Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Lending someone money

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Have you ever done it ?

Would you help someone out again or have you learned by it and decided you would never do it again?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

over a year ago

I guess none of you were stupid enough like me to do it

By *litterbabeWoman
over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

Not everybody is online at 12:15am on a Friday in order to reply to you.

I have loaned people money, I have learnt by it and I won't be doing it again. They appealed to me in a way that I really felt for them, but it was just a con.

I'm ok with it because they must have been in such a bad position to have abused trust like that. But I won't be taken in like that again.

By *mma29Couple
over a year ago

wirral

I have dome with a small amount of people in trust and it was made clear when it would be paid back.

You should never have to chase people for money if you have borrowed them it. They should be ring you and arranging payment.

By *9alMan
over a year ago

Bridgend

yes I have done it & not been paid back , it is not a good experience

By *utual InterestsMan
over a year ago

Kent

Yes, have loaned extended family plenty on basis it's returned but never seen a penny back.

Also help out a colleague who is in the shit and in a rut with money because I really like her but in hindsight shouldn't have done it as its unrequited feelings and I know it.... but I can't help but try to help anyway but I am sucker.

By *eavy Metal BallzMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

"Have you ever done it ?

Would you help someone out again or have you learned by it and decided you would never do it again?"

I’ve learnt/been told never loan somebody money if you can’t afford not to have it repaid.

Unfortunately some people have no problem appealing to people’s good nature and generosity.

over a year ago

He hasn't paid me back, but he can afford to eat out most days and get pissed in the pub every night.

It's very annoying. Never ever again.

By *aptain Caveman41Man
over a year ago

Home

Just don't

By *ove2pleaseseukMan
over a year ago

Hastings

"I guess none of you were stupid enough like me to do it "

No done it to family have all the paperwork and now might have to do a claim cort to get it back.

By *ightkitty4uWoman
over a year ago

Epsom

Leant a friend 1k to pay off a pay day loan… I stupidly said don’t great about paying me back pay me when you can…. Took forever to get the money back and a free arguments were had along the way. She even told me when I asked for some money, I told her I had none to buy food etc… she said I’m not a cash machine use your savings! Yes out a strain on our friendship

Another friend currently owes me £400, she was short with a mortgage payment gave me the sob story…. So I stepped up…. This was jan/Feb 2016… still not got the money back but she was in an abusive relationship and has since left him…

She did however ask to borrow £100 earlier this month, something about being short for the mortgage was mentioned…. I told her no I don’t have £100

It does put a strain on the friendships and someone since told me, you lend money don’t expect it back. So I don’t lend anymore

By *oubleswing2019Man
over a year ago

Colchester

Nope never. And never will do either.

There are banks if people want loans.

They are specifically designed to loan money, and can afford to take the hit if they don't get paid. They have legal ways and means to recoup their losses.

Tell 'em to use a bank.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

The only people we have loaned money to are our children. Nobody else has ever asked for more than the odd fiver when they've forgotten their wallet.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

If you’re going to loan money, assume you’ll never get it back.

If you’re okay with that, then go for it otherwise don’t bother!

over a year ago

He phoned me tonight and asked me for more. He was d*unk in the pub.

Ffs he's asking me for money and I can't afford to the lifestyle he lives.

By *ittlemissmistressKCouple
over a year ago

Southampton

"He phoned me tonight and asked me for more. He was d*unk in the pub.

Ffs he's asking me for money and I can't afford to the lifestyle he lives."

Tell him to fuck off then block his number

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Ffs he's asking me for money and I can't afford to the lifestyle he lives."

Are you going to give it to him?

By *amierebelMan
over a year ago

nae danger.

[Removed by poster at 14/01/23 01:32:14]

By *amierebelMan
over a year ago

nae danger.

I tend not to loan big amounts now but have a few times before never got paid back to extent just told them to forget it and never lent them again now its only selected people who have helped me out that I help out, teaches you who your real mates are etc always tends to be mates that don't pay back

over a year ago

Tell him to fuck off then block his number "

Yeah I felt like it

over a year ago

Are you going to give it to him?"

I don't want to give out any more. Its an awkward situation.

I'll get it back, but it's going to take a long time.

