Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

A Dish Served Cold…

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

The beautiful and fierce 45 year old Shakira (Colombian singer who sang Hips Don’t Lie a few years back) has been unceremoniously dumped by her younger husband Gerard Pique, 35. He has very suspiciously quickly moved on with a new girlfriend, much younger at 22.

Shakira has released what could have been an embarrassing move, a revenge track about the cheating ex…which has already broken YouTube records, with 63 million views in 24 hours.

But what I would like to know, first rate forumites, is if you’ve ever got revenge on someone. And how?

Did you feel guilty afterwards?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

I don't deal in revenge, i view it as their loss

By *enrietteandSamCouple
over a year ago

Staffordshire

Shakira shakira

Neither of us have ever had the need to seek revenge for anything.

If I ever had the need though I think I’d hide a few pieces of Hens latest jigsaw

By *instonandLadyAstorCouple
over a year ago

Not where we seem to be...

"The beautiful and fierce 45 year old Shakira (Colombian singer who sang Hips Don’t Lie a few years back) has been unceremoniously dumped by her younger husband Gerard Pique, 35. He has very suspiciously quickly moved on with a new girlfriend, much younger at 22.

Shakira has released what could have been an embarrassing move, a revenge track about the cheating ex…which has already broken YouTube records, with 63 million views in 24 hours.

But what I would like to know, first rate forumites, is if you’ve ever got revenge on someone. And how?

Did you feel guilty afterwards?"

I have.

I can't say.

And Hell no.

Dish served cold? You bet. Cross me, and more so the ones I love, and I'll reverse global warning.

Winston

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

That would be telling. But yes it was satisfying.

A little tidbit popped up on my social media about her apparently displaying a witch doll on the balcony facing his mums house ?! "the level of petty to aspire to" - someone commented. Died a little

By *avexxMan
over a year ago

cheshire

revenge is something i would look for.. i just think life will trip them up somewhere along the lines,,

By *avexxMan
over a year ago

cheshire

wouldnt,

over a year ago

I don't do revenge. I just cut them out of my life and move on. Just as well really.

over a year ago

I don’t think it’s particularly healthy to seek revenge, and you probably didn’t more harm to yourself than anything.

Better to let go, and move forward.

By *idnight RamblerMan
over a year ago

Pershore

"I don’t think it’s particularly healthy to seek revenge, and you probably didn’t more harm to yourself than anything.

Better to let go, and move forward. "

I agree with others, seeking revenge is unhealthy. That said, it's surprising how often events unfold to offer the opportunity for revenge in time. Then it's a question of whether to strike or let it pass.

over a year ago

From a fab perspective I'd take amazing photos and post them to my profile... But in reality that's as exciting as it would get..

I'm great at 'letting it go' and counselling others

over a year ago

Not for me. I let karma take its course.

over a year ago

"I don’t think it’s particularly healthy to seek revenge, and you probably didn’t more harm to yourself than anything.

I agree with others, seeking revenge is unhealthy. That said, it's surprising how often events unfold to offer the opportunity for revenge in time. Then it's a question of whether to strike or let it pass."

I have seen unpleasant people get their just desserts without my intervention.

over a year ago

I agree with others, seeking revenge is unhealthy. That said, it's surprising how often events unfold to offer the opportunity for revenge in time. Then it's a question of whether to strike or let it pass."

Yes. It's interesting that at times it just presents itself. An evil temptation or universe saying- time for a lesson?

By *uxom redCouple
over a year ago

Shrewsbury

I just let karma do its job.

By *etcplCouple
over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

"But what I would like to know, first rate forumites, is if you’ve ever got revenge on someone. And how?

Oh yes, many times over the years. I hold a grudge, and am happy to wait a long time to spring my revenge.

I would share what I have done, but it may or may not be of questionable legality!

As for feeling guilty, nope. If I don’t feel guilty for how I have treated those close to me, why would I feel guilty for those that now mean nothing to me?!?

over a year ago

I prefer to let karma sort it out, which it always does at some point

By *batMan
over a year ago

Alicante, Spain. (Sometimes in Wales)

The best is making sure someone knows you could take revenge, but you play it straight. They are simply waiting for the axe to fall, but it never does. Quietly satisfying.

