Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Your driver …..

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Sorry it’s not sexual …..

But with work do you choose job security or job satisfaction as priority?

Curious like George

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ove2pleaseseukMan
over a year ago

Hastings

In come self employed so no security has to be the right money.

Shallow I know but my satisfaction is the amount on the invoice at the end of the week.

By *reyToTheFairiesWoman
over a year ago

Carlisle usually

Always satisfaction.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Security. I don’t particularly like it but I’m a full time single parent so it’s more out of necessity than anything

over a year ago

Neither really. It’s always about pay for me.

The things I find satisfying I usually do outside of my main job. And I don’t like having a secure job, I quite like quick in and out. Contracting, consulting, one off projects. Something that’s going to pay enough for me to enjoy my life outside of work.

Really need to merge the two together at some point (passion and payment)

By *penbicoupleCouple
over a year ago

Northampton

Both, but satisfaction comes first.

It's insane to me to think of spending the majority of my time doing something I despise.

over a year ago

"Neither really. It’s always about pay for me.

The things I find satisfying I usually do outside of my main job. And I don’t like having a secure job, I quite like quick in and out. Contracting, consulting, one off projects. Something that’s going to pay enough for me to enjoy my life outside of work.

Really need to merge the two together at some point (passion and payment)"

It’s what makes the world turn after all they say

over a year ago

"Both, but satisfaction comes first.

It's insane to me to think of spending the majority of my time doing something I despise. "

Too true…. Got to enjoy what you spend most of your living life doing …

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

When we were younger and had responsibilities to children, mortgage lenders etc we chose security. To be tempted back into work now I'd need job satisfaction but I can't think of anything that could equal the satisfaction of waking up on a Monday morning and knowing I don't have to go to work

By *host63Man
over a year ago

Bedfont Feltham

"Sorry it’s not sexual …..

Curious like George "

I have always had regular unexciting work. I pour my energy I'm having a full life outside of that with my own interests. I always took the view of work to live not live to work.

This year I will be eight from permanent retirement and look forward to my last after.

By *host63Man
over a year ago

Bedfont Feltham

Curious like George "

I have always had regular unexciting work. I pour my energy I'm having a full life outside of that with my own interests. I always took the view of work to live not live to work.

This year I will be eight from permanent retirement and look forward to my life after, and I am making plans for that

over a year ago

"When we were younger and had responsibilities to children, mortgage lenders etc we chose security. To be tempted back into work now I'd need job satisfaction but I can't think of anything that could equal the satisfaction of waking up on a Monday morning and knowing I don't have to go to work"

Oh my …absolutely agree I can’t wait to get that retirement started….

over a year ago

I’m retiring at 55 while I still have two fully functioning knees

over a year ago

For me job satisfaction, that’s why I have just managed to get back into the field I have always loved (sorry can’t be any more specific)

Clyde is the same, he quit his job of 25 years on the spot and then set up his own business, that was 6 years ago and no looking back.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"When we were younger and had responsibilities to children, mortgage lenders etc we chose security. To be tempted back into work now I'd need job satisfaction but I can't think of anything that could equal the satisfaction of waking up on a Monday morning and knowing I don't have to go to work

Oh my …absolutely agree I can’t wait to get that retirement started…. "

I think it's a great sentiment to say that job satisfaction is a requirement but in reality the majority of us need to work in fairly mundane occupations finding satisfaction if we can or just sort of enduring it, in order to support the people who are doing the things they love as their main source of income.

Towards the end of my working life various factors conspired to make my job so boring that I dreaded going to work. I used to get quite annoyed at people who told me "do something you love and you'll never work a day in your life". Well that's a great sentiment but not everyone is that lucky, someone needs to be on the deli counter dreaming of getting home and doing the stuff they really love

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

"When we were younger and had responsibilities to children, mortgage lenders etc we chose security. To be tempted back into work now I'd need job satisfaction but I can't think of anything that could equal the satisfaction of waking up on a Monday morning and knowing I don't have to go to work

I think it's a great sentiment to say that job satisfaction is a requirement but in reality the majority of us need to work in fairly mundane occupations finding satisfaction if we can or just sort of enduring it, in order to support the people who are doing the things they love as their main source of income.

Towards the end of my working life various factors conspired to make my job so boring that I dreaded going to work. I used to get quite annoyed at people who told me "do something you love and you'll never work a day in your life". Well that's a great sentiment but not everyone is that lucky, someone needs to be on the deli counter dreaming of getting home and doing the stuff they really love "

awwww but to be fair it is a shame to have to endure a job you hate, my first career turned into this but my last career has been so rewarding not just in salary but i love it

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

And PS retirement is great, the only job I've ever had that I never want to give up

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Towards the end of my working life various factors conspired to make my job so boring that I dreaded going to work. I used to get quite annoyed at people who told me "do something you love and you'll never work a day in your life". Well that's a great sentiment but not everyone is that lucky, someone needs to be on the deli counter dreaming of getting home and doing the stuff they really love awwww but to be fair it is a shame to have to endure a job you hate, my first career turned into this but my last career has been so rewarding not just in salary but i love it "

Good .

