Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

IGNORING MESSAGES vrs SAYING NO THANKS

Jump to newest

By *lacksausage OP   Man
over a year ago

Birmingham Airport

Who thinks saying NO to someone is harder than just ignoring a message hoping they 'will get it' ?

Or is it the other way round?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *aceytopWoman
over a year ago

from a town near you

my profile clearly states i wont answer msgs from under 40ies so if they msg me i dont feel guilty not answering

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Neither. But it is much harder to handle rejection...

over a year ago

I do both depending on type message sent.

For example, message from guy, 48, chubby build, message says the word hi and nothing else, this message I would _elete without response (guy doesn't fit what I am looking for)

Example 2, message from guy, 35, slim, message tells me a little about him, likes, dislikes, sends face pic, but not to my attraction. This message would get a polite no thanks message as he fits criteria I'm seeking.

Deleting/replying no thanks, find both easy to do.

over a year ago

Right now i have 705 in my box to read every day i do some .. And in my profile say cant mail all back , I love my mail just get alot.

By *lacksausage OP   Man
over a year ago

Birmingham Airport

"my profile clearly states i wont answer msgs from under 40ies so if they msg me i dont feel guilty not answering "

Mmm, I can't wait to be 40. Lol

over a year ago

I have 600 unread on this account and more on our couple account, no way I am answering all those, ignore definitely!

People I want to talk to, know how to get hold if me

By *lacksausage OP   Man
over a year ago

Birmingham Airport

"Right now i have 705 in my box to read every day i do some .. And in my profile say cant mail all back , I love my mail just get alot. "

I have seen your profile and Gosh I can see why you get soo many.

over a year ago

Depending on my mood and the quality of the message, I may either ignore or reply to say no, then block if I have no intention of knowing the sender of the unsolicited message.

over a year ago

I have 3 messages already this week, when I get some time I'll answer them

over a year ago

"I have 600 unread on this account and more on our couple account, no way I am answering all those, ignore definitely!

People I want to talk to, know how to get hold if me"

Carrier pigeon ??

By *ezebelWoman
over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

"I do both depending on type message sent.

For example, message from guy, 48, chubby build, message says the word hi and nothing else, this message I would _elete without response (guy doesn't fit what I am looking for)

Example 2, message from guy, 35, slim, message tells me a little about him, likes, dislikes, sends face pic, but not to my attraction. This message would get a polite no thanks message as he fits criteria I'm seeking.

Deleting/replying no thanks, find both easy to do."

Same here

over a year ago

"I have 3 messages already this week, when I get some time I'll answer them "

over a year ago

I answered all 3 messages I received this year......... God I'm good

over a year ago

"I have 3 messages already this week, when I get some time I'll answer them "

Omg thats triple what ive got and i spend hours trying to reply

By *uckoldandWifeCouple
over a year ago

Manchester

"I do both depending on type message sent.

Deleting/replying no thanks, find both easy to do."

By *j_markCouple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Totteridge/Whetstone

"my profile clearly states i wont answer msgs from under 40ies so if they msg me i dont feel guilty not answering "

Did you know you can block anyone under 40 via filters - that way they won't message you:

http://www.fabswingers.com/my/filters

Admin x

By *unloversCouple
over a year ago

rotherham

I agree with one of the above messages

I hate guys who just put "Hi how are"

Is there really any point in replying as that doesnt even say if they want to meet or not

I also hate guys who write a novel then get arse on cos you havent been bothered to read it all

We only need to know the basics and if they have read our profile then I take the time to reply

xx

over a year ago

"Right now i have 705 in my box to read every day i do some .. And in my profile say cant mail all back , I love my mail just get alot.

I have seen your profile and Gosh I can see why you get soo many. "

kisses xx I do read loads too .. most days and some lovely lovely people here on fab we are lucky .

over a year ago

We always reply to a polite message, mostly to say no thanks and the reason why, it's only polite to do so.

over a year ago

One prob is not knowing from looking at someone's profile as to know if the was a small book written to them and others don't I used to write a lot in the beginning but not know because most of the time I am ignored I can take rejection very well I am used to it now been getting them long enough through my life lol

over a year ago

"I have 600 unread on this account and more on our couple account, no way I am answering all those, ignore definitely!

People I want to talk to, know how to get hold if me

Carrier pigeon ?? "

Lol not that bad

By *aceytopWoman
over a year ago

from a town near you

"my profile clearly states i wont answer msgs from under 40ies so if they msg me i dont feel guilty not answering

Did you know you can block anyone under 40 via filters - that way they won't message you:

http://www.fabswingers.com/my/filters

Admin x"

ah thank you i havent done that will sort it out

By *tehalifaxMan
over a year ago

halifax

Hey ladies n couples im steve 26 from halifax single n genuine im lookin for nsa fun n up for a laugh xx ive msg alot of people on here n all i get is either my msgs _eleted or no reply or straight no ! Which i think is very very rude so if your intrested mail thanks x

By *i 1 Get 1 FreeCouple (MM)
over a year ago

birmingham

"Who thinks saying NO to someone is harder than just ignoring a message hoping they 'will get it' ?"

We prefer to be honest, although "Some" find rejection hard to accept

over a year ago

If they have sent a face pic and a polite message but they are not my type I always send them a polite thanks but no thanks. Very rarely do I get a crappy message back.

over a year ago

"If they have sent a face pic and a polite message but they are not my type I always send them a polite thanks but no thanks. Very rarely do I get a crappy message back."

