As per subject ^

How do you achieve Yours?

I'd say by approaching oneself gently.

Have a peaceful night!

Tones.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Inside, listening to music always. Marvin, Curtis, Aretha, Stevie, Otis. The closest thing I have to religion.

Outside, just walk and walk and walk. Walk It Off, as Taylor Swift almost said.

over a year ago

"As per subject ^

Have a peaceful night!

Tones. "

I stroke an animal, and really connect with how they’re responding (purring, tail wagging, etc) and think about how their fur feels under my hands. This really seems to quiet my mind. Nothing silences my thoughts completely but this really helps.

By *izredCouple
over a year ago

mid cornwall

Paddleboard. The moment I'm.on the water everything else fades away and nature nurtures me towards peace.

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"Inside, listening to music always. Marvin, Curtis, Aretha, Stevie, Otis. The closest thing I have to religion.

Outside, just walk and walk and walk. Walk It Off, as Taylor Swift almost said.

"

Yes. Walking is great for a boost of endorphins. Walking with music in one's ears even better.

over a year ago

"As per subject ^

Have a peaceful night!

Tones. "

By doing work on myself, becoming comfortable on my own skin, and confident to show my true nature

over a year ago

"As per subject ^

Have a peaceful night!

Tones.

I stroke an animal, and really connect with how they’re responding (purring, tail wagging, etc) and think about how their fur feels under my hands. This really seems to quiet my mind. Nothing silences my thoughts completely but this really helps."

Ah I relate to that too ! My cat is a fantastic sensory soothing treatment when in need.

By *erbyMagicMan
over a year ago

Derby

Connecting with nature, sitting on the grass and just listening with your eyes closed.

By *avexxMan
over a year ago

cheshire

i do have a connection with dogs,, they seem so relaxed with me..

By *urbo TedMan
over a year ago

Stansted

A walk in the local woods, the wind in the trees and minimal other noise as I watch the squirrels scurrying. Can spend ages tuning out of everything as I enjoy being there.

over a year ago

"Paddleboard. The moment I'm.on the water everything else fades away and nature nurtures me towards peace."

I really really want to do it. Sadly nothing near but at first opportunity it is one of those bucket list of things to try at least once. Water, balance, connection - bliss

Happy for you.

over a year ago

"As per subject ^

Have a peaceful night!

Tones.

By doing work on myself, becoming comfortable on my own skin, and confident to show my true nature"

How accepting also accepting that there is always a need to continue that work I guess ? That it's not a destination.

over a year ago

"Connecting with nature, sitting on the grass and just listening with your eyes closed."

I'll 'beat you' to lying down! in the meadow. Staring at the clouds

over a year ago

"i do have a connection with dogs,, they seem so relaxed with me.. "

Was just watching Hugh Laurie on the talk show talking about being dog person and how he loves their "neediness" of humans.

over a year ago

"A walk in the local woods, the wind in the trees and minimal other noise as I watch the squirrels scurrying. Can spend ages tuning out of everything as I enjoy being there. "

Birds. I like their noise.

over a year ago

"As per subject ^

Have a peaceful night!

Tones.

By doing work on myself, becoming comfortable on my own skin, and confident to show my true nature

How accepting also accepting that there is always a need to continue that work I guess ? That it's not a destination. "

Just trying to be a little bit better today than yesterday, and if not there is always tomorrow

By *erces LetiferMan
over a year ago

Somewhere off the edge of the map... 'ere there be monsters

"I stroke an animal, and really connect with how they’re responding (purring, tail wagging, etc) and think about how their fur feels under my hands."

Yeah came in to say this. I find cuddling/stroking my cats usually does the trick. Or being stroked; face, hair, back. Very relaxing.

By *oeofsussexMan
over a year ago

Eastbourne

A few of my friends achieve it a slightly more active way, by listening to a fellow called Prem Rawat! Interesting chap actually who’s been nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize at least once. He travels around the globe talking to people about finding their inner peace. Does a lot of good work at every level from prisoners to international politicians and diplomats.

over a year ago

"I stroke an animal, and really connect with how they’re responding (purring, tail wagging, etc) and think about how their fur feels under my hands.

Yeah came in to say this. I find cuddling/stroking my cats usually does the trick. Or being stroked; face, hair, back. Very relaxing."

Subdued uneasiness via unconditional touch. Makes sense.

over a year ago

"A few of my friends achieve it a slightly more active way, by listening to a fellow called Prem Rawat! Interesting chap actually who’s been nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize at least once. He travels around the globe talking to people about finding their inner peace. Does a lot of good work at every level from prisoners to international politicians and diplomats. "

I shall look him up tomorrow, thanks

By *ittlebirdWoman
over a year ago

The Big Smoke

Oh OP what a lovely subject

My inner peace comes from the light. It is all around all of us if we just are open enough to let it in. It brings peace to my life, even on the most difficult of days.

I see the best in people and I help them to see the best in themselves too. And always, I wish them love and happiness in their lives.

Sending you peace and love and most of all happiness

By *ust RachelTV/TS
over a year ago

Horsham

For me it was getting out on the bike at sunrise, just listening to the wheels on the road, the clicking of gears as I change them. The hard strain of cycling up hill, the concentration of doung over 50 downhill.

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

"Oh OP what a lovely subject

My inner peace comes from the light. It is all around all of us if we just are open enough to let it in. It brings peace to my life, even on the most difficult of days.

I see the best in people and I help them to see the best in themselves too. And always, I wish them love and happiness in their lives.

