Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

How daft

Jump to newest

By *iamondsmiles. OP   Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

So I broke my shoulder twice last year which has left me with an arm that hardly works.

Every three months I go to the hospital have an xray and then the consultant tells me how it's progressing.

I was going to have an appointment for Wednesday which they have cancelled. Instead I'm having a phone appointment How the hell are they going to xray my shoulder which is the important bit over the phone

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"So I broke my shoulder twice last year which has left me with an arm that hardly works.

Every three months I go to the hospital have an xray and then the consultant tells me how it's progressing.

I was going to have an appointment for Wednesday which they have cancelled. Instead I'm having a phone appointment How the hell are they going to xray my shoulder which is the important bit over the phone"

I don't get the logic either, makes sense to them I guess. Hope you aren't in too much pain

over a year ago

"So I broke my shoulder twice last year which has left me with an arm that hardly works.

I was going to have an appointment for Wednesday which they have cancelled. Instead I'm having a phone appointment How the hell are they going to xray my shoulder which is the important bit over the phone

I don't get the logic either, makes sense to them I guess. Hope you aren't in too much pain

"

I haven't been in pain with it for a long time thankfully. Just have limited use

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple
over a year ago

Leeds

Makes absolutely no sense they do seem to do things by phone these days that just aren't possible then have to rebook I've had it a few times and think what an absolute waste of an appointment/time/wages/paperwork when they could have booked correctly.

Mrs

By *ellinever70Woman
over a year ago

Ayrshire

Maybe there's a strain on clinical capacity and they're having to shuffle priorities

over a year ago

"Maybe there's a strain on clinical capacity and they're having to shuffle priorities "
I understand that. But they could of just cancelled my appointment for a future date. I have no idea what they can do over the phone

over a year ago

I did a similar thing to my ankle and just get phone appointments with the consultant..

Think health care has changed for good.

By *ellinever70Woman
over a year ago

Ayrshire

"Maybe there's a strain on clinical capacity and they're having to shuffle priorities I understand that. But they could of just cancelled my appointment for a future date. I have no idea what they can do over the phone"

Maybe just ask you about pain and range of movement as an indication of progress?

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Face to face health care seems to be rare since covid. Once no doctor would prescribe antibiotics without seeing you in person, now you just (ha ha) need to speak to them on the phone, describe your symptoms which they have no way of verifying and they'll send a prescription to a pharmacy.

over a year ago

"Face to face health care seems to be rare since covid. Once no doctor would prescribe antibiotics without seeing you in person, now you just (ha ha) need to speak to them on the phone, describe your symptoms which they have no way of verifying and they'll send a prescription to a pharmacy.

"

Aha. I got that. It turns out I didn't need them and they made my condition worse at the time. Wrong diagnosis based on video call.

Post new Message to Thread