Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Urges...

Jump to newest

By *eli OP   Woman
over a year ago

Do you ever get the urge to do something that you know you shouldn't? There's that little voice that tries to encourage you.

Like standing up during a meeting. Signing out of a TEAMS mid call, no explanation. Smooshing your hand into a cake. Turning on the who's near feature on here because it's a really small village (essentially). Random things you know you shouldn't. Won't be a good idea. But sometimes this urge pops up.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Sometimes I do and I’m grateful for holding back at times

over a year ago

Yip and I do

Sack myself every single day ha ha

But little tip on the meeting thing

Pull line on the rooter out

It will flash some oringe or yellow colour take a picture off it and send it to your boss saying sorry internet went down

Job done and thank me later for tell you a legitimate way off getting out off those boring meetings

By *etcplCouple
over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

"Sometimes I do and I’m grateful for holding back at times "

And other times you are grateful for not holding back

By *etcplCouple
over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

"Do you ever get the urge to do something that you know you shouldn't? There's that little voice that tries to encourage you.

Like standing up during a meeting. Signing out of a TEAMS mid call, no explanation. Smooshing your hand into a cake. Turning on the who's near feature on here because it's a really small village (essentially). Random things you know you shouldn't. Won't be a good idea. But sometimes this urge pops up."

I have sadistic urges all the time. I can’t help giving in to them some times, others I do try to keep under control but eventually they all come out.

By *ose-tinted GlassesMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

It’s called ‘the imp of the perverse’. The little voice in the back of your mind telling you to do the wrong thing. (The name comes from an old Edgar Allen Poe story.)

By *eli OP   Woman
over a year ago

"Sometimes I do and I’m grateful for holding back at times "

Yeah it's good you can, isn't it? But also... saying fuck it sometimes can be so satisfying.

over a year ago

Totally it's why I get Vertigo!

By *ily WhiteWoman
over a year ago

?

Yes! I do...(and this probably won't come as a shock to you), but I quite often do them, just to see what happens

over a year ago

Yes. Like licking someone’s cheek?

By *eli OP   Woman
over a year ago

"Yip and I do

It will flash some oringe or yellow colour take a picture off it and send it to your boss saying sorry internet went down

Job done and thank me later for tell you a legitimate way off getting out off those boring meetings "

No! You can't be giving advice like that. You've got to fight the urges. Stay online. In the boring meeting and smile with your voice politely through it. With your camera off so you can fab/message people instead.

over a year ago

"Yip and I do

Job done and thank me later for tell you a legitimate way off getting out off those boring meetings

No! You can't be giving advice like that. You've got to fight the urges. Stay online. In the boring meeting and smile with your voice politely through it. With your camera off so you can fab/message people instead."

Ha ha or you could do that I am just forward thinking ha ha

By *ecadent_DevonMan
over a year ago

Okehampton

I just gave into one of my urges, I’m not saying what but it’s kinda related to your initial post

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

Yes I do get very mild urges to do outrageous things often to the people I’m with , isn’t there a name for it.

I’m not telling you what they are - you would never go on a date with me again

over a year ago

literally all the time.

that little voice egging you on, like there wouldn't be any repercussions Px

By *ensuallover1000Man
over a year ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

Belching proudly in public…?

over a year ago

Thought about shutting down computer then going airport desk and asking for a sunny day like they do in the movies

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

"Yip and I do

No! You can't be giving advice like that. You've got to fight the urges. Stay online. In the boring meeting and smile with your voice politely through it. With your camera off so you can fab/message people instead."

Mines even worse that just exiting. I want to announce I’m leaving this call now as I’m bored in the chat window first. Some calls where people waffle on and try to bullshit me with fake updates frustrate me so much….

over a year ago

Go into a meeting with a bag of maris pipers and start eating them. Make sure you don’t forget your manners and offer them around

over a year ago

If I’ve completed my part in a meeting whether it be teams or not I tend to leave… no point sitting around achieving nothing listening to stuff that doesn’t concern me… politely of course ….

over a year ago

Oooi often have to reason with myself lol.. I gave into one yesterday

Sometimes its nice to treat yourself

By *ackbydemandMan
over a year ago

Leicester

Listen to Meli's fab forum accent challenge video, then no matter where I am, start stroking myself. A meeting, on a bus, in church doesn't matter. That voice gets me every time.

over a year ago

I worry about anyone who doesn't have those urges.

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

Fuck no...

I'm easily embarrassed by the dick(you know who you are) who shouts doughnut in the middle of a crowd. You know that person who wishes the ground would swallow them up. Yep that's me

By *eli OP   Woman
over a year ago

"I just gave into one of my urges, I’m not saying what but it’s kinda related to your initial post "

Boring Devon, boring. This is something I want to know now.

By *eli OP   Woman
over a year ago

"It’s called ‘the imp of the perverse’. The little voice in the back of your mind telling you to do the wrong thing. (The name comes from an old Edgar Allen Poe story.)"

Ah I know the story! I didn't realise it had been coined to describe these feelings widely though, thank you for that.

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

"Do you ever get the urge to do something that you know you shouldn't? There's that little voice that tries to encourage you.

Like standing up during a meeting. Signing out of a TEAMS mid call, no explanation. Smooshing your hand into a cake. Turning on the who's near feature on here because it's a really small village (essentially). Random things you know you shouldn't. Won't be a good idea. But sometimes this urge pops up."

yes get these urges a lot and sometimes i do them

By *eli OP   Woman
over a year ago

"Yes I do get very mild urges to do outrageous things often to the people I’m with , isn’t there a name for it.

