Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Menopause and swinging.

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Have any ladies/couples found it has impacted on your swinging lifestyle. Both negative and positive?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *rtyIanMan
over a year ago

Gateway to the Beacons

Male menopause has for me

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Yes, my sex drive died completely, for about a year.

over a year ago

Yes definitely without a doubt, the only thing I suffer from is unpredictability on the monthly lady curse , plays havoc with planning

over a year ago

"Male menopause has for me "

There’s always one

over a year ago

"Yes definitely without a doubt, the only thing I suffer from is unpredictability on the monthly lady curse , plays havoc with planning "

Completely this. When i was single I nearly had to give up due to being unpredictable.

By *rtyIanMan
over a year ago

Gateway to the Beacons

"Male menopause has for me

There’s always one "

Meaning

Look on the NHS website

over a year ago

"Male menopause has for me

There’s always one

Meaning

Look on the NHS website "

Meaning the OP asked for experiences of women. They are more likely to inform as to how others have been affected.

over a year ago

My sex drive is fairly high, my periods are all over the shop! Currently waiting on blood tests back as I think I'm starting peri... I plan on pushing for HRT if I am

over a year ago

"My sex drive is fairly high, my periods are all over the shop! Currently waiting on blood tests back as I think I'm starting peri... I plan on pushing for HRT if I am "

It's definitely made a difference with myself. I suffered more in the peri than now. Period's are still very unpredictable but mood swings and tiredness has leveled out .

By *ornycougaWoman
over a year ago

Wherever I lay my hat

I am very fortunate in that my sex drive went into overdrive post menopause (but full disclosure it also coincided with becoming single after a long and largely sex less relationship which undoubtedly helped!). Never go anywhere without lube tho as I can sometimes go from being wetter than an otters pocket to the Atacama in the blink of an eye - irrespective of how turned on I am. Other than that and bloody'brain fog' I have had no other issues.

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

I am In full menopause now. Luckily carefully researched supplements and the coil have abated most of my symptoms and I can avoid hrt. My main symptom that affected my playtime was disinterest in sexual penetration as it became uncomfortable. But my fwb's are very loving and understanding so we worked through it with lots and lots of lube

over a year ago

"I am In full menopause now. Luckily carefully researched supplements and the coil have abated most of my symptoms and I can avoid hrt. My main symptom that affected my playtime was disinterest in sexual penetration as it became uncomfortable. But my fwb's are very loving and understanding so we worked through it with lots and lots of lube "

Is that the Mirena? I have a copper one at the minute

By *ong-leggedblondWoman
over a year ago

Next Door

Yes menopause has had a huge effort on my life including my fab life. It started over 3yr ago.

At the beginning it turned me onto a horrid person, I lost my sex drive completely, very moody, tearful, weigh gain.

It's only been the past 6mths that I've actually felt so much better and the past month my sex drive is back with a vengeance

Have been on hrt for a year, its taken a while to get the right combination etc. I also in the past few yrs, doing lots of self healing and I'm now a nice person than I was before menopause.

over a year ago

"I am very fortunate in that my sex drive went into overdrive post menopause (but full disclosure it also coincided with becoming single after a long and largely sex less relationship which undoubtedly helped!). Never go anywhere without lube tho as I can sometimes go from being wetter than an otters pocket to the Atacama in the blink of an eye - irrespective of how turned on I am. Other than that and bloody'brain fog' I have had no other issues. "

Sorry . All i took from that was " otter's pocket" fabulous

over a year ago

"I am In full menopause now. Luckily carefully researched supplements and the coil have abated most of my symptoms and I can avoid hrt. My main symptom that affected my playtime was disinterest in sexual penetration as it became uncomfortable. But my fwb's are very loving and understanding so we worked through it with lots and lots of lube "

What supplements do you take and what symptoms do they help?

(feel free to message if you if prefer not to do in the forum x)

over a year ago

I did hit the menopause until I turned 58

And apart from a few hot flushes every now and again and a crap memory it's had no effect for me

over a year ago

Didn't

over a year ago

"Have any ladies/couples found it has impacted on your swinging lifestyle. Both negative and positive?"

It does for me

I’ve got no drive, don’t feel sexy and really can’t be arsed as my mojo is back and forth

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

I don't think I'm quite there yet, at 46, but definitely keeping an eye on things and tracking my cycles. Still pretty regular.

I have fatigue and brain fog due to other issues, so not sure how much different that will be.

I do get the occasional hot flush, the most recent one was actually quite painful, and my period pains have been worse in the last 6 months or so.

My interest in sex fluctuates at the best of times.

over a year ago

"Have any ladies/couples found it has impacted on your swinging lifestyle. Both negative and positive?"

im 50 and not peri yet periods are still reg but need for lube is crazy so dry at times so got cream from docs considering reg contraception have tried copper coil but was a nightmare and the mini pill not good

over a year ago

Thank you all for the replies. Certain Menopause

sites seem to shade over the effect on a women's ( and partners sex life ) though more research is now being done it is a struggle dealing with both body and mind sometimes becoming alien to you whilst wanting to lead a healthy and fun sex life.

I shall continue to lug around my aldi's organic olive oil

By *alandNitaCouple
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

I'm not yet 50 but am very much menopausal. The worst period was during Covid, so didn't really impact our swinging just my aleep and brain.

