Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

"That old cliché"

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Hello Fabber,

I'm curious to know what people's thoughts are on the "working in your area" cliché.

As somebody who is on the road a lot, I'll be honest I'm guilty of that exact line. More often than not I'm left on read, but every now and then I get a little bit of abuse.

So I am just wondering what the general consensus is, and how people feel about being approached by "travelling professionals"

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *RANDMRSJAECouple
over a year ago

chester

Possibly because it would only be a last minute meet and I don’t know if many people do or can meet like that.

over a year ago

Personally if I know I'm headed somewhere, I'll have a little peek at Fah before I go and maybe sent a message or 2.

I understand last minute meets are next to impossible. I tend not to bother too much in that respect. But if I know fir example I'm somewhere next week, then I'll have a look

By *RANDMRSJAECouple
over a year ago

chester

"Personally if I know I'm headed somewhere, I'll have a little peek at Fah before I go and maybe sent a message or 2.

I understand last minute meets are next to impossible. I tend not to bother too much in that respect. But if I know fir example I'm somewhere next week, then I'll have a look"

Fair enough. It’ll appeal to some I'm sure; I can only speak for ourselves though, it’s not enough time to chat

over a year ago

"Personally if I know I'm headed somewhere, I'll have a little peek at Fah before I go and maybe sent a message or 2.

I understand last minute meets are next to impossible. I tend not to bother too much in that respect. But if I know fir example I'm somewhere next week, then I'll have a look

Fair enough. It’ll appeal to some I'm sure; I can only speak for ourselves though, it’s not enough time to chat "

I understand completely. And I appreciate the response/input too. Thank you

By *ack688Man
over a year ago

abruzzo Italy (and UK)

Maybe instead of trying to contact people direct you put up meets in that section for where you will be and when and see if people come to you instead.

over a year ago

"Maybe instead of trying to contact people direct you put up meets in that section for where you will be and when and see if people come to you instead."

I like the "if you build it they will come" approach, but being a single bloke on Fab, I'm not sure I'd get any response at all haha. Its a challenging market at the best of times.

I might give it a go though, thanks

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Hello Fabber,

I'm curious to know what people's thoughts are on the "working in your area" cliché.

As somebody who is on the road a lot, I'll be honest I'm guilty of that exact line. More often than not I'm left on read, but every now and then I get a little bit of abuse.

So I am just wondering what the general consensus is, and how people feel about being approached by "travelling professionals""

It's likely they just want a fuck and go type meet. They can't do a social in advance of an actual meet, unless they visit the area often.

Some people like fuck and go meets. Perhaps try a club in the area you are visiting.

over a year ago

There’s things in place for it

Fly the meet now flags and filter your search preferences to only so others who are flying the meet now flag

Yes I have done them they can be convient at times

Like when I am busy like the last 2 days

Sometimes i know I going to have a busy day so could be doing with a seeing to in the morning so I can remiss over it the rest off the day

Sometimes the day has been a little stressful and have a couple off hours mid day so good to brake the day up buy de strewing buy take some frustration out on some cock

Sometimes the day has been a bad day and I can’t take my mind off it when I finsh so a little mindless sex for couple off hours can help

The only time those kind off things get my back up

Is when I am not flying the meet now flag and people expect me to jump

Look if I was “free” I would be flying the meet now flag

Other wise I need to pen you in for a slot ha ha ie pre planed only

Use the tools that are available to you and you have a wonderful time

Don’t use the tools available to you and it just lead to disappointment

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

I understand last minute meets are next to impossible. I tend not to bother too much in that respect. But if I know fir example I'm somewhere next week, then I'll have a look"

you single? Whats the attraction of doing it where you are that day?

By *etcplCouple
over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

I think it smacks of a little disinterest. The only reason I am talking to you is because I am in your area and I want to fuck.

over a year ago

I understand last minute meets are next to impossible. I tend not to bother too much in that respect. But if I know fir example I'm somewhere next week, then I'll have a lookyou single? Whats the attraction of doing it where you are that day? "

I travel a lot for work so when I'm home I tend to spend as much time as possible with my kids. Part of being a single Dad

over a year ago

"I think it smacks of a little disinterest. The only reason I am talking to you is because I am in your area and I want to fuck. "

That's a fair assumption. Personally I don't see it that way. I'd be more than happy for it not to be about sex. Sometimes it's just the company or social interaction that I'm interested in

By *issmorganWoman
over a year ago

Calderdale innit

I wouldn't abuse anyone ,but do dislike messages from people just in town for a night.Often they're not even that close ie 30 miles and message the day before or the day they arrive .

It'd be different if they messaged well in advance of arriving ,so we could get to know each other.Rather than a day or two before or the day they arrived.

For me it's a no as it's hard to know if they're single too or having a little fun away from home.

By *iss KinkWoman
over a year ago

North/Blackpool

It would be a no

By *imply DeeWoman
over a year ago

Wherever

I understand this can work for some and nothing wrong about it, but it would be a no from me as I dislike random one offs and I’m looking for some kind of connection.