Gbat

By *cotCouple666Couple
over a year ago

Central Belt

I've never taken revenge on anyone. But my best friend put laxatives in her boyfriends coffee. Can't remember what he'd done to deserve such a punishment.

By *ittlebirdWoman
over a year ago

The Big Smoke

Revenge is definitely a dish best served cold OP. However the best revenge I find is just to move on for myself. Not getting revenge at all. No second chances. No contact. No late night begging texts. Nada. Zilch.

I keep my own council and remember always that I am enough.

Funnily enough I’ve never ever fallen out with an ex and they’ve always come back to be friends when invariably they realise they’ve fucked up.

And yes karma is alive and well here

over a year ago

i just run.

run away completely, and try and keep my brain busy so i don't have a chance to think about anything.

if i sit with my thoughts, and ruminate on things, i spiral, and that isn't good. Px

By *oodmessMan
over a year ago

yumsville

Yeah, once sadly. Though I was about to say no as it was nothing to do with a relationship and more to do with a flatmate getting me kicked out of a house. I pissed in his shampoo. OOOOOOOh.

I'm not the revengy type - nothing has really needed revenging relationship wise.

over a year ago

"The beautiful and fierce 45 year old Shakira (Colombian singer who sang Hips Don’t Lie a few years back) has been unceremoniously dumped by her younger husband Gerard Pique, 35. He has very suspiciously quickly moved on with a new girlfriend, much younger at 22.

Yes I have and no I didn’t

By *sianmale89Man
over a year ago

Stockport

If I ever got revenge I would prefer to serve it ice cold and possibly in the most cruelest or brutal way I can think off depending on the individuals and what they have done to me..

I’ve lost count the amount off times in life for e.g. when someone has anonymously wronged or fucked me over big time in previous jobs I’ve worked in the past and I’ve felt a white hot rage get even with them…

Only a few people will do it openly most off them are too chicken shit to screw you over openly…

There have also been people in my personal life who have either wronged myself or a family member off mine and there is nothing more I value in this world then my family in general…

Even sometimes people you encounter online you can end up holding a grudge and want to seriously get back at them..

You can drive yourself mad sometimes thinking about it but then I remember life is too short, sometimes you might get a small revenge or victory so to speak…

But big time revenge with no holding back or settling the score with people who have seriously crossed the line with you or someone you are close to is harder to get…

Unless you’re willing to pay a heavy price to get that satisfaction like trouble with the law and ending up in prison for a long time…..

or worse being on the run from some seriously twisted people who are involved in criminal activities and have no qualms in committing unspeakable acts off revenge themselves..

By *eliciousDiva69Woman
over a year ago

Schitts Creek

Pique has definitely used the song to his full advantage though!! So while it may have been meant as revenge it’s clearly backfired.

As others have said, revenge is rarely a good way forward. Karma always finds it’s way…

over a year ago

I've never taken revenge on anyone, although, when a lot younger, I have discussed various ways in which I might, or my friends might, get revenge on people...

..none of us ever did though. At least, not that I know of

By *ose-tinted GlassesMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

There’s rarely any need for revenge but I’ve certainly raised a smile when I’ve seen karma do her beautiful thing.

By *ed MartinMan
over a year ago

Shefford

Years ago, the day that the neighbours from hell moved out of our street, my family and 3 other houses put out bunting and had a street party while watching the removal men work.

By *eregrinosCouple
over a year ago

chorley

The desire for revenge can be toxic, many of us will perhaps have been in the situation where the desire for revenge is quite strong but with years comes knowledge and when you can let the feeling for revenge go you can truly feel the weight lifted from you.

We do like to believe in Karma, though sometimes karma could perhaps be a little more prompt in arriving ????

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

Not intentionally.

After I got fat, and found out my husband was cheating on me he said no one would want me because of how fat I had become-I'd put on 9 stone.