HRT is brilliant stuff, made me feel human again.

Nita

over a year ago

Interesting read

over a year ago

"Have any ladies/couples found it has impacted on your swinging lifestyle. Both negative and positive?

It does for me

I’ve got no drive, don’t feel sexy and really can’t be arsed as my mojo is back and forth "

I think I've been peri for the last 10 years, I'm on hrt about 9 months and thankfully some of the symptoms are gone but my sex drive is non existent, don't feel sexl at all and the thought of getting naked for a guy makes me want to run for the hills. I've stopped meeting as I just can't put myself through anymore let downs on here.

Its shite

By *hantasmagoriaWoman
over a year ago

Newport

I went off sex best part of a year, would bleed with sex, became really fed up but, touch wood sex drive is back with a vengeance and sex is great although.... Fragile handle with care, just in case!

By *inkerbell67Woman
over a year ago

Clacton on sea essex

My periods stopped all of a sudden 5 years ago ,I have a hot flush every now and then but sex drive is crap..

By *hantasmagoriaWoman
over a year ago

Newport

I also take the perimenopause suppliments from H&B, my lifesaver!!

over a year ago

I agree with what you said about your body feeling alien. I think I have been in peri for a few years and have had all sorts of difficult symptoms all that hasnt make me feel myself or trust my body at all. I have had zero sex drive but thats no surprise since just getting up every day and keeping going takes all my bodies reserves. I didnt have periods for almost 9 mths but put that down to being underweight and anaemic. Have just started having periods again now I have some weight on that are so heavy so expecting to be anaemic all over again. But that seems to have stopped the other shitty peri symptoms. But all in all I think I shall go to the doc and ask for some meds as I am fed up not being myself and would like to feel sexy and healthy and springy again.

By *om and JennieCouple
over a year ago

Chams or Socials

I was put in a medical menopause prior to having everything whipped out 4 years ago. Luckily T is very understanding & patient as my drive is now very low. When we do have sex it’s fantastic although I feel really dry he says I’m not but lube is always at hand. I find it really frustrating….

over a year ago

"I agree with what you said about your body feeling alien. I think I have been in peri for a few years and have had all sorts of difficult symptoms all that hasnt make me feel myself or trust my body at all. I have had zero sex drive but thats no surprise since just getting up every day and keeping going takes all my bodies reserves. I didnt have periods for almost 9 mths but put that down to being underweight and anaemic. Have just started having periods again now I have some weight on that are so heavy so expecting to be anaemic all over again. But that seems to have stopped the other shitty peri symptoms. But all in all I think I shall go to the doc and ask for some meds as I am fed up not being myself and would like to feel sexy and healthy and springy again. "

I would. I suppose ( stupidly) tried to battle it with herbal supplements , exercise and healthy eating for 2 year's. I wish I'd gone to the doctor's before that.

Most weeks it would be " what fresh hell is this" some i could handle but some like the restless legs and pain in arms and legs were sometimes debilitating. HRT has kind of turned the tap down to just drips of symptoms. But I feel more like me.

Good luck x

By *B69Woman
over a year ago

Wiltshire

Have been peri for a couple of years now, brain fog and flushes I can deal with, it’s the sporadic red friend that ruins all my plans as sex drive is still as it ever was

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

South

Not sure if mine is peri menopause related or just a sign of the times, but I don’t want to date, I don’t want casual sex, I don’t want the intrusion a relationship brings, casual or otherwise. Just can’t be bothered with it all. But whatever, it’s fine. It might be a temporary thing or it may last forever, but either way I’m good with it.

By *ersuasion22Couple
over a year ago

Herts

I'm in peri-menopause. As others have mentioned my periods can be unpredictable, which is a pain, but my sex drive has gone through the roof! It's one of the reasons we started swinging

By *0coupleCouple
over a year ago

Cornwall

I'm in peri, I don't really feel sexy and my sex drive has dropped off and periods are all over the place. No hot flushes etc yet so that's one good thing. Taking herbal tablets, not sure if doing much good but thought I'd give them a go.

By *uxom redCouple
over a year ago

Shrewsbury

I'm in full menopause and no libido at all, feel like crap, put weight on. Not comfortable with myself so no confidence.

over a year ago

"I'm in full menopause and no libido at all, feel like crap, put weight on. Not comfortable with myself so no confidence. "

My wife is exactly the same. Been in menaphause for over two years and still struggles with it

By *0coupleCouple
over a year ago

Cornwall

So how do you guys cope?

Is it just a waiting game and patience.

M is still a very hot and sexy lady. I find her more attractive everyday. I just want to support and be there for her.

What else should I be doing?

By *inAndTonic21Couple
over a year ago

Merseyside

"Yes definitely without a doubt, the only thing I suffer from is unpredictability on the monthly lady curse , plays havoc with planning "

That’s my only issue peri menopause wise xx

over a year ago

"I'm in peri, I don't really feel sexy and my sex drive has dropped off and periods are all over the place. No hot flushes etc yet so that's one good thing. Taking herbal tablets, not sure if doing much good but thought I'd give them a go."

I'm the same, peri & symptoms went into full swing around 5 years ago inc hot flushes. I went full hrt (patches, progesterone) took a while to get correct dosage but so, so worth it

Post new Message to Thread