Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Feelings / Falling For...Someone.

Jump to newest

By *eroLondon OP   Man
over a year ago

Mayfair

Gentlemën, Ladiës, Binariës and Whateveriës...

On one or two occasions I have discoursed with forumites about how they have unwittingly fallen for someone they have met on here.

How easily, if at all, do you - fall in love, in adoration or develop deep feelings with people from Fab?

How do you deal with it?

This is not allegorical by the way; it's not about me...

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Gentlemën, Ladiës, Binariës and Whateveriës...

On one or two occasions I have discoursed with forumites about how they have unwittingly fallen for someone they have met on here.

How easily, if at all, do you - fall in love, in adoration or develop deep feelings with people from Fab?

How do you deal with it?

This is not allegorical by the way; it's not about me..."

Love just seems to lead to heartbreak and sadness especially when a simple conversation would ignite a pure love

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

I don't fall in love easily. It took me a year to fall in love with jay

over a year ago

For me personally it would have to be a very deep emotional connection for any kind of romantic feelings to blossom, I guess you could say I'm emotionally sapiophile, or whatever the version of that is that concerns empathy and kindness.

People I've met on here have just been for physical connection, and I have had no issues thus far with regards to emotions.

If I did, how would I deal with it? Well I'd probably talk to the person I had feelings for, and see if they were reciprocated. If not, then that would be the end of anything physical as far as I would be concerned, just to avoid any issues later down the line.

over a year ago

"I don't fall in love easily. It took me a year to fall in love with jay"

I fall in love to easily and end up ruining things

By *lderflowerappleWoman
over a year ago

Basingstoke

I fall pretty easily, and often too quickly. So for me it's all about understanding boundaries right from the start, and being honest about how I'm feeling. Frank conversations often soon put paid those feelings rising!

By *ong-leggedblondWoman
over a year ago

Next Door

I rarely fall for anyone 100%.

if I do/did then I would want them to be my life partner.

over a year ago

I don’t fall in love easily but I did have very deep feelings for one guy I met on here….. don’t think I’ll do it again thou

over a year ago

"I rarely fall for anyone 100%.

if I do/did then I would want them to be my life partner."

This. I’ve never had for the last 15 years of my life. Scarily close now, though.

By *adMerWoman
over a year ago

Sandwich

I definitely don’t fall in love easily. In fact, I would say with hindsight that I never have.

over a year ago

I completely and utterly adore the significant person in my life. They feel the same way.

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

I grow fond of people... Wouldn't call it love. But I can fall out of it just as quickly if they disappoint me!

over a year ago

Hell no, it's just sex.

By *r TriomanMan
over a year ago

Chippenham Malmesbury area

I had a friend called Al Egorical.

I gorm friendships quite quickly ( if I like someone) but it never goes beyond that. I'm a friendly guy looking for friendship and sex, nothing more.

over a year ago

"I grow fond of people... Wouldn't call it love. But I can fall out of it just as quickly if they disappoint me! "

What disappoints you

over a year ago

I normally have a brick wall around me I’m not on fab for Romance, friendship yeh, but that’s it xxx

By *ictoria_1976TV/TS
over a year ago

Newquay

I've never fallen in love - I like a lot of people but not loved...

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

"I grow fond of people... Wouldn't call it love. But I can fall out of it just as quickly if they disappoint me!

What disappoints you "

Men usually...

If they lie or go AWOL

over a year ago

"I grow fond of people... Wouldn't call it love. But I can fall out of it just as quickly if they disappoint me!

What disappoints you

Men usually...

If they lie or go AWOL "

Lying isn’t just something men do tho. I’ve been in what I thought was a relationship and turned out she just thought we were FWB that sort of lying is destructive

over a year ago

I’ve fallen for so many fwbs that the next one is free

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

What disappoints you

Men usually...

If they lie or go AWOL

Lying isn’t just something men do tho. I’ve been in what I thought was a relationship and turned out she just thought we were FWB that sort of lying is destructive "

I only have experience of men though.

Maybe you should have communicated better?

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I used to develop strong feelings - not love, but strong admiration.

