Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Misunderstandings

Jump to newest

By *aitonel OP   Man
over a year ago

Liverpool

That exact moment when something you say is misunderstood and taken the wrong way, then not being given the chance to explain what you really meant.

Have you had one of these, a few of these?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Welcome to life

By *etcplCouple
over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

"That exact moment when something you say is misunderstood and taken the wrong way, then not being given the chance to explain what you really meant.

Have you had one of these, a few of these? "

Yeah a few. If the person then refuses to work with me on them, fuck em they obviously didn’t value me in the first place!

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

"Welcome to life "

This.

Often exacerbated by alcohol.

A

By *aitonel OP   Man
over a year ago

Liverpool

"That exact moment when something you say is misunderstood and taken the wrong way, then not being given the chance to explain what you really meant.

Have you had one of these, a few of these?

Yeah a few. If the person then refuses to work with me on them, fuck em they obviously didn’t value me in the first place! "

That's the exact kind of misunderstandings I'm talking about.

Having a mutual misunderstanding of a situation is one thing, it's the refusal to be open to having things cleared up that gets to me.

By *an4funMan
over a year ago

london

A daily occurence

over a year ago

Yes, and it's incredibly frustrating when you aren't given an opportunity to express yourself properly.

But life is too short to waste on people who clearly don't value you, your feelings or your opinion.

over a year ago

Never text if you have something important to say , it can ,and does , be misinterpreted, if you have something important to say ...speak ...don't text .

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

My life is littered with them.

By *elaninMaverickWoman
over a year ago

near Putney Heath

Have you had one of these, a few of these? "

All the time because I'm neurodivergent and the rest of the world is neurotypical.

I just take the L now and do not ruminate over it.

I didn't intend harm.

The person cut me off.

I can't control people.

I did my best.

I radically accept it and focus on what I can control and still doing my best.

that's how I handle it.

By *elaninMaverickWoman
over a year ago

near Putney Heath

"Never text if you have something important to say , it can ,and does , be misinterpreted, if you have something important to say ...speak ...don't text ."

Even speaking doesn't work for me unfortunately because I was raised in an environment where children should be seen and not heard. Yup I have underdeveloped communication skills and a brain that naturally interprets people tone, body language, subtleties and context.

Sarcasm is my arch-nemesis.

By *eroLondonMan
over a year ago

Mayfair

Of course. Every now and then, just like most people.

Oh, the misunderstanding dilemma - the equivocal statement (me) and the misjudged delivery (them). Naturally the onus is always on me to ensure the hole that I've dug is as shallow as possible, because try as I might I'm never going to be successful in explaining myself and putting things right...because the other person also needs to be willing to accept.

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

I've only had a couple of those. I'll hold my hands up and admit, sometimes I misunderstand something. I don't think there's ever been a time when I've not wanted to hear how it was one though, I'm able to accept that sometimes I get it very wrong and can be quite a reactive sort when hurt. If it keeps happening, I'm sorry Op. It's really rather rubbish when people aren't willing to listen to another. Especially if they mean something to you/you work with them.

over a year ago

"Never text if you have something important to say , it can ,and does , be misinterpreted, if you have something important to say ...speak ...don't text ."

By *aitonel OP   Man
over a year ago

Liverpool

It can and does in person too. Sometimes we can word things poorly to cause a misunderstanding, I almost always am very particular about how I say things for this reason. Other times the other person will hear what they want/choose/interpret causing the misunderstanding.

The intent of what is said, is often misinterpreted more than what is actually said.

over a year ago

Sometimes I care but mostly I don't anymore. If people misunderstand what I've said I couldn't give a fuck.

Some people deliberately 'misunderstand' so why not give them something to be pissed off about.

By *elix SightedMan
over a year ago

Cloud 8

I've had some terrible misunderstandings on Fab. I've tried to explain myself/something to people and it has come across poorly, almost always my fault in my choice of words. Unfortunately, there is rarely the opportunity to correct it. Disappointing but - c'est la vie, I guess.

By *inballs99Man
over a year ago

Blackheath

You ever had a shit marriage and even worse divorce!!

Post new Message to Thread