By *ohn123456789999Man
over a year ago

hastings

1 thing I have learnt from lending money is its easiest way to get rid of so called friends

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS
over a year ago

Stockport

I have, a couple of times to very close trusted friends. Both times they were in a hole and needed a hand up to get out of it, both times it was my suggestion. Once was a fairly small sum, but it made the difference to get my friend over a life hiccup.

The other was a much larger sum to a different friend, but in this case we drew up a proper legal document as an interest free loan but with a definite payback date - this made sure that we kept friendship and money properly separated, ensuring there could be no confusion to cause trouble. The loan allowed my friend to escape from a very bad situation (nothing illegal, but some of the crap that life sometimes buries us under) and was repaid the first moment they were able to, even before the original agreed time period.

I have no regrets about these instances, which helped people that I love when nobody else would help them.

However lending to random mates in the pub? I might lend a fiver with no great expectation of seeing it again, but I wouldn't lend a tenner.

Polly xxx

over a year ago

I'm always lending money to some lady friends and they give me a hand in return.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Are you going to give it to him?

I don't want to give out any more. Its an awkward situation.

I'll get it back, but it's going to take a long time."

It usually is awkward where money's concerned.

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple
over a year ago

Leeds

Depends who’s asking. Some I will if I know they’re good for it but others I won’t if I know it’s just going to be hassle.

The mr

By *orphia2003Woman
over a year ago

Tonypandy.

Loaned a good friend money. Got burnt, now taking him to court.

By *rFoxAndXenoCouple
over a year ago

Weymouth

"He hasn't paid me back, but he can afford to eat out most days and get pissed in the pub every night.

It's very annoying. Never ever again. "

I feel this. Loaned a close friend a little bit of money supposedly for electric so her little girls could watch TV. Found out later it ended up going up her nose!

over a year ago

I've loaned money to few friends in the past, mostly worked put well but can definitely ruin relationships.

over a year ago

Nope, don't do it.

See it as a gift.

over a year ago

Family only

By *innie The MinxWoman
over a year ago

Under the Duvet

Never lend more than you can afford to lose.

By *oddess NailaWoman
over a year ago

London & Edinburgh

I’ve loaned plenty of people money and it’s all been/being paid back, probably amounts to almost £40k if not more over last 10 years.

All have been clearly provided as a loan with high level agreement through email or WhatsApp on when and how it will be paid back though I don’t ever chase.

I have full faith in my friends and family I give money to, if they’re the type to be irresponsible I don’t enable them but try to help them understand where they can make life changes. If they are going through a hard time then I’d give the money on the basis that if I never saw it again it wouldn’t be the end of the world

There have been times where I’ve really struggled and friends and family have come through for me so I’m just paying it forward

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

I wouldn’t unless it was family to help with a deposit for a house, or to start/grow a business but then would more likely be an investment not a loan.

I don’t personally believe using using credit for anything else so wouldn’t encourage it by providing it. I would rather help them out with advice & a gift if I could so they don’t need credit.

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

My late dad said don't lend it unless you can afford to lose it

over a year ago

I've lent small amounts, most gets paid back

over a year ago

Lent to three people in recent years. One Was a small amount and she paid me back as soon as she was next paid, one was a larger amount and she is still paying me back, and the last one borrowed twice and she is like the OP's "friend", always in the pub and will pay me "at the end of the month"...no indication which month though.

So, the first two I would lend to again, the third, never lending to again.

By *ubmissiveman2uMan
over a year ago

Cheshire

Never a lender or borrower be....

Trust me am 25k down.....

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

I've loaned amounts of money from £10 to £10,000.

Most months someone asks to borrow money from me.

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

"I've loaned amounts of money from £10 to £10,000.

Most months someone asks to borrow money from me.

"

If it's my grandchildren asking for small amounts I tell them to keep it.

An in law paid me back a small amount today that they said they would.

By *obyn GravesTV/TS
over a year ago

1127 walnut avenue

Yep.. didn't get it back... though I stole a load of his records and CDs as compensation.. some which are worth far more than what I lent him at the time.. to some that may sound harsh...but I feel no guilt stealing from those who steal..

over a year ago

Years ago my best friend borrowed a very small amount but then refused to pay it back. The amount was trivial but the principle behind it ended that friendship.

By *elvet RopeMan
over a year ago

by the big field

I’ve known all of my closest friends for well over a decade, one for over 30 years- there’s only half a dozen of them.

