Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

January Goals

Jump to newest

By *BootyfulDay OP   Woman
over a year ago

Hello all you fabulous forumites!

I did a couple of threads this year with monthly goals as the theme and I think I might continue them! I found the responses exciting and inspiring to motivate my booty....also I'm a nosy nelly!

So, new years resolutions will be getting made but what do you have planned for the first month of 2023? Do you have any set goals you've made or are you just trying to get into the swing of 2023?

For me, December I neglected my own self care a lot and defo over worked myself! So, a big focus for me is to get into a routine and get back on the workout train (I know, very cliche for the new year!). I am also looking to get actually organised so I'm going to get my filofax organised....you might be thinking 'is this lady secretly super old' and you may be right as I am a total filfax/stationary nerd

Share your January goals here and let's motivate each other

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Mine is I need to stop getting fatter

By *avexxMan
over a year ago

cheshire

"Mine is I need to stop getting fatter "
you look in very good shape to me,,

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

Mine is to show you round my home town OP ..

Err yep thats it

By *partanMan
over a year ago

Shire

Open a filofax and stationary business

over a year ago

Mine is more Cock

over a year ago

"Mine is I need to stop getting fatter you look in very good shape to me,,"

I agree with him! But I am the same....I guess as well as working out I should probably eat better too....but naughty foods are just so much yummier

over a year ago

"Mine is to show you round my home town OP ..

Err yep thats it "

Hehe I meant goals for January silly unless you're planning on stealing me away for a tour around your hometown?

over a year ago

"Open a filofax and stationary business "

hehe oh my days how fabulous would that be....naturally there would be a wine bar in it for those looking to peruse with a nice drink

over a year ago

"Mine is more Cock "

Hehe they do say your goals should be clear and so this is a good one good luck with this!

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

"Mine is to show you round my home town OP ..

Err yep thats it

Hehe I meant goals for January silly unless you're planning on stealing me away for a tour around your hometown? "

If only

By *irkby coupleCouple
over a year ago

Kirkby

We have 2 Tough Mudder’s booked for 2023.

We both need to get back in to the rout of working out regularly, it’s been to easy to come up with an excuse not to go the gym the last month or 2.

I need to get fitter, stronger and lighter.

By *ou only live onceMan
over a year ago

London

I like these threads, Bootyful, but the 80s called and they want their filofax back.

Mine are not revolutionary: to get back to reading more; to continue to be consistent at the gym, but to be more disciplined with the eating (you're right, it's just a damn shame the bad stuff tastes so good!); and to sort my diary out so I can plan whether I can do any of the big socials in the next few months...

By *iberius61Man
over a year ago

Pontefract

I've booked 2 ironman races for 2023, so this year is going to be mostly about training a kind of last hurrah before I sink into sports more appropriate to my age like crown green bowling.

over a year ago

I am a last minute kind of person and it drives me mad. Everything I need to do gets jammed into a tiny timeframe piled on top of each other because there is always just enough time for me to do it all still, until there isnt(it always, always works out though) So, I am going to do things on a more timely manner and try and get the adrenaline rush from knowing I am Miss Organised instead of Miss Chaos.

Bet you I dont

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

Get through the most depressing month of the year.

Get a bit ahead at work.

Weigh less at the end of the month than I did at the start.

By *r_North-EastMan
over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

My diet has been awful for the last 10 days so my goal for January is to get back to pre-Christmas weight but use the extra calories to push through a deadlift plateau. Sounds simple but probably won’t be.

over a year ago

"We have 2 Tough Mudder’s booked for 2023.

We both need to get back in to the rout of working out regularly, it’s been to easy to come up with an excuse not to go the gym the last month or 2.

I need to get fitter, stronger and lighter."

Oh wow! I’ve never done one, you’re so badass booking in two! Good luck with the training though!

over a year ago

"I like these threads, Bootyful, but the 80s called and they want their filofax back.

Mine are not revolutionary: to get back to reading more; to continue to be consistent at the gym, but to be more disciplined with the eating (you're right, it's just a damn shame the bad stuff tastes so good!); and to sort my diary out so I can plan whether I can do any of the big socials in the next few months..."

See you say you need to sort out your diary but it would be so much easier if you had a Filofax

Oh yes I remember your reading goal! What book are you thinking of starting with?

over a year ago

I've lost a lot of weight due to stress so want to get back to the gym and get fit again.

Also, aiming to be in a new job by next month finger crossed!

over a year ago

"I've booked 2 ironman races for 2023, so this year is going to be mostly about training a kind of last hurrah before I sink into sports more appropriate to my age like crown green bowling."

