Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Rewriting...

Jump to newest

By *eli OP   Woman
over a year ago

yourself. As in your profile. What you want/are looking for.

How often do you reassess what you're wanting from the site? Are you quite fond of reflecting on it or are you content where things are currently? Do you try and stay open to things that maybe your profile doesn't reflect?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *rtyIanMan
over a year ago

Gateway to the Beacons

Mines due a bit of re writing

Like to keep it fresh

By *ellinever70Woman
over a year ago

Ayrshire

If it ain't broke...

By *r Black 85Man
over a year ago

nottingham

I have re-written mine twice since joining. Pretty happy with the current iteration. There are always going to be people who will find fault with something on it but they are in the minority

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

We have to rewrite profiles now? This place is a full time job sometimes.

I'd bad enough having to keep up with the likes of Metacarpal Monday

over a year ago

The majority my profile is bullshit. No point updating it because people just see tits or arse. I'm not a fucking tick box.

By *issmorganWoman
over a year ago

Calderdale innit

I'm always playing about with mine ,trying new ways to get things across etc.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

I tend to change in my mind, directing my choices, rather than needing to change the profile

over a year ago

I probably need to look back at mine and re-consider to check it still represents where I'm at. I'm generally open to meeting interesting people who I might then end up having relaxed sexy fun so my profile leans towards giving people enough info about my interests so that they can see if they might want to chat and hang out as well as hopefully being attracted to me physically.

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

"yourself. As in your profile. What you want/are looking for.

How often do you reassess what you're wanting from the site? Are you quite fond of reflecting on it or are you content where things are currently? Do you try and stay open to things that maybe your profile doesn't reflect? "

my profile hasn't changed but i add to it now and again

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

To be honest I have even checked it for ages. I suppose it should be refreshed.

By *ou only live onceMan
over a year ago

London

Mine's due a refresh - not that what I'm looking for has changed much, but not sure I've looked at it in ages.

New year, same me, just in different words.

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

Maybe the odd tweak as moods / energy levels change but no rewriting. It attracts the right people/messages (other than the men !) so no need to do major changes

By *hagTonightMan
over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

I like my profile and I havent updated it, as I am still looking for the same thing

By *eroLondonMan
over a year ago

Mayfair

I 'self-review' my profile every month or so but it rarely requires a redux, because my sentiments and desires remain unwaveringly true.

By *itvclaireTV/TS
over a year ago

Birmingham

Been thinking mines due a rewrite, due to changes outside of Fab the last couple of years. Bet most won't read it though

XX

By *affeine DuskMan
over a year ago

Caerphilly

I need to do that later, actually. I'm excited to see what mad bullshit saunters out of my head this time!

Start of the year and halfway through, that usually sorts out all the big changes.

By *reyToTheFairiesWoman
over a year ago

Carlisle usually

Occasionally I'll add things to the no list or add or subtract a sentence here or there.

I should probably rewrite entirely at some point but I kind of like the openly hostile vibe for keeping my inbox manageable.

By *ickshawedCouple
over a year ago

Wolverhampton

I need to do a proper rewrite of ours. I think I will when we're ready to start meeting again. It's not that we've massively changed what we're looking for, but it's been over a year since I wrote it and we've had so many new experiences since then

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple
over a year ago

Leeds

The mrs did ours and now I think about it I’ve never actually read it or I did once and have forgotten.

The mr

over a year ago

I occasionally add things to mine, but I'm pretty happy with it overall.

It does generate a lot of stupid questions though

over a year ago

I re wrote mine loads of times as a single. Just to see who bothered to read it more than anything. What I wanted always stayed the same. It just got more crap as time went on saying what I didn't want. Because of who you end up with in your inbox.

T

By *rincipessaWoman
over a year ago

your wildest dreams,

Mine was a simple 7 words.

Then I got pissed off and ranted

Decided to rewrite. Will probably change it again when I change my mind.

By *eli OP   Woman
over a year ago

"We have to rewrite profiles now? This place is a full time job sometimes.

I'd bad enough having to keep up with the likes of Metacarpal Monday "

Ha! You do just fine with MetaMonday, I'm sure you can keep up.

By *eli OP   Woman
over a year ago

"The majority my profile is bullshit. No point updating it because people just see tits or arse. I'm not a fucking tick box. "

That's true. But also people don't just see tits or an arse. You talk to people who view you as more. Even on the fora. But yeah, I've kept my interests blank because I don't want folk to curate what they think I'd like. I'd rather approach them and be approached as an individual rather than ticks and a hole.

over a year ago

Mine is the shortest it’s ever been

By *eli OP   Woman
over a year ago

"I'm always playing about with mine ,trying new ways to get things across etc."

