Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Do you have a log burner ?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

We had one fitted, can't use it for a few days but i'm really looking forward to sitting around gazing at it and enjoying the warmth

We will get a fan to spread the heat around the room.

Any hints on how to get the best out of it ?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ucks Couple UKCouple
over a year ago

Bucks

We have an open fire in the kitchen/family room and plan to put a log burner in the sitting room ( longe/front room for those of you in different regions )

I imagine putting wood and and setting it on fire will help but that’s all I have, it’s not my department.

C

By *arko2020Man
over a year ago

Sale

Congrats! I had one fitted just over a year ago and I absolutely love it! You just can't beat a log burner in a cold winter's evening

Make sure you always burn well seasoned wood and my chimney sweep told me never to burn smokeless fuel and wood at the same time...either one or the other (otherwise can cause corrosion of the chimney flue).

Get your chimney swept once a year (ooh err ), ideally in spring so it's not sat with soot in it all over summer.

Enjoy...!!

over a year ago

"Congrats! I had one fitted just over a year ago and I absolutely love it! You just can't beat a log burner in a cold winter's evening

Make sure you always burn well seasoned wood and my chimney sweep told me never to burn smokeless fuel and wood at the same time...either one or the other (otherwise can cause corrosion of the chimney flue).

Get your chimney swept once a year (ooh err ), ideally in spring so it's not sat with soot in it all over summer.

Enjoy...!!"

Thank you, good info.

So excited to start using it.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"We had one fitted, can't use it for a few days but i'm really looking forward to sitting around gazing at it and enjoying the warmth

Any hints on how to get the best out of it ?"

You wont need the fan unless a massive area.

The heat and it being in a specific area is very reminiscent of the old gas fire scenario before days of mass central heating. Quite nostalgic.

I love ours, at my last place I also installed one. That was open-plan so got a fan, buy a really good one although it will cost more - but does help dissipate the heat evenly into larger spaces.

over a year ago

"We had one fitted, can't use it for a few days but i'm really looking forward to sitting around gazing at it and enjoying the warmth

You wont need the fan unless a massive area.

The heat and it being in a specific area is very reminiscent of the old gas fire scenario before days of mass central heating. Quite nostalgic.

I love ours, at my last place I also installed one. That was open-plan so got a fan, buy a really good one although it will cost more - but does help dissipate the heat evenly into larger spaces.

"

Thank you, good info, it's a big room we are heating and want to push some heat outside of the sofa area.

We bought one that's rated as very good

over a year ago

As Karko says above never use coal and wood together. Creates sulphuric acid which will destroy your chimney/ flue. Sulphur from the coal,water from the wood adds up to H2SO4,sulphuric acid.

Other than that with a log burner they work much better if they are allowed to "roar" as in a roaring fire. People try to make them slow burning to make the wood last.Better to build up a bed of glowing embers quickly which provides more heat for longer. Keep adding logs for those flames you wish to stare into!

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

No its freezing in my house lol

By *host63Man
over a year ago

Bedfont Feltham

I have an open fire. It's a godsend the couple of times the boiler has gone once was when I was isolated. I diddnt have covid but my lodger tested positive. I had the boiler serviced before that and it then failed. A guy came to fix it and then within the hour it went again and British Gas failed to show up 7 times 10 days no heat and no hot water and we could only heat the house with the fire and one electric heater

By *iscean_dreamMan
over a year ago

Port talbot

Unless you have it in a big room you won't need a fan on it as they soon warm the room up, I can feel the heat from mine on the landing on other side of house to burner

over a year ago

"As Karko says above never use coal and wood together. Creates sulphuric acid which will destroy your chimney/ flue. Sulphur from the coal,water from the wood adds up to H2SO4,sulphuric acid.

Other than that with a log burner they work much better if they are allowed to "roar" as in a roaring fire. People try to make them slow burning to make the wood last.Better to build up a bed of glowing embers quickly which provides more heat for longer. Keep adding logs for those flames you wish to stare into!"

Thank you

By *r TriomanMan
over a year ago

Chippenham Malmesbury area

"Congrats! I had one fitted just over a year ago and I absolutely love it! You just can't beat a log burner in a cold winter's evening

Enjoy...!!"

