Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Crappest/ unsuitable present

Jump to newest

By *edonism44 OP   Man
over a year ago

oldham

What's the worst gift you got this Christmas, be it totally useless to you or absolutely crap??

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I've been quite lucky this year. My daughters have good taste like their mother lol x

By *edonism44 OP   Man
over a year ago

oldham

When I was 19 I got a red Santa Wellington boot full of flying saucer sweets lol xxx

By *edonism44 OP   Man
over a year ago

oldham

When I was 19 I got a red Santa Wellington boot full of flying saucer sweets lol xxx from my grandma .... Bless her xxx

over a year ago

I only got one present this year, a finger of fudge off my daughter lol

over a year ago

Nothing though the hat my brother bought me is a little small and fluffy, not really the sort of thing I wear, think he thinks its going to snow though

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

All my presents where lovely, i did get a potato peeler in my stocking lol

over a year ago

A pair of shiny thongs of my granny

By *edonism44 OP   Man
over a year ago

oldham

"All my presents where lovely, i did get a potato peeler in my stocking lol"

Textbook lol!!!!! Xxxx

over a year ago

Eyelashes for my car

over a year ago

"Eyelashes for my car "

Anyone wanna swap lol

By *radleyandRavenCouple
over a year ago

Herts

I wouldn't say it was crap but my brother has bought me paintballing tickets... I HATE paintballing! _

- Amy. x

By *radleyandRavenCouple
over a year ago

Herts

"Eyelashes for my car "

That's kind of awesome actually, lol.

If I had a car, I would... XD x

By *U1966Man
over a year ago

Devon

Pair of socks with my name on

over a year ago

"I wouldn't say it was crap but my brother has bought me paintballing tickets... I HATE paintballing! _

- Amy. x"

he is probably hoping that you will say you hate it and then he can use.the tickets.himself lol

over a year ago

Got given a fairy cake tin yesterday

The year before last we got given 4 chairs that every time you sat on them they would tip you on the floor.

Both from the same person

over a year ago

Apart from the jumper my parents got me and the CD I know my daughter has bought for me, the rest were rubbish and they'll all be either used or in the bin by the end of January. Siren isn't the best present buyer by a long shot, but I've got used to it by now.

over a year ago

A box of miniature forks???? ! X

By *radleyandRavenCouple
over a year ago

Herts

"I wouldn't say it was crap but my brother has bought me paintballing tickets... I HATE paintballing! _

- Amy. x

he is probably hoping that you will say you hate it and then he can use.the tickets.himself lol"

Probably, lol. I'm gonna hold on to them out of spite though. XD x

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

This thread has made me laugh, you do wonder what goes through peoples minds when they buy these gifts

over a year ago

"This thread has made me laugh, you do wonder what goes through peoples minds when they buy these gifts"

I've come to the conclusion that nothing goes through their minds at all. Certainly not any feelings of love or consideration for the person they are buying them for.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

Oh i had to laugh, the old guy i had invited for christmas day, kept saying before hand that he would show me his appreciation. He spent the whole day here with full christmas dinner, lots of alcohol and he also had room for tea. He showed his appreciation by presenting me wih a small box of after eights. I didnt expect or want anything but it made me laugh

over a year ago

"Eyelashes for my car

That's kind of awesome actually, lol.

If I had a car, I would... XD x"

You would if you saw the work involved with putting them on and you glue them, then curl them lol, its bad enough curling my own lashes never mind my cars lol xx

over a year ago

Not done too bad this year .... crappiest i got was a desk set .. ie stapler/holepunch etc !! .... thats ok if i had a desk ! ... but as i dont.

over a year ago

Fluffy bedsocks, wouldn't mind but this is the second pair this month my friend has given me. It was she who bought me my onesie last Christmas.

I'm sure she thinks because I'm the only one of her friends who hasn't got a husband to warm me in bed that I need wrapping up well.

over a year ago

I (Paul) got a penis mug from my sister inlaw more of a jokey present

By *teborahCouple
over a year ago

warrington

I spent about £650 on various presents for various people and recieved presents back from the same people, which I would estimate the value of about £30. In some cases the wrapping was more expensive than the contents and they tell you as you open it "well its not much as it's the thought that counts".......yeah I know fuck all thought where I'm sat!. I really must try it next year and say it to them as they open their shit presents so I can save a shit load of money

over a year ago

My dad got shampoo n conditioner he is bald!