Yes, same. I'm not quite as good at writing about myself as I am on another topic. You'd think I'd find it easy but even rereading the recent edit I'm questioning if it's quite me. What I want to say. I might just scrap it all and do a one liner. Enigmatic and all that.

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

Once a year I like a profile refresh, my fab journey doesn't change really, I'm still living life the way I'm happy with

By *eli OP   Woman
over a year ago

"I 'self-review' my profile every month or so but it rarely requires a redux, because my sentiments and desires remain unwaveringly true."

I wish I possessed your eloquence in stating what it is I want. My desires and sentiments are very much the same and unchanged, perhaps my openness to exploring that has.

over a year ago

Mine started short, very short. Every time I got tired repeating likes or dealing with unpleasantness I would add a little bit.

And whilst my limits are unchanged my interests have grown so they get updated often.

Fab has softened some hard limits as I have grown accustomed to certain mindsets so that will mean another adjustment soon. Just have to gather my thoughts first.

I'll likely shorten too but really, if it's written there it's relevant to me. Anyone who can't outlast a few paragraphs wouldn't last long in person so no loss

over a year ago

Mines due an overhaul, just coming up with something new and witty to write for it.

By *eli OP   Woman
over a year ago

"I re wrote mine loads of times as a single. Just to see who bothered to read it more than anything. What I wanted always stayed the same. It just got more crap as time went on saying what I didn't want. Because of who you end up with in your inbox.

T"

I'm not quite at that stage yet (she types a decade later). But it can be frustrating and keeping it free from ranting/what you don't want is tricky. I'm trying to avoid getting in to posting what I don't want and reflecting on what I do and what I can offer. Albeit poorly.

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

I want to feel differently.

I would love a rewrite.

I just don't feel differently yet

over a year ago

In my experience profile text means nothing

I have tryed long I have tryed short

I have even tryed a list off things ie my current text

To all the same most just Icnore it and message what they want anyway

over a year ago

Mines utterly perfect...feel free to be jealous of my natural unattractability

By *iscean_dreamMan
over a year ago

Llanelli

Mine is probably a bit too long and sarcastic for some, may or may not change it a little this year

By *eli OP   Woman
over a year ago

"I need to do a proper rewrite of ours. I think I will when we're ready to start meeting again. It's not that we've massively changed what we're looking for, but it's been over a year since I wrote it and we've had so many new experiences since then"

I hope you're not still poorly? New experiences do change you to some extent, even if it's just crossing off what you were actively looking for before or reinforcing what you'd like to look for now.

By *eli OP   Woman
over a year ago

"Mine is the shortest it’s ever been "

It took me until yesterday (poor show right?) to realise that it is probably very true. I quite like substantial but equally there's something intriguing about a pithy one liner.

By *uxom redCouple
over a year ago

Shrewsbury

Tweek it a few months ago, saying hardly online these days.

over a year ago

If I ever want private penis again I'll change it.. otherwise I'll leave it like that forever probably

By *rettyflamingoCouple
over a year ago

Where the flamboyance of flamingos live

I have a little tweak of mine every now and then.

By *eli OP   Woman
over a year ago

"I want to feel differently.

I would love a rewrite.

I just don't feel differently yet "

Ach. Pp. If there's one thing that I could wish for you this year, it's that you start feeling differently. I'm sorry you're still viewing things as you are (meant in a non-patronising way) x

By *ddictedToLoveMan
over a year ago

Gloucestershire

I ask for profile advice and change it based on that. I think it’s good so far but if you’d change anything feel free to mention it

over a year ago

"The majority my profile is bullshit. No point updating it because people just see tits or arse. I'm not a fucking tick box.

That's true. But also people don't just see tits or an arse. You talk to people who view you as more. Even on the fora. But yeah, I've kept my interests blank because I don't want folk to curate what they think I'd like. I'd rather approach them and be approached as an individual rather than ticks and a hole."

By *eli OP   Woman
over a year ago

"Mine started short, very short. Every time I got tired repeating likes or dealing with unpleasantness I would add a little bit.

And whilst my limits are unchanged my interests have grown so they get updated often.

Fab has softened some hard limits as I have grown accustomed to certain mindsets so that will mean another adjustment soon. Just have to gather my thoughts first.