A couple of years later I met a much younger, very attractive man. My husband (who was my ex at that time) found out and wasn't too happy, because he thought he still had control over me.

He said he only wants you for one thing. I replied well I'm only after one thing too.

I knew it ate him up inside but I did it for me, not to get back at him.

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

So far I've placed my trust in Karma and she hasn't let me down yet...

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

No. Not interested in revenge

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"I've never taken revenge on anyone. But my best friend put laxatives in her boyfriends coffee. Can't remember what he'd done to deserve such a punishment."

Burnt the toast?

By *iscean_dreamMan
over a year ago

Port talbot

No I usually just let karma do it's thing, now excuse me as I need to give Shikira a call to check she's ok and offer her my cock, I meant shoulder

By *iscean_dreamMan
over a year ago

Port talbot

"No I usually just let karma do it's thing, now excuse me as I need to give Shikira a call to check she's ok and offer her my cock, I meant shoulder "

Shakira, nobody tell her I spelt her name wrong

over a year ago

Nope never resorted to revenge , if one stays bitter then it holds one back , they have their journey & give someone long enough rope …..

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

I would exact my revenge at the first possible opportunity... Whenever, Wherever

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

" Nope never resorted to revenge , if one stays bitter then it holds one back , they have their journey & give someone long enough rope ….. "

Ahhh the clash

By *icolerobbieCouple
over a year ago

walsall

Revenge is like drinking poison in the hope that the other person will die.

over a year ago

Is she 45? Really?

By *iger4uWoman
over a year ago

In my happy place

"I would exact my revenge at the first possible opportunity... Whenever, Wherever"

I see what you did there

over a year ago

Revenge might feel great for a second but it sets their claws a little deeper in you yourself though, so it's a no from me.

When I'm done? I'm gone. They move to stranger status with zero access and zero value

Best to move on and live well as they watch you walk away.... don't forget to sway

over a year ago

"So far I've placed my trust in Karma and she hasn't let me down yet..."

She's amazing

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

"I would exact my revenge at the first possible opportunity... Whenever, Wherever

I see what you did there "

Thank you! Ngl, I'd have been devastated if it went unnoticed

over a year ago

Revenge is sad, move on and enjoy life x

By *penbicoupleCouple
over a year ago

Northampton

"But what I would like to know, first rate forumites, is if you’ve ever got revenge on someone. And how?"

No. I've never given anyone that level of power over me.

By *entleman JayMan
over a year ago

Wakefield

If they don’t want to be with me, I don’t want to be with them. Move on. No need to waste energy on revenge.

By *ittlebirdWoman
over a year ago

The Big Smoke

"I would exact my revenge at the first possible opportunity... Whenever, Wherever"

You’re just thinking about Shakira and her gorgeous hips aren’t you beautiful? Me too

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

"I would exact my revenge at the first possible opportunity... Whenever, Wherever

You’re just thinking about Shakira and her gorgeous hips aren’t you beautiful? Me too "

Pretty much, that video (as awful as the effects look now) made me have a crush on her

over a year ago

Never

By *rolicUsCouple
over a year ago

Alluringly mysterious

You’re just thinking about Shakira and her gorgeous hips aren’t you beautiful? Me too "

And her breasts so small and humble

Probably her ex’s new squeeze has really massive boastful bangers

over a year ago

Don't seek revenge but if the opportunity arises you bet I'm on it. Fuck that karma bollocks !

I thought Pique came out pretty well from the celebrity bust up btw.

over a year ago

"Don't seek revenge but if the opportunity arises you bet I'm on it. Fuck that karma bollocks !

I thought Pique came out pretty well from the celebrity bust up btw."

Karma bollocks

Impatient much ?

By *anted by NightMan
over a year ago

Shangri-La

“Revenge” sounds so mean, that's why I prefer to call it “Returning the favour”.

By *oubleswing2019Man
over a year ago

Colchester

Nope.

What little revenge I may have ever wanted to mete out to anyone has been more than superseded by the ability of Karma to deposit all sorts of unholy crap on others.

