Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

iPhone choice

Jump to newest

By *parrow77 OP   Man
over a year ago

cheshire

Just wondering what people think i currently have the x and looking for the 14 but trying decide if get pro or pro max.

Anyone have and let me know what think only difference is screen size a battery slightly bigger.

I know some will post anti Apple and I don’t mind I used always be Sony or Samsung but loved the Apple in end when got x and have other products so easier

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ollybirdWoman
over a year ago

east Cork

I have the 14. Sibling has the 14 plus. The plus is bigger alright but too big for me. I suppose it will boil down to your personal preference on screen size.

By *parrow77 OP   Man
over a year ago

cheshire

"I have the 14. Sibling has the 14 plus. The plus is bigger alright but too big for me. I suppose it will boil down to your personal preference on screen size. "

I know seen both in shop and pro max is heavier as pro lighter in weight just torn as exactly same otherwise

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Would go the pro

Wouldn’t touch the standard iPhone 14

It’s just a re branded iPhone 13 Pro with a worse screen and camera

If your thinking off getting a normal 14 I would save a bit off money and get a second hand refurbished 13 pro

As it has the same cpu and better screen and camra

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 14/01/23 15:57:25]

over a year ago

"I have the 14. Sibling has the 14 plus. The plus is bigger alright but too big for me. I suppose it will boil down to your personal preference on screen size.

I know seen both in shop and pro max is heavier as pro lighter in weight just torn as exactly same otherwise "

Second this comment about screen size and weight. I used to get the Pro Max ones because I used it for photo and video taking. The screen is bigger, obviously but the camera and video function is a little better in the Pro Max.

Now, I don’t do much of that anymore and I don’t use the phone for much beyond emails and text messaging. For that, the smaller size fits better in my hand and pocket.

As Natalie has said, it’s better to go for the Pro version rather than the ‘normal’ one.

Just to clarify; there is iPhone 14 and there is iPhone 14 Pro and Pro Max. iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Pro are the same size but their performance is worlds apart. iPhone 14 Pro Max is the big screen version of iPhone 14 Pro.

M

By *rtyIanMan
over a year ago

Gateway to the Beacons

I got 14 pro max

Mainly for photography and video which it does very well.

over a year ago

Don't choose any. Move to Android.

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

"I got 14 pro max

Mainly for photography and video which it does very well."

Most mobiles have reached peak functionality these days and theres bugger all new features to add, so the only differences seem to be in photo/video capabilities and battery life.

People are also unlikely to jump ship from apple to android without a seriously good reason given most don't even give new chargers with new phones and any add on kit will usually be brand specific.

I'm an android user and went for an S22 Ultra for the camera and video functions. Did look at the 14 Pro max and was tempted but didn't want to move back to Apple after ditching them long ago.

The only downside to this phone is that it's too heavy for the gimbal I bought to use with my old S10+.

A

By *agerMorganMan
over a year ago

Canvey Island

I have the 12 Pro-Max and don’t intend to upgrade to the 14 Pro-Max.

The X is still a capable model, but you’ll be spending money for not massive jumps in capability. It’s why I’m waiting to see what the 15 is, and whether it’s worth it or stick with my 12 Pro-Max.

over a year ago

I've not used an Apple device since the iPhone 4.

I wouldn't go back to them either.

Don't like the way they do business or how they see their customers.

Plus, they don't see their devices as really our property.

As for Apple 'geniuses'...PAH!!!

By *eroLondonMan
over a year ago

Mayfair

"I've not used an Apple device since the iPhone 4.

As for Apple 'geniuses'...PAH!!!"

So how does this help the OP's dilemma?

over a year ago

So how does this help the OP's dilemma? "

By convincing him to opt for Android. The only sensible choice.

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Just wondering what people think i currently have the x and looking for the 14 but trying decide if get pro or pro max.

Anyone have and let me know what think only difference is screen size a battery slightly bigger.

I know some will post anti Apple and I don’t mind I used always be Sony or Samsung but loved the Apple in end when got x and have other products so easier"

I have a 12 pro max and was thinking of updating to a 14 this year… other than the size (pro is 5.7 max is 6.9) the max this year has a slightly better camera on it!

I love the bigger iPhone…yes it better life because the battery is bigger but it just a case of getting use to it

I actually to be honest may give this year a miss just because if the 15 does come in September there are rumours of it being completely wireless

By *elvet RopeMan
over a year ago

by the big field

So how does this help the OP's dilemma?

By convincing him to opt for Android. The only sensible choice."

I have a 4 year old iphone for personal and a new (mid range) android for work- fucking hate the android with a passion. Nothing sensible about choosing either one, just pick the one that functions better for you

over a year ago

It seems rather weird to me, but why buy an expensive PHONE,and then use it to take pictures?...Buy a cheaper phone for calls and texts (quality on both are the same) and a small handbag sized digital camera for when you need it....which to be truthfully...ain't that often

By *eadinthecloudsMan
over a year ago

Manchester

Depends how big your hands are mate.

By *htcMan
over a year ago

MK

"Don't choose any. Move to Android."

Agreed