Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Be positive.

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Here’s my tale. I’m current sat in a lovely hotel room after a lovely nights sleep, and I’ve got my second coffee in my hand and will soon be able to take a shower and not worry about tidying anything after me. But this happened after a cancelled meet from Fab. (Yes, another one) I did get warning and I did have the chance to cancel the booking. But I didn’t, I was looking forward to getting away, I went for the meal that I’d promised myself (alone, I know!) and drinks in my room

Was a good wind down from a hard week.

Couples are lucky, they will have each other for to be able to change there sexy plans, but as single people on here, I feel we are up against it when what we are probably actually here for (socials/sexy sex) is not happening, we’ve got to find some kind of positive out of it all.

I give my night out a 6/10. Company was a bit non talkative, but I definitely knew what I liked, food/music and drink.

Singles - do you have more let downs than people following through with arrangements? Or vice-versa?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Did you end up jumping the pillows?

On a serious note such a shame it was cancelled, I feel your pain . But it can be a pain for couples too , for some they may have arranged child care etc .

Best of luck next time x

over a year ago

"Did you end up jumping the pillows?

On a serious note such a shame it was cancelled, I feel your pain . But it can be a pain for couples too , for some they may have arranged child care etc .

…."

Oh. Yea! You can easily forget the other peoples plans they have to go through, financial loss something. there’s no positive in that is there?

over a year ago

Sounds like a perfect evening / night, other than the cancellation but unfortunately that happens. At least you were informed. I love staying alone in hotels! Forget the sex I don't want my bed ruined!

As for your question about cancellations, usually work, illness or family issues both ways. It's RL.

over a year ago

Always have a plan B.

over a year ago

"Always have a plan B. "

I think I’m a bit wierd with that. I can’t.

I feel its like taking a gift tag off a present I had for someone and then writing their name on it. You know?

over a year ago

Is the shower good Woody? Love a hotel bathroom always loads of piping hot water... Also crank up the heating whilst you are there

... But don't touch the curtains

over a year ago

Oh and hotel rooms are usually good for photos!! Get your phone set up on a timer

over a year ago

"Here’s my tale. I’m current sat in a lovely hotel room after a lovely nights sleep, and I’ve got my second coffee in my hand and will soon be able to take a shower and not worry about tidying anything after me. But this happened after a cancelled meet from Fab. (Yes, another one) I did get warning and I did have the chance to cancel the booking. But I didn’t, I was looking forward to getting away, I went for the meal that I’d promised myself (alone, I know!) and drinks in my room

Couples are lucky, they will have each other for to be able to change there sexy plans, but as single people on here, I feel we are up against it when what we are probably actually here for (socials/sexy sex) is not happening, we’ve got to find some kind of positive out of it all.

I give my night out a 6/10. Company was a bit non talkative, but I definitely knew what I liked, food/music and drink.

Singles - do you have more let downs than people following through with arrangements? Or vice-versa?"

Sorry to hear this Woody, least the company was a 6, if it went ahead the company could have been a 5

over a year ago

"Is the shower good Woody? Love a hotel bathroom always loads of piping hot water... Also crank up the heating whilst you are there

... But don't touch the curtains "

I slept above the covers in a comfortable 22 degrees

By *enrietteandSamCouple
over a year ago

Staffordshire

Good for you dude

I’ve been stood up myself this morning.

The weather has put all my golf pals off and H is already out doing her Saturday commitments so I find myself with nothing on until late afternoon again

over a year ago

"Always have a plan B.

I feel its like taking a gift tag off a present I had for someone and then writing their name on it. You know? "

I get it. To me Plan B isn’t a back up person it’s knowing for example sone good bars or clubs in the area etc, somewhere to go make the best of things.

It’s also not dragging around a crooner singing in my ear about the defamation of Strickland banks. Yes sugar it’s a travesty of justice I get it.

over a year ago

"….,

Singles - do you have more let downs than people following through with arrangements? Or vice-versa?

Sorry to hear this Woody, least the company was a 6, if it went ahead the company could have been a 5 "

good point. (in fairness, we had met for a social, she was more than a 6)

Woody lost points as he was in his phone a lot and he didn’t seem as happy as he usually is with me. But he was polite, opening doors and letting me choose my food first etc. he even paid for the drink all night

over a year ago

At least you got notice, and great that you managed to enjoy a little break away anyways

Also at least you didn't have to possibly deal with someone asking to try your food! Or even worse, try to without asking

over a year ago

"….,

Sorry to hear this Woody, least the company was a 6, if it went ahead the company could have been a 5

good point. (in fairness, we had met for a social, she was more than a 6)

Woody lost points as he was in his phone a lot and he didn’t seem as happy as he usually is with me. But he was polite, opening doors and letting me choose my food first etc. he even paid for the drink all night "

If that's the case I'll be Woodys plan b next time.....lol

over a year ago

"Good for you dude

The weather has put all my golf pals off and H is already out doing her Saturday commitments so I find myself with nothing on until late afternoon again "

The weather is rubbish for golf right now. I’m a fair weather golfer, I’m waiting for April. Practicing in the dry until then.

