Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Post chrismtas

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Anyone else feel really lonely and crap at this time of year? I get to see lots of people at work but it’s not quite the same.

Not attention seeking but just want you to know that you’re not unusual if you feel the same x

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

"Anyone else feel really lonely and crap at this time of year? I get to see lots of people at work but it’s not quite the same.

Not attention seeking but just want you to know that you’re not unusual if you feel the same x"

Hey i guess its normal too feel lonely after a social event like Christmas, I'm alone but I'm not alone but know where you are coming from, look at it this way good things are coming your way in 2023

By *Jones19Man
over a year ago

Evesham, Worcester, Pershore

Yeah. Every year.

I try and find things to get lost in to help distract from it. I safe a few tv things to watch specifically after Xmas. A video game or 2 ect ect.

Its a tough time of year, after seeing people together, noticing your maybe the only single at an even, family asking "when you gonna get a gf/bf" ect ect. Do your best to glide past it however you can.

By *ornycougaWoman
over a year ago

Wherever I lay my hat

I think many of us feel deflated and down in January after all of the excesses and social events associated with Christmas. I try to give myself things to look forward to during January and February to help me beat the blues. As a skier I am very fortunate that I always have that to look forward to but it is also little things like arranging a night out with friends or visiting a favourite park or riverside walk and just enjoying being outdoors on a cold, crisp day. Keep smiling: you aren't on your own x

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

I think it's natural to feel a bit flat after the fuss and excitement of Christmas. Especially when it is so dull and gloomy outside.

By *elix SightedMan
over a year ago

Cloud 8

"Anyone else feel really lonely and crap at this time of year? I get to see lots of people at work but it’s not quite the same.

Not attention seeking but just want you to know that you’re not unusual if you feel the same x"

Yes! I hate it. I've got tons of time off work and nothing to do. I live away from friends and family and I get bored doing things on my own. I like my own company but this is getting a bit much! Enjoying exploring the Carlisle coffee shops haha.

Going to the gym and out for walks and trying to relax, but it is a depressing time.

like you OP, I'm not attention seeking, just agreeing with you and weighing in.

By *etslaughtogetherMan
over a year ago

Basingstoke / Reading

Absolutely, you go from one extreme to another. From friends and family inviting you to go out and do things all the time, to people very often becoming hermits, after over spending, plus it’s a long wait from December to the end of January for pay.

I find it’s a lot easier to get people to go out for coffee or the like, than it is other things. It’s cheap, no real pressure to stay out for ages either .

By *skyouneverknowMan
over a year ago

Calne

I deliberately book stuff to do in Jan/Feb/Mar - I've always done it, e. g. A rock weekend, show and cheap tickets to Budapest, I find its the most important time to plan to fill.

The rest of the year tends to look after itself

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

you aren't alone Px

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Thanks all of you. X

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

No different from any other time of the year when you're single!

By *ou only live onceMan
over a year ago

London

I'm not lonely, but it's definitely a tough time of year for lots of people, and feels like a long stretch until the warmer days/longer evenings.

I always book in lots of things to look forward to make the days/weeks go more quickly. Know not open to everyone, but can you book a holiday, OP? That's what I've done!

Post new Message to Thread