I use a humidity checker on my seasoned wood; I'll only burn wood that's 15% humidity or below. This burns cleaner and hotter.

over a year ago

I have an open fire. It's a godsend the couple of times the boiler has gone once was when I was isolated. I diddnt have covid but my lodger tested positive. I had the boiler serviced before that and it then failed. A guy came to fix it and then within the hour it went again and British Gas failed to show up 7 times 10 days no heat and no hot water and we could only heat the house with the fire and one electric heater "

We have it to reduce our heating bill and also because we love them and have a huge and ongoing amount of logs

over a year ago

"Unless you have it in a big room you won't need a fan on it as they soon warm the room up, I can feel the heat from mine on the landing on other side of house to burner "

Excellent

over a year ago

Enjoy...!!

I use a humidity checker on my seasoned wood; I'll only burn wood that's 15% humidity or below. This burns cleaner and hotter."

Thank you

over a year ago

I have one and use it every night. I have a bit of woodland, so I use wood that blew down, and was logged 3 years ago. If you live in the country, ask a nearby farmer with woodland if you can the wood direct, it'll be cheaper, and if have room to store it better still.

over a year ago

"I have one and use it every night. I have a bit of woodland, so I use wood that blew down, and was logged 3 years ago. If you live in the country, ask a nearby farmer with woodland if you can the wood direct, it'll be cheaper, and if have room to store it better still. "

Brilliant, thank you

over a year ago

"As Karko says above never use coal and wood together. Creates sulphuric acid which will destroy your chimney/ flue. Sulphur from the coal,water from the wood adds up to H2SO4,sulphuric acid.

Other than that with a log burner they work much better if they are allowed to "roar" as in a roaring fire. People try to make them slow burning to make the wood last.Better to build up a bed of glowing embers quickly which provides more heat for longer. Keep adding logs for those flames you wish to stare into!

Thank you"

I probably should take note of some of these points

I've got 2 multi fuel burners (in separate rooms it's a big old house)

We get it going and put coal bricketts on it and a lump of wood on top of that

The wood burns and helps heat the coal up and its off like a rocket.

Throws the heat out

Often put coal and wood on together, sometimes offcuts from wherever I find them sometimes lobbed off a tree and bee sat drying

Also now and then we sprinkle sawdust over the glowing hot coals and that burns well but now I'm thinking maybe I shouldn't???

Been doing this now for around 10 yrs and not had any bother with the chimney linings?

I do get them swept every year if they got used (one room is cold at the minute as I can't be bothered heating it for nobody to be sat in there)

Hope you enjoy your burner we love ours and if we pass a fallen tree my wife starts shaking like a druggie as she loves getting her mini chainsaw out lol

over a year ago

Thank you

Throws the heat out

Often put coal and wood on together, sometimes offcuts from wherever I find them sometimes lobbed off a tree and bee sat drying

Also now and then we sprinkle sawdust over the glowing hot coals and that burns well but now I'm thinking maybe I shouldn't???

Been doing this now for around 10 yrs and not had any bother with the chimney linings?

I do get them swept every year if they got used (one room is cold at the minute as I can't be bothered heating it for nobody to be sat in there)

Hope you enjoy your burner we love ours and if we pass a fallen tree my wife starts shaking like a druggie as she loves getting her mini chainsaw out lol"

Thank you

Every wooden item i see i think "i could burn that lol

over a year ago

Thank you

Throws the heat out

Hope you enjoy your burner we love ours and if we pass a fallen tree my wife starts shaking like a druggie as she loves getting her mini chainsaw out lol"

The problem with the acid is it is insidious. Everything is ok,often for years,if not decades.Then come one Autumn your fire it up and find lining coming down,followed by bricks. Plus of course once the lining is compromised there is risk of fire.

Please,look it up,don't take my word for it.

By *ribsaMan
over a year ago

A box at end of your bed

Not anymore I sent it to the breakers yard a couple of years ago really miss that car.

over a year ago

No i'll believe your right

I bought the best liners I could when I had them fitted

Though didn't have liners to begin with as we just used the old chimney

There solid as build in 1846 not you crap build modern things

But now lined.