I know that if they got to the point of needing to ask for money, they’re really deeply in the shit with something as we’ve always had a strong code of paying a fair share for anything.

These few I’d help out without question as I know they’ll pay the debt back either financially or some other way

By *uffolkcouple-bi onlyCouple
over a year ago

West Suffolk

Are you meaning people from Fab or friends and family?

I’d never loan anyone on here money, you’d never see it again….. but friends and family, yes, numerous times. Nearly always got it back but on the rare occasions I haven’t it wasn’t an amount I’d worry about losing.

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

If I have it and they genuinely need it then I'll offer.

Only ever had a problem with it nearly 40 years ago when I lent someone £30 so they could get to an art college interview and they never paid it back.

over a year ago

"He hasn't paid me back, but he can afford to eat out most days and get pissed in the pub every night.

It's very annoying. Never ever again. "

Is this person family or a friend ?

By *acheltv1956TV/TS
over a year ago

Chatham

Only lend money if you are ok that you may not get it back. I have lent or given money to a few friends knowing that I was unlikely to be reimbursed but they were in genuine dire situations.

By *hinstrapMan
over a year ago

Barnsley

I have done it a fair few times. I have had people repay it with no problems and have been greatful. I have had people take the piss and it wont be offered again again to them . I don't like to see people struggle if I can loan them something . Maybe that's a bad thing

By *ittlebirdWoman
over a year ago

The Big Smoke

OP I was taught a really important lesson early in life by my dad. He said “only ever lend money you can afford to lose”

Hope this helps

over a year ago

I have been the borrower. From a lifelong friend. It was paid back. I have also been the lender and as I’m no longer friends with her I haven’t been paid back. As we parted ways her last words were “you’ll get your money, as I’m no being known as a free loader….” Still waiting - was £50 but that’s a lot when you have zero savings.

By *piderBunnyCouple
over a year ago

Back of Nowhere and Beyond

If I have money I'll lend it, or give it if I know the person really needs it. And I've been burned more often than not, yet I won't change who I am because of it.

I thoroughly agree with not lending anything you can't afford to give away, and that's exactly how I roll. Back in 2019 I lent a friend nearly £2000 because I had a windfall. He swore he would pay it back, even a little a month. I've never seen any of it. For the last 18 months I have been completely skint. Ridiculously so. And this friend keeps claiming be doesn't have anything. Is completely skint. Yet in the last 9 months he has had a new (to him) car, twice, a £550 puppy and sent his fiancee and 2 kids to Disney World for 10 days.

In the meantime, I'm not entirely sure how I'm going to buy my dogs food until the end of the month, let alone me.

People suck. But I'll still lend if I have it.

Posh

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

No, never again. Lost a very good friend over it. Begged for money to pay for gas, turned out she had a gambling problem. Never paid me back.

Never lend unless you can afford not to be paid back.

I hate borrowing too.

By *vilgasamWoman
over a year ago

The dot in the i

Yes, a friend of my fathers, all last year at least twice a month, the biggest lump I think I gave was 200, she kept asking to lend and he gave as a gift.

Today they asked for the first time this year after she’s been awol for two weeks, with an hour of dad replying she asked again, I said no, I can’t do that again this year, it was easily 2k last year given away, I cannot keep up. Feel like crap for having to say no but fuck, enough is enough

By *anae21Woman
over a year ago

Nearer than you think

Done it twice. A female friend paid it back exactly as agreed, no hassle.

An ex boyfriend didn't, and it got very awkward and i had to involve his mother to recoup my costs.

I've learned!

over a year ago

It's very annoying. Never ever again.

Is this person family or a friend ?"

