Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Mental Health Check in 9.1.23

Jump to newest

By *elloIntrigue OP   Man
over a year ago

North West UK

Here's your weekly Mental Health safe space. How are you doing? What have you been up to?

For me the day is here. It's the second anniversary of my brother's passing. Still painful, still emotional, if now for moments rather than longer periods of time. I know I am posting this incredibly early in the day, and I have allowed myself some thoughts already and am off work today (Monday) and tomorrow (Tuesday) to make sure I return in the right frame of mind.

I need to check in on my parents in the morning, see how they are and I want to remember him well.

As I commented last week, I always feel that the first week of the year I am almost in limbo and the 10th January is when I can get going again.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ultured Gent16Man
over a year ago

close.

Sorry to hear that buddy.

It’s never easy dealing with the sort of close personal loss.

Mental health is a strange and oh so bloody complex thing.

No magic tablets and quick over the counter remedies.

I’ve suffered myself a lot with depression over the years and some days are good, some are bad.

I guess there’s nothing I or anyone can say that will make this easier or better for you.

Just taking each day as it comes can be hard enough.

They always say “Time heals all things.”

But it’s also the things that’s going to do for most of us in the end….

Just keep plodding on.

Same excrement. Different 24 hour time frame.

over a year ago

North West UK

"Sorry to hear that buddy.

It’s never easy dealing with the sort of close personal loss.

Mental health is a strange and oh so bloody complex thing.

No magic tablets and quick over the counter remedies.

I’ve suffered myself a lot with depression over the years and some days are good, some are bad.

I guess there’s nothing I or anyone can say that will make this easier or better for you.

Just taking each day as it comes can be hard enough.

They always say “Time heals all things.”

But it’s also the things that’s going to do for most of us in the end….

Just keep plodding on.

Same excrement. Different 24 hour time frame. "

Thank you, I think it's just a case of getting something out from my brain as it's when I'm alone with my thoughts that they have more impact.

By *ultured Gent16Man
over a year ago

close.

I’m exactly the same.

I spend a fair amount of time alone so I need to keep the mind busy.

Thankfully I live binge watching tv shows and movies and have games on the phone that keep me occupied when I’m not busy.

Anything that helps distract from negativity is a good thing.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Here's your weekly Mental Health safe space. How are you doing? What have you been up to?

For me the day is here. It's the second anniversary of my brother's passing. Still painful, still emotional, if now for moments rather than longer periods of time. I know I am posting this incredibly early in the day, and I have allowed myself some thoughts already and am off work today (Monday) and tomorrow (Tuesday) to make sure I return in the right frame of mind.

I need to check in on my parents in the morning, see how they are and I want to remember him well.

As I commented last week, I always feel that the first week of the year I am almost in limbo and the 10th January is when I can get going again."

Sorry to hear that x

over a year ago

North West UK

"I’m exactly the same.

Thankfully I live binge watching tv shows and movies and have games on the phone that keep me occupied when I’m not busy.

Anything that helps distract from negativity is a good thing. "

This is part of a plan tomorrow - going to go out for breakfast, then later in the afternoon binging amazon prime.

over a year ago

North West UK

"Here's your weekly Mental Health safe space. How are you doing? What have you been up to?

As I commented last week, I always feel that the first week of the year I am almost in limbo and the 10th January is when I can get going again.

Sorry to hear that x"

Thank you. I hope things are far more positive for you

over a year ago

no ideal right now , pretty isolated and alone

over a year ago

North West UK

"no ideal right now , pretty isolated and alone "

Sorry to hear this, hoping you can find some chat and support via this thread.

By *ultured Gent16Man
over a year ago

close.

"I’m exactly the same.

This is part of a plan tomorrow - going to go out for breakfast, then later in the afternoon binging amazon prime.

"

If you want recommendations for Amazon prime, I’d say “Vikings”.

One of the best things I’ve watched in a long time.

Gripping from start to finish.

By *ultured Gent16Man
over a year ago

close.

"no ideal right now , pretty isolated and alone "

No you’re not.

There’s thousands of people on here.

over a year ago

"no ideal right now , pretty isolated and alone

No you’re not.

There’s thousands of people on here. "

But I feel like I can’t express myself as it will just be used against m e

over a year ago

North West UK

"no ideal right now , pretty isolated and alone

No you’re not.

There’s thousands of people on here.

But I feel like I can’t express myself as it will just be used against m e"

I think you've taken the steps of putting it out there and talking/typing about it. If it's out there it's shared and it's not on your mind in the same way.

over a year ago

North West UK

"I’m exactly the same.

If you want recommendations for Amazon prime, I’d say “Vikings”.

One of the best things I’ve watched in a long time.

Gripping from start to finish. "

My dad got quite into that show. I was going to give "The Rig" a shot.

By *ultured Gent16Man
over a year ago

close.

If people want to take how you feel and twist it to be negative to you, are they really the kind of people you’d want to meet in real life??

I know I wouldn’t want those people in my social circle.

Are they really the kind of people you should devote your time and attention to dealing with? Should you worry about them and what they think??

I think not.

The world is full of all kinds of souls.

Take on board the positive, ignore the negative.

Mean people don’t deserve the attention it takes from you to get yourself upset about.