I'll keep getting it swept and checked every year and when it comes time for it I'll get them replaced

By *erry bull1Man
over a year ago

doncaster

I’ve had one 12 years , get your chimney swept yearly and only burn dry wood , mines a multi fuel so I can use coal too , keep a good air flow and it will heat most of the house , don’t be tempted to burn old pallets etc

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

One of sons just had one fitted Has a fan on top he loves it! He wants to buy me one but I said no ty as much as I like to watch it and he would get me endless supplies of logs! I can't have flames they scare me lol x

By *oanne ETV/TS
over a year ago

Near Warrington

Had one donkeys years, a multi fuel one. Gives out great heat, just get it swept every year. I tend to burn anything and everything, including my ex wife's dressing table, I enjoyed that lol and the dog loves it.

By *assy69Man
over a year ago

West Sussex and Wales

Enjoy...!!"

This!

Ours used to heat the whole house (an open plan 3 bed terrace). We liked it so much it has travelled with us to the new house in Wales and can’t wait to get it fitted into the fireplace. Open fire just now, but having now experienced both options, I still prefer the stove

Enjoy it

over a year ago

"I’ve had one 12 years , get your chimney swept yearly and only burn dry wood , mines a multi fuel so I can use coal too , keep a good air flow and it will heat most of the house , don’t be tempted to burn old pallets etc "

Why's that ? My neighbour burns mostly pallets.

over a year ago

"I’ve had one 12 years , get your chimney swept yearly and only burn dry wood , mines a multi fuel so I can use coal too , keep a good air flow and it will heat most of the house , don’t be tempted to burn old pallets etc

Why's that ? My neighbour burns mostly pallets."

Most pallets are chemically treated.Preservatives give off lots of toxins

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

Yes. I have a fan and it seems to work. I season my own wood from a couple of ash trees I have.

Ordered two tons of kiln dried as I didn’t have enough seasoned wood ready and it burns through that very efficiently leaving hardly any ash.

I sweep my own chimney/flue after watching some YouTube tutorials and buying the tools of Amazon.

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

"I’ve had one 12 years , get your chimney swept yearly and only burn dry wood , mines a multi fuel so I can use coal too , keep a good air flow and it will heat most of the house , don’t be tempted to burn old pallets etc

Creosote build up and gases.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman
over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

I wish I did. But just gas central heating here... and an electric fire x

over a year ago

I do have a log burner. Ì very often don't have logs though. Buy in bulk whenever you can, chasing round after the twiddly nets of damp wood that cost about 8 quid gets tiresome

It is lovely though to just sit and watch and listen to it on a night.

over a year ago

Anyone thinking of getting one should bear in mind that stoves are expensive and often requires extra building work to fit.Plus decent wood going forward will rocket in price.It already has last year but will be far higher as supplies dwindle.

By *iromancergirl1Woman
over a year ago

bolton

Yes I have one had it 4 years now best investment iv ever made I get most of my logs from a family member who has trees on there property and drys it out for me as the bags of logs and kindling can get pricy.

By *ittall2020Man
over a year ago

Norwich

A woodburner is great, they can be expensive to run and a bit messy, but most importantly of all make sure you have a decent hearth-rug for enjoying sessions in front of it. That is their best feature.

By *ig1gaz1Man
over a year ago

bradford

if a new stove expect a stinky smell for a few lights as you need to get the paint cured by the temp of the stove, be prepared to open windows as it stinks.

Its a learning curve with your stove so enjoy it.

Theres different ways to light the stove top down or down up play with it see which works best for you.

I prefer to light it underneath.

Becareful of your stove though make sure it dosnt smoke and you will need to check your chimney.

Practice its settings as the banking down on a standared stove causes them to smoke, you can get fined for it.

Secondary air stoves dont suffer this.

All stoves smoke at first lighting of them.

By *entlemanFoxMan
over a year ago

North East / London

OP,

There is a great book called 'Norwegian Wood' by Lars Mitting which covers everything you need to know.

* caution if you order it on line just be aware there is another book called Norwegian Wood which is a Japanese novel and not what you want.

over a year ago

"OP,

There is a great book called 'Norwegian Wood' by Lars Mitting which covers everything you need to know.

* caution if you order it on line just be aware there is another book called Norwegian Wood which is a Japanese novel and not what you want. "

There is a song Norwegian wood,absolutely no use at all when it comes to log burners

By *ig1gaz1Man
over a year ago

bradford

I have 3 wood stoves.

