Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Things that restore faith in humanity

Jump to newest

By *adyJayne OP   Woman
over a year ago

Burnleyish (She/They)

a thread about strikes turning into people essentially suggesting eugenics, another one on incels...

The forum is a dark place for a Friday today.

So let's have this as a nice warm and fluffy thread...

What have you seen/experienced or done to restore faith in humanity recently?

For me I was shopping the other day, dropped some money out of my pocket. I was completely oblivious till a kindly person tapped me on the shoulder and handed it back...

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ixie BeanMan
over a year ago

Wallasey

Fluffy kittens gumdrops rainbows and smiles .such a deep thought provoking thread

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Last year I encountered someone who was trapped in a job that bordered on being trafficked.

Last week thanks to my help, he started a job in the UK. He's so grateful to have possession of his passport, to have his own space, to come and go as he pleases.

By *ittlebirdWoman
over a year ago

The Big Smoke

Lovely thread OP thank you.

I would say if I need to just feel warm and fluffy then cat in a flip flop is always where I turn. 7 seconds of genius

https://youtu.be/856Gq5YMMF4

By *adyJayne OP   Woman
over a year ago

Burnleyish (She/They)

"Last year I encountered someone who was trapped in a job that bordered on being trafficked.

Last week thanks to my help, he started a job in the UK. He's so grateful to have possession of his passport, to have his own space, to come and go as he pleases. "

That is amazing

By *adyJayne OP   Woman
over a year ago

Burnleyish (She/They)

"Lovely thread OP thank you.

I would say if I need to just feel warm and fluffy then cat in a flip flop is always where I turn. 7 seconds of genius

https://youtu.be/856Gq5YMMF4"

Oh I'm sending that to my boyfriend. He would love it...

My go to videos are things like this ..

Ditzy pandas:

https://youtu.be/D7xWXk5T3-g

Or pictures of red Pandas being defensive (which is the cutest they stand on their hind legs)

By *ittlebirdWoman
over a year ago

The Big Smoke

"Lovely thread OP thank you.

https://youtu.be/856Gq5YMMF4

Oh I'm sending that to my boyfriend. He would love it...

My go to videos are things like this ..

Ditzy pandas:

https://youtu.be/D7xWXk5T3-g

Or pictures of red Pandas being defensive (which is the cutest they stand on their hind legs)

"

Oh red pandas are just the cutest animals aren’t they?

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Last year I encountered someone who was trapped in a job that bordered on being trafficked.

Last week thanks to my help, he started a job in the UK. He's so grateful to have possession of his passport, to have his own space, to come and go as he pleases.

That is amazing "

I'm so proud of him.

And every little thing is wonderful for him at the moment. English is his second language, obviously.

In the last week I taught him the difference between angry and annoyed. I showed him the existence of Argos.

You'd think I'd cured cancer

It's so, so gratifying

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

The children around my local area, the majority of whom appear to have been brought up with good manners and common courtesy

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I never lost my faith in humanity I see it demonstrated all the time. I also see inhumanity everywhere. It was ever thus

By *instonandLadyAstorCouple
over a year ago

Not where we seem to be...

"a thread about strikes turning into people essentially suggesting eugenics, another one on incels...

For me I was shopping the other day, dropped some money out of my pocket. I was completely oblivious till a kindly person tapped me on the shoulder and handed it back... "

A while back in a busy and very nice pub, having lunch.

Table behind us, mum and daughter. Daughter in a wheelchair, sat at the table with a colouring book and felt pens, pointing at a chap on the next table and laughing her head off.

Other diners seem less than pleased.

Man turns around to see what's so funny, mum assumes he's going to complain about the noise and starts to apologise.

The man says no need, it's lovely to hear a child's laughter, what's so funny.

Mum looks embarrassed and the man smiles and presses her for an answer.

Turns out when the daughter has boiled eggs she draws faces on the shell.

The man is bald and the girls laughing because the back of his head looks like an egg.

The man laughs, loudly.

Moves closer to their table, turns his back and invites the girl to draw a face on his head.

Girl draws egg face and roars with laughter.

Mum's eyes get wet.

Staff go awwwww.

Later at home, man has a hell of a job washing felt pen off the back of his head.

A small kindness........ Goes a long way.

Winston

over a year ago

The virus forum

By *appy_hedonistMan
over a year ago

Islington

That’s a lovely story - well done Winston!

By *ove2pleaseseukMan
over a year ago

Hastings

"a thread about strikes turning into people essentially suggesting eugenics, another one on incels...

For me I was shopping the other day, dropped some money out of my pocket. I was completely oblivious till a kindly person tapped me on the shoulder and handed it back...

A while back in a busy and very nice pub, having lunch.

Table behind us, mum and daughter. Daughter in a wheelchair, sat at the table with a colouring book and felt pens, pointing at a chap on the next table and laughing her head off.

Other diners seem less than pleased.

Man turns around to see what's so funny, mum assumes he's going to complain about the noise and starts to apologise.

The man says no need, it's lovely to hear a child's laughter, what's so funny.

Mum looks embarrassed and the man smiles and presses her for an answer.

Turns out when the daughter has boiled eggs she draws faces on the shell.

The man is bald and the girls laughing because the back of his head looks like an egg.

The man laughs, loudly.

Moves closer to their table, turns his back and invites the girl to draw a face on his head.

Girl draws egg face and roars with laughter.

Mum's eyes get wet.

Staff go awwwww.

Later at home, man has a hell of a job washing felt pen off the back of his head.

A small kindness........ Goes a long way.

Winston

"

Love that

over a year ago

Last xmas I worked in hotel there was a old couple in there late 80s. the husband had a heart attack as they wasn't from liverpool the lady was going back and forward to the hospital she was paying taxes which was more expensive as it was Christmas time she was telling me she didnt have much money left to keep doing it so I give her my number told her to ring me and I pick you up take her to hospital and ring me when you need to go back to hotel which I did for a few days till her family made there way down too liverpool

over a year ago

Was recently having lunch in a lovely pub. Table of kids making a right noise and laughing rudely at other customers. Got the landlord to seat them outside although it was 2 degrees and raining. Everyone cheered and bought me a drink.

By *ove2pleaseseukMan
over a year ago

Hastings

Mum ad chiled was shoping in my local Aldi.

I had a full trolly.

She could not find her purse and her and the child where getting up set.

I asked the check out lady how much it was £35 about and just said let her go ill pick it up with mine. The lady wanted my number but I would not give it.

Made me feel better then her.

Post new Message to Thread