rules, no pressure, just fun. "

a valid point well made

over a year ago

"I wouldn't not meet someone just because they have no veri's. some keep veri's hidden as they are a private thing and the user doesn't want to 'show off'. I realised I'd been meeting with someone for a while and neither of us had done each other a veri just because it didn't matte to us and it wasn't important. Everyone has to start somewhere and everyone goes at their own pace. No rules, no pressure, just fun. "

Yes but you can tell when someone has no veri's and when someone has them hidden. I've been lots of guys first meets on fabs and have had great fun..I don't actually rely on what others think, was just making a general observation but thanks for your reply

over a year ago

"Not everyone relies on the opinions of total strangers when deciding to take another total stranger into their bed.

Verifications are but a tool, if you need someone you don't know to vouch for another person you don't know then avoid those without verification

We all use the site differently, doesn't bother me how people choose to use the site - I make my own mind up in choosing my meets.

Yes i agree, I don't meet people for what they have on their verifications as what someone else likes is not necessarily what i like, I was just referring to guys that have not actually had a meet."

It is a reason for concern at times - but does apply to women and couples too!

So if you meant 'guys' in a non-gender specific way - I see where you're coming from!

over a year ago

I've met people that aren't verified and verified people, if someone doesn't meet them how will they ever get verified lol

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"I was just referring to guys that have not actually had a meet."

Not everyone on here needs or desires verifications. However if the guy admits he hasn't met anyone, yet wants to, then why not meet (if of course he fulfils your requirements)?

I have met and verified several unverified men. Not once have I been disappointed by them.

over a year ago

Yes i agree, I don't meet people for what they have on their verifications as what someone else likes is not necessarily what i like, I was just referring to guys that have not actually had a meet.

So if you meant 'guys' in a non-gender specific way - I see where you're coming from! "

Yes I should have put guys & gals lol..sorry, I'm a northern monkey what can i say??

over a year ago

So if you meant 'guys' in a non-gender specific way - I see where you're coming from!

Yes I should have put guys & gals lol..sorry, I'm a northern monkey what can i say?? "

i wouldnt say that.

seem to be a reasonable person to me.

over a year ago

"I was just referring to guys that have not actually had a meet.

Not everyone on here needs or desires verifications. However if the guy admits he hasn't met anyone, yet wants to, then why not meet (if of course he fulfils your requirements)?

I have met and verified several unverified men. Not once have I been disappointed by them."

Yep me too...I've had some amazing meets with guys with no veri's, I'm referring to the guys/gals that genuinely don't want to meet, they love the chase, grinding you down to agreeing to meet and then they disappear or worse don't show up at all. Your lucky if you've had none of those but I know i'm not alone in getting them.

over a year ago

Yes I should have put guys & gals lol..sorry, I'm a northern monkey what can i say??

i wouldnt say that.

seem to be a reasonable person to me."

Awww me or Obi Haive??? lol ...blushing now

over a year ago

I seldom meet anyone without verifications.

However, I do not rely on the opinions of others in determining whether I would meet a person or not.

I prefer to perform my own vetting.

over a year ago

We don't have a issue with no veri's ( we have met and given first veri's to afew people ) they are just a tool to help but we find its chatting that's a far better way to distinguish real people

over a year ago

i dont meet people with no verifications anymore because i want to be sure they are the right people for me unless maybe if they are newbies.

i think if they havnt been meeting people after a year they maybe arent serious about meeting people.

over a year ago

i wouldnt say that.

Awww me or Obi Haive??? lol ...blushing now "

no you lady.

ive seen your face, pretty lady

over a year ago

"I seldom meet anyone without verifications.

However, I do not rely on the opinions of others in determining whether I would meet a person or not.

