Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Lone policeman

Jump to newest

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

The Headmistress of a school near Wimbledon which is home to English tennis has warned pupils not to engage with lone policemen.

Tom agrees.

The chief of police started splitting the buggers up to save money. The policemen should patrol in two's.

Lots of rogue police out there. Do not let these buggers work alone.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ove2pleaseseukMan
over a year ago

Hastings

Agree totally but what happens when you get two bad apples together.

Or an older officer teaching the new officer all the bad ways.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

First poster

over a year ago

"First poster "

Ffs second poster

By *ove2pleaseseukMan
over a year ago

Hastings

Body cams should be turned on and should stay on all day. At the moment they can turn them on and off.

By *ove2pleaseseukMan
over a year ago

Hastings

"First poster

Ffs second poster "

To slow ??

over a year ago

"First poster

Ffs second poster

To slow ?? "

The story of my brain

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

"The Headmistress of a school near Wimbledon which is home to English tennis has warned pupils not to engage with lone policemen.

Tom agrees.

The chief of police started splitting the buggers up to save money. The policemen should patrol in two's.

Lots of rogue police out there. Do not let these buggers work alone."

at night sheeeeesh they'll be scared

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Rotation of the policeman. Working with different people and being rotivated.

By *ts the taking part thatMan
over a year ago

southampton

"The Headmistress of a school near Wimbledon which is home to English tennis has warned pupils not to engage with lone policemen.

Tom agrees.

Well the Head & those in agreement are wrong to give that advice, there are 164,000 Police in this country and if you need one go to them as the odds of a 'bad apple' are tiny and likely the issue you need help with will be your primary concern.

Head teacher got her 15 minutes.

over a year ago

"Rotation of the policeman. Working with different people and being rotivated.

"

You’ve got that right! Rotivate the lot of them

over a year ago

I certainly wouldn't like to be a police officer out on my own the way society is, I think there's more risk to them to be honest.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

When we fund our public services approximately, we could have sufficient resources to support the general public. Instead, we get to struggle along, with little that functions well for the majority, whilst out of touch millionaires in charge are clueless and don't care. It's likely that it's safer to get help from 1 cop, than none.

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

"

rotivated like a field

over a year ago

"I certainly wouldn't like to be a police officer out on my own the way society is, I think there's more risk to them to be honest. "

Very true, especially in parts of London.

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Tom agrees.

Well the Head & those in agreement are wrong to give that advice, there are 164,000 Police in this country and if you need one go to them as the odds of a 'bad apple' are tiny and likely the issue you need help with will be your primary concern.

Head teacher got her 15 minutes."

Tom agrees

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Protestors dumped a thousand apples outside Scotland Yard to represent the rotten apples on the police barrel. In the middle of a good crisis?

They would have made good cider.

They could have named it after the police...

Peelers Cider ?

What would you call police cider

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

I'm not a fan of people who impose their will on you, its ok if its done with a reason but in most cases theyre just topping up the coffers using the law to do it, theirs bad in everything but their are a lot of bad apples in the police force

over a year ago

You’ve got that right! Rotivate the lot of them "

over a year ago

Who would be a cop these days? Pay is nothing special. Increasingly unpopular with the public you are trying to help?..and because most right thinking people won't, only those that might abuse the position are left to recruit from..

over a year ago

"Who would be a cop these days? Pay is nothing special. Increasingly unpopular with the public you are trying to help?..and because most right thinking people won't, only those that might abuse the position are left to recruit from.."

Really !

over a year ago

I feel for all the good coppers out there, of which I'm sure there are thousands.

I know my first port of call if ever I'm need of assistance.

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

"Who would be a cop these days? Pay is nothing special. Increasingly unpopular with the public you are trying to help?..and because most right thinking people won't, only those that might abuse the position are left to recruit from.."

Who would want to be any front line staff tbf. Joe public are horrific to people trying to help them

over a year ago

"I feel for all the good coppers out there, of which I'm sure there are thousands.