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

Hey Woody

Sorry you had a last minute cancellation, that can't have been great. But, it does sound like you turned the night around! I love staying away in a hotel by myself, even more so if they have a spa. And a really good buffet for the morning.

I've never really been properly cancelled on. Or ever stood up. The one time it kind of happened I was quite sad about it. So I hope you're okay. x

over a year ago

"Always have a plan B.

I feel its like taking a gift tag off a present I had for someone and then writing their name on it. You know?

I get it. To me Plan B isn’t a back up person it’s knowing for example sone good bars or clubs in the area etc, somewhere to go make the best of things.

… "

From today, this is my exact idea of a plans b … or as I now call it PLAN ME. *too cheesy for this time of the morning? yes! But what the hell!?

over a year ago

"Hey Woody

Sorry you had a last minute cancellation, that can't have been great. But, it does sound like you turned the night around! I love staying away in a hotel by myself, even more so if they have a spa. And a really good buffet for the morning.

I've never really been properly cancelled on. Or ever stood up. The one time it kind of happened I was quite sad about it. So I hope you're okay. x"

I’m fine. I actually had a really nice night. it wasn’t what I wanted, but I got what I needed.

*hands mic to Mick Jagger….

One for the Stones fans.

over a year ago

"Always have a plan B.

From today, this is my exact idea of a plans b … or as I now call it PLAN ME. *too cheesy for this time of the morning? yes! But what the hell!? "

I can already imagine the made for tv movie

over a year ago

"Always have a plan B. "

Always have a back up plan. Such as you've done OP.

By *unthum62Man
over a year ago

Benidorm

Thats a good attitude. One thing that is pretty certain in this world is that people will let you down.

Especially when meeting off online sites.

Always take the positives from it because dwelling on dissapointment will drag you down.

Sounds like a chilled and relaxing evening.

By *ucks Couple UKCouple
over a year ago

Bucks

"Good for you dude

The weather has put all my golf pals off and H is already out doing her Saturday commitments so I find myself with nothing on until late afternoon again "

Fair weather golfers. My friends are like that. Light weights.

J

By *BootyfulDayWoman
over a year ago

Aw sorry to hear that woody but I love that you have such a positive attitude!

I do enjoy a hotel break by myself, especially is there is a bath

over a year ago

"Good for you dude

The weather has put all my golf pals off and H is already out doing her Saturday commitments so I find myself with nothing on until late afternoon again

Fair weather golfers. My friends are like that. Light weights.

J"

Haha.

By *oiluvfunMan
over a year ago

Penrith

Sorry to hear your meet cancelled on you mate, but glad you carried on regardless and made the most of it! A break from routine is a break, and a change of scenery is always good too. Keep your chin up, there’s always another time!

over a year ago

Don't have any arrangements so no let downs to worry about.

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

"Here’s my tale. I’m current sat in a lovely hotel room after a lovely nights sleep, and I’ve got my second coffee in my hand and will soon be able to take a shower and not worry about tidying anything after me. But this happened after a cancelled meet from Fab. (Yes, another one) I did get warning and I did have the chance to cancel the booking. But I didn’t, I was looking forward to getting away, I went for the meal that I’d promised myself (alone, I know!) and drinks in my room

Singles - do you have more let downs than people following through with arrangements? Or vice-versa?"

lol oh well i have a hotel booked or should i say rescheduled on my own but i don't mind being on my own, sorry your date let you down mind, theirs always next time, i haven't been let down recently but I've had my share in the past

By *host63Man
over a year ago

Bedfont Feltham

Let downs as asingle..always.aee.a.fact of life unfortunately. O too try to be positive but the last year cynicism with the lifestyle is kicking in.

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

I can't comment on percentages but I've never had a no show or been one in six years here.

The closest I've come has been when one woman who used to complain about being constantly stood up agreed to meet for coffee.

When I texted the day before to confirm the time and location she claimed to have no knowledge of ever arranging the meet. She then displayed a new veri the next day so I knew I had been plan B and would have been stood up if I had actually gone ahead without texting first.

On another occasion a woman cancelled due to work pressures and once again a fresh veri the following day which actually named the coffee shop we were to meet in and confirmed it had been a spur of the moment meet.