"

I understand that as do i, but it wasn't what i asked for your opinion on, I was asking what were your thoughts on people with no verifications that had been on the site for over a year?

over a year ago

"We don't have a issue with no veri's ( we have met and given first veri's to afew people ) they are just a tool to help but we find its chatting that's a far better way to distinguish real people "

your good people.

over a year ago

i wouldnt say that.

no you lady.

ive seen your face, pretty lady "

LOL and i've seen your errrrrrmmmm Chest haha xx

By *ll-Knight-longMan
over a year ago

Derby/Notts(Long Eaton)

"they may have joined and then taken a break and only just come back on, they may have joined and met someone off site and started a relationship and sadly that has ended, they may be users of the chat rooms only and are happy just watching and joining in the banter...."

This was much the case for me where the profile was dormant due to working awayn& family commitments

over a year ago

I do meet unverified guys, but must admit I am wary of those that have been on here for a year and haven't been photo verified or cam verified as neither of these require a meet. Verifications don't have to be displayed, but a profile with no tick after several months does make me more cautious about arranging something.

And I know people can delete a profile and start up a new one as many times as they want, but then if that's the case why have a year old unverified profile? Just seems odd to me x

over a year ago

Perhaps I was being too subtle.

I do not mind if a gent does not have verifications after being on here for a while, as I do not rely on other people's opinions before I decide whether to meet a gent or not.

Not everyone likes to shout they have had a meet or with whom.

IMHO.

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

"I'm referring to the guys/gals that genuinely don't want to meet, they love the chase, grinding you down to agreeing to meet and then they disappear or worse don't show up at all. Your lucky if you've had none of those but I know i'm not alone in getting them. "

I've had several of those. After a while you get a feel for the ones who are playing you or not going to turn up so its best to just cut off communication with a 'I don't think we are after the same things on here' message.

Unfortunately there are many people who enjoy that sort of thing without understanding the consequences, so its best to leave them to it. Hard to find them out but not impossible.

over a year ago

i wouldnt say that.

no you lady.

ive seen your face, pretty lady

LOL and i've seen your errrrrrmmmm Chest haha xx"

oh

over a year ago

"I do meet unverified guys, but must admit I am wary of those that have been on here for a year and haven't been photo verified or cam verified as neither of these require a meet. Verifications don't have to be displayed, but a profile with no tick after several months does make me more cautious about arranging something.

And I know people can delete a profile and start up a new one as many times as they want, but then if that's the case why have a year old unverified profile? Just seems odd to me x"

over a year ago

"I'm referring to the guys/gals that genuinely don't want to meet, they love the chase, grinding you down to agreeing to meet and then they disappear or worse don't show up at all. Your lucky if you've had none of those but I know i'm not alone in getting them.

I've had several of those. After a while you get a feel for the ones who are playing you or not going to turn up so its best to just cut off communication with a 'I don't think we are after the same things on here' message.

Unfortunately there are many people who enjoy that sort of thing without understanding the consequences, so its best to leave them to it. Hard to find them out but not impossible."

And have you ever noticed that they have no veri's??? Genuine question as all mine seem to have, so i now steer clear but that's why i was asking if people thought i was being judgemental

over a year ago

I understand that as do i, but it wasn't what i asked for your opinion on, I was asking what were your thoughts on people with no verifications that had been on the site for over a year? "

ive been on and off this site for around about a year and ive had no meets an hence no veries thats because iam not looking for a a quick shag,if i was i know where to find one,allso this place isent plan A or B to me .as for veri's dont hold much to them never once seen any saying he/she gave me the clap stay well clear or the social meet meant taking him/her to do the weeekly shopping and me paying for it

over a year ago

"Perhaps I was being too subtle.

I do not mind if a gent does not have verifications after being on here for a while, as I do not rely on other people's opinions before I decide whether to meet a gent or not.

IMHO.

"

Oh no, i understood you pefectly! You must be one sought after lady then to have never been messed about by these non verified people

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

"I'm referring to the guys/gals that genuinely don't want to meet, they love the chase, grinding you down to agreeing to meet and then they disappear or worse don't show up at all. Your lucky if you've had none of those but I know i'm not alone in getting them.