"

This.

The Police have always been there when I have needed them and always acted professionally and with kindness.

Underfunded, undervalued and underpaid. It's disgusting

By *renchy19Man
over a year ago

Heathrow

where was the calls for not visiting your GP or hospital in the wake of Harold Shipman or Beverly Allitt. Or not getting in a taxi after John Warboys? Most cops are good people who do a good job in impossible circumstances for very average pay. Not to mention having a teacher spout this crap is a bit rich bearing in mind the amount of convicted child abusers from her own profession!

over a year ago

"where was the calls for not visiting your GP or hospital in the wake of Harold Shipman or Beverly Allitt. Or not getting in a taxi after John Warboys? Most cops are good people who do a good job in impossible circumstances for very average pay. Not to mention having a teacher spout this crap is a bit rich bearing in mind the amount of convicted child abusers from her own profession!"

800 out of 11000 being investigated. That’s a very large percentage of “good people”. Add the racism and homophobia within the police force on top of that and that percentage is looking a lot higher.

There’s no doubt there is good people in the police force but how are we supposed to trust them when the numbers suggest we shouldn’t.

over a year ago

"I feel for all the good coppers out there, of which I'm sure there are thousands.

"

I'm sure you're right, but can you imagine how disheartening all this shit is? No-one is interested in the thousands of positive interactions people have with the police every day. Instead, their opinions are coloured by what is in the media. Advice to children inadvertently separated from their parents used to be to try and find a policeman!

Following all this news around the Met, every police force in the country is now going to re-vet all of their officers, and then their civilian staff. The fall-out will be interesting to say the least. It's not like they have anything else to do....

over a year ago

There was a report yesterday that Surrey police received more complaints last year than there are officers! I realise some will be greedy and are doubling up or more but that is shocking

over a year ago

I'm sure you're right, but can you imagine how disheartening all this shit is? No-one is interested in the thousands of positive interactions people have with the police every day. Instead, their opinions are coloured by what is in the media. Advice to children inadvertently separated from their parents used to be to try and find a policeman!

Following all this news around the Met, every police force in the country is now going to re-vet all of their officers, and then their civilian staff. The fall-out will be interesting to say the least. It's not like they have anything else to do...."

Perhaps the NHS , Education authority etc should do the same , see what the media come out with that one

By *iss KinkWoman
over a year ago

North/Blackpool

This.

The Police have always been there when I have needed them and always acted professionally and with kindness.

Underfunded, undervalued and underpaid. It's disgusting

"

Totally agree

By *itonthesideWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

Tom agrees.

Head teacher got her 15 minutes."

I disagree in your odds point. Odds across all of society sure, but certain careers can be more prone to attracting certain people. Chances are there are higher odds of finding people that like to abuse their power in a role that actually gives you some authority

However as someone else said its not a safe situation for police to be on their own either as their position also makes them a target .. works both ways

By *iss KinkWoman
over a year ago

North/Blackpool

Tom agrees.

I disagree in your odds point. Odds across all of society sure, but certain careers can be more prone to attracting certain people. Chances are there are higher odds of finding people that like to abuse their power in a role that actually gives you some authority

However as someone else said its not a safe situation for police to be on their own either as their position also makes them a target .. works both ways "

There isn’t enough police to be doubled up all the time unf

By *itonthesideWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

"where was the calls for not visiting your GP or hospital in the wake of Harold Shipman or Beverly Allitt. Or not getting in a taxi after John Warboys? Most cops are good people who do a good job in impossible circumstances for very average pay. Not to mention having a teacher spout this crap is a bit rich bearing in mind the amount of convicted child abusers from her own profession!

800 out of 11000 being investigated. That’s a very large percentage of “good people”. Add the racism and homophobia within the police force on top of that and that percentage is looking a lot higher.

There’s no doubt there is good people in the police force but how are we supposed to trust them when the numbers suggest we shouldn’t."