Family

over a year ago

If I borrowed money or anything else from someone it's constantly on my mind, until I give it back ASAP. But some people just don't care.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 14/01/23 12:15:14]

over a year ago

In case anyone is thinking of lending money, get it written on a piece of paper, your name, their name, dated, the amount & a date you expect it to be returned by. That way if it’s not returned you can take them to a small claims court to get it back. That piece of paper is a legal document and the lender keeps it. You can also note at the bottom dates and amounts of what was paid back, if any, keep all receipts if you think you will end up in court, and both sign it

By *ucka39Man
over a year ago

Newcastle

Those I've trusted yes and haven't had the need to chase them for it. No set time to repay but something as and when

By *ellinever70Woman
over a year ago

Ayrshire

"In case anyone is thinking of lending money, get it written on a piece of paper, your name, their name, dated, the amount & a date you expect it to be returned by. That way if it’s not returned you can take them to a small claims court to get it back. That piece of paper is a legal document and the lender keeps it. You can also note at the bottom dates and amounts of what was paid back, if any, keep all receipts if you think you will end up in court, and both sign it "

I think if you're having to go to these lengths when considering it, it's probably best to just say you can't/won't lend them it

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

"In case anyone is thinking of lending money, get it written on a piece of paper, your name, their name, dated, the amount & a date you expect it to be returned by. That way if it’s not returned you can take them to a small claims court to get it back. That piece of paper is a legal document and the lender keeps it. You can also note at the bottom dates and amounts of what was paid back, if any, keep all receipts if you think you will end up in court, and both sign it

I think if you're having to go to these lengths when considering it, it's probably best to just say you can't/won't lend them it"

You won’t be able to use small claims because you broke the law.

You’ll get in a lot of trouble if you offer any type of credit agreements without a credit licence

over a year ago

"If I borrowed money or anything else from someone it's constantly on my mind, until I give it back ASAP. But some people just don't care."

Same.

I used to lend money but people 'forget' to pay it back. Even like £1 for a coffee if they don't have their purse.

It's not the amount, it's the principle.

over a year ago

I never lend as it's simpler to give the money to someone. And if I couldn't afford that or don't know them well enough, then I probably wouldn't be lending in the first place.

By *an1978Woman
over a year ago

GONE/TIMEOUT (No DMs please)

I would only lend what I don't expect back.

I've paid for a taxi for people who "forgot" their wallet.

Paid for a hotel room for someone who missed the last bus.

They all said they would come pay me back and never did.

Now I'm less inclined to lend, but if a friend needed money for fuel or food I would still help out, because in the past I've been to rock bottom with not enough money for food and bills.

By *ucka39Man
over a year ago

Newcastle

"In case anyone is thinking of lending money, get it written on a piece of paper, your name, their name, dated, the amount & a date you expect it to be returned by. That way if it’s not returned you can take them to a small claims court to get it back. That piece of paper is a legal document and the lender keeps it. You can also note at the bottom dates and amounts of what was paid back, if any, keep all receipts if you think you will end up in court, and both sign it

I think if you're having to go to these lengths when considering it, it's probably best to just say you can't/won't lend them it

You’ll get in a lot of trouble if you offer any type of credit agreements without a credit licence "

A written agreement can be taken to court to recover said payment. You don't need a credit licence because it's not a business just something between two people

By *host63Man
over a year ago

Bedfont Feltham

"Have you ever done it ?

Would you help someone out again or have you learned by it and decided you would never do it again?"

Yes I have and have had the piss taken and that includes former Girlfriends so I am never doing it again. Trying to do the right thing and help never ends well

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

You’ll get in a lot of trouble if you offer any type of credit agreements without a credit licence

A written agreement can be taken to court to recover said payment. You don't need a credit licence because it's not a business just something between two people "

Lending money is very tightly regulated. The moment you make a formal legal agreement it’s commercial and there are rules like making sure the person is advised correctly etc . Also your agreement would likely not be legally binding

By *ucka39Man
over a year ago

Newcastle

A written agreement would be classified as the highest piece of evidence any court would prefer to see makes things simple for them

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

And it doesn’t matter where interest in charged or not - sharia credit is regulated in the uk too.

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

"A written agreement would be classified as the highest piece of evidence any court would prefer to see makes things simple for them "

Try it.

There’s a box on lower left the small claim form where you put your basil for claim and your legal rep has to agree. Breaking of contractual t&c is the standard. I’ve done enough if these to know what is allowed, you cannot sue for non payment of credit without a credit agreement, you cannot wrote an agreement without a licence

By *ucka39Man
over a year ago

Newcastle

"A written agreement would be classified as the highest piece of evidence any court would prefer to see makes things simple for them

Try it.