Unfortunately there are many people who enjoy that sort of thing without understanding the consequences, so its best to leave them to it. Hard to find them out but not impossible.

And have you ever noticed that they have no veri's??? Genuine question as all mine seem to have, so i now steer clear but that's why i was asking if people thought i was being judgemental "

Funnily enough I only check veris if the profile interests me, but a few times that I have been led on they had the green tick but have hidden their veris. Not all veris are good ones, or meet veris, or even recent!

I have been stood up three times by men since I joined Fab in 2010, and all three were meet verified. It's sad but true that even people who meet like to mess about sometimes, and I was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

over a year ago

I understand that as do i, but it wasn't what i asked for your opinion on, I was asking what were your thoughts on people with no verifications that had been on the site for over a year?

ive been on and off this site for around about a year and ive had no meets an hence no veries thats because iam not looking for a a quick shag,if i was i know where to find one,allso this place isent plan A or B to me .as for veri's dont hold much to them never once seen any saying he/she gave me the clap stay well clear or the social meet meant taking him/her to do the weeekly shopping and me paying for it"

Hahah well at least an honest answer, and if the people that messaged me said just that then I wouldn't have an issue but when they say they've had meets, looking to meet, want to meet, can't wait to meet and then they go cold turkey what am i meant to believe??

over a year ago

And have you ever noticed that they have no veri's??? Genuine question as all mine seem to have, so i now steer clear but that's why i was asking if people thought i was being judgemental

Funnily enough I only check veris if the profile interests me, but a few times that I have been led on they had the green tick but have hidden their veris. Not all veris are good ones, or meet veris, or even recent!

I have been stood up three times by men since I joined Fab in 2010, and all three were meet verified. It's sad but true that even people who meet like to mess about sometimes, and I was just in the wrong place at the wrong time."

agreed

over a year ago

I have been stood up three times by men since I joined Fab in 2010, and all three were meet verified. It's sad but true that even people who meet like to mess about sometimes, and I was just in the wrong place at the wrong time."

ah yeah, i've seen your previous posts on this. Suppose i'm just gonna have to face facts..that there are some utter numnuts on here and then there are the lovely people i've already met

over a year ago

ive been on and off this site for around about a year and ive had no meets an hence no veries thats because iam not looking for a a quick shag,if i was i know where to find one,allso this place isent plan A or B to me .as for veri's dont hold much to them never once seen any saying he/she gave me the clap stay well clear or the social meet meant taking him/her to do the weeekly shopping and me paying for it

Hahah well at least an honest answer, and if the people that messaged me said just that then I wouldn't have an issue but when they say they've had meets, looking to meet, want to meet, can't wait to meet and then they go cold turkey what am i meant to believe?? "

allways remeber most guys type with one hand and you know where the other hand isand when they have got off roll over and go to sleep

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

"I have been stood up three times by men since I joined Fab in 2010, and all three were meet verified. It's sad but true that even people who meet like to mess about sometimes, and I was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

ah yeah, i've seen your previous posts on this. Suppose i'm just gonna have to face facts..that there are some utter numnuts on here and then there are the lovely people i've already met "

LOL I try not to go on about it but it has to be said that a person being meet verified is no guarantee that they will turn up. Verifications are a tool provided by the site but there's no substitute for for messaging, social meets, and using your instincts.

over a year ago

"I have been stood up three times by men since I joined Fab in 2010, and all three were meet verified. It's sad but true that even people who meet like to mess about sometimes, and I was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

ah yeah, i've seen your previous posts on this. Suppose i'm just gonna have to face facts..that there are some utter numnuts on here and then there are the lovely people i've already met

LOL I try not to go on about it but it has to be said that a person being meet verified is no guarantee that they will turn up. Verifications are a tool provided by the site but there's no substitute for for messaging, social meets, and using your instincts."

