Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Traffic light beggars

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Here in Birmingham it seems that one of the most popular ways to beg is by standing at the traffic lights at a busy junction with a paper cup

Another popular venue is outside a major supermarket with a blanket

Having said that I was directly approached by 3 beggars in the city centre this morning

Is it just Birmingham? Or is this happening everywhere?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *hristopherd999Man
over a year ago

Brentwood

Everywhere

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Everywhere.

But try going out to some of the third world countries if you want to see it scaled up!

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

London is the same, but most have card readers...

over a year ago

I don't think I've ever seen anyone begging at traffic lights anywhere in the UK

By *izzy RascallMan
over a year ago

Cardiff

I see people outside our local Home Bargains and a near by Tesco. Neither of them in the city

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"London is the same, but most have card readers..."

That wouldn't surprise me

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

"I don't think I've ever seen anyone begging at traffic lights anywhere in the UK"

There's lots of such people around here (Greater Manchester). Also we get the people wanting payment to wipe your windscreen with a manky cloth.....

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

So sad to see them especially in this cold weather ! X

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Begging in UK is nothing like it is in some parts of the far east, especially if you have pale skin

By *ove2pleaseseukMan
over a year ago

Hastings

Everywhere

In Hastings there is a group and they take it it turns out side an Aldi,COOP a d a tesco, one definately has social housing. lol

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

Never seen it here. Mostly they sit quietly outside the shops.

over a year ago

Same in west yorkshire

By *host63Man
over a year ago

Bedfont Feltham

While some are scams I always have sympathy.

Inthus day and age with the government we currently have most of us are only a few pat checks from the same situation.

A still fairly rich country should not have people living off the streets.

By *aomilatteCouple
over a year ago

Midlands

It's not new. 30 years ago in London they would wash your windscreen with dirty water and put their hand out. Generally all cars have something called windscreen washers though!

By *ayHaychMan
over a year ago

Leeds (Home) / Sheffield (Work)

"Same in west yorkshire"

Yep particular junctions always have people sat at them.

By *arkus1812Man
over a year ago

Lifes departure lounge NN9 Northamptonshire East not West MidlandsMidlands

"I don't think I've ever seen anyone begging at traffic lights anywhere in the UK

There's lots of such people around here (Greater Manchester). Also we get the people wanting payment to wipe your windscreen with a manky cloth....."

The windscreen washers were a regular sight in the 1970s and 1980s especially in the cities.

By *oodmessMan
over a year ago

yumsville

Having seen people who I know are addicts camped outside terminals, cash points, greggs and the like but can then get taxis back to their houses, I rarely give to anyone on the street

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

The Charity Chuggers in Birmingham were more annoying than the beggars to be honest.

They were really persistent and guilt trippy. Never been followed down the street by a beggar before unlike someone persistently trying to question me as to why I didn’t want to save children.

By *ichaelangelaCouple
over a year ago

notts

Someone once gave me a good tip how to tell the difference between genuine beggars and those that just do it to make money.

check their fingernails.... the genuine ones have very grubby fingernails and fingertips

By *ove2pleaseseukMan
over a year ago

Hastings

"The Charity Chuggers in Birmingham were more annoying than the beggars to be honest.

They were really persistent and guilt trippy. Never been followed down the street by a beggar before unlike someone persistently trying to question me as to why I didn’t want to save children. "

Yer I get that.

There is one Charity round hear limbless vetrans asked why I did not support them. When I gave them my reply they got verbally aggressive they as I left felt uncomfortable.

over a year ago

"I don't think I've ever seen anyone begging at traffic lights anywhere in the UK"

Try A40 Gypsy Corner traffic lights.

Guarantee to have 1 person on each approach.

If you're there at the right time you'll see them get dropped off

over a year ago

Before anyone asks, I needed money to buy French letters in order to fuck the English bird I pulled at Tesco express.

I made sure she understand what express means.

Karen if you are reading that, you are more than welcome. I enjoyed cumming as fast as possible and leaving you disappointed x

over a year ago

"I don't think I've ever seen anyone begging at traffic lights anywhere in the UK

Try A40 Gypsy Corner traffic lights.

Guarantee to have 1 person on each approach.

If you're there at the right time you'll see them get dropped off"

Most of these so called charity hawkers are students, they are being paid to obtain your data,Name,email address,home address and the like. This info then and up on a charity data base. Then you receive info from most charities because you have expressed an interest in giving away your money...AVOID them.tell them you already donate

By *elvet RopeMan
over a year ago

by the big field

"Here in Birmingham it seems that one of the most popular ways to beg is by standing at the traffic lights at a busy junction with a paper cup

Having said that I was directly approached by 3 beggars in the city centre this morning

Is it just Birmingham? Or is this happening everywhere? "

You're lucky you didn't encounter the overly aggressive middle eastern ladies that try and clean your screen with some manky looking liquid in an old water bottle- which they then discard once empty, fucking area is littered with their shite

over a year ago

"Here in Birmingham it seems that one of the most popular ways to beg is by standing at the traffic lights at a busy junction with a paper cup

Is it just Birmingham? Or is this happening everywhere? "

Cov Road, Bristol Road, Warwick Road where it meets Stratford Road in Sparkbrook.

By *afork4Man
over a year ago

Leeds

I see it in Bradford but not Leeds

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

"Before anyone asks, I needed money to buy French letters in order to fuck the English bird I pulled at Tesco express.

I made sure she understand what express means.

Karen if you are reading that, you are more than welcome. I enjoyed cumming as fast as possible and leaving you disappointed x

"

I hope you had time to purchase a watermelon

over a year ago

I did see this when in Manchester. Quite alarming to see a man throw himself out into the traffic with a cup.

over a year ago

For a while some years ago beggars were banned in my local city centre. Now they are back though. Some of the d*unk/high ones are intimidating, shouting and swearing, yet they are allowed to stay..

Post new Message to Thread