Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Who's giving up smoking come New Year?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Hands up who's doing the healthy thing and giving up the evil - thus prolonging your potential swinging life for longer - and of course for the guys, preventing possible 'erectile dysfuction' as advertised in many a motorway service station toilet!

It's the right thing to do, will save you a small fortune, open up the possibility of meeting all those sexy 'non-smokers' out there and give you the chance to do a really charitable and generous thing too!

Which is of course - donate all your remaining cigs to me as I for one can't be done with the potential stress and random food cravings that occurred the last time I tried many moons ago!

Besides - i'd only get hit by a bus within a week!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Think ive smoked all the tobacco in north america this week

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

understandable Karen.

im giving up on everything for 2013.

for the best.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

"understandable Karen.

for the best."

SEX?

By *xodussxMan
over a year ago

sheffield

Me...as i never smoke. Good luck to those who are planning to stop smoking

over a year ago

Wish the OH would....he keeps so called trying but doesnt happen.....and i postively HATE smoking....yuk yuk yuk.....liie snogging an ole ashtray....nasty.....

Im doing the dryathon for cancer reasearch in Jan ...

over a year ago

"understandable Karen.

for the best.

SEX?"

that so Karen.

getting punched in the gym is far easier to deal with.

over a year ago

Gave up fags 3yrs ago after 10+ years of smokin.

Anyone who is considering doing it should definately give it a go. Money saving and health benefits aside the best bit for me was having tastebuds again... That's why people put weight on cos food tastes soooo much better, lol

All I got to do know is quit the 'special cigarettes' and I'll be a picture of health

By *hole Lotta RosieWoman
over a year ago

Deviant City

I keep stopping & starting......really need to get a grip and stop using stress as an excuse.

over a year ago

The whole stress thing is just a mental reaction anyway. Physically your heart rate increases and nicotiene is a stimulant!

Want to try to find something to take your mind off it. I learnt to juggle when I quit cos you can't juggle and smoke at the same time, lol

By *andykissesWoman
over a year ago

laugharne

I gave up on 20th Sept and still craving for one but will not give in after this long. Ill deal with the extra weight in the new yr

over a year ago

"The whole stress thing is just a mental reaction anyway. Physically your heart rate increases and nicotiene is a stimulant!

Want to try to find something to take your mind off it. I learnt to juggle when I quit cos you can't juggle and smoke at the same time, lol

"

thats correct you need something to do with your hands.

buying a punch bag is an excellent way to exercise but also concentrate the mind.

and if you do it enough then you can beat your demons.

By *andykissesWoman
over a year ago

laugharne

[Removed by poster at 27/12/12 15:10:22]

over a year ago

No I am not planning too, although Luke is.....

If I did give up I would need something to do with hands and mouth!!

By *andykissesWoman
over a year ago

laugharne

[Removed by poster at 27/12/12 15:12:26]

By *r and mrs sanddancerCouple
over a year ago

BOLDON COLLIERY

we dont need to try this year as we went on to the E-ciggys back in june and never looked back, our doc now classes us as non smokers, we still

get the feel of holding a ciggy and having a drag but no smell and non of the nasty stuff,

over a year ago

Hmmmm nope don't think I'll be giving up anytime soon, I'm evil in the morning before my first cig of the day, don't think it's wise to inflict that pain on the world every day, however I'm happy to help Obi getting through his donations *that sounds wrong*

over a year ago

I'm not quitting cos I don't want to. I enjoy smoking and it has the added benefit of being a convenient excuse to get away from people I don't want to talk to.

over a year ago

"Gave up fags 3yrs ago after 10+ years of smokin.

Anyone who is considering doing it should definately give it a go. Money saving and health benefits aside the best bit for me was having tastebuds again... That's why people put weight on cos food tastes soooo much better, lol

All I got to do know is quit the 'special cigarettes' and I'll be a picture of health "

I found that when I quit for a month 20 years ago that my taste buds were rejuventated for sure, but I also found that food I loved before I could no longer stand the taste of as the flavour was too overwhelming.

over a year ago

It's been nearly 4 weeks since I had a full fag and only had 3 puffs since then. I think I am going to do it this time

By *am123Man
over a year ago

essex chelmsford

cock smoking?

over a year ago

"cock smoking? "

It's been about the same timescale yes

over a year ago

I don`t smoke, but I do have to give up eating junk food and get healthy, lets face it I`d be fookin gorgeous if I lost some lard lmao. . . Joking aside, the thought of heart disease and diabetes at my age scares me, I`ve been lucky so far, but have a feeling my luck might just run out if I carry on

over a year ago

"I don`t smoke, but I do have to give up eating junk food and get healthy, lets face it I`d be fookin gorgeous if I lost some lard lmao. . . Joking aside, the thought of heart disease and diabetes at my age scares me, I`ve been lucky so far, but have a feeling my luck might just run out if I carry on "

always looked fine to me when we have chatted.