By *radleyandRavenCouple
over a year ago

Herts

"You would if you saw the work involved with putting them on and you glue them, then curl them lol, its bad enough curling my own lashes never mind my cars lol xx"

Ah sod it, I'll just draw them on, lol!

Oh, my brother got given a pink ladies T-shirt as well with a plunging v-neck... Almost pissed myself when he put it on, VERY Louie Spence! x

By *radleyandRavenCouple
over a year ago

Herts

"My dad got shampoo n conditioner he is bald! "

They're the worst ones! x

over a year ago

"I spent about £650 on various presents for various people and recieved presents back from the same people, which I would estimate the value of about £30. In some cases the wrapping was more expensive than the contents and they tell you as you open it "well its not much as it's the thought that counts".......yeah I know fuck all thought where I'm sat!. I really must try it next year and say it to them as they open their shit presents so I can save a shit load of money "

I know the feeling. Sometimes I feel like wrapping up an empty box and when they open it with a bemused look on their face I say, "It's the thought that counts, think that the box contains something you really want."

over a year ago

"I (Paul) got a penis mug from my sister inlaw more of a jokey present "

The inlaws do that to me. Got a fucking wooly hat with flaps that come down over the ears and with a bobble on a string on the end of them to tie under my chin. All I need now is a fucking anorak and a pair of glasses with some white tape around the bridge to complete my Gimp Deluxe Outfit.

By *ackandkateCouple
over a year ago

Truro

"I (Paul) got a penis mug from my sister inlaw more of a jokey present

The inlaws do that to me. Got a fucking wooly hat with flaps that come down over the ears and with a bobble on a string on the end of them to tie under my chin. All I need now is a fucking anorak and a pair of glasses with some white tape around the bridge to complete my Gimp Deluxe Outfit. "

suits you Sir

over a year ago

"I (Paul) got a penis mug from my sister inlaw more of a jokey present

The inlaws do that to me. Got a fucking wooly hat with flaps that come down over the ears and with a bobble on a string on the end of them to tie under my chin. All I need now is a fucking anorak and a pair of glasses with some white tape around the bridge to complete my Gimp Deluxe Outfit.

suits you Sir "

If they get me a kagool and not a proper anorak I won't be fucking happy about it.

By *ackandkateCouple
over a year ago

Truro

"My dad got shampoo n conditioner he is bald! "

I got 2 sets and I'm balder than most of the fannies on here

I'm going to use it though.

We'll have the poshest smelling hound in Cornwall

over a year ago

"My dad got shampoo n conditioner he is bald!

We'll have the poshest smelling hound in Cornwall "

Are you a bit of a bear in other areas though?

By *ackandkateCouple
over a year ago

Truro

Are you a bit of a bear in other areas though? "

No mate, I'm about as hairy as a snake. I've got very little body hair, although I can grow a good beard. I haven't even got any eyebrows and my arms and legs look like I've got shares in Veet

By *ackandkateCouple
over a year ago

Truro

[Removed by poster at 26/12/12 10:30:18]

over a year ago

No mate, I'm about as hairy as a snake. I've got very little body hair, although I can grow a good beard. I haven't even got any eyebrows and my arms and legs look like I've got shares in Veet "

I can grow pubes that David Bellamy would feel at home in, but apart from a few loose tummy hairs I'm the same as you. But... I do have a full head of hair that has only just started greying at the temples that I'm quite proud of considering I'm 47.

over a year ago

No mate, I'm about as hairy as a snake. I've got very little body hair, although I can grow a good beard. I haven't even got any eyebrows and my arms and legs look like I've got shares in Veet "

sounds like you need mr sheen instead to keep you shiny

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"I spent about £650 on various presents for various people and recieved presents back from the same people, which I would estimate the value of about £30. In some cases the wrapping was more expensive than the contents and they tell you as you open it "well its not much as it's the thought that counts".......yeah I know fuck all thought where I'm sat!. I really must try it next year and say it to them as they open their shit presents so I can save a shit load of money "