There is also the “close ranks and cover up nature” in the police force that doesn’t really apply to the other scenarios.

over a year ago

If anyone thinks we have issues with bad cops in this country. I suggest you watch Mumbai Mafia: Police v Underworld on Netflix.

Its Dirty Harry on steroids but its a documentary.

By *itonthesideWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

"If anyone thinks we have issues with bad cops in this country. I suggest you watch Mumbai Mafia: Police v Underworld on Netflix.

Its Dirty Harry on steroids but its a documentary. "

Because we aren’t the worst doesn’t mean we shouldn’t acknowledge existence of a problem

over a year ago

You’ve got that right! Rotivate the lot of them "

By *ts the taking part thatMan
over a year ago

southampton

Tom agrees.

However as someone else said its not a safe situation for police to be on their own either as their position also makes them a target .. works both ways "

You make no sense at all, 164,000 Copoers & very few are rogue so my point stands.

By *itonthesideWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

Tom agrees.

However as someone else said its not a safe situation for police to be on their own either as their position also makes them a target .. works both ways

You make no sense at all, 164,000 Copoers & very few are rogue so my point stands."

How do you know its very few , and since when was very few a quantifiable number

I refer you to geordie jeans post above that shows 800 of 11000 being investigated

800 doesn’t feel like very few to me … and thats just those we know of

over a year ago

I should hate to be a lone policeman walking into a rough situation. Takes some balls having no immediate back up.

By *itonthesideWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

"I should hate to be a lone policeman walking into a rough situation. Takes some balls having no immediate back up. "

Agreed and situations like this don’t help them either because it erodes general trust and respect for the full force

I’m pretty sure the honest members of the force are just as pissed off at this as the general public

over a year ago

"I should hate to be a lone policeman walking into a rough situation. Takes some balls having no immediate back up.

Agreed and situations like this don’t help them either because it erodes general trust and respect for the full force

I’m pretty sure the honest members of the force are just as pissed off at this as the general public "

More so I would imagine

over a year ago

You just have to be strong enough to understand that these ‘offers’ will be there. I was a prison officer for 36 years and can honestly say I never succumbed sexually in anyway whatsoever to any prisoner. I guess it can be difficult, but I managed and if I can manage you can. There is help but you need to ask for it.

over a year ago

The Met management know precisely the bad apples. There are 800 of them that are known.

It’s a good start to sack them.

Let’s not be fooled Dave the bastard was the moniker of the most recent cop serial rapist.

over a year ago

"If anyone thinks we have issues with bad cops in this country. I suggest you watch Mumbai Mafia: Police v Underworld on Netflix.

Because we aren’t the worst doesn’t mean we shouldn’t acknowledge existence of a problem"

We are far from being the worst, I would trust the police here far more than I would in most countries.

I am also saying this despite having encountered 2 racist policemen in my youth.

over a year ago

Its Dirty Harry on steroids but its a documentary. "

Comparing British cops to Indian cops is irrelevant.

Unless you saying the Met is hiring Indian cops from India .

over a year ago

Following all this news around the Met, every police force in the country is now going to re-vet all of their officers, and then their civilian staff. The fall-out will be interesting to say the least. It's not like they have anything else to do....

Perhaps the NHS , Education authority etc should do the same , see what the media come out with that one "

Of course. Any public sector body is easier to scrutinise as a group. They also have the mechanisms in place to do so. This is not so for the general population so figures will always be skewed to show higher percentages within them.

By *itonthesideWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

"

Of course. Any public sector body is easier to scrutinise as a group. They also have the mechanisms in place to do so. This is not so for the general population so figures will always be skewed to show higher percentages within them."

You don’t always need percentages to measure something. If i spill a cup of boiled water on my arm i don’t care that it was only 10% of the kettle … there was still enough to do damage

800 in the met alone is more than enough to do damage. I don’t need to consider percentages. The number on its own is enough to be terrifying.

over a year ago

Tom agrees.

