Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

LGBT figures

Jump to newest

By *achel Smyth OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

Farnborough

Hi gorgeous people xx

It was good to see the 3.1m who identified as LGB in the last census … we are not the only gays in the village anymore …. obviously!!

Of note, it was also good to see 250,000 identify as trans. This really does help boost confidence.. well it does for me, that we aren’t alone … which is how I felt for many years. I think we are still far from being fully accepted in society (less so than the LGB community I believe), but we are no longer finger pointed and ridiculed (well perhaps not as much as we used to be) when out in public. It really lifted my spirits today.

R xx

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I think you mean 1.3 million, in England and Wales. But yes.

By *uzie69xTV/TS
over a year ago

Maidstone

I think the LGBT figures will be a massive under count.

A lot of trans folks work so hard to "pass" to the extent of getting their birth certificate changed. Why would they then declare themselves trans on the Census form?

Also imagine daddy filling out the Census form in (column 1), married to female wife (column 2) followed by all the children.

Daddy loves to shag men and TV/TS while on business trip or to gay sauna after work so he's fully bi. Don't think he's going to put himself as anything but hetro on the Census form while his wife helps him out to make sure it's all accurate ...

By *achel Smyth OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

Farnborough

I think that’s a fair assumption Suzie.

There are many of us who dress and are TV .. but not necessarily fully identify as ‘trans’ … I know I don’t!

…. Wooohhhooo - even more of us!! Lol x

By *uzie69xTV/TS
over a year ago

Maidstone

"I think that’s a fair assumption Suzie.

There are many of us who dress and are TV .. but not necessarily fully identify as ‘trans’ … I know I don’t!

…. Wooohhhooo - even more of us!! Lol x"

Post new Message to Thread