Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Gay

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

what you think or say if a member of your family was gay(sorry what the word)

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Nothing, why would it matter doesn't change them as a person so why should you worry. Long as they are happy that's the main thing.

over a year ago

I'd give them a hug and a high five and confradulate them on taking the big step of opening up about their sexuality and being true to themselves.

Then I'd ask them to arrange a party. Because we all know Gay people do it better than anyone.

#amIright

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

I would be pleased they felt ok to tell me, I would listen to how they wanted to deal with coming out to others... Reassurance it changes nothing.

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Just download Gay Bar - Electric Six

By *hole Lotta RosieWoman
over a year ago

Deviant City

My brother came out as gay 4 years ago. Had a lot of respect for him for doing so.

Dad was a bit miffed, but got over it and we have all just had a good Xmas together

over a year ago

Going through this the last few months I have experienced feelings of loss and heartache, pride and protection.

Being Gay isn't an illness and nothing has changed about that person apart from the fact hes more relaxed, content and in a happy place.

over a year ago

"what you think or say if a member of your family was gay(sorry what the word)"

Same as I would think if they were straight, bi, transgender etc etc etc... They are a member of my family - end of.

Seems you might have a problem with it though.....

over a year ago

wouldnt bother me........

By *oulou45Woman
over a year ago

Bucks

Why should it make any difference? If it was any of my brothers or sister I would love them as much as I do now.

over a year ago

Dont think I would say anything in particular, other than acknowledging the fact that he/she is gay. Hardly an issue these days.

Excellent gay bars in Leeds by the way

over a year ago

as long as they didnt befriend louis spence they'd have my full support

over a year ago

"what you think or say if a member of your family was gay(sorry what the word)"

I would say the same things I always say to that person. It wouldn't change anything.

What would you say OP?

over a year ago

"Dont think I would say anything in particular, other than acknowledging the fact that he/she is gay. Hardly an issue these days.

Excellent gay bars in Leeds by the way "

Good point! I'd ask them to go clubbing with me!!

By *innamon!Woman
over a year ago

no matter

My son came out 16 years ago this Xmas. Sad to say I handled it extremely badly. .. I was a disgrace.

Thank goodness I no longer have the _iews I did have and we have the best relationship ever . My lovely boy .

Now I would be kind and offer the support people need offer hugs and say lets party .!

over a year ago

I wouldn't know unless it happened, it must be difficult for all concerned though

over a year ago

Nothing my brothers gay but he's no different to what he was before still my brother

over a year ago

My siblings sexual preferences would not bother me, it is their lives and they live it the way they choose.

over a year ago

My brother came out as being gay to my mum and her partner just over a year ago.. but i'm not entirely convinced thats what he is. He's never had a girlfiend and never had a boyfriend. He's said to me that he knows he certainly doesn't fancy women, but he doesnt have sexual urges towards men either.

Is it possible not to be attracted to either sex or am i being daft?

over a year ago

When i was 16 and learning my dad was Bi sexual was a weird one though.. not quite sure why i have no issue with it now though just at the time i perhaps was un educated

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"Is it possible not to be attracted to either sex or am i being daft?"

Yep, they call themselves asexual. My sister seems to be one as she hasn't had any sort of relationship for over 10 years.

over a year ago

Why should it matter what anyones preferences are sexually?

Each to their own & wish them all the best in life.

over a year ago

"Is it possible not to be attracted to either sex or am i being daft?

Yep, they call themselves asexual. My sister seems to be one as she hasn't had any sort of relationship for over 10 years."

Ah thank you. Despite it being non of my business i just look at him and feel that he is feeling lost and confused. Still he burys his head in his computing degree and loves it. He's both male and female friends so isn't alone

over a year ago

"I would be pleased they felt ok to tell me, I would listen to how they wanted to deal with coming out to others... Reassurance it changes nothing.

"

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"Is it possible not to be attracted to either sex or am i being daft?

Yep, they call themselves asexual. My sister seems to be one as she hasn't had any sort of relationship for over 10 years.

Ah thank you. Despite it being non of my business i just look at him and feel that he is feeling lost and confused. Still he burys his head in his computing degree and loves it. He's both male and female friends so isn't alone"

Asexuals tend to cultivate very strong friendships and have no need for sex. Perhaps I got my sisters sex drive as I am totally the opposite.

I am sure your brother is fine and knows to come to you if he is unhappy.

over a year ago

Wouldn't be an issue in the slightest and in this day and age fail to see how or why it could be.

over a year ago

"Wouldn't be an issue in the slightest and in this day and age fail to see how or why it could be."

Our main issue is the ignorance of other children/adults and how he is being treated at school. Being younger and to have come out when he did has caused a few reactions to say the least.

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

Completely irrelevant these days, I think. I would not even give it a second thought if someone close to me came out.

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

"Wouldn't be an issue in the slightest and in this day and age fail to see how or why it could be.

Our main issue is the ignorance of other children/adults and how he is being treated at school. Being younger and to have come out when he did has caused a few reactions to say the least. "

it is still a cruel world at times for gay people, christ you only have to read some stuff on here..

all you can do is support, support and support and encourage him to share any grief he may get.

all the very best to you and your son xx

over a year ago

O’er….. I probably raise mt left-eybrow and say something like "are you sure? because those low-rise boot-cut jeans your wearing, are so last season!"

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

I have a cousin who is gay, everyone just took it in their stride. My great aunt was 90 when she found out and never thought twice about it, he and his partner regularly visited her till she died aged 96. Very clued up for someone who was brought up in a completely different generation.

I would be more pleased that they felt they could talk about the issue.

It would hurt me knowing that someone i loved didnt feel as though they could talk to me about it

over a year ago

i would say thats ok. i wouldnt think anything much i like gay men anyway.

over a year ago

"My brother came out as being gay to my mum and her partner just over a year ago.. but i'm not entirely convinced thats what he is. He's never had a girlfiend and never had a boyfriend. He's said to me that he knows he certainly doesn't fancy women, but he doesnt have sexual urges towards men either.

Is it possible not to be attracted to either sex or am i being daft?"

Sounds more like he is Asexual - in other words, ambivalent towards the whole notion of sexuality.

over a year ago

a mate of mine i had known for about 10 years and i never thought he was gay until he broken down and told me that his boyfriend had dumped him.

i wasnt shocked i just put my arms around him and gave him and firm man hug.

since then ive been a good ear for him and still meet up for a drink.

doesnt matter to me still the same guy i always knew.

over a year ago

"Completely irrelevant these days, I think."

With you there - it's just your sexual preference - doesn't change who you are.

By *i 1 Get 1 FreeCouple (MM)
over a year ago

birmingham

Life's not a rehearsal, whoever one chooses to love, that choice should be respected.

It's the bigots / uneducated that have an issue

Post new Message to Thread