Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Mental Health check in 2/1/23

Jump to newest

By *elloIntrigue OP   Man
over a year ago

North West UK

Hi everyone and apologies I'm late with this. I know others will fall back on the busy time of year etc, and there is an element of truth there. I will be honest I've felt a bit more quiet than usual since the turn of the year.

Next Monday (9th) marks two years since my brother died due to complications with Covid. He is missed every single day. I've booked a couple of days off work next week around this time and I'm not sure how I will feel.

I have started busying myself with looking towards this next year which sees a couple of projects need my attention and hopefully the continuation of going okay at work following my promotion last January.

To be fair I'm now looking forward to 10th January as I feel that's when life starts moving again for me.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

over a year ago

North West UK

Bumping this up if anyone would like to share how they are feeling.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Sorry I didn't bump this, I didn't see it. Hope you are ok.

By *rFoxAndXenoCouple
over a year ago

Weymouth

Also have only just seen, biggest of healing hugs to you OP this extends to anyone else who may need it

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Well I've just got over the first Christmas without my beloved and January the first was the 10th anniversary of my dad dying. Also last christmas I had a traumatic event but I've survived. Sadly as the new year has come around I know two people at the end of their life. Buy I will manage

over a year ago

It’s almost my one year anniversary since I had a complete meltdown. I lost my stepdad, cousin and a friend within a month plus loads of other stuff that come with being a single parent,

I took a step back from here until recently but now feel ready to get back to it

over a year ago

Hugs to you op and hope you're feeling ok. This thread is a great idea and hope it helps both you and others, and thank you.

Personally, my marriage broke down and by extension most of my life came crashing down around me a few months ago. Would have been my anniversary on New year's eve

By *ddictedToLoveMan
over a year ago

Gloucestershire

"Hi everyone and apologies I'm late with this. I know others will fall back on the busy time of year etc, and there is an element of truth there. I will be honest I've felt a bit more quiet than usual since the turn of the year.

Next Monday (9th) marks two years since my brother died due to complications with Covid. He is missed every single day. I've booked a couple of days off work next week around this time and I'm not sure how I will feel.

I have started busying myself with looking towards this next year which sees a couple of projects need my attention and hopefully the continuation of going okay at work following my promotion last January.

To be fair I'm now looking forward to 10th January as I feel that's when life starts moving again for me.

"

I’m so sorry about your brother I’m glad you’re doing projects and congrats on the promotion

I’ve been better. I’ve been unmotivated and depressed for a while. Taking anti depressants but still struggling with sleep and motivation. Not where I wanna be in life but I’m better than I was.

over a year ago

North West UK

" Sorry I didn't bump this, I didn't see it. Hope you are ok.

"

Thank you, yes I just feel in a kind of limbo currently and know I will feel like this until after the anniversary.

over a year ago

North West UK

"Also have only just seen, biggest of healing hugs to you OP this extends to anyone else who may need it "

Thank you very much! Definitely hugs to others that also need them!

over a year ago

North West UK

"Well I've just got over the first Christmas without my beloved and January the first was the 10th anniversary of my dad dying. Also last christmas I had a traumatic event but I've survived. Sadly as the new year has come around I know two people at the end of their life. Buy I will manage"

What an emotional rollercoaster this time of year is for you! Good thoughts and best wishes from me. You are right, we find a way to manage.

over a year ago

North West UK

"It’s almost my one year anniversary since I had a complete meltdown. I lost my stepdad, cousin and a friend within a month plus loads of other stuff that come with being a single parent,

I took a step back from here until recently but now feel ready to get back to it "

I'm glad that you are finding your feet again! Thanks for joining in.

over a year ago

North West UK

"Hugs to you op and hope you're feeling ok. This thread is a great idea and hope it helps both you and others, and thank you.

Personally, my marriage broke down and by extension most of my life came crashing down around me a few months ago. Would have been my anniversary on New year's eve"

Thank you, usually, my contribution on these threads is to offer some kind words and usually reflect that I go sailing on, however there are difficult times and I also see the pain etched on my parents' faces.

I hope you too can see a brighter path moving forward.

over a year ago

North West UK

"Hi everyone and apologies I'm late with this. I know others will fall back on the busy time of year etc, and there is an element of truth there. I will be honest I've felt a bit more quiet than usual since the turn of the year.

I’m so sorry about your brother I’m glad you’re doing projects and congrats on the promotion

I’ve been better. I’ve been unmotivated and depressed for a while. Taking anti depressants but still struggling with sleep and motivation. Not where I wanna be in life but I’m better than I was. "

Thank you, I wish you the best in moving forward. Small steps. I think you will get there.

I know people sometimes say I want to be like I was before, but the fact is our experiences change us and its about how we get to build back. Sometimes that is quick, other times it takes time. I had a spell of depression a few years ago and it took me 8/9 months until I found I was strong enought o get back to job-hunting and I had to be kind to myself, sometimes there was no progress, and I told myself that was okay.

By *ilfCrumpet9Man
over a year ago

Wirral

Lost my mum a few years back, I was the baby of the family. Every day, week and year is the same I miss her so much.

Love you so much mum still, always and forever

By *ilfCrumpet9Man
over a year ago

Wirral

It's always difficult, birthdays, Christmas and special occasions.

Enjoy the loving memories of your brother may he rest in peace

over a year ago

Mental health check… yes still mental, still juggling far too much and still can’t focus my own things into order… did I pass the check

over a year ago

North West UK

"Mental health check… yes still mental, still juggling far too much and still can’t focus my own things into order… did I pass the check "

Passed... haha.. will check in again next week!

over a year ago

North West UK

"Lost my mum a few years back, I was the baby of the family. Every day, week and year is the same I miss her so much.

Love you so much mum still, always and forever "

A lovely message. So sorry for your loss

over a year ago

It ideal still battling my own co dependacy and the draw of someone who only hurts me

Post new Message to Thread