Each of them takes one cord of wood a winter.

2 is semi lit and the third is lit daily

I also get 3hrs worth of burn of one loading.

What I do get is a high heat output and can heat a very large room up

By *j1981Man
over a year ago

cork

Sure do have one... huge improvement over the open fire...

Layer of coal... log or 2 (depending on size) on top of coal... gives out great heat

By *ornucopiaMan
over a year ago

Bexley

Make the most of being able to burn wood, where it is still allowed, as all the signs are that the authorities either want to ban it or turn it into a nice little earner.

I'm already hearing things about having to have your installation signed off annually before you light it for the season.

Licensing next?

There is sometimes an aeroplane flying around at night equipped for monitoring air quality. With GPS accuracy and the right spectral cameras they can probably identify individual properties illegally burning anything (if that is the flight's purpose). I am trying to find their website about it which I saw last winter after being woken up by the plane involved.

over a year ago

I honestly thought this thread was going to be about your vagina

over a year ago

Why would anyone want to set fire to a big turd.????

over a year ago

Was in radio 2 this week

Use kind dried wood

Suppose to have chimney swept 4x a year with wood as resin builds up in chimney

Mines dual fuel

By *osie_and_LayanaCouple
over a year ago

durham

We’ve recently got one too - we’ve had some very sexy nights in front of it (see photos)

Make friends with a local builder and get them to keep off cuts for you. I know it’s softwood but great for getting the fire going before putting expensive wood on.

By *ig1gaz1Man
over a year ago

bradford

"We’ve recently got one too - we’ve had some very sexy nights in front of it (see photos)

Make friends with a local builder and get them to keep off cuts for you. I know it’s softwood but great for getting the fire going before putting expensive wood on."

Thats not entirely true

I built this within a brand new normal stove ( no secondary )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxVzT8nmCpw

all softwood building material

Ive had 3hrs from lighting the stove of fire, and 8hrs worth of heat in a 10m+ square room

It does work but anyone that does try it long term would need to use firebrick at the top plate.

By *idnight RamblerMan
over a year ago

Pershore

Dry wood is essential. I've burned hard and softwood with good results, although hardwood logs last longer and give off more heat. All log burners are different and the airflow controls need playing with to get the optimum burn for your needs. If you have glass doors, airflow will also influence how often you have to clean the glass. I use Mr Muscle oven clean which does a great job and doesn't scratch the glass.

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

"Dry wood is essential. I've burned hard and softwood with good results, although hardwood logs last longer and give off more heat. All log burners are different and the airflow controls need playing with to get the optimum burn for your needs. If you have glass doors, airflow will also influence how often you have to clean the glass. I use Mr Muscle oven clean which does a great job and doesn't scratch the glass. "

Newspaper tiny bit of water on it. Rub it in some fine ash and then clean the glass works a treat.

By *ack688Man
over a year ago

abruzzo Italy (and UK)

I’ve had one in the past and really like them, you shouldn’t need a fan. Try and get in the habit of Geri g it set up morning so when our come in you can just light it. Also, if you live anywhere near pine forests, then pine cones are great additional firelighters once they are dried out. Go collect bags of them and keep them somewhere dry

over a year ago

I flush mine away like normal people

By *ove2pleaseseukMan
over a year ago

Hastings

Some pallets contain chemicals that are poisonous when burning it.

1. Have you informed you insurance companies. House and contents.

2. As others have said get the flue swept every year and get a certificate from a HEATAS regenesrerd company.

3. Good fule means good heat.

Easy

I have an 11kw Stockton

Is yours a multi fule with a rased grate?

By *ohn8210tCouple
over a year ago

Warwick

We have an open fire in the living room, it’s fairly useless once it’s gone out as it’s like having an open window , the draught it sucks up.

We have a 20kw wood burner in the dining room , the centre of the house which is brilliant. A lot of heat goes up the stairs into 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. It’s excellent. It heats up the whole chimney stack and the bricks are so warm the next day too, acting like a big battery the heat it stores.

The three most important things to remember are as follows.