Apparently he was a better option and once again I was Plan B.

I don't class those as no shows as they were cancelled in advance but I was more than comfortable saying no when they came back asking to meet at a later stage.

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

"Always have a plan B.

It’s also not dragging around a crooner singing in my ear about the defamation of Strickland banks. Yes sugar it’s a travesty of justice I get it. "

This!

I used to travel a lot with work. Its actually linked to how I met Fox.

I did the usual thing of planning meets in advance, putting up posts, changing the location on my profile so I'd show in local updates.

Most meets went ahead as planned. But when nothing ended up getting arranged, or something fell through, I always had a back up plan. Whether that was to go to a local bar or club (vanilla), take in a film or in summer to just grab some wine and munchies and fo sit on the beach watching the sun set.

There's always a 'plan B' option available (unless you've booked into a hotel on motorway services of course....) that doesn't have to involve another potential meet.

Make the most of every situation. There's nothing worse than wasting an entire evening because plans fall through due to circumstances beyond your control.

A

over a year ago

Great attitude Woody, glad you had a decent night. When I've met anyone from Fab it's always been in a place where I could do something interesting on my own if things fell through.

By *ong-leggedblondWoman
over a year ago

Next Door

I've had a few that have cancelled on the day of social and a few who have ghosted me on here after loads of chat with us both wanting up.

These have mainly been from (fab)single gents.

Im now reluctant to even arrange a social, or travel great distance to meet anyone.

I Would rather go to an arranged group social or post a meet if I'm going to a club.

By *eroLondonMan
over a year ago

Mayfair

Solitude and calmness, alone in a hotel room, for whatever reason or happenstance that brought you there. Time with yourself and for yourself, without agenda or a predetermined outcome.

This sounds like bliss to me, Woody.

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

It’s not happened to me but it’s very rare I’d book a hotel to meet a stranger unless I was 100% sure they would turn up

Last time I did, she sent the first message and it was textbook quality. Lots of great verifications and no excuses when I asked for her number to call her within a couple of hours of first message. I booked and fucked within 24 hours - no doubt in my mind she wouldn’t show up

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

Yes... I've had so many make positive noises about socials this week to just not put anything concrete in place.

One positive experience though, so that's a win!

I think it's good to treat yourself to a night away on your own.

By *ornycougaWoman
over a year ago

Wherever I lay my hat

Sorry to hear you were let down Woody - you deserve better. I do love the occasional luxury of a night away in a hotel on my own to do whatever I please so I hope you are enjoying your mini-break.

By *immy PMan
over a year ago

notts via worksop

bad arrows...

must admit i sometimes love my own company. a night in a hotel with some good food sounds good..

it's when the voices answer back you just need to be careful...

over a year ago

That sucks when it wasn't what you had planned, sorry. I do love a hotel room to myself for the night though. Glad you made the most of it

By *ixieAndHerKingCouple
over a year ago

Debauchery

Last year I frequently booked a night in a hotel for me to escape, chill, take photos and generally just have some quality time with my toys (got to make them feel valued I feel...) Fixing a meet would come second, that way I wouldn't feel disappointed if it didn't happen

Cherry x

over a year ago

Sorry to here you got let down

For me if travelling and hotel

I have a couple off options if it happens shour it’s easier for me than it is for single guys

But if it dose happen

I will fly the meet now flag for a hour or 2 and see what pops up and take the first offer that comes to hand to salvage the night

If that dosent work

I head to the closest bar and see I can pull that way

Hugs this happened hopefully your ok

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

Never had a no show! Had a couple of last minute cancellations but only have a coffee/social drink to start a 10 min walk from me at our local designer village so can browse the shops x

over a year ago

"bad arrows...

must admit i sometimes love my own company. a night in a hotel with some good food sounds good..

it's when the voices answer back you just need to be careful..."

By *gent CoulsonMan
over a year ago

Secret hideaway in the pennines

Every cloud has a silver lining Woody, at least you got away for the night, not what you expect, but glad you made the most of it.

I am in Leeds tonight at the organised social and have a hotel room booked, but no planned meet, and no real intention of looking for one.

If anything happens, it will be a bonus

By *ustBoWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

So far I have never had a no show on here.I always meet for a social first before anything else will happen and I tend to chat for a while before I meet anyone.

Sometimes someone I meet regularly has had to change plans or I have had to but we always let each other know in advance it might happen.It is never a big deal though as we both know life can get in the way sometimes.

In saying that if I had booked a hotel I would have done what you did OP and went and enjoyed a night away.

I wouldn't book a hotel room though if I hadn't met the person before as I've seen too often people being let down by others.

over a year ago

Also known as a B+

Post new Message to Thread