I'll likely shorten too but really, if it's written there it's relevant to me. Anyone who can't outlast a few paragraphs wouldn't last long in person so no loss "

That's a good attitude to have. I think gathering your thoughts and working out what you want to type is a definite good thing. I'm currently crafting a profile on a different site and tweaking and working out how to put hard limits but not explicitly because... it's not quite me.

over a year ago

"I ask for profile advice and change it based on that. I think it’s good so far but if you’d change anything feel free to mention it "

Love the bananana!

By *ikeC81Man
over a year ago

harrow

I have kept mine what I am looking for l, what I want and what I think I can help with

My veris actually are the best description of me

over a year ago

I scribbled mine hastily when I joined as a short term fix. It seemed better than "will fill in later", but definitely needs adapting!

This will prompt me over tea. Thanks

over a year ago

"I occasionally add things to mine, but I'm pretty happy with it overall.

It does generate a lot of stupid questions though "

bet you get loads of idiots too x

By *lephantisMan
over a year ago

Oxford

I probably should change mine. But it's about a vibe for me, not a detailed description, and I think it still matches my personality fairly well.

I'm no-one's 6/10. Probably 0 for most, and 10 for a very few after we've met. That suits me.

By *B69Woman
over a year ago

Wiltshire

Have never changed mine, it’s short but to the point and works for me

By *alandNitaCouple
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

We make little changes to our profile every so often, so it evolves rather than being rewritten.

Nita

over a year ago

Good profile op.

Me? I need to change my profile differently to the past. In the past I just add or takeaway a few things that reflect how positive or how negative it should sound.

Sometimes I want messages, other time I basically say, don’t get in touch!!!

I also don’t have my likes dislike on. I’m in a good mood, where I like finding a common ground with someone. Should I put more details on?

I dunno, maybe I’ll update soon to reflect the new me.

By *lephantisMan
over a year ago

Oxford

Thanks to this thread, I've edited mine. Thank you, Meli. Interesting how much has changed without feeling that it has.

over a year ago

They tried to make me do a Rewrite

I said No, No, No !

By *ex HolesMan
over a year ago

Up North

Mines wrote in a way to discourage the reader. It works perfectly and I’m not changing it

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

South

I rewrite quite regularly. If I’m being completely honest with myself I have no idea what I want from Fab anymore, if indeed anything. And I think my profile quite often reflects that

over a year ago

Mine is perfect

By *entlemanFoxMan
over a year ago

North East / London

Generally, I am pretty happy with mine. Occasionally, I give it a little update.

I have been told that I tend to hide my light under a bush - actually, that is not a bad Fab pun.

over a year ago

I think mine is about as good as it gets, no?

over a year ago

"I think mine is about as good as it gets, no?"

Sorry got distracted

over a year ago

I dont really write it to reflect a want. I dont want to want lists of things from people or of myself so I write a bit of something that springs to mind and see what it brings up in others. That all reads a bit tongue twistery I do occassionally say not looking to meet but it doesnt usually make a lot of difference. I may one day make it more of a 'dating' type profile but more than likely won't.

By *cott73Man
over a year ago

brighton

I think mine holds up to what I've been looking for over the years. Nothing has really changed - looking to make friends in this crazy world!

over a year ago

I do often rewrite parts of my profile. Currently I am feeling content and happy with what I am after though. As I might have found what I was looking for

over a year ago

"I do often rewrite parts of my profile. Currently I am feeling content and happy with what I am after though. As I might have found what I was looking for "

Breaking News, Is Jack off the Market??

By *eli OP   Woman
over a year ago

"I do often rewrite parts of my profile. Currently I am feeling content and happy with what I am after though. As I might have found what I was looking for

Breaking News, Is Jack off the Market?? "

Whoaaaaah Monty. This is...

over a year ago

"I do often rewrite parts of my profile. Currently I am feeling content and happy with what I am after though. As I might have found what I was looking for "

Bloody hell that shopping trip must have been productive!

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

I think what I'm looking for still applies but have tweaked it here and there to update it based on the experiences I've had. Looking at it now, I think it's pretty clear

By *eli OP   Woman
over a year ago

"In my experience profile text means nothing

I have tryed long I have tryed short

I have even tryed a list off things ie my current text

To all the same most just Icnore it and message what they want anyway "

Don't you find people tailor their messages to be more applicable to you though based on what you've written/photos showing?

When I had a quim photo and was very clearly looking for a dicking, my messages were very different to the ones I've been receiving recently - I've had some lovely ones the past couple of days. Not that ones offering a dicking in their hotel room aren't lovely.

over a year ago

"I do often rewrite parts of my profile. Currently I am feeling content and happy with what I am after though. As I might have found what I was looking for

Breaking News, Is Jack off the Market?? "

Well I’m not looking for anyone new, that I’ve not made plans with put it that way…

By *eli OP   Woman
over a year ago

Well I’m not looking for anyone new, that I’ve not made plans with put it that way…"

Oh this is so lovely and delightful to read.