and you cannot be a lard because that towel keeps falling down revealing a beauty xx

over a year ago

"I don`t smoke, but I do have to give up eating junk food and get healthy, lets face it I`d be fookin gorgeous if I lost some lard lmao. . . Joking aside, the thought of heart disease and diabetes at my age scares me, I`ve been lucky so far, but have a feeling my luck might just run out if I carry on

and you cannot be a lard because that towel

keeps falling down revealing a beauty xx"

From breasts up it aint bad, but believe me when I say, from the waist down it`s a mess lol

It`s nothing that cutting down and a little exercise wont sort, watch out when I`ve lost some weight tho, I become a demon

over a year ago

"I don`t smoke, but I do have to give up eating junk food and get healthy, lets face it I`d be fookin gorgeous if I lost some lard lmao. . . Joking aside, the thought of heart disease and diabetes at my age scares me, I`ve been lucky so far, but have a feeling my luck might just run out if I carry on

keeps falling down revealing a beauty xx

From breasts up it aint bad, but believe me when I say, from the waist down it`s a mess lol

It`s nothing that cutting down and a little exercise wont sort, watch out when I`ve lost some weight tho, I become a demon "

come exercise with me.

let me judge how the waist down looks x

over a year ago

It`s nothing that cutting down and a little exercise wont sort, watch out when I`ve lost some weight tho, I become a demon

come exercise with me.

let me judge how the waist down looks x"

Haha I would like to live after a workout

By *om.lionheartMan
over a year ago

visitng

I gave up at the beginning of October. Started off on patches then nicotine gum. I'm not using anything now - why replace one habit with another? And I've remained fag free all this time. It's been a struggle but I was determined this time I was going to quit!

Good luck to all of you giving up for New Year!

By *Ryan-Man
over a year ago

In Your Bush

Nearly nine months for me. Reckon I have cracked it now

over a year ago

come exercise with me.

let me judge how the waist down looks x

Haha I would like to live after a workout "

can take breaks. im good with serving drinks and first aid xx

By *aucy3Couple
over a year ago

glasgow

my new years resolution is,i'm never giving up.

i like smoking,i like the smell of smoke,i like kissing people who smell like ashtrays.

i've also found,since the smoking ban,smokers are the nicest people,when we're outside the pub having a smoke,we have the best laugh.

plus in giving up,i would now be the dreaded ex smoker.all to often this entails,becoming a

sanctimonious,patronising twat,every time the subject came up.

what i would say to smokers is,stop apologising for your habit.you either smoke or you don't,let them like it,or lump it.

ps ooops i've just realised,a simple no would have sufficed.

over a year ago

I love kissing a man after he's had a cigarette

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

I don't smoke.

over a year ago

I would but I got 400 duty frees for Xmas be a shame to waste them lol so giving up once they have gone.

By *els_BellsWoman
over a year ago

with the moon n stars somewhere in gtr manc

Dont you swear at me Obi!

Pffffft.

I gave up for 10 months and got away with murder due to "hormones" (i was pregnant at the time) but I dont fancy prison or being a murderer so I'll stick to me cigs ta very much

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"Dont you swear at me Obi!

Pffffft.

I gave up for 10 months and got away with murder due to "hormones" (i was pregnant at the time) but I dont fancy prison or being a murderer so I'll stick to me cigs ta very much "

Bugger!

That's another I won't be getting any freebies from then!

Meh!!!

By *els_BellsWoman
over a year ago

with the moon n stars somewhere in gtr manc

Pffffft.

I gave up for 10 months and got away with murder due to "hormones" (i was pregnant at the time) but I dont fancy prison or being a murderer so I'll stick to me cigs ta very much

Bugger!

Meh!!! "

Get ya own!

And share any freebie menthols with me n I'll love you forever

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 28/12/12 00:09:35]

over a year ago

Pffffft.

Bugger!

Meh!!! "

. I could maybe sell you some if your nice to me ha ha

over a year ago

Perish the thought! Why would I want to give up something I enjoy? The next thing will be giving up sex!!!

By *orkieMan
over a year ago

Who knows

Gave up on Jan 1st 2009 after 33 years, used the nicorette inhalator as patches never worked for me, got to the 5mg stage and they just werent strong enough.

Was on 30 a day before I stopped, found out I wasnt to bad at running and could do distance stuff, saved money etc, wieght sort of kept at bay with gym visits, however the downside is that my "muppet filter" needs a constant retune as I tend not to suffer fools gladly and become "opinionated" in their company lol

over a year ago

I gave up 10 days 8 hours ago. That's 206 cigarettes not smoked and £67.17 saved according to the app on my android phone. Good luck to amyone else thinking of giving up

Post new Message to Thread