There’s a box on lower left the small claim form where you put your basil for claim and your legal rep has to agree. Breaking of contractual t&c is the standard. I’ve done enough if these to know what is allowed, you cannot sue for non payment of credit without a credit agreement, you cannot wrote an agreement without a licence "

A written agreement becomes a contract that a person agrees to. yes you pay legal fees to recover but can get the cost back from other party

over a year ago

"A written agreement would be classified as the highest piece of evidence any court would prefer to see makes things simple for them

Try it.

There’s a box on lower left the small claim form where you put your basil for claim and your legal rep has to agree. Breaking of contractual t&c is the standard. I’ve done enough if these to know what is allowed, you cannot sue for non payment of credit without a credit agreement, you cannot wrote an agreement without a licence

A written agreement becomes a contract that a person agrees to. yes you pay legal fees to recover but can get the cost back from other party "

I've heard of this before and to avoid paying anything they declared themselves bankrupt

By *ucka39Man
over a year ago

Newcastle

Try it.

A written agreement becomes a contract that a person agrees to. yes you pay legal fees to recover but can get the cost back from other party

I've heard of this before and to avoid paying anything they declared themselves bankrupt "

If struggling to pay cost can be given reduced amount to pursue

By *es_ivebeen_hereb4Man
over a year ago

I'm always around here

"Have you ever done it ?

Where do I start... Helped my brother out with money, cars etc and nothing has ever come back, do I expect it, after the first few times no.

Helped a few friends out(well thought they were friends) and never been repaid.

Will I do again, don't know is the answer, probably depends who and why now..

By *ayHaychMan
over a year ago

Leeds (Home) / Sheffield (Work)

I would to someone I trust, but also would put some legal documentation in place to protect everyone.

By *etcplCouple
over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

Sadly money can ruin a lot of friendships.

Never lend/spend what you cannot afford to lose, and be prepared for people to take advantage of your generosity / good nature.

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

Yeah, given my brother and mother money intended to be repaid. Obviously not repaid. I've given my Dad money or bought him things but I don't expect him to repay due to his circumstances being a pensioner of 82 and with dementia. He cannot increase his income to repay me.

over a year ago

Not necessarily loaned money, but helped others out in other ways only for them to show utter disrespect and take the piss.

Lesson learned

over a year ago

You’ll get in a lot of trouble if you offer any type of credit agreements without a credit licence "

That’s BS! it’s legal to lend a friend money. It’s called a private loan.

“ After addressing any questions & you still want to make the loan, you will probably have thought of a number of conditions in the process. Hence it is clear to see why a written agreement is a good idea. By setting out your conditions in writing, both you and the borrower can agree with full awareness of those terms and the repayment.

If the borrower does not stick to the terms of the agreement, it is your choice as to how to proceed. The first step is to talk to them – establish what the problem is and whether you can resolve it between you. You may wish to vary the terms in the initial agreement (to give them more time to repay, for example). In this case you must both sign the updated agreement with witnesses present.

If the agreement has been breached and you decide you want to get your money back, you can take legal action. For amounts less than £5,000 you should first approach the Small Claims Court or Money Claim Online”

By *igertigerCouple (MM)
over a year ago

cc hotel

I find it seldom gets repaid, but would still help someone out.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Apart from the odd £10 here and there I've never been asked to lend money. It's always been paid back

over a year ago

“ After addressing any questions & you still want to make the loan, you will probably have thought of a number of conditions in the process. Hence it is clear to see why a written agreement is a good idea. By setting out your conditions in writing, both you and the borrower can agree with full awareness of those terms and the repayment.

If the borrower does not stick to the terms of the agreement, it is your choice as to how to proceed. The first step is to talk to them – establish what the problem is and whether you can resolve it between you. You may wish to vary the terms in the initial agreement (to give them more time to repay, for example). In this case you must both sign the updated agreement with witnesses present.

If the agreement has been breached and you decide you want to get your money back, you can take legal action. For amounts less than £5,000 you should first approach the Small Claims Court or Money Claim Online”"

I was going to say, anyone reading this bollox on here thinking it is sound legal advice would do better to do a quick Google search, where you will find articles written by real lawyers. Looks like you can sue, proof is the issue, and even when an agreement is verbal there may be things that indicate that an agreement was in place.

C.

