Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Friendship

Jump to newest

By *m389 OP   Man
over a year ago

Bromley

I know this is a strange place to ask this.

I let a friend know I had feelings for her. She said she only saw me as a friend. It hit me very hard but after the Christmas break and being travelling for almost a month, I feel like I’m myself again.

We hadn’t been in contact at all since I asked her out. While she said she wanted to remain friends, I never once bought it and knew our friendship would be over if she rejected me.

Come new year. After a couple of months of radio silence, she messages me saying she doesn’t want to lose me as a friend but if I don’t feel it’s fine we can keep distance.

I don’t really understand why woman do this.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ixie BeanMan
over a year ago

Wallasey

The issue is with you not her . Just accept that she doesn't see you like that.it stings ..but it's a thousand times easier than torturing yourself wishing something could happen

Don't lose a friend for a potential fuck .it's never worth it

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

She's not done anything. You're her friend, so of course she wouldn't want that to end. I would reach out too if I was missing the friendship.

You've not done anything either, you were honest and put your cards on the table. Unfortunately it's just a shitty situation all around, but if being friends is too painful and will only make things worse then be straight with her and let her know you care but it's best to keep some distance.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

You don't understand that a friend wants to still be your friend? It's not because she's a woman that she wants to remain your friend it's because she likes you. If you no longer wish to be her friend on the original terms it's not her responsibility

By *ddkkk91Man
over a year ago

fife

"She's not done anything. You're her friend, so of course she wouldn't want that to end. I would reach out too if I was missing the friendship.

You've not done anything either, you were honest and put your cards on the table. Unfortunately it's just a shitty situation all around, but if being friends is too painful and will only make things worse then be straight with her and let her know you care but it's best to keep some distance."

I agree with the above and would add that at least she was honest and expressed her feelings

over a year ago

" I don’t really understand why woman do this."

She has done absolutely nothing wrong. The issue here is with you and the way you're perceiving the situation.

By *heGateKeeperMan
over a year ago

Stratford

Not sure she’s done anything wrong mate. If anything I think she’s handled it quite well.

Rejection sucks. We’ve all been there but don’t let it affect your perception of her actions.

Be mature and respectful

By *penbicoupleCouple
over a year ago

Northampton

"I don’t really understand why woman do this."

Really?!

By *igger101ukMan
over a year ago

Carlisle

Once upon a time a colleague and I were very close, and it was heading towards a full on relationship. The troublke was that neither of us wanted that.

We decided we were just really really good friends.

And it has been like that for 20 plus years and I would not swap it for anything

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"I know this is a strange place to ask this.

I let a friend know I had feelings for her. She said she only saw me as a friend. It hit me very hard but after the Christmas break and being travelling for almost a month, I feel like I’m myself again.

We hadn’t been in contact at all since I asked her out. While she said she wanted to remain friends, I never once bought it and knew our friendship would be over if she rejected me.

Come new year. After a couple of months of radio silence, she messages me saying she doesn’t want to lose me as a friend but if I don’t feel it’s fine we can keep distance.

I don’t really understand why woman do this."

Understand yourself first.

By *ucks Couple UKCouple
over a year ago

Bucks

"

Just be honest with her. As soon as she knows you had/have no interest in being friends with her she can move on without worrying about loosing someone who wasn’t really her friend

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple
over a year ago

Leeds

She's done absolutely nothing wrong, she was and wants to remain friends, I don't understand what's wrong with that.

Mrs

By *oxy jWoman
over a year ago

somerset

op if you dont understand whats happened with your friend then i worry for you being on a swingers site for many reasons ...

By *den-Valley-coupleCouple
over a year ago

Cumbria

I would stay away put out or say out ...

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

"I know this is a strange place to ask this.

lol because they dont know what they want until they lose it

By *ilfCrumpet9Man
over a year ago

Wirral

Sometimes a friendship will last a lot longer than if you got involved. You can still be friends and go out for meals

By *issmorganWoman
over a year ago

Calderdale innit

You've two choices op

Either tell her you don't want to be her friend and move on or pick the friendship back up

None of you did wrong ,you just want differing things,question is can you be just friends with her.If not explain it without being a dick to her.

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

Maybe she just doesn’t fancy you sexually or see you as a boyfriend or maybe she does a little bit but knows it would ruin the friendship. Would it help you to know which ? You could ask her.

Either way if you want her as a friend you have to undo those feelings, and it is possible, a bit more space and focus on being really good friends.

It’s all on you , if you can do that , otherwise you should back off / end it because you risk making things messy and hard for her

over a year ago

"The issue is with you not her . Just accept that she doesn't see you like that.it stings ..but it's a thousand times easier than torturing yourself wishing something could happen

Don't lose a friend for a potential fuck .it's never worth it "

So true

By *uer MalusMan
over a year ago

Narnia

I got the same response from Dana Delaney and Michelle Pfeiffer

What is wrong with these woman!!!!

Post new Message to Thread