1. Dry wood.

2. Dry wood, and

3. Dry wood!

Everything will be fine then.

over a year ago

There are a huge number of ash trees with ash dieback disease. Very soon there will be a lot of cheap wood on the market. I'd suggest building a wood store in readiness

By *uby StarCouple
over a year ago

Durham

We have 2 log burners. They are absolutely fantastic at heating the whole house, and it's a big old cold house, but it's always toasty when we have the burners on. We use coal and logs but no need to use a fan as they throw out a phenomenal amount of heat.

Put a good layer of coal in when you go to bed, shut it down and it'll still be going in the morning.

By *aspsMan
over a year ago

dundee

How much does it cost to get a lot burner fitted my chimney is boarded up but thinking about opening it and getting log burner

By *LIVEANDKICKING100Man
over a year ago

DUBLIN

Yes. It also burns turf from Connemeara. But don't tell Eamon Ryan

over a year ago

I do on the boat. It's lovely and cosy.

By *LIVEANDKICKING100Man
over a year ago

DUBLIN

Clean the glass with damp newspaper dipped in the Ash

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

Thank you

Throws the heat out

I’ve always done that too although don’t burn much coal at all 1 bag every 2-3 years - never had chimney swept was told no need if burning well dried wood

over a year ago

Best thing for a wood burner is to get a motorhome around it

I just love that … I learned a few tricks along the way :

1- orange skin over the burner gives a fragrance to the room . Lovely .

2- a big rock like a big white egg , something nice , out this heavy rock on top of burner

Then with a couple of decent towels wrap it carefully of course is gonna be boiling hot

Take this boiling wrapped giant egg into your bed … and is your water bottle

great meals cooked in wood burners too .

Loads of power saver . I love it .

over a year ago

I have one and I actually fitted it myself.

I did a bit of research beforehand, the house hasn’t been set on fire and I’m still alive.

As for the eco fans, they really do work but wait until they come up on offer in Aldi or Lidl for less than £20 as they really do make a difference x

over a year ago

Thanks for all the great advice

Mine is a multi fuel burner but it's only set up to burn wood at the moment as we have a large store of dried wood covered over in the garden plus lots of trees which grow rapidly each year

By *entleman of FortuneMan
over a year ago

Hull

I have a log burner 8k it heats the whole house. My advice would be have as much of flue pipe exposed as possible, you lose a lot of heat otherwise. I use ovals/ after starting it a bucket will last more than a day. Put a good bed in bottom of fire and it'll will just tick over afterwards.

By *imbo59seMan
over a year ago

North Norfolk

Used, still moist, tea bags work well for cleaning the glass

By *ove2pleaseseukMan
over a year ago

Hastings

"Thanks for all the great advice

Mine is a multi fuel burner but it's only set up to burn wood at the moment as we have a large store of dried wood covered over in the garden plus lots of trees which grow rapidly each year "

Then it sounds like you will be worm tonight enjoy

By *ecretsnevertobetoldMan
over a year ago

Stroud

make sure the wood you burn on it is below 20% moisture

By *ustamanMan
over a year ago

weymouth

Nope I've an open fire , burn anything mostly pallets

over a year ago

We have one with a back boiler that also heats hot water and the radiators.

over a year ago

Such a lot of contradicting info here but thank you anyway lol

Ours is already installed so we can't alter anything.

It's multi fuel but we have it set up for just wood as we have a lot of chopped wood dried out under a shelter in the garden plus we have lots of trees which have to be cut down to the trunk every year so we will also store that until it's ready to be used. We have other ways of getting wood cheap or free at times.

We can't use it until tomorrow so the fire's built ready to light when we get home from football

over a year ago

No but I have a warm heart I think

By *ohn8210tCouple
over a year ago

Warwick

Another good point- think about getting next winters wood ( logs) now. We have a friend who sells logs and he says his are all cut and stacked by the beginning of April at the latest . It’s covered up from the rain but the air can freely circulate.

Some people even season their wood for two seasons.

over a year ago

cannot remember which way round it is but wood and coal burn differently. one needs air from the bottom, the other takes air from above so one has a grate the other doesn't.

By *arker secrets 321Man
over a year ago

West Bromwich

Iv just fitted 1 only days ago and love it .

Avin 2 buy wood at mo but already got plans 2 build stock pile this year x

over a year ago

We love ours and if it burns it goes on the fire

Can't recommend old balled up socks and rolled up old pairs of jeans enough

They burn fantastically

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

"I have one and I actually fitted it myself.