Yeah cos if there was a bad verification facility available ...omg ..the fun i could have with that one! haha

over a year ago

Hahah well at least an honest answer, and if the people that messaged me said just that then I wouldn't have an issue but when they say they've had meets, looking to meet, want to meet, can't wait to meet and then they go cold turkey what am i meant to believe??

allways remeber most guys type with one hand and you know where the other hand isand when they have got off roll over and go to sleep"

Really??? LOL

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

LOL I try not to go on about it but it has to be said that a person being meet verified is no guarantee that they will turn up. Verifications are a tool provided by the site but there's no substitute for for messaging, social meets, and using your instincts.

Yeah cos if there was a bad verification facility available ...omg ..the fun i could have with that one! haha "

There is nothing stopping you from leaving a bad verification you know. Its just very unlikely that the person will display it.

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

"it is very difficult for guys to get meets.

you women have the pick. and can tease guys all you want with no intention of ever meeting.

"

I had that opinion and have, in the past, arranged meets with a few guys without veris. Every single one of them - without exception - was a let down. Now I go off veris - right or wrong - that is the way I do it.

over a year ago

Yeah cos if there was a bad verification facility available ...omg ..the fun i could have with that one! haha

There is nothing stopping you from leaving a bad verification you know. Its just very unlikely that the person will display it. "

Sod that..and give them the elite green tick..no way hose

over a year ago

I had that opinion and have, in the past, arranged meets with a few guys without veris. Every single one of them - without exception - was a let down. Now I go off veris - right or wrong - that is the way I do it."

over a year ago

When I am not actively looking to meet, I set myself unsearchable.

And I apply as many applicable filters as possible.

There is a filter to prevent those that are not verified from contacting me.

However, I don't use it, as the number of unsolicited PMs I receive are in single digits and manageable.

over a year ago

And no, I don't let any peeps mess me about, and am very quick to hit the block button.

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

"Perhaps I was being too subtle.

IMHO.

Oh no, i understood you pefectly! You must be one sought after lady then to have never been messed about by these non verified people "

over a year ago

I had that opinion and have, in the past, arranged meets with a few guys without veris. Every single one of them - without exception - was a let down. Now I go off veris - right or wrong - that is the way I do it."

im no genius and do not have the answers.

everyone picks the wrong people at some point.

just try to pick better ones is harder than it looks.

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

I had that opinion and have, in the past, arranged meets with a few guys without veris. Every single one of them - without exception - was a let down. Now I go off veris - right or wrong - that is the way I do it.

just try to pick better ones is harder than it looks."

I know. And to balance out this point of _iew my fb has also had let downs off here from both couples and single women. Some with veris, some without. I think it is fair to say that on the web you are open to an entire world of numpties. One gender/race/age group does not have a monopoly in twatology.

over a year ago

just try to pick better ones is harder than it looks.

I know. And to balance out this point of _iew my fb has also had let downs off here from both couples and single women. Some with veris, some without. I think it is fair to say that on the web you are open to an entire world of numpties. One gender/race/age group does not have a monopoly in twatology."

yes i agree. one of them things we all endure

over a year ago

"Hi guys, just wondered what other peoples opinions and thoughts are on guy's that have been on here for over a year and have no veri's. I've been on and off the site for over 2 years and heard every given excuse for why they have none. Am I just judgemental to presume that they have no intention of meeting and just like to accumulate friends and pictures? I do have people by the way on my friends list that don't have any, but are honest enough to admit they just like to chat. Appreciate your thoughts "

I'm still new to this site ,I don't class myself as a swinger I tend to have fb's , so why do I use this site ? Because I love the forum's , I'd definitely meet someone from here if asked and I got on with them so I wouldn't class myself as a time waster.

This is a bloody good site and I feel I've already made a few friends on here but on a personal note surely if no one meets an unverified person how are they to get verified?

over a year ago

Attend social events and meet others from FAB and get verified that way?

over a year ago

Unfortunately there are many people who enjoy that sort of thing without understanding the consequences, so its best to leave them to it. Hard to find them out but not impossible."

Wish I could work that one out, just had one recently, wanted to meet, arranged a place didn't show and then just vanished from site!!!

