Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Rat Catchers Unite

Jump to newest

By *ssex_tom OP   Man
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Talk that not only worldwide but certainly in the UK that these days are getting pretty immune to poison and a generation of superrats is just around the corner. Let's go back to the old ways. Rat catchers used to hunt with Jack Russell terriers and the like. Why not start an army of dogs formed from abandoned dogs from rescue dog centres and go to war on these rats. All breeds accepted.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ixie BeanMan
over a year ago

Wallasey

If they're super rats ..chihuahuas won't stand a chance. Pugs, Boston terriers..French bulldogs...all those teacup daft little things would get done in if they're super rats . You'd need ferrets snakes and minks.. check out a fella called Joseph mink-man carter on YouTube he's sick !

By *piderBunnyCouple
over a year ago

Back of Nowhere and Beyond

"If they're super rats ..chihuahuas won't stand a chance. Pugs, Boston terriers..French bulldogs...all those teacup daft little things would get done in if they're super rats . You'd need ferrets snakes and minks.. check out a fella called Joseph mink-man carter on YouTube he's sick ! "

Chihuahuas would band together and summon their demonic leader in some kind of ritual... they'd be fine

Posh

By *ixie BeanMan
over a year ago

Wallasey

"If they're super rats ..chihuahuas won't stand a chance. Pugs, Boston terriers..French bulldogs...all those teacup daft little things would get done in if they're super rats . You'd need ferrets snakes and minks.. check out a fella called Joseph mink-man carter on YouTube he's sick !

Chihuahuas would band together and summon their demonic leader in some kind of ritual... they'd be fine

Posh "

Hahaha no chance the rats would literally carry the chihuahuas off like the hobbits to isengard

By *iltsTSgirlTV/TS
over a year ago

chichester

Burn them all with fire

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

It’s all over the sewers…

By *eneralKenobiMan
over a year ago

North Angus

Better with a rifle

By *ornynorfolkguyMan
over a year ago

North Norfolk

"Better with a rifle "

Or a .410

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

My dogs have Jack Russell in them and have been training on mice.

By *etcplCouple
over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

Are the rats going on strike now?

By *eneralKenobiMan
over a year ago

North Angus

"Better with a rifle

Or a .410"

.22 was fine from my experience

By *ornywelsh2sumCouple
over a year ago

Neath valley.

"If they're super rats ..chihuahuas won't stand a chance. Pugs, Boston terriers..French bulldogs...all those teacup daft little things would get done in if they're super rats . You'd need ferrets snakes and minks.. check out a fella called Joseph mink-man carter on YouTube he's sick !

Posh

Hahaha no chance the rats would literally carry the chihuahuas off like the hobbits to isengard "

Chihuahua as very aggressive when used to hunt small prey. They look fragile but are quite nasty buggers.

By *wingin CatMan
over a year ago

London

The urban foxes in my area help keep the rat population down.

By *ornywelsh2sumCouple
over a year ago

Neath valley.

"The urban foxes in my area help keep the rat population down."

Same here. We have quite a few in our back garden on times

By *litterbabeWoman
over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

Rat poison is just horrible though, very sadly tried to comfort a cat who had ingested it and there was absolutely nothing that could be done to help it.

It was a horrific death.

(As I presume it also is for the intended recipient)

I don't know if the cat ate the rat poison directly or ate a rat (or other animal) that had eaten it.

Remember when you poison animals you are also poisoning owls, kites and and other predators to the animal you are poisoning.

By *uriousscouserWoman
over a year ago

Wirral

I love the idea of superrats in their little supersuits with their capes, fighting rat-crime and saving the world.

Sadly I'm not 100% sure that's how any of this works.

By *aitonelMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

"Rat poison is just horrible though, very sadly tried to comfort a cat who had ingested it and there was absolutely nothing that could be done to help it.

It was a horrific death.

(As I presume it also is for the intended recipient)

I don't know if the cat ate the rat poison directly or ate a rat (or other animal) that had eaten it.

Remember when you poison animals you are also poisoning owls, kites and and other predators to the animal you are poisoning."

Unfortunately in terms of rodents that multiply at such a rate, in enclosed and dense areas such as cities etc, poison is the most efficient method, though not the best - the bucket traps being the best, but they need to be monitored daily (multiple times in cases). Sad but true.

In more rural and open areas (most farms) this can be solved with more "natural" predatory methods like the use of ratter dog packs. It's a culling/extermination regardless, but it is necessary, it is what would happen in wild (technically), and the dogs enjoy and thrive from it.

Rats being such an invasive and destructive species (wild rats, not pets) are such a creature that just can't be left to have an out of control population. Even a small population of rats can cause life threatening structural damage within buildings - electrical fires etc

Always a shame about killing of animals but as said, uncontrolled rat populations are a danger.

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

No leave them alone!! X

By *eneralKenobiMan
over a year ago

North Angus

"No leave them alone!! X"

The issue with this is, if they’re left alone the disease they can carry will be spread tenfold as you start to find them in your kitchen cupboards

I’m all for being nice to animals but there’s a reason rats and other pests are culled

We wouldn’t want another plague on our hands

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

"No leave them alone!! X

The issue with this is, if they’re left alone the disease they can carry will be spread tenfold as you start to find them in your kitchen cupboards

I’m all for being nice to animals but there’s a reason rats and other pests are culled

We wouldn’t want another plague on our hands "

Had them under neibours decking many many years sometimes spot them in garden they even climb the tree! One of my dogs occasionally kills one! (Gets a good telling of) sometimes make me jump if one happens to b in my compost bin! But in all these years touch wood not been a problem whilst they stay in garden! I say live and let live! BTW us humans carry far more diseases than rats! And are far more damaging to the planet! Yet we are left to do as we please! X

By *eneralKenobiMan
over a year ago

North Angus

"No leave them alone!! X

Had them under neibours decking many many years sometimes spot them in garden they even climb the tree! One of my dogs occasionally kills one! (Gets a good telling of) sometimes make me jump if one happens to b in my compost bin! But in all these years touch wood not been a problem whilst they stay in garden! I say live and let live! BTW us humans carry far more diseases than rats! And are far more damaging to the planet! Yet we are left to do as we please! X"

There’s a few of us needing culled too

By *iromancergirl1Woman
over a year ago

bolton

I live very close to a big park and they made a nice little home for themselves in my shed shredding everything up I tried everything to get rid of them multiple applications of poison they just thought it was a buffet so in the end I ripped down my shed and threw everything out never seen them since also one of my 3 chihuahuas did manage to kill one in my yard so they can definitely do it if they get hold of one.

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

"No leave them alone!! X

Had them under neibours decking many many years sometimes spot them in garden they even climb the tree! One of my dogs occasionally kills one! (Gets a good telling of) sometimes make me jump if one happens to b in my compost bin! But in all these years touch wood not been a problem whilst they stay in garden! I say live and let live! BTW us humans carry far more diseases than rats! And are far more damaging to the planet! Yet we are left to do as we please! X

There’s a few of us needing culled too "

For sure! x

Post new Message to Thread