I did a bit of research beforehand, the house hasn’t been set on fire and I’m still alive.

As for the eco fans, they really do work but wait until they come up on offer in Aldi or Lidl for less than £20 as they really do make a difference x"

I fitted mine in the past too, it’s not hard. There’s a couple of building regs to follow for the measurements. I love how on an old house they hear the whole structure after a few hours

By *ohn8210tCouple
over a year ago

Warwick

It’s coal that needs air from underneath.

We put coal on our Woodburner to keep it in all night if we want to .

We however just pop it on the wood ash.

Everyone has different ideas and methods, don’t think there is any right or wrong.

Do what best suits your Woodburner .

By *N4funCouple
over a year ago

Manchester

We cut and split our own then stack for 18mths to 24mths, you can buy a small meter to check the moisture content which can be importantif your buy in split timber. Try to avoid softwood and get hold of hardwood which burns better. We use ours most nights and after a couple of hours the whole house is reasonably warm. Wouldn't think of not having one now

By *unthum62Man
over a year ago

Benidorm

My woodburner is my only source of heat.

Dry wood is the key. Ideally hardwood as pine snots up your chimney with nasty sticky resins.

Its been lit for 5 weeks now, ashes cleaned out once a week, leave plenty embers, dry kindling and away it goes again.

Messy, time consuming getting logs in, but so much nicer than oil or gas.

Also, those flickering shadows make a session on the rug in front of it fun.

Just dont get too carried away. Human flesh stick to hot cast iron.

By *cplsMan
over a year ago

Nr Waltham

I have one which I built into the house. With the doors open it is up to 33kw and devours logs at about 8 per hour. After 2 good loads it is time to open all of the doors as it gets really warm, aided by a convection box and ducted hot air.

I wouldnt be without but not had many romantic nights with it???

By *amesnj007Man
over a year ago

Milton Keynes

Just got a Chinese diesel heater wow awesome YouTube see the them in action there hot ??

By *ig1gaz1Man
over a year ago

bradford

"cannot remember which way round it is but wood and coal burn differently. one needs air from the bottom, the other takes air from above so one has a grate the other doesn't."

Coal is underneath whilst wood is on top.

Both need flow of air on top though.

For fast heat up then its both air underneath and air above. if your wanting a good roaring fire.

By *r TriomanMan
over a year ago

Chippenham Malmesbury area

Not sure if it's been mentioned already but a magnetic thermometer attached to the stove pipe close to the burner flu outlet thelps to ensure that you have the right burning temperature. I use a Woodsaver Magnetic Stovepipe Thermometer; they're around £25.00.

By *ig1gaz1Man
over a year ago

bradford

"Not sure if it's been mentioned already but a magnetic thermometer attached to the stove pipe close to the burner flu outlet thelps to ensure that you have the right burning temperature. I use a Woodsaver Magnetic Stovepipe Thermometer; they're around £25.00."

With standared stoves that would be correct but mine only outputs 300f up the chimney.

I gain 1500f and 2000f heat output into the room area so I gain twice the heat.

By *adMerWoman
over a year ago

Sandwich

It’s hysterical how much people are raving about a method of heating that is basically extremely old fashioned. I get that energy costs have massively increased, but if you are happy with all that extra dusting crack the fuck on!

By *r optimistMan
over a year ago

town

Make dure uou have it installed properly. Looking in to a pellet stove now .

Anyone using a pellet stove ?

By *organ and rob zombieCouple
over a year ago

bradford

I line chimneys and fit them every day, I’m really jealous because my house doesn’t even have a chimney

By *ohn8210tCouple
over a year ago

Warwick

Another point is- a fire is company. Folks that have never had one would probably not understand. For people living alone it’s good company.

over a year ago

"It’s hysterical how much people are raving about a method of heating that is basically extremely old fashioned. I get that energy costs have massively increased, but if you are happy with all that extra dusting crack the fuck on! "

How pleasant

By *icecock9999Man
over a year ago

Oxford

I have one, it’s toasty

All you need to remember is that wood draws from the top vent, coal from the bottom vent

By *lephantisMan
over a year ago

Oxford

Open fires all the way for me. I know they are less efficient, but they are also romantic, and 'camping' in the sitting room with my son, toasting crumpets on the flames and putting the world to rights, feels magical.

over a year ago

"It’s hysterical how much people are raving about a method of heating that is basically extremely old fashioned. I get that energy costs have massively increased, but if you are happy with all that extra dusting crack the fuck on! "

I get my servants to dust

over a year ago

"It’s hysterical how much people are raving about a method of heating that is basically extremely old fashioned. I get that energy costs have massively increased, but if you are happy with all that extra dusting crack the fuck on!