I worked on my boundaries and got better at my own self esteem. And remember being burned

over a year ago

"I used to develop strong feelings - not love, but strong admiration.

I worked on my boundaries and got better at my own self esteem. And remember being burned "

That’s the sort of advice I needed to hear

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

If it was inappropriate - and I really believe it would be - I'd remove myself from the situation. I'm very good at sorting myself out and managing any issues. I prefer a simple life and it really suits me, even if it takes a little work

By *urvySub87Woman
over a year ago

Near Wellingborough

Never been in love but I have had very strong feelings for people before. I've been told countless times, I'm a great friend or a great shag but I'm not relationship/girlfriend material. I just remind myself of that and keep my mouth shut. Who would want to give up amazing sex for rejection anyway

over a year ago

What disappoints you

Men usually...

If they lie or go AWOL

Lying isn’t just something men do tho. I’ve been in what I thought was a relationship and turned out she just thought we were FWB that sort of lying is destructive "

That's not really lying, that's just neither of you communicating with each other.

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

Not looking for love here, I have enough love to sink a ship here. I fell in love with Mr KC fairly quickly. I remember the first time I told him I loved him, stood on the steps at the entrance to the sixth form college we attended. He responded affirmatively by ye olde SMS (10p each; 100 characters) later that evening

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

Due to my solo polyamourous brain, I struggled for an answer treacle, luckily urban dictionary found me a label I am happy with

I am very emotionally Intelligent and my love sits between platonic and romantic for my sexual friends.

It is called Alterous love

over a year ago

I'm a hopeless romantic who wears her heart on her sleeve,I fall in love pretty easily

By *eroLondon OP   Man
over a year ago

Mayfair

"Due to my solo polyamourous brain, I struggled for an answer treacle, luckily urban dictionary found me a label I am happy with

I am very emotionally Intelligent and my love sits between platonic and romantic for my sexual friends.

It is called Alterous love "

Thank you, Compy. Every once in a while you spring forth an unexpected elucidation.

over a year ago

I get strong feelings for people I meet regularly. But they are the same sort of feelings I would get for any friend I spend time with.

By *isaB45Woman
over a year ago

Fabville

Some people see love as a weakness.

I see it as a strength, and I love fiercely.

By *ornucopiaMan
over a year ago

Bexley

"Not looking for love here, I have enough love to sink a ship here. I fell in love with Mr KC fairly quickly. I remember the first time I told him I loved him, stood on the steps at the entrance to the sixth form college we attended. He responded affirmatively by ye olde SMS (10p each; 100 characters) later that evening "

Hw rmntc!

By *eroLondon OP   Man
over a year ago

Mayfair

I aspire for affinity and bonding. And then I find it insurmountably difficult to let go.

over a year ago

"I aspire for affinity and bonding. And then I find it insurmountably difficult to let go."

over a year ago

"Not looking for love here, I have enough love to sink a ship here. I fell in love with Mr KC fairly quickly. I remember the first time I told him I loved him, stood on the steps at the entrance to the sixth form college we attended. He responded affirmatively by ye olde SMS (10p each; 100 characters) later that evening "

By *eroLondon OP   Man
over a year ago

Mayfair

"Some people see love as a weakness.

I see it as a strength, and I love fiercely."

That's a formidable viewpoint.

over a year ago

"I'm a hopeless romantic who wears her heart on her sleeve,I fall in love pretty easily"

This is me too, I have a new FWB on here but I already think too much about him! It's so hard to separate the feelings when a strong connection is formed. We had the chat, I want to not have single meets anymore and he does as he's chatting to a few ladies, it broke my fragile confidence but I want him to be happy so big girl pants for me and realise what fab is about, sex not finding happy ever after!