By *oungalpha20Man
over a year ago

North West /Cumbria

I'm really struggling with my mental health. No medication for at least a month due to doctors being full

over a year ago

"If people want to take how you feel and twist it to be negative to you, are they really the kind of people you’d want to meet in real life??

I know I wouldn’t want those people in my social circle.

Are they really the kind of people you should devote your time and attention to dealing with? Should you worry about them and what they think??

I think not.

The world is full of all kinds of souls.

Take on board the positive, ignore the negative.

Mean people don’t deserve the attention it takes from you to get yourself upset about.

"

This is my new mantra

By *ultured Gent16Man
over a year ago

close.

"I'm really struggling with my mental health. No medication for at least a month due to doctors being full"

I’m on loads.

Just come off Effexor, now on Sertraline with diazepam, Promethazine and Zopiclone.

If you’ve got this far with no medication then you’re doing frigging awesome!!!!!!

Fair play to you. It’s only making you stronger because you’re doing it yourself!!!

By *o againTV/TS
over a year ago

swansea

For some unknown reason life has decided to fuck me over again and again. Just when I seam to be getting ahead of the game. A quick kick in the nuts.. can't catch a break.. life sucks.

over a year ago

North West UK

"I'm really struggling with my mental health. No medication for at least a month due to doctors being full"

Can your pharmacy make an urgent referral? Is the medication like a repeat prescription? This doesn't sound good for you. My own docs has been a nightmare to contact lately too.

By *ultured Gent16Man
over a year ago

close.

"For some unknown reason life has decided to fuck me over again and again. Just when I seam to be getting ahead of the game. A quick kick in the nuts.. can't catch a break.. life sucks. "

Yup. Been there.

Well I am there now.

I remember thinking “Ah well. It can’t get any worse…”

Then life said, “Wanna bet???

By *o againTV/TS
over a year ago

swansea

So much on my mind. I Hardy sleep this days. Maybe 2-3hours a night. I'm in a downward spiral.

By *ultured Gent16Man
over a year ago

close.

You need to find a way to turn off.

Wether that’s reading a book, binge watching some tv, getting together with friends, going for a walk through nature or getting to doctors for a few sleeping tablets.

Sleep deprivation won’t help at all.

over a year ago

Not well at all.

By *ultured Gent16Man
over a year ago

close.

What’s up sweetie??

By *orksguy1965Man
over a year ago

Howden

I feel shit, but who gives a fuck, I dont

By *oungalpha20Man
over a year ago

North West /Cumbria

"I'm really struggling with my mental health. No medication for at least a month due to doctors being full

I’m on loads.

Just come off Effexor, now on Sertraline with diazepam, Promethazine and Zopiclone.

If you’ve got this far with no medication then you’re doing frigging awesome!!!!!!

Fair play to you. It’s only making you stronger because you’re doing it yourself!!! "

I'm on olanzaphine can't afford to relapse on my medication. Don't want a psychotic episode

By *oungalpha20Man
over a year ago

North West /Cumbria

"I'm really struggling with my mental health. No medication for at least a month due to doctors being full

Can your pharmacy make an urgent referral? Is the medication like a repeat prescription? This doesn't sound good for you. My own docs has been a nightmare to contact lately too."

I've tried then, but because it's a med review they can't do anything

By *ultured Gent16Man
over a year ago

close.

I’m on loads.

Fair play to you. It’s only making you stronger because you’re doing it yourself!!!

I'm on olanzaphine can't afford to relapse on my medication. Don't want a psychotic episode "

Call the mental health crisis team.

That’s who I reached out to. Urgent Care and Assesment team.

Granted. I was telling them I was going to take my life but they came out for daily visits with me and brought me diazepam and Zopiclone as well as getting me started on Sertraline as a new antidepressant.

Let someone know how desperate you are the wheels remarkably start turning.

Call 111 oit if hours doctors and tell them you can’t cope and scared your going to lose it.

They will see you.

By *amierebelMan
over a year ago

nae danger.

Honestly docs just put anyone on meds these days that's why I don't do docs they ain't treating my bad days or diagnosing my problems and telling me this will help they're literally in a job as they hand out medication. Hope yous all feel better soon better days ahead smiling and positive thinking, the latter being important to pull yourselves out from them dark days

By *ablo minibar123Woman
over a year ago

Well I think right now someone else's mental health is the most major thing affecting mine, but I take it unless they admit to having a huge problem then there's really not anything anyone can do for them. Just leaves me feeling angry part of the time and numb the rest.

By *asycouple1971Couple
over a year ago

midlands

Everyone goes thru dark moments in their life...life sucks sometimes.

Made even worse by these cost of living crisis and the NHS falling apart.

Reach out and talk to people.

Take time out from work and have some me time.

1 step at a time.

Him x

over a year ago

North West UK

"Everyone goes thru dark moments in their life...life sucks sometimes.

Made even worse by these cost of living crisis and the NHS falling apart.

Reach out and talk to people.

Take time out from work and have some me time.

1 step at a time.

Him x

"

I love the talking to people. This is what the threads were here for and I thank StarflyLou for getting them started.

over a year ago

North West UK

"Well I think right now someone else's mental health is the most major thing affecting mine, but I take it unless they admit to having a huge problem then there's really not anything anyone can do for them. Just leaves me feeling angry part of the time and numb the rest."

I think all you can do here is as you have, be there.

Post new Message to Thread