Safe or unsafe, lots of UK Police are used to patrolling alone, and just hope backup isn't too far away..

over a year ago

Unless you saying the Met is hiring Indian cops from India . "

No they are not, but I believe that an Indian call centre is dealing with 999 calls

over a year ago

Nothing to do with Indian cops, or from any other country, but the Met was one of the first UK forces, if not the first to noticeably lower it's entry requirements, because it couldn't maintain numbers.

over a year ago

Unless you saying the Met is hiring Indian cops from India .

No they are not, but I believe that an Indian call centre is dealing with 999 calls "

What are they trying to sell ?

over a year ago

Tom agrees.

over a year ago

Tom agrees.

What about dodgy/ murderous School caretakers

What about the many teachers that have sexual relations and groom children.. there’s far more of those

I think we all had the dodgy male PE teachers prowling the showers.. we did

The male PE teachers smarting around the young girls

I’ve seen all that first hand

Then there’s the ones who used to cane and slipper kids on a whim

Paedo’s get themselves into school jobs

over a year ago

Tom agrees.

What about the many teachers that have sexual relations and groom children.. there’s far more of those

"

Don’t ya just love the media scum

over a year ago

Tom agrees.

"

Not to mention suspicious baby deaths being covered up by the NHS trusts. There is corruption and bad apples in all institutions not just Police but again the Police are an easy target

over a year ago

There are many many "wrong uns" in society. Some are very cunning and manipulative.

Many will pursue a career that gives them access to their perversion

For example a paedophile may get a job as a teacher, or ice cream vendor.

What we cannot do is assume however that everyone in that chosen profession is a "wrong un"

However with the police there a couple of things that can be done to put the public at ease.

1. Every cop on duty is made to have their bodycam on at all times

2. All cops are made to work in twos and the pair is never always the same

By *itonthesideWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

"

Not to mention suspicious baby deaths being covered up by the NHS trusts. There is corruption and bad apples in all institutions not just Police but again the Police are an easy target"

I must have missed the rule that we won’t be allowed to tackle anything else now that investigations into police are happening

Surely we should be aiming to rid all of our institutions of corruption and abuse of power, and celebrating that finally we have started somewhere

Seems like some would rather turn a blind eye to it all because its not all happening at the same time

over a year ago

"There are many many "wrong uns" in society. Some are very cunning and manipulative.

What we cannot do is assume however that everyone in that chosen profession is a "wrong un"

However with the police there a couple of things that can be done to put the public at ease.

"

1. Why do you want a video recording of a cop taking a shit?

2. Fine, double the policing budget then.

By *iltsTSgirlTV/TS
over a year ago

chichester

"I certainly wouldn't like to be a police officer out on my own the way society is, I think there's more risk to them to be honest. "

This 200%

over a year ago

Don't give Rishi any more ideas. He might go for this one to save money

over a year ago

Australia is offering very good relocation packages and free housing for UK cops to transfer out there.

over a year ago

"There are many many "wrong uns" in society. Some are very cunning and manipulative.

"

That means doubling the amount of officers or halving the capacity that exhists

By *usie pTV/TS
over a year ago

taunton

Kin hell Tom we don't all want to be gang banged by cops in groups.

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"Australia is offering very good relocation packages and free housing for UK cops to transfer out there."

Why don't the UK offer similar incentives for trained officers overseas to come here. Canada would be ideal and the Mounties always get there man and would be particular suited to policing the north which is well known for being cold and very hilly

over a year ago

"Australia is offering very good relocation packages and free housing for UK cops to transfer out there.

Why don't the UK offer similar incentives for trained officers overseas to come here. Canada would be ideal and the Mounties always get there man and would be particular suited to policing the north which is well known for being cold and very hilly"

Because UK cops are regarded as being amongst the best trained in the World already, apart from maybe the Met.....Besides, not many want to work in the UK..

Post new Message to Thread