X

over a year ago

North West

"Not looking for love here, I have enough love to sink a ship here. I fell in love with Mr KC fairly quickly. I remember the first time I told him I loved him, stood on the steps at the entrance to the sixth form college we attended. He responded affirmatively by ye olde SMS (10p each; 100 characters) later that evening

"

We both remember that exact moment on the steps of the sixth form, vividly

I love that, almost 19yrs later, we adore each other, happily live and work together and want to rip each other's clothes off most of the time

over a year ago

I'm not looking for love. I don't mind feelings, but if I find myself getting too attached I'll disconnect because I don't want to put my relationship at risk. I love my partner and who knows what would happen if I played too much with feeling something for someone other than him.

over a year ago

"Not looking for love here, I have enough love to sink a ship here. I fell in love with Mr KC fairly quickly. I remember the first time I told him I loved him, stood on the steps at the entrance to the sixth form college we attended. He responded affirmatively by ye olde SMS (10p each; 100 characters) later that evening

I love that, almost 19yrs later, we adore each other, happily live and work together and want to rip each other's clothes off most of the time "

Sweet Dreams are made of this ^

over a year ago

ah.. shit

dude...

i just fall in to a relationship... one after another.. after another .

thats why im here... to try and break it.

but you know what...

after all tje kinky.shit.and.fantasy everyone ends up.wanting the same thing

a cuddle

over a year ago

I love that, almost 19yrs later, we adore each other, happily live and work together and want to rip each other's clothes off most of the time

Sweet Dreams are made of this ^ "

Aweee hell yeah.

Cuties.

over a year ago

North West

Sweet Dreams are made of this ^ "

Who am I to disagree?!

By *izzy.miss.lizzyCouple
over a year ago

Pembrokeshire

I fell in love with a lovely man who is now my Husband on here.

By *asmine xxxWoman
over a year ago

Cornwall, Bristol

"ah.. shit

dude...

i just fall in to a relationship... one after another.. after another .

thats why im here... to try and break it.

but you know what...

after all tje kinky.shit.and.fantasy everyone ends up.wanting the same thing

a cuddle

"

By *adyBugsWoman
over a year ago

cognito

"Due to my solo polyamourous brain, I struggled for an answer treacle, luckily urban dictionary found me a label I am happy with

It is called Alterous love "

That sounds bloody beautiful! Have you always felt that way or was it something that grew as you evolved? I’m curious as it may help my own journey

over a year ago

"I aspire for affinity and bonding. And then I find it insurmountably difficult to let go."

I hope you're OK lovely. Xx

By *avid 50Man
over a year ago

kendal

In my past experience , my brain gets mixed between lust and love and if I find I am getting too emotionally connected it’s time to go back and do the preliminaries getting to know somebody rather than just getting into bed with somebody. Perhaps I’m old-fashioned Love is to admire a person, lust is to enjoy a person

By *eroLondon OP   Man
over a year ago

Mayfair

"I aspire for affinity and bonding. And then I find it insurmountably difficult to let go.

I hope you're OK lovely. Xx"

Yes, I'm fine.

I think I need to clarify: my remark was 'general' and nothing existential at this time. But you'll be the first to know.

By *eroLondon OP   Man
over a year ago

Mayfair

"In my past experience , my brain gets mixed between lust and love and if I find I am getting too emotionally connected it’s time to go back and do the preliminaries getting to know somebody rather than just getting into bed with somebody. Perhaps I’m old-fashioned Love is to admire a person, lust is to enjoy a person "

Sometimes it's just wonderful to be old-fashioned.

over a year ago

If I had not loved I would have never cried

over a year ago

"If I had not loved I would have never cried"

Dya need some custard pops?

By *ucka39Man
over a year ago

Newcastle

Many many years ago it was more about how well we connected that alone brought stronger feelings some deep but on here I don't see things that way yes we connect have a little bond build trust and respect each other. It's a bit like business and pleasure don't get me wrong are some that gives you that wow factor but nice to bounce off

over a year ago

"If I had not loved I would have never cried

Dya need some custard pops?"

It’s the Cat man!

How ya doing you prodigal Son!

over a year ago

ever fallen in love with someone youv should't have (yes Buzzcocks)

me... every fuckn year... for 23 years

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 06/01/23 23:46:08]

over a year ago

I have liked some as just fab friends, no danger of more.

Considered some as more that came to zero in short order.

Some started strong but fell at the first fence.

Some are still running strong

I feel what I feel. I never hide from feelings and never hide my feelings from others. Not admitting to them won't magic them away.