Our circumstances are such that we genuinely can't afford to spend much money this year, it was quite tough opening expensive gifts from our.daughter knowing that what we'd given her cost a fraction of what she'd spent on us by fortunately she doesn't have your attitude.

over a year ago

"I spent about £650 on various presents for various people and recieved presents back from the same people, which I would estimate the value of about £30. In some cases the wrapping was more expensive than the contents and they tell you as you open it "well its not much as it's the thought that counts".......yeah I know fuck all thought where I'm sat!. I really must try it next year and say it to them as they open their shit presents so I can save a shit load of money

Our circumstances are such that we genuinely can't afford to spend much money this year, it was quite tough opening expensive gifts from our.daughter knowing that what we'd given her cost a fraction of what she'd spent on us by fortunately she doesn't have your attitude."

In the past I have spent thousands not hundreds on gifts. Circumstances changed for me also and now I cannot afford to be so generous with money.

But, the generosity and love in my heart for those I give gifts to counts just as much with family and friends, than monetary value. Those are life's true friends who accept the person not what they can 'get out of them'.

By *ackandkateCouple
over a year ago

Truro

No mate, I'm about as hairy as a snake. I've got very little body hair, although I can grow a good beard. I haven't even got any eyebrows and my arms and legs look like I've got shares in Veet sounds like you need mr sheen instead to keep you shiny "

Want to swap a bottle of Joop for a can of Pledge

over a year ago

No mate, I'm about as hairy as a snake. I've got very little body hair, although I can grow a good beard. I haven't even got any eyebrows and my arms and legs look like I've got shares in Veet sounds like you need mr sheen instead to keep you shiny

Want to swap a bottle of Joop for a can of Pledge "

Joop? Nah, that's the stuff given to men by women to encourage their more 'gentle' side. Smells like a bottle of feminist pussy juice with some dandelion nectar thrown in to disguise it, but I'm onto them, I know feminist pussy juice when I smell it.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

I think everyone was pleased with the presents i gave them, i made a boo boo one year by buying my brother in law a set with shaving gel and he has a beard

over a year ago

By *pl- capdagdeCouple
over a year ago

Cap d agde,France

We don't bother anymore for that simple reason of buying shit that nobody needs...

We wait until after xmas,and spend the money on something we actually want, for half the price !

By *exki11enWoman
over a year ago

Bristol

"I spent about £650 on various presents for various people and recieved presents back from the same people, which I would estimate the value of about £30. In some cases the wrapping was more expensive than the contents and they tell you as you open it "well its not much as it's the thought that counts".......yeah I know fuck all thought where I'm sat!. I really must try it next year and say it to them as they open their shit presents so I can save a shit load of money

Our circumstances are such that we genuinely can't afford to spend much money this year, it was quite tough opening expensive gifts from our.daughter knowing that what we'd given her cost a fraction of what she'd spent on us by fortunately she doesn't have your attitude."

Some of the responses in this thread have left a distinctly sour taste in my mouth. They're more responses that i'd expect from ungrateful children, not grown adults who should realise we're in a recession.

I'm grateful for each & every gift I received this year. Even if some of them weren't so well thought out, I know they were well meant.

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

One of the boys asked for a spork so I got everyone a spork. I wait to read that the worst present people received this year was a spork.

By *ezebelWoman
over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

"One of the boys asked for a spork so I got everyone a spork. I wait to read that the worst present people received this year was a spork."

Whats a spork?

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple
over a year ago

Bolton

I'd never say that a gift i have been given is crap - it's the thought that counts! Z

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

"One of the boys asked for a spork so I got everyone a spork. I wait to read that the worst present people received this year was a spork.

Whats a spork?"

It's a spoon and a fork in one.

By *ezebelWoman
over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

"One of the boys asked for a spork so I got everyone a spork. I wait to read that the worst present people received this year was a spork.

Whats a spork?

It's a spoon and a fork in one."

Doh of course...

I had a mental picture of one of those fluffy toy gonk things for some reason.

By *heekychezzaWoman
over a year ago

warrington

Got some wonderful presents this year...been a very lucky lady. Did have a bit of a giggle last year when one of my sisters-in law bought me a (very nice) umbrella - I've had to use crutches for the past 14 years - so no hand free to use a brolly

Post new Message to Thread