There's no way I can compete with Karma in that score, so it's not even worth trying.

Karma is allowed to mete out revenge, not me.

I'm just allowed a wry smile from the side-lines before moving on.

over a year ago

Yes and it was on fab

Guy stood me up once

So I went thought his verification list

And contact people from it

His verification list wasn’t really my type off guy but none the less I “took one for the better good”

And let one off them have they way with me

Couple off weeks later he contacted me for a meet

During the conversation it came up that he had herd from a friend that had meet me that I had meet

My words to him was yip your friend got what you could have had if you didn’t stand me up 4 weeks ago

And blocked him

Leave him knowing that his friend got me and he missed his chance

By *reyToTheFairiesWoman
over a year ago

Carlisle usually

I don't tend to hold grudges or seek revenge.

I am a tremendously petty creature, I've no doubt said some particularly sharp things in the heat of the moment. But mostly once someone is at that point with me I just cut them out and forget they exist as much as possible.

over a year ago

"I prefer to let karma sort it out, which it always does at some point"

I don’t believe in Karma, much as I’d like to. It’s more fortunate coincidence. I’ve seen far more people get away with their misdeeds than be held to account for them. Perhaps sometimes Karma just needs a hand?..

By *penbicoupleCouple
over a year ago

Northampton

"Yes and it was on fab

Guy stood me up once

And contact people from it"

over a year ago

"“Revenge” sounds so mean, that's why I prefer to call it “Returning the favour”."

over a year ago

Revenge gives them power over your emotions still, so no.

over a year ago

In my early 20s i moved house id got the kids some chrimbo pressies online but forgot to change the address so when i went to the old house i found the family there refusing to give me my things even tho they had clearly signed it in one of thems names

I called the police yet again failed to get me any justice as is the trend with them lot

So i went back the following night and posted a bag of maggots thru the letterbox and pissed thru the dryer vent in revenge

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"Yes and it was on fab

Guy stood me up once

His verification list wasn’t really my type off guy but none the less I “took one for the better good”

During the conversation it came up that he had herd from a friend that had meet me that I had meet

My words to him was yip your friend got what you could have had if you didn’t stand me up 4 weeks ago

And blocked him

Leave him knowing that his friend got me and he missed his chance "

Spooky, spiteful and verging on... Some kind of stalking type thing.

over a year ago

These days im too old to make the effort i cannot be arsed with it i tend not to hold any grudge like when i was a lad i seem to have grown soft in my old age

over a year ago

I've done revenge before on an ex in my life.

But as the saying goes, when you peer into the abyss for too long, the abyss looks back at you.

And that's what happened to me in a way.

We both broke each other pretty good I'd say. None of our lives have been the same ever since we knew each other and things ended the way they did.

Is it worth seeking revenge? I think this is a wrong question to ask. Because when the red mist drops, it's never about rationality, whether it's "worth it". The heart wants what it wants. And wounds demand blood to close them.

We just live with the aftermath, and then some of us might kid ourselves and say it was either worth it or not worth it, to try and make some bigger philosophical meaning out of it.

By *lephantisMan
over a year ago

Oxford

If anyone ever broke up with me, they would already have punished themselves far more than I could hope to emulate.

over a year ago

"Yes and it was on fab

Guy stood me up once

"

Was what it was ha ha

over a year ago

"Yes and it was on fab

Guy stood me up once

And blocked him

Leave him knowing that his friend got me and he missed his chance

Spooky, spiteful and verging on... Some kind of stalking type thing. "

Not really so meeting people is not stalking ???

over a year ago

Not worth it. Causing pain will never heal the pain I feel.

By *anielpiercedMan
over a year ago

by the seaside

Two wrongs don't make a right no matter how hurt you feel,be the better person

over a year ago

She's not the first recording artist to have done so.

Just take Fleetwood Macs Rumours album

By *ampWithABrainWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

I was going to say no…

Then I had a think.