I love it all tbh. Reminds me I'm alive and free and squeezing every drop of potential from every day.

I think falling and feeling are their own reward. If it ended after a week or a month or a year, I'd value that window and be grateful for that gift. Many never get that much.

My feelings are mine to nurture and/or mend. I don't demand or expect them to be returned. Anything cajoled holds zero value for me.

If they are returned.... happy happy us.

If they are not.... sad, but that's life.

I'll deal, move on and be thankful for having known them and for the window of time.

Trying to stop/control it is like that old metaphor of thinking you can catch water in a colander.

Life can be a series of snapshots of happiness. Not everyone gets a lifelong love with one other. Some are widowed in their 30s. Some divorce in their 70s.

Be happy now. Every single second

By *ylan11Man
over a year ago

osterley

It’s easy to fall for someone when new as your emotions have full control of you but once you’ve had your heart broken it’s just a usual day .

You either have sensual play ( romantics ) or just simple pleasure ( sadistics ) doms .

Pick your side xxx

over a year ago

"It’s easy to fall for someone when new as your emotions have full control of you but once you’ve had your heart broken it’s just a usual day .

You either have sensual play ( romantics ) or just simple pleasure ( sadistics ) doms .

Pick your side xxx"

Not sure I follow you Dylan

over a year ago

"I have liked some as just fab friends, no danger of more.

I feel what I feel. I never hide from feelings and never hide my feelings from others. Not admitting to them won't magic them away.

I love it all tbh. Reminds me I'm alive and free and squeezing every drop of potential from every day.

I think falling and feeling are their own reward. If it ended after a week or a month or a year, I'd value that window and be grateful for that gift. Many never get that much.

My feelings are mine to nurture and/or mend. I don't demand or expect them to be returned. Anything cajoled holds zero value for me.

I'll deal, move on and be thankful for having known them and for the window of time.

Trying to stop/control it is like that old metaphor of thinking you can catch water in a colander.

Life can be a series of snapshots of happiness. Not everyone gets a lifelong love with one other. Some are widowed in their 30s. Some divorce in their 70s.

"

Probably the best, and most profound, post I have ever seen on here. Thank you xx

By *icole 123Woman
over a year ago

Baildon,West Yorkshire

I have been known to develop feelings,I tend to back off if it gets too much,otherwise it gets too messy

over a year ago

"

Not sure I follow you either!

By *liceinwanderlust101Woman
over a year ago

Cambridge/London

Yep, I knew it would be nothing ultimately but still loved him and told him so. Not infatuation, genuine feelings for very good reason.

By *ou only live onceMan
over a year ago

London

Yes, I fall easily, but probably on quite a superficial level as it does take me quite a long time to build a real connection.

I don't know anyone I've met on Fab well enough to say I've fallen beyond that superficial level...yet...but there have been people who things have not worked out with that I've been upset by, suggesting I maybe liked them more than I thought I did. Thems the breaks.

By *ylan11Man
over a year ago

osterley

Either you have an emotional side or just an urge side .

It’s hard to explain to myself at the moment .

over a year ago

"

Probably the best, and most profound, post I have ever seen on here. Thank you xx"

Thank you

By *ylan11Man
over a year ago

osterley

Fair play ??

By *ylan11Man
over a year ago

osterley

By *ornycougaWoman
over a year ago

Wherever I lay my hat

There are people that I enjoy spending time with and that I care about but I'm not sure I either want to, or am capable of, falling in love again

By *liceinwanderlust101Woman
over a year ago

Cambridge/London

"There are people that I enjoy spending time with and that I care about but I'm not sure I either want to, or am capable of, falling in love again"
m

Yeah I think I’m done after him

over a year ago

"There are people that I enjoy spending time with and that I care about but I'm not sure I either want to, or am capable of, falling in love again"

Of course you can fall in love again.

By *ornycougaWoman
over a year ago

Wherever I lay my hat

"There are people that I enjoy spending time with and that I care about but I'm not sure I either want to, or am capable of, falling in love againm

Yeah I think I’m done after him "

You are too young and lovely to have a cold heart of stone like me!