Lots of people are in jobs they endure rather than like or love. It's just the reality of life

over a year ago

Curious like George "

Both.

over a year ago

Satisfaction

By *enrietteandSamCouple
over a year ago

Staffordshire

Taylor made sim 2.

By *lderflowerappleWoman
over a year ago

Basingstoke

Security.

Highly experienced role means it would be difficult to move into something I'm passionate about without a huge drop in income (I really have considered it many times!)

As a single income household I just couldn't afford to lose that security while I'm still paying a mortgage etc.

over a year ago

"Taylor made sim 2.

"

Stealth.

By *istyPeaksCouple
over a year ago

braintree

I guess I’m fortunate. I genuinely would volunteer in my profession if I could afford to.

So I’m a lucky one who gets paid (albeit very very poorly) for job satisfaction.

By *riel13Woman
over a year ago

Northampton

There's no such thing as job security anymore so, satisfaction

over a year ago

"For me job satisfaction, that’s why I have just managed to get back into the field I have always loved (sorry can’t be any more specific)

Clyde is the same, he quit his job of 25 years on the spot and then set up his own business, that was 6 years ago and no looking back."

Fortune favours the brave and all that

over a year ago

Curious like George "

Is it wrong to look for both? I've got lucky with my current job, very satisfied and very secure, but I understand that's not the most common of things.

I think if I had to choose it'd be satisfaction.

over a year ago

"Taylor made sim 2.

"

Pardon?

over a year ago

"There's no such thing as job security anymore so, satisfaction "

I mean there is job security

over a year ago

Curious like George

Is it wrong to look for both? I've got lucky with my current job, very satisfied and very secure, but I understand that's not the most common of things.

I think if I had to choose it'd be satisfaction."

Of course you can have both…that’s the dream…. Just meant if you had to choose

By *sBlueWoman
over a year ago

Up North

Curious like George "

I went from one to the other

By *unx2019Couple
over a year ago

Moray

Was supposed to be both, even took £150 a week pay drop. Now been shafted as they knew selling business at interview but never said, now selling it and making us redundant as they want to retire at 50 odd

over a year ago

Curious like George

I went from one to the other "

Which way?

over a year ago

"Was supposed to be both, even took £150 a week pay drop. Now been shafted as they knew selling business at interview but never said, now selling it and making us redundant as they want to retire at 50 odd "

That’s not ideal

By *assy69Man
over a year ago

West Sussex and Wales

Curious like George "

Some days I have a really crappy time, but I work in this particular field because I love it, even though most people I know think it’s dull as dishwater, and I chose to work for this firm because of their reputation for client service and for looking after their staff. Pay is crap, but I enjoy logging on and starting the work day every day

over a year ago

Curious like George

Some days I have a really crappy time, but I work in this particular field because I love it, even though most people I know think it’s dull as dishwater, and I chose to work for this firm because of their reputation for client service and for looking after their staff. Pay is crap, but I enjoy logging on and starting the work day every day "

Seems like enjoying it is key here

By *assy69Man
over a year ago

West Sussex and Wales

Curious like George

Some days I have a really crappy time, but I work in this particular field because I love it, even though most people I know think it’s dull as dishwater, and I chose to work for this firm because of their reputation for client service and for looking after their staff. Pay is crap, but I enjoy logging on and starting the work day every day

Seems like enjoying it is key here "

Yep, plenty of sleepless nights, and it’s a second career for me, but have never wanted to be doing anything else

By *ove2pleaseseukMan
over a year ago

Hastings

"Neither really. It’s always about pay for me.

Really need to merge the two together at some point (passion and payment)"

I'd love that but what I'm passionate about is poorly paid so for now it's about building a pot to retirement.

over a year ago

"There's no such thing as job security anymore so, satisfaction "

She’s not wrong.

By *ainbow_RoadWoman
over a year ago

Brighton

definately satisfaction.

I work in the arts so its definately not security or high wages

By *ove2pleaseseukMan
over a year ago

Hastings

"definately satisfaction.

I work in the arts so its definately not security or high wages"

What do you do in the arts.

My passion is theater lighting but the last role I went for in London was £35k take off travel and could not afford the move. Was good when young and touring but to ld for that now.

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple
over a year ago

Leeds

Satisfaction. I like where I work and where I work like me. It’s a good combination. Works well, I can’t work with people I don’t like.

The mr

By *etcplCouple
over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

Public transport usually.

Occasional taxi if I am in a hurry or I can’t get there any other way!

By *LIVEANDKICKING100Man
over a year ago

DUBLIN

Self-employed. Not interesting or exciting(property-related stuff) but I'm good at it and I earn a good income for simply working a few mornings a week. The satisfaction comes from a happy customer in the end and getting paid my fees.

All my work comes to me by referrals rather than chasing it, so I must be doing something right.

By *mperiumMan
over a year ago

@

Curious like George "

It's all about the money honey

Post new Message to Thread