Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Profile advise

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

See alot of people unsure about their profiles would like to make this thread for people who'd like to advise on what can be changed I know mine isn't the best as I can't often think of things to say so went for the honest approach would love to get feedback and even help others that are struggling so if you can just offer your honest opinion that would be great please don't be mean to others just be constructive with your criticism

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I can only say what I find attractive in a profile and what I don't.

Attractive =

Positivity

Humour

Brevity

Clarity

Attractive pictures

Unattractive=

Negativity

A list of demands

Put code word in message

Legal warnings

Action shots

I think it's more about that interaction when people message anyway but I know not everyone feels that way

over a year ago

"I can only say what I find attractive in a profile and what I don't.

Attractive =

Positivity

Humour

Brevity

Clarity

Attractive pictures

Unattractive=

Negativity

A list of demands

Put code word in message

Legal warnings

Action shots

I think it's more about that interaction when people message anyway but I know not everyone feels that way

"

Thanks for the feedback much appreciated

By *ou only live onceMan
over a year ago

London

OP, I'd be unlikely to look at any profile without a profile pic, so I'd start there...

By *batMan
over a year ago

Alicante, Spain. (Sometimes in Wales)

What you're saying is okay, but a bit brief for me. But hey, it's your profile so if brief suits you, then all good.

Also, more pics would be good from my point of view.

I was going to tidy up your punctuation and grammar for you, but I can't DM you.

Do you want me to post it in the thread?

Best of luck,

Gbat

By *ou only live onceMan
over a year ago

London

"OP, I'd be unlikely to look at any profile without a profile pic, so I'd start there..."

Not that you want me looking at your profile, I know, but you get my gist.

over a year ago

"OP, I'd be unlikely to look at any profile without a profile pic, so I'd start there..."

I got pics I just won't put my face as a profile pic and not one to set a cock pic either and I'm not ripped so my body isn't a good choice either lol I so have public pics though

By *sBlueWoman
over a year ago

Up North

"OP, I'd be unlikely to look at any profile without a profile pic, so I'd start there...

I got pics I just won't put my face as a profile pic and not one to set a cock pic either and I'm not ripped so my body isn't a good choice either lol I so have public pics though "

But your face is on your profile?

By *ou only live onceMan
over a year ago

London

"OP, I'd be unlikely to look at any profile without a profile pic, so I'd start there...

I got pics I just won't put my face as a profile pic and not one to set a cock pic either and I'm not ripped so my body isn't a good choice either lol I so have public pics though "

There's loads you could think about, even a cropped clothed body shot? I used to have my feet! I think pretty much anything is better than the silhouette...

(But I don't quite get the logic of a public face pic but not as your profile pic!)

over a year ago

I got pics I just won't put my face as a profile pic and not one to set a cock pic either and I'm not ripped so my body isn't a good choice either lol I so have public pics though

There's loads you could think about, even a cropped clothed body shot? I used to have my feet! I think pretty much anything is better than the silhouette...

(But I don't quite get the logic of a public face pic but not as your profile pic!)"

You know that's a good point never really thought about it lol

over a year ago

There should be up now sod it lol

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"There should be up now sod it lol "

It's a nice face

over a year ago

"There should be up now sod it lol

It's a nice face

"

Aha thanks I appreciate it

By *acavityMan
over a year ago

Redditch

Punctuation

33 single and looking for nsa fun have had quite a vanilla sex life that would like to move away from and explore more things in life would love to find myself a women who knows the ropes and can teach an old dog new tricks.... love to give and receive oral so ladies if you enjoy it to then we will be in for a treat, hoping 2023 will be the start of a great sexual exploration in my life

Could be

Hi, I'm looking for nsa fun

Up til now I have had quite a vanilla sex life that I would like to move away from

Looking to explore more things in life and would love to find myself a women who knows the ropes and can teach an old dog new tricks.

I love to give and receive oral so ladies if you enjoy it to then we will be in for a treat.

Here's hoping 2023 will be the start of a great sexual exploration in my life

By removing the repetition of 33 single

And breaking up the sentences, it doesn't sound so hurried and breathless. More relaxed, less desperate.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Punctuation

33 single and looking for nsa fun have had quite a vanilla sex life that would like to move away from and explore more things in life would love to find myself a women who knows the ropes and can teach an old dog new tricks.... love to give and receive oral so ladies if you enjoy it to then we will be in for a treat, hoping 2023 will be the start of a great sexual exploration in my life

Could be

Up til now I have had quite a vanilla sex life that I would like to move away from

Looking to explore more things in life and would love to find myself a women who knows the ropes and can teach an old dog new tricks.

I love to give and receive oral so ladies if you enjoy it to then we will be in for a treat.

And breaking up the sentences, it doesn't sound so hurried and breathless. More relaxed, less desperate.

"

And now represents your writing style rather than his

By *acavityMan
over a year ago

Redditch

"Punctuation

Could be

And now represents your writing style rather than his "

Their still his words, just changed the pacing and delivery.

He did ask for advice, after all.

He still has to message people, and I'm not going to be Cyrano de Bergerac for him.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 03/01/23 13:04:51]

By *mber and FireCouple
over a year ago

Carmarthenshire

"Punctuation

Could be

Does it? I saw it as a suggestion rather than a "you should copy this word for word."

over a year ago

"Punctuation

Could be

Does it? I saw it as a suggestion rather than a "you should copy this word for word.""