By *icolerobbieCouple
over a year ago

walsall

You can’t beat a bit of fab legal advice…

over a year ago

If the agreement has been breached and you decide you want to get your money back, you can take legal action. For amounts less than £5,000 you should first approach the Small Claims Court or Money Claim Online”

I was going to say, anyone reading this bollox on here thinking it is sound legal advice would do better to do a quick Google search, where you will find articles written by real lawyers. Looks like you can sue, proof is the issue, and even when an agreement is verbal there may be things that indicate that an agreement was in place.

C. "

That was written by a lawyer so not bollox - case closed

over a year ago

We have helped out various family members and friends in the past, and accepted help ourselves when we’ve needed it.

As a general rule though, we’ve given it away with no obligation, but in doing so have almost always got it back.

The only real advice we can give though, is to avoid accepting advice from a bunch of strangers on the internet

over a year ago

I would offer to "lend" money to a very few close friends if I thought they might need it. I would have no expectation of getting it back, to my mind it would be a gift, as if I'm giving it in the first place it's because I consider them to be in need of financial support and I can afford to oblige. It's not an investment.

By *rontier PsychiatristMan
over a year ago

Coventry

I've lent money before to family. I never lend what I can't afford to lose. And if I can that makes me happy as I hate the thought of them paying intrest to a bank or loan company. When people pay me back as a agreed I tend to keep lending to them. Not so much anyone who proves to be unreliable.

Now tools and my things that's a totally different matter. I suppose it all goes back to my childhood when I had toys that were a struggle to get back or come back damaged or generally not looked after in the way I took care of them. Not that I won't lend my tools and things just I'm picky who I do lend them too and generally it causes me some anxiety where money doesn't.

By *2000ManMan
over a year ago

Worthing

I've helped brothers out in time of need. One will not be getting any more financial help though unfortunately.

By *ecky and justCouple
over a year ago

Godalming

Loaned money to my brother years ago.

He acted as if I was the bad one when asking for it back, broke our relationship for many years.

Loaned a lot of money to my company, a bridging loan between investments. Had to get legal to get the money back.

I don’t loan to anyone now.

By *oah VailMan
over a year ago

Dover

"I would offer to "lend" money to a very few close friends if I thought they might need it. I would have no expectation of getting it back, to my mind it would be a gift, as if I'm giving it in the first place it's because I consider them to be in need of financial support and I can afford to oblige. It's not an investment."

I’ve just found myself in this situation. Close mate, very poor physical health, very strained finances, despite living like a church mouse. Whenever I call round to see him I have to remember to take some tea/coffee and fresh milk etc because he’ll have nothing in the cupboard to spare. I sold a motorcycle the other day, and made a little money on it, so I gave him that profit as it was money I hadn’t been anticipating and didn’t need myself. If you don’t help your mates when they’re properly in the shit, you’re not much of a mate I don’t think. I might get it back, one day, maybe, but I gave it freely with no expectations of seeing it again.

over a year ago

id only lend what i'd be prepared to loose.

over a year ago

I think it completely depends on the situation and person. I don't make a habit of it but if someone needs help for something important I'm more than happy to give as long as I know they aren't taking advantage of me.

I've never been one to lend out loads of money as we don't have much... so I don't expect it back if I give out a fiver or tenner etc.

over a year ago

C.

That was written by a lawyer so not bollox - case closed "

I was agreeing with you.

C.

By *uriousscouserWoman
over a year ago

Wirral

I have loaned money to family and one friend in the past, and I would do so again.

I treat it not as a loan but as a gift, that way if they pay it back it's a lovely surprise, but if they don't I've not lent anything I can't afford to lose.

By *icked Game You PlayMan
over a year ago

Perth

Wise words,never lend a friend money.Doesn’t matter if it’s £20 or £200,when it’s not returned and it’s biting you for weeks and you’ve been in each other’s company umpteen times all trust is gone.

By *asterR and slut mayaMan
over a year ago

Bradford

I lend based on the if I get it back great .if I don't that's life .and the risk you take.

By *hePerkyPumpkinTV/TS
over a year ago

Bristol

I lend my family money all the time. I know they'll pay me back when they can.

Anyone else I would be wary of.

By *929Man
over a year ago

newcastle

I have a good mate who’s shit with money and he every know and again borrows small amounts often if we meet for drinks he will run out of money after an hour or ao but he always pays back as soon as he gets paid so don’t mind would only ever lend really close friends though

Post new Message to Thread