I hope it continues to blossom for you.

P.S not envious at all.

over a year ago

Well I’m not looking for anyone new, that I’ve not made plans with put it that way…

P.S not envious at all."

Thank you Meli that’s very kind of you to say!

over a year ago

Nothing in my life has changed from what lm looking for so tbh l don't feel l need to change anything in my profile, it is what it is , if it attracts the person l'm looking for well n good ..if it doesn't well then ..it doesn't..but you gotta always be true to yourself..don't you ?

By *ex HolesMan
over a year ago

Up North

P.S not envious at all.

Thank you Meli that’s very kind of you to say! "

I’ll have my penis pump back then

over a year ago

I have taken off all pics and veris more than a year old to keep it fresh.

Text is more difficult as essentially needs to say the same.

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

Still looking for the same thing, I just re-jig every now and again.

over a year ago

Meh... that's the only feeling I get about my profile rewriting sounds like a slog

By *ddictedToLoveMan
over a year ago

Gloucestershire

"I ask for profile advice and change it based on that. I think it’s good so far but if you’d change anything feel free to mention it

Love the bananana!"

Thank you

By *eyond PurityCouple
over a year ago

Lincolnshire

We made a pact to not put a list of do’s and dont’s on our profile as they are generally annoying.

But fuck me, some people I could literally tell them where to go…

‘Dave, you’ve just got a dick pic and a fill in later profile…why do you think we’d match??’

Anyway…to answer your question, we’ve recently changed it, so it’s had 2 re-writes and still no do’s and dont’s

K

By *BootyfulDayWoman
over a year ago

I think I do need to redo mine but my mind goes blank for what to write hehe

I might have to peruse this thread for inspiration

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I've been rewriting ours for a couple of days. I envy the witty and erudite authors on here.

over a year ago

I revisit mine weekly, I make odd changes reword etc it’s a work in progress

By *BootyfulDayWoman
over a year ago

"I've been rewriting ours for a couple of days. I envy the witty and erudite authors on here."

Me too....I wish I had that kind of witty flow...very tempted to hire a ghost writer; I wonder if that could be a talent - Fab Profile Writer

over a year ago

I’ve re written mine about a million times. I find it difficult to do without sounding conceited

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"I've been rewriting ours for a couple of days. I envy the witty and erudite authors on here.

Me too....I wish I had that kind of witty flow...very tempted to hire a ghost writer; I wonder if that could be a talent - Fab Profile Writer "

imagine the disappointment. You imagine you're meeting Shakespeare and I turn up

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

Think mine says pretty much what I want to get across x

By *ellhungvweMan
over a year ago

Cheltenham

My profile text has largely stayed the same since the start because I feel it captures who I am and what I am looking for and have never really found a better way of expressing it.

By *ed MartinMan
over a year ago

Shefford

I had a bit of a re-fresh and re-evaluation this week, with the help of a close friend. I’d like to update/add more pictures too, but I’m not a fan of the selfie and have no one else to take pics instead, so that might have to wait.

By *ornLordMan
over a year ago

Wiltshire and London

I periodically rewrite depending on what I think Fabs might actually be for - to be frank, I'm never sure - and also prompted by the odd message I get that suggests that certain Fabsters don't get certain kinds of humour.

By *ull English with teaMan
over a year ago

London

I’m happy with my tongue-in-cheek narrative and people seem to enjoy reading it so no plans to update. I’ll add some public pictures though I think this year.

By *eli OP   Woman
over a year ago

"Good profile op.

Me? I need to change my profile differently to the past. In the past I just add or takeaway a few things that reflect how positive or how negative it should sound.

Sometimes I want messages, other time I basically say, don’t get in touch!!!

I also don’t have my likes dislike on. I’m in a good mood, where I like finding a common ground with someone. Should I put more details on?

I dunno, maybe I’ll update soon to reflect the new me.

"

I like your profile as is Woody, it reflects you well. Your voice is clear and strong and you've got a soupçon of smut - don't change it too much!

By *gent CoulsonMan
over a year ago

Secret hideaway in the pennines

As I don't have 30 pics of my cock next to various everyday objects, I don't get a lot of traffic to my profile, so will leave it as it is

By *ookie46Woman
over a year ago

Deepest darkest Peru

Mine says what it needs to

I mostly make connections now at socials rather than via message or people reading my profile although there are a few hidden gems

By *enrietteandSamCouple
over a year ago

Staffordshire

Since we dropped to original push it song lyric one it’s been pretty consistent I think.