By *eroLondon OP   Man
over a year ago

Mayfair

"Yes, I fall easily, but probably on quite a superficial level as it does take me quite a long time to build a real connection.

I don't know anyone I've met on Fab well enough to say I've fallen beyond that superficial level...yet...but there have been people who things have not worked out with that I've been upset by, suggesting I maybe liked them more than I thought I did. Thems the breaks."

But YOLO, I'm not cavalier with my feelings either. The "affinity" and "bonding" I mentioned earlier takes time to develop and mature. I can't share my body without the emotional investment (whether it's superficial or deep-rooted).

over a year ago

"Yes, I fall easily, but probably on quite a superficial level as it does take me quite a long time to build a real connection.

I don't know anyone I've met on Fab well enough to say I've fallen beyond that superficial level...yet...but there have been people who things have not worked out with that I've been upset by, suggesting I maybe liked them more than I thought I did. Thems the breaks.

But YOLO, I'm not cavalier with my feelings either. The "affinity" and "bonding" I mentioned earlier takes time to develop and mature. I can't share my body without the emotional investment (whether it's superficial or deep-rooted)."

Mate you’re over thinking this lark........it’s a recreational sex site!

Love is a many splendid thing but fab.......it’s just not an issue!

By *eroLondon OP   Man
over a year ago

Mayfair

But YOLO, I'm not cavalier with my feelings either. The "affinity" and "bonding" I mentioned earlier takes time to develop and mature. I can't share my body without the emotional investment (whether it's superficial or deep-rooted).

Mate you’re over thinking this lark........it’s a recreational sex site!

Love is a many splendid thing but fab.......it’s just not an issue!"

No. I'm not overthinking it. People talk about caravans and towbar recommendations on this site. Perhaps your rebuff applies to that as well?

Anything goes on this platform.

By *acDreamyMan
over a year ago

Wirral

"I completely and utterly adore the significant person in my life. They feel the same way. "

Awww, how cute!

By *ou only live onceMan
over a year ago

London

But YOLO, I'm not cavalier with my feelings either. The "affinity" and "bonding" I mentioned earlier takes time to develop and mature. I can't share my body without the emotional investment (whether it's superficial or deep-rooted)."

I'm feeling shallow now, Nero, but I think I might need less emotional investment than you do, though it's obviously lovely when you have both.

By *oo..Woman
over a year ago

Boo's World

Can't share your body but you share chips no problem.....

over a year ago

How do you deal with it?

Did this last year and after months of being led on I caused a mental breakdown to get over them, just sucked they were a close friend and I can’t look at them the same way now but hey that’s how life goes

By *oo..Woman
over a year ago

Boo's World

I'm feeling shallow now, Nero, but I think I might need less emotional investment than you do, though it's obviously lovely when you have both. "

Don't worry I'll save you.....

By *ou only live onceMan
over a year ago

London

I'm feeling shallow now, Nero, but I think I might need less emotional investment than you do, though it's obviously lovely when you have both.

Don't worry I'll save you..... "

Ok. But FYI, I'd only share chips extremely grudgingly...

By *eroLondon OP   Man
over a year ago

Mayfair

Can't share your body but you share chips no problem..... "

Are you ever going let me go over this 'first meet' faux pas??

over a year ago

Personally, I look at this website as our”toy”. As it should be. For me,I don’t fall easily for people. I adore beautiful woman or man and that as far it goes.

Alice

By *old HoopsWoman
over a year ago

Near Chester

"I'm a hopeless romantic who wears her heart on her sleeve,I fall in love pretty easily

This is me too, I have a new FWB on here but I already think too much about him! It's so hard to separate the feelings when a strong connection is formed. We had the chat, I want to not have single meets anymore and he does as he's chatting to a few ladies, it broke my fragile confidence but I want him to be happy so big girl pants for me and realise what fab is about, sex not finding happy ever after!

X"

*Cuddles* This is me and this is why I gave up on FWB because the benefits were outweighed by the shattered feeling I had when the connection wasn't shared.