Ex there was a situation where I had the opportunity to get revenge and it would have completely blown up his life. He knew I could have done this…but I didn’t and I have it on good authority this caused him way more stress than perhaps if I had acted.

A soon to be ex boss, I was just going to walk away, then they pushed their luck and their boss was there too and it just was last straw and I let rip! Everyone has their breaking point.

Mostly though I just walk away, but this can inc completely cutting people out of my life.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Nobody has ever done anything bad enough to me for me to want revenge. I'm too lazy anyway I'd rather just get on with my life.

However if anyone hurt one of my children or a loved one it might be different. I'm currently wishing the supermarket worker who walked away from my partially sighted father when he was trying to use the self service till would sit on a hedgehog

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple
over a year ago

Leeds

No such thing as revenge in my opinion.

I look at it as every action has a reaction.

So you have to judge if you’re willing to deal with the reaction your action brings. If so go ahead. If not better think twice.

piqué obviously thought his action was worth the reaction.

The mr

By *an4funMan
over a year ago

london

"Nobody has ever done anything bad enough to me for me to want revenge. I'm too lazy anyway I'd rather just get on with my life.

However if anyone hurt one of my children or a loved one it might be different. I'm currently wishing the supermarket worker who walked away from my partially sighted father when he was trying to use the self service till would sit on a hedgehog "

That would be unfair on the hedgehog. Replace said hedgehog with several drawing pins on seat.

By *ab FunstersCouple
over a year ago

Midlands

I believe if you are shitty to people you will be the one that ends up eating it. I don't forgive, it stays with me because it has hurt me.

By *eneralKenobiMan
over a year ago

North Angus

There’s still a bully from school whose tyres go flat once a month

I’m not petty at all

By *instonandLadyAstorCouple
over a year ago

Not where we seem to be...

"Nobody has ever done anything bad enough to me for me to want revenge. I'm too lazy anyway I'd rather just get on with my life.

However if anyone hurt one of my children or a loved one it might be different. I'm currently wishing the supermarket worker who walked away from my partially sighted father when he was trying to use the self service till would shit a hedgehog "

Sounds painful.

Winston

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"There’s still a bully from school whose tyres go flat once a month

I’m not petty at all "

It all makes sense now

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

Nope, rather put the effort into me. My Dad told me I was stupid and never go to uni. Just gave me more drive to succeed. Doesn't mean I don't smirk when their bad behaviour catches up with them though.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

However if anyone hurt one of my children or a loved one it might be different. I'm currently wishing the supermarket worker who walked away from my partially sighted father when he was trying to use the self service till would shit a hedgehog

Sounds painful.

Winston "

ya' devil!

I nearly wrote that but modesty forbid

over a year ago

The urge to seek vengeance is, in my opinion, one of mankind's less edifying traits.

over a year ago

As for Shakira, she's old enough to know better, they have kids together. Rise above it

By *eneralKenobiMan
over a year ago

North Angus

I’m not petty at all

It all makes sense now "

Still waiting for the penny to drop

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I used to work for a publication that allowed personal ads. The number of people who placed nasty, spiteful break up ads detailing the ex's failings, naming new partners, accusing people of all sorts was astounding. Obviously we couldn't publish them but the lengths some people would go to to 'get their own back' and the accusations they would make sometimes shocked me

By *riel13Woman
over a year ago

Northampton

Yes... I got on with my life and forgot about them... Don't see the point in stunts for revenge... They just show how insecure it's made you feel so not really much of a revenge

By *ooking4othersMan
over a year ago

Here ...

Not revenge as such but on the exit interview from one of my jobs I gave the Manager some insight to what I, and some of the rest of the team, thought of him.

Over the years his Manager found out what he was like and he ended up being disciplined etc.

Years later when I was looking to acquire some technology for a company I used to work for he turned up to do the sales pitch for the investment.

I took great pleasure in ripping their idea to shreds as it couldn't work ... then told him karma was a bitch as he left the building.

By *penbicoupleCouple
over a year ago

Northampton

I’m not petty at all "

Shame to see he's still getting a reaction out of you.