Jeeeeeez you folks are so hardcore on here! Well done on booking the iron man races, definitely better you than me

I have tried green bowling once before actually….it does seem like fun

over a year ago

This new year we want to get out and meet new people! Put this off far too much in 2022 and put ourselves behind everyone and everything else.

2023 is all about us meeting new people through here and vanilla life to make some incredible memories together

over a year ago

I shall try to be more patient with people.

Unless they’re acting like twats.

By *icecock9999Man
over a year ago

Oxford

I’m going to find a regular lady fwb

Or even a partner

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

I'm not sure if it's a January specific goal but I'm going to be brushing up on my Italian for a very exciting holiday which I'm going to create a ringbinder for.

I'm going to step up going to the gym. Not because it's a New Year, more because my vain self likes what she sees in recent videos/photos and wants to carry on. Also, sex is better when I'm a bit fitter.

And my main thing is to focus on bringing happiness to others, by being less in my own head but equally not putting up with crap. Real joy. And silliness.

over a year ago

"I am a last minute kind of person and it drives me mad. Everything I need to do gets jammed into a tiny timeframe piled on top of each other because there is always just enough time for me to do it all still, until there isnt(it always, always works out though) So, I am going to do things on a more timely manner and try and get the adrenaline rush from knowing I am Miss Organised instead of Miss Chaos.

Bet you I dont "

Oh my days I am exactly like you! Everything gets done after procrastinating and usually it all works out but it’s a mad dash/panic! And usually I end up stressed and missing out on sleep eek!

I’m going to use you as motivation to try and not procrastinate as much….I’ll maybe start tomorrow next month hopefully you will get the Miss Organised crown

over a year ago

"Get through the most depressing month of the year.

Get a bit ahead at work.

Weigh less at the end of the month than I did at the start. "

It really is depressing isn’t it! It’s my birthday month so I should be excited but January is a bit blahhhh!

Good luck with your work and also your weight goal…what are you doing to lose weight? I also need to weigh less than I currently do!

By *hooter2482Man
over a year ago

Torquay

Mine is to get a reply form a sent message on here we can live in hope ??

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

Dumping some xmas gained timber, reconnecting with fab friends at socials and exploring new relationships

By *ubal1Man
over a year ago

Newry Down

Formal retirement, or more accurately, the absence of a need to work has been immensely liberating, in fact life-changing; and compounded by both rent-free and mortgage-free living, a travel card that enables me to travel 'foc' throughout the entire island of Ireland, sound health, and a structured routine means life is good

I was formerly in a job that I thought would have taken me into retirement, but I got injured and was then sacked, thankfully!

2023 will see further rest and rejuvenation with enhanced fitness being my prime objective.

Crucially, I intend not to allow anyone into my life who may interfere with my newly established well-being!

In the past, I spent too much of my time and energy trying to sort outproblems my time has finally cum!

By *imply DeeWoman
over a year ago

Wherever

Not only for January, but for the months ahead, I plan to restart my intermittent fasting regime, walk at least 10000 steps a day and start yoga.

In real life - just to be kind to myself and open up to people more.

Lovely post, thank you OP and good luck everyone with your dreams and goals. I feel like 2023 won’t be an easy ride but I wish us all to be able to flow and float through it .

Happy New Year!

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

"Get through the most depressing month of the year.

Get a bit ahead at work.

Weigh less at the end of the month than I did at the start.

It really is depressing isn’t it! It’s my birthday month so I should be excited but January is a bit blahhhh!

Good luck with your work and also your weight goal…what are you doing to lose weight? I also need to weigh less than I currently do! "

A birthday, even more depressing!! No, happy birthday in advance.

I do the 5:2 diet roughly, so two days of the week I just have one meal of chicken and rice. Gives me my calorie deficit for the week and don't have to be miserable every day of the week!

And I go to the gym, try to make at least 3 visits a week. I was doing very well then the world cup happened and I went straight home to watch football instead, then Christmas happened so my schedule is gone.

over a year ago

I posted about mine the other day …..

It’s a big birthday of mine soon and I’m changing my mindset and going to approach this year in a positive way. Learn new skills, go to places I’ve never been, get a first tattoo etc…

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

"I posted about mine the other day …..

It’s a big birthday of mine soon and I’m changing my mindset and going to approach this year in a positive way. Learn new skills, go to places I’ve never been, get a first tattoo etc…

"

Oh I hope you have a fantastic time doing all of these, they sound brilliant. It's reminded me to sort out my piercing and cake date.

By *uninlondon69Man
over a year ago

Tower Bridge South

Planning to do dry January. Going to be a tough one though. What the hell do I do for breakfast today?

over a year ago

"I posted about mine the other day …..