I won't take things word for word but I will separate my lines lol

over a year ago

"Punctuation

Could be

"

Thanks for the input much appreciated

By *heKinkExplorerMan
over a year ago

leicester

I find people are super uptight about grammar on here for some unknown reason, even when messaging

By *iscean_dreamMan
over a year ago

Llanelli

It's a nice face

Aha thanks I appreciate it "

Carful OP, have you seen face off?

over a year ago

It's a nice face

Carful OP, have you seen face off? "

Great film but now I'm scared

By *iscean_dreamMan
over a year ago

Llanelli

It's a nice face

Carful OP, have you seen face off?

Great film but now I'm scared "

She could be a face collector

I'm joking, she's actually quite nice and friendly but don't tell her that

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

"See alot of people unsure about their profiles would like to make this thread for people who'd like to advise on what can be changed I know mine isn't the best as I can't often think of things to say so went for the honest approach would love to get feedback and even help others that are struggling so if you can just offer your honest opinion that would be great please don't be mean to others just be constructive with your criticism "

More photos, be creative and have a variety.

Not many women will be looking to teach a guy.

By *batMan
over a year ago

Alicante, Spain. (Sometimes in Wales)

"I find people are super uptight about grammar on here for some unknown reason, even when messaging "

Why shouldn't they be? Sexual attraction is about a lot more than good looking.

Gbat

By *instonandLadyAstorCouple
over a year ago

Not where we seem to be...

"Punctuation

Could be

And lacks punctuation.

Winston

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Punctuation

Could be

Their still his words, just changed the pacing and delivery.

He did ask for advice, after all.

He still has to message people, and I'm not going to be Cyrano de Bergerac for him."

I take your point. All advice is good.

over a year ago

OP it’s your profile, you write it how you best feel suites you…. You are going to appeal to some but not everyone, don’t be so hung up, if your looking for ideas maybes try reading other peoples to see how they present themselves but ultimately it is your profile wrote by you and that’s what matters

I have personal issues with grammar but don’t mind other peoples issues we aren’t all perfect and I wouldn’t let that be an issue, we all have flaws

over a year ago

"OP it’s your profile, you write it how you best feel suites you…. You are going to appeal to some but not everyone, don’t be so hung up, if your looking for ideas maybes try reading other peoples to see how they present themselves but ultimately it is your profile wrote by you and that’s what matters

I have personal issues with grammar but don’t mind other peoples issues we aren’t all perfect and I wouldn’t let that be an issue, we all have flaws "

Thank you I'm all for taking constructive criticism and advise and am never hurt by people's words,

it's nice that alot of people have shared their opinions and alot of them have been taken into account that I'm sure will help going forward .

My grammar was never the best but something I am working on,

Hope everyone can take something from this as I know it isn't just me that struggle talking about themselves or being able to put it in words.

By * and R cple4Couple
over a year ago

swansea

You come across as nice polite and respectful which is already a great start .

For us this is far more important than grammar and being able to spell.

By *mber and FireCouple
over a year ago

Carmarthenshire

Profiles are really the first port of call to show yourself in a good light.

Someone on another profile thread that a single, well crafted line can be just as interesting. I agree, but it's difficult. The point there though is that a long profile doesn't automatically make a better profile. There are some which are just word vomit, ramble, and repeating information.

Spell check, autocorrect etc are all tools people have access too. The effort which people put into a profile - whether that's the words or the pictures call tell you everything you need to know about someone, even before messages get sent.

1 perfect paragraph and a few well shot pictures will always be much better than someone trying to fill a 500 word essay after they've ran out of words, with a few unfocused dick pictures as a bonus.

over a year ago

"You come across as nice polite and respectful which is already a great start .

For us this is far more important than grammar and being able to spell."

Thanks i always try to be, you never get anywhere being rude to people

over a year ago

"Profiles are really the first port of call to show yourself in a good light.

Someone on another profile thread that a single, well crafted line can be just as interesting. I agree, but it's difficult. The point there though is that a long profile doesn't automatically make a better profile. There are some which are just word vomit, ramble, and repeating information.

Spell check, autocorrect etc are all tools people have access too. The effort which people put into a profile - whether that's the words or the pictures call tell you everything you need to know about someone, even before messages get sent.

1 perfect paragraph and a few well shot pictures will always be much better than someone trying to fill a 500 word essay after they've ran out of words, with a few unfocused dick pictures as a bonus."

Really appreciate you taking the time to write that thanks for the feedback

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

"See alot of people unsure about their profiles would like to make this thread for people who'd like to advise on what can be changed I know mine isn't the best as I can't often think of things to say so went for the honest approach would love to get feedback and even help others that are struggling so if you can just offer your honest opinion that would be great please don't be mean to others just be constructive with your criticism "
Out of interest what is a vanilla sex life youre either good at sex or youre not, theirs no difference except in the BDSM and sadist/fetist worlds, sex is sex, if you want advice then your profile pics look ok but you need to write more, bit of humour, tell people what you like or dont like and dont expect women to come to you, in your case they might but dont underestimate your competition, good luck

over a year ago

To be honest, I am not sure if anything really matters because it’s mostly guys messaging everyone else.

Have a profile pic and send a couple of decent pics with the message. As long as you are within a decent distance and the person is draw to the picture, that’s a huge start.

Make sure you are polite and respectful. We delete message with thinks like, would love to fuck…. Or heavy cummer, or meet now

Post new Message to Thread