My bullies became nothing to me years ago. To even consider revenge would imply that they deserve a second's attention from me - which they do not.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Not revenge as such but on the exit interview from one of my jobs I gave the Manager some insight to what I, and some of the rest of the team, thought of him.

Over the years his Manager found out what he was like and he ended up being disciplined etc.

Years later when I was looking to acquire some technology for a company I used to work for he turned up to do the sales pitch for the investment.

I took great pleasure in ripping their idea to shreds as it couldn't work ... then told him karma was a bitch as he left the building. "

Erm won't karma get you in that case?

over a year ago

Someone I know burgled my house when I was a teenager. He didn’t know that I knew and when we were young adults he invited me to a house party at his. I pissed in his kettle. I feel no remorse and would do it again if I had the chance

By *enrietteandSamCouple
over a year ago

Staffordshire

"Someone I know burgled my house when I was a teenager. He didn’t know that I knew and when we were young adults he invited me to a house party at his. I pissed in his kettle. I feel no remorse and would do it again if I had the chance "

I like that.

That’s the good kind of retribution that only you will ever know about

Apart from the 500 or so strangers on a swinging site now of course.

By *ex HolesMan
over a year ago

Up North

I don’t have that hate in my heart to actually give a fuck about revenge. I really wouldn’t and couldn’t give any less fucks

over a year ago

"Someone I know burgled my house when I was a teenager. He didn’t know that I knew and when we were young adults he invited me to a house party at his. I pissed in his kettle. I feel no remorse and would do it again if I had the chance

I like that.

Apart from the 500 or so strangers on a swinging site now of course."

But they all know not to fuck with me now.

By *enrietteandSamCouple
over a year ago

Staffordshire

"I don’t have that hate in my heart to actually give a fuck about revenge. I really wouldn’t and couldn’t give any less fucks "

I love you enough to piss in your kettle

By *enrietteandSamCouple
over a year ago

Staffordshire

"Someone I know burgled my house when I was a teenager. He didn’t know that I knew and when we were young adults he invited me to a house party at his. I pissed in his kettle. I feel no remorse and would do it again if I had the chance

I like that.

Apart from the 500 or so strangers on a swinging site now of course.

But they all know not to fuck with me now."

And not to leave you unattended in their kitchens.

By *ex HolesMan
over a year ago

Up North

"I don’t have that hate in my heart to actually give a fuck about revenge. I really wouldn’t and couldn’t give any less fucks

I love you enough to piss in your kettle "

I’d forgive you by cleaning my toilet with your toothbrush

By *enrietteandSamCouple
over a year ago

Staffordshire

"I don’t have that hate in my heart to actually give a fuck about revenge. I really wouldn’t and couldn’t give any less fucks

I love you enough to piss in your kettle

I’d forgive you by cleaning my toilet with your toothbrush "

Oh you animal, I’m absolutely bristling!

By *ooking4othersMan
over a year ago

Here ...

"Not revenge as such but on the exit interview from one of my jobs I gave the Manager some insight to what I, and some of the rest of the team, thought of him.

I took great pleasure in ripping their idea to shreds as it couldn't work ... then told him karma was a bitch as he left the building.

Erm won't karma get you in that case? "

Only if you believe in it

over a year ago

I did get my revenge once.

He kissed my friend.

So I let his tyres down.

On his bike. We were 10.

…and then my Mum found out and walked me round to his house to apologise

By *evonrobMan
over a year ago

Kingsbridge

I think Harry is showing that revenge is a dish best not served at all!!

By *eneralKenobiMan
over a year ago

North Angus

I’m not petty at all

Shame to see he's still getting a reaction out of you.

My bullies became nothing to me years ago. To even consider revenge would imply that they deserve a second's attention from me - which they do not."

This particular one found himself grained in my mind the day he jumped on both my legs after I’d not long had serious operations on them.

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

"I did get my revenge once.

He kissed my friend.

So I let his tyres down.

On his bike. We were 10.

…and then my Mum found out and walked me round to his house to apologise "

Well done mum!