In fact I usually get a pleasant message back saying thanks for the reply.

By *issBehavingxxWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

"Hey ladies n couples im steve 26 from halifax single n genuine im lookin for nsa fun n up for a laugh xx ive msg alot of people on here n all i get is either my msgs _eleted or no reply or straight no ! Which i think is very very rude so if your intrested mail thanks x"

So, a _eleted message, a no reply and a no are all rude??? By that logic the only people who aren't rude are those who want to meet you

By *tehalifaxMan
over a year ago

halifax

Well ive been on here 7month n nothin not one meet why ?

over a year ago

I'd rather get a rejection than be ignored. I can handle rejection just fine, I don't need to ask why. Ignorance I cannot abide though. That being said, I fully understand that many people are inundated by mail from single guys and can't possibly reply to every message.

over a year ago

To me, ignore = reject and I would move on.

over a year ago

"Right now i have 705 in my box to read every day i do some .. And in my profile say cant mail all back , I love my mail just get alot. "

im not surprised Jo.

anytime we have chatted youve been exciting and a good laugh.

over a year ago

"Well ive been on here 7month n nothin not one meet why ? "

Maybe you are messaging people who aren't looking for single guys. Maybe you don't fulfil what they are looking for. Maybe they feel you didn't put effort into your message.

Who knows, could be several reasons why you don't get replies

over a year ago

"Well ive been on here 7month n nothin not one meet why ?

Maybe you are messaging people who aren't looking for single guys. Maybe you don't fulfil what they are looking for. Maybe they feel you didn't put effort into your message.

Who knows, could be several reasons why you don't get replies"

Plus you were verified 3 weeks ago, so would say you are telling porkies about people not replying to all of your messages

over a year ago

Perhaps rather than saying people are rude for not shagging you on your demand you should look at who you're messaging and what you're saying to them.

over a year ago

"Who thinks saying NO to someone is harder than just ignoring a message hoping they 'will get it' ?

Or is it the other way round? "

Neither is perfect for all. Some complain an no reply, others want full verse and explanation why not so you can't win.

over a year ago

"Well ive been on here 7month n nothin not one meet why ?

Perhaps rather than saying people are rude for not shagging you on your demand you should look at who you're messaging and what you're saying to them."

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

we have had a 'message' today which consisted of....

an x..

not even a Hi or hello and an x..

just an x..

now how do we respond to that..?

maybe its a game of noughts and crosses perhaps..

By *issBehavingxxWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

So your verification from the person who met you "today" in early december is a fake verification????

over a year ago

If you have the time there's no harm in saying "no thanks"

I think it's far more polite !

over a year ago

That's depends on the message sent and if it warrants a reply

over a year ago

If someone emails us when they havnt read our profile then I _elete without responding, if they match what we are looking for but no attraction I always reply with a no thanks.

over a year ago

I kind of thought ignoring was pretty much taken as a 'no'... But I've had people get pretty snotty when I've not replied.

over a year ago

Women say they _elete loads without looking because they get so many. There are no rules saying all messages must be replied to in 24hrs. Just sit and do a few then leave it for a bit. If you don't do them all in one day it's no loss.

Also block the definite no's

over a year ago

Even just doing a few in one day, you come back next day, and there's twice as many as you responded to day before, easier to mass _elete when inbox gets too full

By *lacksausage OP   Man
over a year ago

Birmingham Airport

"If someone emails us when they havnt read our profile then I _elete without responding, if they match what we are looking for but no attraction I always reply with a no thanks."

I don't know if people just try their luck anyway. Gay guys try their luck , tvs etc all the time. When I am in the mood I just opt for banter for a while, then BLOCK!!

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

"If you have the time there's no harm in saying "no thanks"

I think it's far more polite ! "

'If' is the word in question..

politeness and manners work both ways..

so when someone clearly has'nt read your profile or has done and still emailed you despite them clearly knowing they and you are not compatible..

what then..?

over a year ago

Using filters to at least get the right age range should help a bit. I've heard of people complain about messages from guys out of their age range but if the filter was on they wouldn't be able to.

over a year ago

I have filters in place, unfortunately the age range I'm looking for seems to be most popular age range of males on here.

There isn't filters in place to block various races or married etc, I can't filter any more than I do already

over a year ago

"Who thinks saying NO to someone is harder than just ignoring a message hoping they 'will get it' ?

Or is it the other way round? "

Therein is an assumption that the other person(s) are regularly on line and always in the frame of mind to respond immediately ans appropriately.

It is just a game and passes a bit of fun time for us and we think that anyone getting wound up over our "manners" is just taking all this a bit too seriously.

We only reply when we feel like it and if the person warrants a response. We tend to look at messages once a month and end up _eleting all but one or two.

over a year ago

i get some nice messages from the women on the forum and off it.

sadly also some which are not so nice but thats the roundabout im on.

i dont send as they mostly will be ignored and im man enough to admit that.

over a year ago

i am always polite and respectful in every message i send as you never know who will say no and who will say yes, and always appriaciate a reply even if it is a no thank you, every message that i recieve i always reply. i just wish others were as respectful as me

By *elMan
over a year ago

Coventry

What's a received message?

over a year ago

Thanks for the interest but I'm not looking to meet anyone for the moment, wishing you all the best though! ( usually works)

Post new Message to Thread