I get my servants to dust "

By *lephantisMan
over a year ago

Oxford

"It’s hysterical how much people are raving about a method of heating that is basically extremely old fashioned. I get that energy costs have massively increased, but if you are happy with all that extra dusting crack the fuck on!

I get my servants to dust "

I want coal sprites, like in Spirited away. Or those little dust-creatures in My Neighbour Totoro.

By *orderboyblueMan
over a year ago

Scottish Borders

Got my burner installed when I moved in 10 years ago.....best thing I ever did.

Next best thing was buying a fan last year for £35 off Amazon. Really not sure why I waited so long but it makes a heck of a difference.

Next best thing was going to an amazing house party last night ....complete with log burner!!!!

over a year ago

I get my servants to dust

I want coal sprites, like in Spirited away. Or those little dust-creatures in My Neighbour Totoro."

I don't know what they are but they sound good

over a year ago

No but I own a penis. Am I on the right website?

over a year ago

"No but I own a penis. Am I on the right website?

"

You are on the forum for general chat, your penis probably won't do well on this forum

By *aspsMan
over a year ago

dundee

"I line chimneys and fit them every day, I’m really jealous because my house doesn’t even have a chimney "

What's the going rate to get log burner installed I have a chimney and a lot burner I rescued from getting skiped would like to instal it

By *ixie BeanMan
over a year ago

Wallasey

"I line chimneys and fit them every day, I’m really jealous because my house doesn’t even have a chimney

What's the going rate to get log burner installed I have a chimney and a lot burner I rescued from getting skiped would like to instal it"

Quite expensive mate . Flu liner is where the expense is if you've already got a burner ..

By *ickedwillyCouple
over a year ago

Bangor

Great for fucking in front off big fire log fire.

By *aspsMan
over a year ago

dundee

"I line chimneys and fit them every day, I’m really jealous because my house doesn’t even have a chimney

What's the going rate to get log burner installed I have a chimney and a lot burner I rescued from getting skiped would like to instal it

Quite expensive mate . Flu liner is where the expense is if you've already got a burner .. "

Got the burner chimney bored over just now need to get a harth what's rough price for flu liner ?

By *inkywife1981Couple
over a year ago

A town near you

We have an insert boiler stove which heat all our rads and water. We burn a mix of turf and coal and think its amazing

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

Just been out and chainsawed up one of my seasoning stacks. That’s next year sorted.

Looking nervously at what I have left for kindling this year. Might need to get some in.

My burner has been a godsend these last couple of days. Don’t need to put the heating on.

By *ooking4othersMan
over a year ago

Here ...

Anyone getting one should check if they are in a smoke controlled area. If you are you may be able to use a DEFRA approved stove.

My mate didn't check and couldn't use it ... one of his neighbours reported him ... all that money gone ... but not up in smoke

By *usie pTV/TS
over a year ago

taunton

Having a log fire is inbuilt in our DNA, it's been there frm not long after Adam and Eve invented shagging. Half an hour in front of a log fire will give you much the same feeling and pleasure as a nice gentle climax but be careful if you want a earth shattering climax you may end up with the chimney on fire.

over a year ago

"No but I own a penis. Am I on the right website?

You are on the forum for general chat, your penis probably won't do well on this forum "

Once you have cut if off, you'll need to leave it to dry. Probably best to be burnt after 12 months, but I doubt a single penis will produce much heat.

over a year ago

Aldi have log burner fans in the middle isle!

By *entBarryUKMan
over a year ago

Ashford

I have heard that fan is food for propelling heat into the room, but I was told recently that you have to be close to feel the effect. This seems a bit pointless because you will be closer to the log burner. Always leave a 15mm layer of ash at the bottom as an insulator and clean the glass with newspaper and warm water.

Post new Message to Thread