It is very hard for a guy to get meets, thats for sure and it seems that there are a lot of people that do that on here, or just dont reply dohh

over a year ago

"Attend social events and meet others from FAB and get verified that way? "

See I learn something everyday , didn't realize that, thought it just went on meets

over a year ago

It is "Meet in person", therefore, social meet in person counts.

By *londeCazWoman
over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

"Attend social events and meet others from FAB and get verified that way?

See I learn something everyday , didn't realize that, thought it just went on meets "

Check my veris, I've got a meet in person verification from a forumite visiting me in hospital after my hip replacement!!!!!

I was contacted by a couple who had no verifications and had been on the site over a year - I asked them why and they explained their reasons which were fine by me, had a social meet with the female and followed up with a play meet with them both.

I've also verified an American couple by cam as they asked in the forum how to get verified so we popped to Canada when both of them were in and had a wee chat and I verified them as a genuine couple

over a year ago

Any guys come across this as regularly with the ladies being on here for over a year with no veri's?

By *londeCazWoman
over a year ago

"Any guys come across this as regularly with the ladies being on here for over a year with no veri's? "

I got a meet veri the night I joined Fab - but then again, I am a complete slapper

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

"Any guys come across this as regularly with the ladies being on here for over a year with no veri's?

I got a meet veri the night I joined Fab - but then again, I am a complete slapper"

Ditto. Totally unexpected too!

over a year ago

"Attend social events and meet others from FAB and get verified that way?

See I learn something everyday , didn't realize that, thought it just went on meets

Check my veris, I've got a meet in person verification from a forumite visiting me in hospital after my hip replacement!!!!!

I was contacted by a couple who had no verifications and had been on the site over a year - I asked them why and they explained their reasons which were fine by me, had a social meet with the female and followed up with a play meet with them both.

I've also verified an American couple by cam as they asked in the forum how to get verified so we popped to Canada when both of them were in and had a wee chat and I verified them as a genuine couple"

Read your veri's, had a good giggle at the hosy one , bet there's not many on here who've done a verification from a hospital bed lol.

over a year ago

"Any guys come across this as regularly with the ladies being on here for over a year with no veri's? "

I've spotted a couple, usually when they send friends requests to the couples profile I have with my fb. They often have no pics, limited text and a status or headline stating how filthy they are or how much fun last night was...not suspicious at all!

By *londeCazWoman
over a year ago

"Any guys come across this as regularly with the ladies being on here for over a year with no veri's?

I got a meet veri the night I joined Fab - but then again, I am a complete slapper

Ditto. Totally unexpected too! "

Got one the following day too, then I calmed it down a bit

By *andCCouple
over a year ago

Leicester

A lack of verifications does not necessarily mean a lack of meets.

Some people choose not to display verifications, though in the case of single guy profiles, you would think it unlikely that they would choose not to show them.

We've had good verifications disappear because members have pulled their profiles and left the site. Now I know why some copy and paste veris into their profile text

over a year ago

Given as how it is alot harder for guys to get meets on here I am much more suspicious when it is a fem or cpl profile that is Unverified.

over a year ago

"A lack of verifications does not necessarily mean a lack of meets.

Some people choose not to display verifications, though in the case of single guy profiles, you would think it unlikely that they would choose not to show them.

We've had good verifications disappear because members have pulled their profiles and left the site. Now I know why some copy and paste veris into their profile text "

The veris go, but the tick doesn't...that to me means more than the content of a veri (although some can make interesting reading!)

over a year ago

"A lack of verifications does not necessarily mean a lack of meets.

We've had good verifications disappear because members have pulled their profiles and left the site. Now I know why some copy and paste veris into their profile text "

I was referring to profiles that have no green tick. If someone verifies you, even if they leave the site you still keep the green tick so people know you've been verified. It would seem unusual for people to be having meets but have noone verify them ever?

over a year ago

I have met more than one, but still only got one verification, Never bothered to ask and they didnt offer. Were good meets though lol

Post new Message to Thread