Sending you peace and love and most of all happiness "

This is beautiful LB, x

I think on low days I struggle to find the light but you're right, it's incredibly soul nurturing and soothing.

I find it through forest bathing (well it's more of a wood). Classical music. Can the act of being with others bring it to you? Perhaps not inner. Observing a full moon. Being out in a rainstorm which is an odd one. I think it's the relentless unwavering nature of it which helps calm my mind.

And sometimes it's as simple as saying "Meli, stop", practicing some breathing exercises and spending a few minutes with my own thoughts. Grounding myself. Finding my peace.

By *nabelle21Woman
over a year ago

B38

That is beautiful x

over a year ago

Coast ride on my motorbike

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple
over a year ago

Leeds

Easy. Stop caring the less you care. The less stress it brings. So what if the world is burning. Pull up a chair next to me and warm you hands.

The mr

By *nabelle21Woman
over a year ago

B38

For me, it's when I look around at my brood. Usually when we are in the middle of a dinner that I've cooked. They are all enjoying mom's cooking. There's ideal chit chatter, the grandkids are happy and I'm at peace.

over a year ago

Limiting my time around people.

By *teveanddebsCouple
over a year ago

Norwich

I started beekeeping this year and I have to say interacting with them is very peaceful and relaxing.

At the moment they are all snugged up for the winter so I can't open the hive, it would let too much heat out, so I'm having withdrawal

Roll on spring

over a year ago

Learning to connect with myself, and be centred in my body and heart. Doing the work is a constant process, but means when challenges arise I can regulate myself, process and move forward.

Recognising what I need, whether it’s journaling, walking in nature, peace or touch and contact.

By *inister_SpinsterWoman
over a year ago

North West

By trusting and loving myself and keeping my boundaries respectfully in place.

Trying to wish others well and trying to make sure the worst of the human race leave me alone.

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

I seek the sea and will spend some time in meditation breathing exercises.

If I'm stuck somewhere and overwhelmed I have asmr beach waves to help me ground and regain focus

Oh and come and spend some time with me in the summer and I'll introduce you both into how to fall off a paddleboard

By *lueFireCouple
over a year ago

just somewhere around here

"Paddleboard. The moment I'm.on the water everything else fades away and nature nurtures me towards peace."

Yep...this, so much, but didn't really get out much this year. On furlough I went out at dawn nearly every day

By *inky Biscuit DunkerMan
over a year ago

Gloucestershire

Meditation

Music

Walk in the country

By *rincipessaWoman
over a year ago

your wildest dreams,

Water does it for me.

I’ll go to the beach, most days. Swim, paddleboard, bodyboard. Sometimes just to walk or sit and watch, listen.

If beach is not possible, I have a bath

By *2000ManMan
over a year ago

Worthing

Sitting outside in garden (weather permitting) with a book.

over a year ago

Has anyone seen Chill Out TV on ITV ? It is on early in the mornings but it’s so memorising

By *entlemanFoxMan
over a year ago

North East / London

Inner peace comes from taking pleasure in the simple things in life.

"What is this world, if full of care we have no time to stand and stare"

Sitting in front of a log fire watching the flames dance.

Listening to the distant hoot of an owl.

Lambing starts soon, bringing a new generation of gawky leggy lambs prancing around the fields.

By *izredCouple
over a year ago

mid cornwall

"Paddleboard. The moment I'm.on the water everything else fades away and nature nurtures me towards peace.

I really really want to do it. Sadly nothing near but at first opportunity it is one of those bucket list of things to try at least once. Water, balance, connection - bliss

Happy for you."

I did rent a board at Paddington basin last year and do some of the canals but it wasn't quite as relaxing as the cornish coast

over a year ago

This is something I've never really achieved, to be honest. Maybe a nice walk down a riverbank - flowing water does have a calming effect. And if I meet a friendly cat on the street, that can help too.

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

Sunrise photography, especially by the sea. Wildcamping along the coast watching the stars reflect into the sea and waiting for the sun. Then an early morning skinny dip

over a year ago

I like to meditate to the noises of the sea ect.

I find it very relaxing

over a year ago

Delivery of peace and happiness received. Thanks dear

over a year ago

"I seek the sea and will spend some time in meditation breathing exercises.

If I'm stuck somewhere and overwhelmed I have asmr beach waves to help me ground and regain focus

Oh and come and spend some time with me in the summer and I'll introduce you both into how to fall off a paddleboard "

Yay. Haha. I love having things to look forward

You are allowed to make a video reel of all the falls.

By *lueFireCouple
over a year ago

just somewhere around here

"Paddleboard.

I did rent a board at Paddington basin last year and do some of the canals but it wasn't quite as relaxing as the cornish coast "

True we paddle there a lot last summer we went on an 8 mile from St Michael's Mount to a cove with a hand carved bath in a cave...done for a lady of the Manor who like to bath naked in the sea in private

By *ixenforfunWoman
over a year ago

banes mask

Being by the sea especially on a windy day and listening to the waves crashing.

over a year ago

A good long walk for me, whether through fields (with permission), in the hills or woodlands, always better of there's water near by.

Panning for gold and/or other precious metals can definitely make me zone out for good few hours.

Enjoy sitting in utter silence first thing in the morning for at least 20 minutes, observing thought flit on by before the madness of the day begins

By *rtyIanMan
over a year ago

Gateway to the Beacons

Cold water be it river sea or shower

Meditation and my Reiki

Post new Message to Thread