Says everything about us and what our interests are.

We get regular messages from people that generally have the same interests (amungst all the usual crap shadow avatar messages couples and women get)

I never feel any guilt about deleting unread spam messages as our profile explains the sort of Mail we won’t respond to.

Simples

over a year ago

"Since we dropped to original push it song lyric one it’s been pretty consistent I think.

Says everything about us and what our interests are."

Don't be coy, avoid, or make void the topic

Cuz that ain't gonna stop it

By *enrietteandSamCouple
over a year ago

Staffordshire

"Since we dropped to original push it song lyric one it’s been pretty consistent I think.

Cuz that ain't gonna stop it"

Let’s talk about sex?

over a year ago

Cuz that ain't gonna stop it

Let’s talk about sex?"

If you want.

By *ose-tinted GlassesMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

Every time I think about changing my profile text I get someone telling me how much they like it. So I do nothing.

By *elix SightedMan
over a year ago

Cloud 8

I’ve probably rewritten mine 2-3 times in five years. It’s usually when my life circumstances change and I feel like rejuvenating it. I think a refresh can be a good thing, not least so I can feel current and authentic, but it’s also a psychological pick-me-up.

I’ve tried to reflect my personality with facts and humour, in as little waffle as possible. And I refuse to be negative in any way or provide lists. If I was being shallow, I’d write it generically to have broad appeal. But the fact is I like what I like and other people like what they like. I’ve grown comfortable with that, even though it means I don’t always appeal to people that appeal to me. That’s authenticity, to me.

I suspect (very generally speaking) more women and couples than single men read profiles properly, but it strikes me it’s still more about personal attributes, pictures and that first message.

NB If anyone has any suggestions for improvements to my profile, please do so. I’m not precious!

By *ecadent_DevonMan
over a year ago

Okehampton

Well this prompted me to re-read my profile. Nothing has changed so won’t change the wording. Need to update pictures as it’s 2023 now and I think updating annually (annUally) is a good thing to do.

By *ily WhiteWoman
over a year ago

?

When I was actively looking to meet, I re-wrote my profile several times. It's amazing how a profile that basically says the same, but worded differently to the previous iteration, can attract a completely different type of communication from others (yes, there there are always the FAF, meet now, wuu2 messages no matter what the profile says, but I'm talking about civilised conversations).

I've forgotten what the OP was, and the above is probably completely irrelevant, but anyway, human behaviour fascinates me

By *eroLondonMan
over a year ago

Mayfair

"I've been rewriting ours for a couple of days. I envy the witty and erudite authors on here.

Me too....I wish I had that kind of witty flow...very tempted to hire a ghost writer; I wonder if that could be a talent - Fab Profile Writer

imagine the disappointment. You imagine you're meeting Shakespeare and I turn up "

If a Diamond was extolled in your name and you turned up looking like Platinum, I can assure you there would be a cohort of lustful Libertines knocking on the door of your fragile heart.

By *riskynriskyCouple
over a year ago

Essex.

Most people don't read the first line.

Often get a " Hi, how are you?"

Being polite I reply, then we have a chat, then the guy asks for a meet, I say sorry you aren't what we are looking for.

They then moan that I have wasted their time...

By *eli OP   Woman
over a year ago

"When I was actively looking to meet, I re-wrote my profile several times. It's amazing how a profile that basically says the same, but worded differently to the previous iteration, can attract a completely different type of communication from others (yes, there there are always the FAF, meet now, wuu2 messages no matter what the profile says, but I'm talking about civilised conversations).

I've forgotten what the OP was, and the above is probably completely irrelevant, but anyway, human behaviour fascinates me "

It's so fascinating isn't it? Why do people people?

I've had such different messages since tweaking my profile recently. Really lovely ones, people are opening up more, suggesting things. I'm going to start taking people up on things. I'd always thought that maybe folk weren't quite as keen on doing things but it's been a lovely surprise.

By *ddictedToLoveMan
over a year ago

Gloucestershire

"Most people don't read the first line.

Being polite I reply, then we have a chat, then the guy asks for a meet, I say sorry you aren't what we are looking for.

They then moan that I have wasted their time... "

Why just black guys and no Asians? Seems racist

over a year ago

Why just black guys and no Asians? Seems racist "

Why don't you fuck men? Seems homophobic.

By *ddictedToLoveMan
over a year ago

Gloucestershire

Why just black guys and no Asians? Seems racist

Why don't you fuck men? Seems homophobic. "

I’m not gay

Post new Message to Thread