I’m not telling you what they are - you would never go on a date with me again "

Ha; I think you're safe there don't worry.

But, you're also not safe because now I'm going to bring it up daily/until I get bored of it.

By *ittlebirdWoman
over a year ago

The Big Smoke

I get them all the time Meli. Why have a meeting when it’s not really constructive? In board meetings I used to ask for 3 sheets of plain paper before we started so I could doodle. Worked fine for me.

I also love to just drift away when I’m supposed to be working, could even be serving someone in the shop. I’ll probably be thinking about Haribo or sex or something. And then remember I’m scanning 4 pints of Stella and say - would you like a bag?

I think just go with them, just maybe not all the time

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

All the time...

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

Intrusive thoughts are definitely a thing. Like anytime one of those e-scooter head towards me on the pavement, I always get the urge to just stick my arm out to clothesline them

By *eli OP   Woman
over a year ago

"I have sadistic urges all the time. I can’t help giving in to them some times, others I do try to keep under control but eventually they all come out.

"

I could have guessed this was your post without reading your name attached to it. Sometimes I have sadistic urges... quite good at keeping them under control though. Generally.

By *eli OP   Woman
over a year ago

"Listen to Meli's fab forum accent challenge video, then no matter where I am, start stroking myself. A meeting, on a bus, in church doesn't matter. That voice gets me every time."

I wish my voice had this effect on everyone of my choosing, best superpower ever. I think after a few weeks of listening to it the urge to stroke vanishes.

over a year ago

Vive le cul sec

By *RANDMRSJAECouple
over a year ago

chester

I’m a very calm and level headed human but not that long ago got an urge to stab one of our bar stools in the kitchen

I did! It really pissed me off afterwards

We now have new stools

By *ad NannaWoman
over a year ago

East London

I worked somewhere that had a pool, and I was asked to show some job applicants around the school.

When we got to the swimming pool I had a terrible urge to push one of them in.

I had to take a step back and lean against a wall to shake off the urge.

over a year ago

Yup. I’ve done sometimes in the pass. I specially struggle when it comes to personal relationships

over a year ago

"Sometimes I do and I’m grateful for holding back at times

And other times you are grateful for not holding back "

Well that is very true!

over a year ago

"Sometimes I do and I’m grateful for holding back at times

Yeah it's good you can, isn't it? But also... saying fuck it sometimes can be so satisfying. "

Sometimes the best thing is to just say fuck it what’s the worst that can happen

By *iromancergirl1Woman
over a year ago

bolton

My philosophy is if it won’t kill me or cause me serious harm then fuck it it’s a life lesson i don’t do regrets life is to short.

By *ornycougaWoman
over a year ago

Wherever I lay my hat

All the time. One of the best things about Teams calls imho is private side chats with one or more colleagues who are also on the call. A few us will send each other highly inappropriate messages/memes etc to try to make the recipient(s) laugh on screen mid meeting - particularly if they are presenting. Almost makes some meetings bearable

By *oubleswing2019Man
over a year ago

Colchester

"

I'm having a hard time trying to conceptualise this.

For a start, I never have intrusive thoughts. There is "no little voice" to begin with. Some people say they have a "running commentary" all the time in their head. "What's for dinner?", "Where shall I go for holiday next", and other such distractions. I don't, mercifully.

So I don't experience unbidden thoughts.

I do have thoughts of course, but when I want them or choose to think about them. They just don't "appear" out of the blue. Which essentially means there is no dilemma on having an urge intruding and no sudden impulse to consider.

By *ormorantMan
over a year ago

Lincolnshire

Often have to urge to invite a certain person to a private haiku reading followed by a cheese n sex fest….. but then never do…

By *ust RachelTV/TS
over a year ago

Horsham

I have loads of urges, thank god I never go through with them.

By *ackbydemandMan
over a year ago

Leicester

"Listen to Meli's fab forum accent challenge video, then no matter where I am, start stroking myself. A meeting, on a bus, in church doesn't matter. That voice gets me every time.

I wish my voice had this effect on everyone of my choosing, best superpower ever. I think after a few weeks of listening to it the urge to stroke vanishes. "

But just imagine all the amazing things you'll never forget from those weeks, even after years of therapy

By *eli OP   Woman
over a year ago

"I’m a very calm and level headed human but not that long ago got an urge to stab one of our bar stools in the kitchen

I did! It really pissed me off afterwards

We now have new stools "

Why would you stab a bar stool? That's the kind of excellence I was hoping for in the thread. Sometimes I get the urge to just smash a mug. I did once. It was wonderful.

By *istyPeaksCouple
over a year ago

braintree

"All the time. One of the best things about Teams calls imho is private side chats with one or more colleagues who are also on the call. A few us will send each other highly inappropriate messages/memes etc to try to make the recipient(s) laugh on screen mid meeting - particularly if they are presenting. Almost makes some meetings bearable"

I wish I worked with you! Sounds fun

By *eli OP   Woman
over a year ago

"Yes! I do...(and this probably won't come as a shock to you), but I quite often do them, just to see what happens "

Hi Lily. You might not read this.

Don't worry. I'll screenshot it and WA you it.

No it doesn't come as a surprise.

At all.

Shall we do them together soon?

With added social lubrication?

Post new Message to Thread