By *wingin CatMan
over a year ago

London

Anyone with that approach would be better off finding a working girl - personally, if I was a female, I'd be quite insulted by it.

over a year ago

I get these (or did before I emptied my inbox) and frankly find them a bit insulting. It’s the fab equivalent of treating people like a drive through. And always from someone I’ve never cheated to before.

over a year ago

"I think it smacks of a little disinterest. The only reason I am talking to you is because I am in your area and I want to fuck.

That's a fair assumption. Personally I don't see it that way. I'd be more than happy for it not to be about sex. Sometimes it's just the company or social interaction that I'm interested in"

Say in your message that you're just looking for a social.

I wouldn't believe someone who said that - men usually start hinting about a fuck or a bj.

...Not saying you are like that, but unfortunately the other men before you probably spoiled it.

over a year ago

"Anyone with that approach would be better off finding a working girl - personally, if I was a female, I'd be quite insulted by it."

I'm definitely not paying for company and I find that quite insulting to be honest. That's far more seedy and disrespectful than looking for some polite conversation or companionship for an evening or 2.

over a year ago

"I think it smacks of a little disinterest. The only reason I am talking to you is because I am in your area and I want to fuck.

That's a fair assumption. Personally I don't see it that way. I'd be more than happy for it not to be about sex. Sometimes it's just the company or social interaction that I'm interested in

Say in your message that you're just looking for a social.

I wouldn't believe someone who said that - men usually start hinting about a fuck or a bj.

...Not saying you are like that, but unfortunately the other men before you probably spoiled it. "

I get where you're coming from about past offenders. And that's fair.

By *glyBettyTV/TS
over a year ago

About 3 feet away from the fence

"working in your area" is another form of "wanna meet now".

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

Depends.

I used to work all over and would be in the same places each month regularly.

If it's perceived as a one off, quick bunk up with no pre-meet social and its unlikely you'll get many responses. If you are looking for potential repeat meets, happy to look at socials and aren't seen as someone who would be averse to a regular get together, then you may have more luck.

I used to use the same hotels, in the same towns and cities, at roughly the same times each month. I used to meet some people regularly, go to parties and clubs and throw in plenty of social meets for coffee/drinks too.

Location independent working is great for some. A ballache for others.

But it's actually how I first met Fox. So a definite winner for me.

A

over a year ago

Can we keep it to thread please people? I'd rather my inbox remain desolate than have arguments in it

over a year ago

I don't have a problem with it.

In my experience they are not always limited to one off meets because they often work in the area. Use some criteria as if local.

I would imagine it is difficult being on the road a lot and can entirely understand that the OP should want to spend tim with family and friend s when at home.

And yes I might be being naive but sometimes you just have to think the best of people.

Just to clarify before a surge of messages...this is not an invite to all and sundry.

over a year ago

I don't think that women are just gonna drop everything cause " you're in the area " ...maybe lm wrong but if was a woman l personally wouldn't anyway...there's is a difference between desire and desperate , they need to know who they're meeting so it takes a while.

over a year ago

We're nit adverse to it, as its down to the profile/person/couple rather than where thay live.

Of we were looking and someone travelling through was what we were looking for, we wouldn't discount them at all

over a year ago

"I don't think that women are just gonna drop everything cause " you're in the area " ...maybe lm wrong but if was a woman l personally wouldn't anyway...there's is a difference between desire and desperate , they need to know who they're meeting so it takes a while. "

These aren't meet me now requests...they are planned in advance.

Get many more "meet now" from locals.

By *viatrixWoman
over a year ago

Redhill

Only people I will meet (depending on chatting for a while and risk assessment etc) who are working on my area are airline pilots.

I get those “I am passing through/working in your area” and they get ignored/deleted.

over a year ago

"I don't think that women are just gonna drop everything cause " you're in the area " ...maybe lm wrong but if was a woman l personally wouldn't anyway...there's is a difference between desire and desperate , they need to know who they're meeting so it takes a while.

These aren't meet me now requests...they are planned in advance.

Get many more "meet now" from locals."

This is my approach exactly. I know a good week or so in advance if I'm heading somewhere, so will look then and see if anyone is interested in having at least a drink/chat with me while I'm im that area. L

Often I do return to the same places, but covering the whole of the UK means some are less frequently visited than others

By *ackformore100Man
over a year ago

Tin town

Depends on a few things op. Not least of which is the simple logistics of it. It might suit some people perfectly, last minute, diaries coincide, desires coincide. Swap the sex element for say.. Dinner or theatre or tennis or any other activity and you'd still have the same issues unless a bit more notice is given. Works for some and not for others.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

We, well it's mainly me, need to have a social only meet before I can even contemplate going further. That puts most 'in your area' people off unless they're likely to be back regularly.

We also get some holiday makers asking to meet us, again they're often not prepared for the social element so are only interested if everyone else says no

Post new Message to Thread