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple
over a year ago

Leeds

You need a heart to get feelings. I struggle in the heart department. Went into deep freeze many moons ago and still has not thawed out.

The mr

over a year ago

Arghhh. The L word

over a year ago

Have only had two solid FWBs when previously on here. The last was a close call despite us both making it explicit that if we did begin to have feelings for each other we would need to stop as both of us were in relationships. I suppose it comes with the territory, especially when you meet with same person for regular fun.

over a year ago

Can and does happen but for it to work both have to have the same feelings for each other , there is no point in one having feelings for the other , it's a waste of time tbh , do not pursue the inevitable , end it quick ,save yourself the heartbreak that comes with falling for another when you know it's not reciprocated, cause that's exactly what it is ... heartbreak.

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

I have enough from friends and family to not require the intense, overwhelming type from a significant other.

I’m open to being surprised but I think it’s highly unlikely. To fall in love like that you need to be really looking for it, even if you don’t know it.

over a year ago

"

Very well said

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

It is called Alterous love

That sounds bloody beautiful! Have you always felt that way or was it something that grew as you evolved? I’m curious as it may help my own journey "

I've always had it. I just didn't know what it was called until now. Growing up with multiple at the same time longterm sexual partners was the norm for me. I didn't know it was called polyamory until I came here.

But I do think it can be learned as well, depending on your emotional intelligence levels

over a year ago

People can fall in love anywhere. With someone they chat to on the bus every day, a work colleague, a friend. I don't know why it's frowned upon by some people when human beings get feelings for each other.

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

I develop feelings for people. I wouldn't say often but they're not something I shy away from. But love? I might say it during sex because I'm full of endorphins (yep, I'm that awful sort of person) but I've never quite got there with loving another, bar my fiancé. I kind of love people but it stops there. I never fall for someone. So I'll say I'm falling for someone for months because I am.

Sometimes I think I could maybe but then I'm reminded why I couldn't/they do something silly and it puts my walls up a bit. So, I'm on board with having feelings for others but I somehow doubt it will ever be that deep Heathcliffesque love. Who knows though? You can't predict or control it.

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

Oh and how do I deal with it?

Sometimes I'll go with it. Be a bit reckless, all heaving bosom, daydreaming, swooning, gently spoken soft words of care and love. Other times my rather logical, practical mind kicks in and I think... come now Meli, really? They clearly don't mean it/it's not reciprocated. And I'll step away a fair bit.

By *rtyIanMan
over a year ago

Gateway to the Beacons

Don’t say the L word

By *eroLondon OP   Man
over a year ago

Mayfair

"Don’t say the L word "

Latrine?

over a year ago

"I get strong feelings for people I meet regularly. But they are the same sort of feelings I would get for any friend I spend time with.

"

This

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

How do you deal with it?

its easily done and some married women here have admitted theyve fallen for their FB and visa versa, I'm single so if it happens to me so be it

By *ora the explorerWoman
over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

I don’t fall in love but yeah I have feelings for people I meet. Feelings have never scared me though, I doubt I could meet someone regularly without feeling something. I don’t really feel I need to deal with it. I think it depends what kind of person you are. I know what I want and I know I don’t want a relationship. I guess I’m able to compartmentalise easily. Hard to explain really but it works for me x

over a year ago

Feelings what are they, the trust issues get in the way, and the fortress like defences have a massive influence lol

By *osta del sol KinkytimesMan
over a year ago

Campanillas, Spain

What is love?

What's love got to do with it?

But......

Love is a many splendid thing

Love is in the air

over a year ago

"Don’t say the L word "

Lapidarist ? That one is set in stone.

By *eroLondon OP   Man
over a year ago

Mayfair

"Oh and how do I deal with it?

Sometimes I'll go with it. Be a bit reckless, all heaving bosom, daydreaming, swooning, gently spoken soft words of care and love. Other times my rather logical, practical mind kicks in and I think... come now Meli, really? They clearly don't mean it/it's not reciprocated. And I'll step away a fair bit. "

I feel if the path is preordained then I agree it's worth the footfall. I think it's always worth being 'sensibly reckless'!

Post new Message to Thread