over a year ago

tottenham

It can be painful,or you might be ok with it,depends on the person

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Ask them if you can have gas and air or if they'll prescribe a mild sedative if you're nervous.

You won't be able to drive home if you have a sedative though

By *lder funCouple
over a year ago

tottenham

Gas and air is good

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"Ask them if you can have gas and air or if they'll prescribe a mild sedative if you're nervous.

You won't be able to drive home if you have a sedative though"

Is it really that bad? Quite nervous to be honest!

By *lder funCouple
over a year ago

tottenham

TheY are good at it,they look after you,

But I can't take the flexi I have to have the rigid,which I have to be put out for

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Ask them if you can have gas and air or if they'll prescribe a mild sedative if you're nervous.

Is it really that bad? Quite nervous to be honest!"

I don't know what it's like for men I've had one but I'm a woman. It was ok I didn't have gas and air or a sedative, I went straight back to work afterwards. It was painful to pee after for about six hours but otherwise ok. I only recommended gas and air or a sedative because you're nervous. .

While I wouldn't be ecstatic about having another one I wouldn't be overly concerned either but I'm a big believer in making any experience as comfortable as possible .

When is your procedure?

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I don't know what it's like for men I've had one but I'm a woman. It was ok I didn't have gas and air or a sedative, I went straight back to work afterwards. It was painful to pee after for about six hours but otherwise ok. I only recommended gas and air or a sedative because you're nervous. .

While I wouldn't be ecstatic about having another one I wouldn't be overly concerned either but I'm a big believer in making any experience as comfortable as possible .

When is your procedure?"

Next week followed by a prostate biopsy the week after

By *riendly older leggy wifeCouple
over a year ago

london

Prostate bio ops,not good,I won't tell you what it involves

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

I'm female and had cystoscopy. It was fine for me, but I'm used to sticking catheters in myself so I'm probably not the best comparison. You do feel a bit like you're peeing razor blades immediately after but it's short lived. My Grandad used to tolerate it fine when he had treatment for bladder cancer.

over a year ago

North West

"Prostate bio ops,not good,I won't tell you what it involves"

This is not a very helpful comment to give when someone is having investigations like this and may be nervous

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

It's not that bad tbf. They put numbing gel on it which helps. The worst part is entering the bladder. Not too painful but just very uncomfortable, after that it's a breeze. I'm sure you'll be fine.

Good luck

over a year ago

london

"Prostate bio ops,not good,I won't tell you what it involves

This is not a very helpful comment to give when someone is having investigations like this and may be nervous "

just being honest with him

over a year ago

North West

This is not a very helpful comment to give when someone is having investigations like this and may be nervous just being honest with him"

Why not either share what is likely to happen, or say nothing at all? Saying "not good, not going to tell you...." is only going to cause unnecessary anxiety because you make it sound like it's horrendous.

People are less likely to be frightened if they are equipped with information about what is likely to happen during a medical procedure.

By *iscrete GloryholeMan
over a year ago

Ashford kent

[Removed by poster at 22/01/23 11:47:13]

over a year ago

london

This is not a very helpful comment to give when someone is having investigations like this and may be nervous just being honest with him

Why not either share what is likely to happen, or say nothing at all? Saying "not good, not going to tell you...." is only going to cause unnecessary anxiety because you make it sound like it's horrendous.

People are less likely to be frightened if they are equipped with information about what is likely to happen during a medical procedure. "

it is horrendous ok,they can look it up,I'm not a social worker,I tell it as it is

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

When is your procedure?

Next week followed by a prostate biopsy the week after"

Best of luck with it all.

The medical professionals are very used to this and will do everything they can to make you comfortable and put you at ease. It's quite a brief procedure and will be over quickly.

over a year ago

london

They are good,in safe hands xx

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

OP.

I've had too many flexible.

Have sent you a private message with relaxation techniques for you.

Best Wishes

Post new Message to Thread