Oh I hope you have a fantastic time doing all of these, they sound brilliant. It's reminded me to sort out my piercing and cake date. "

Hahaha that sounds brill x

over a year ago

"I've lost a lot of weight due to stress so want to get back to the gym and get fit again.

Also, aiming to be in a new job by next month finger crossed! "

Good luck with the gym! You’ve got this you badass! And oooooo do you have a job lined up?

over a year ago

"This new year we want to get out and meet new people! Put this off far too much in 2022 and put ourselves behind everyone and everything else.

2023 is all about us meeting new people through here and vanilla life to make some incredible memories together "

Oh my days I am quite similar! Definitely focused on the wrong things and put myself to the side! I love your goal for this year and wish you all the fabulous memories

over a year ago

"I shall try to be more patient with people.

Unless they’re acting like twats. "

It can be quite hard! I work in customer facing role as and find myself wanting to facepalm so much….I’m not sure why but it seems worse since after covid! Good luck with yo ur patience….if you get some can you share with myself please

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

For January I'm giving up take aways(its been three weeks so far and start a weight loss journey. Hopefully by February I will be well into the swing of it

over a year ago

"I’m going to find a regular lady fwb

Or even a partner"

Oooooo good luck! That does seem to be a great goal on here

over a year ago

"I'm not sure if it's a January specific goal but I'm going to be brushing up on my Italian for a very exciting holiday which I'm going to create a ringbinder for.

I'm going to step up going to the gym. Not because it's a New Year, more because my vain self likes what she sees in recent videos/photos and wants to carry on. Also, sex is better when I'm a bit fitter.

And my main thing is to focus on bringing happiness to others, by being less in my own head but equally not putting up with crap. Real joy. And silliness.

"

Oh my days I know I should be excited about your holiday but I just got all excited and was going to ask about your ring binder!

You have been doing so well with the gym! Are you feeling better for it? hehe ooooo I like silliness

I think happiness is going to be one of my focusses too. Defo just copying everyone’s goals

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 01/01/23 16:34:22]

over a year ago

"[Removed by poster at 01/01/23 16:34:22]"

That’s my goal too x

over a year ago

"Mine is to get a reply form a sent message on here we can live in hope ??"

Deleted my reply by accident! Doh!

But yes this can be difficult! I have seen lots of advice threads on this but I defo recommend getting along to a social and getting involved in the forums….but I may be biased as I love going to socials

By *amantha_JadeWoman
over a year ago

Newcastle

Look for a new job, get back to the gym, treat myself more (hair, nails, clothes), drink more water, go on more holidays. I neglected myself last year and 2023 is going to be a year to put myself first for a change

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

Get fully settled into my new job. Get a better sleep schedule so I'm not shattered in the mornings. Become more focused in the gym. Play football again as I haven't done so since 2019.

over a year ago

"I am a last minute kind of person and it drives me mad. Everything I need to do gets jammed into a tiny timeframe piled on top of each other because there is always just enough time for me to do it all still, until there isnt(it always, always works out though) So, I am going to do things on a more timely manner and try and get the adrenaline rush from knowing I am Miss Organised instead of Miss Chaos.

Bet you I dont

Oh my days I am exactly like you! Everything gets done after procrastinating and usually it all works out but it’s a mad dash/panic! And usually I end up stressed and missing out on sleep eek!

I’m going to use you as motivation to try and not procrastinate as much….I’ll maybe start tomorrow next month hopefully you will get the Miss Organised crown "

Im trying to get myself addicted to the dopamine rush of being before time and organised and the following treat of spare time with no stressers. I dont think its a big enough rush

But, lets do it! (Have 3 weeks of uni work to catch up on in a day before the term starts up again)

By *ed-monkeyCouple
over a year ago

Hailsham

2 so far but Forest and Chelsea are still playing

By *reyToTheFairiesWoman
over a year ago

Carlisle usually

For January I'm going to make a more conscious effort to spend time having more casual fun.

over a year ago

"(Have 3 weeks of uni work to catch up on in a day before the term starts up again) "

Good luck - good to see that even mature students don't let the student image down (#lastminutedotcom)

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

"I'm not sure if it's a January specific goal but I'm going to be brushing up on my Italian for a very exciting holiday which I'm going to create a ringbinder for.

Oh my days I know I should be excited about your holiday but I just got all excited and was going to ask about your ring binder!

You have been doing so well with the gym! Are you feeling better for it? hehe ooooo I like silliness

I think happiness is going to be one of my focusses too. Defo just copying everyone’s goals "

I've not purchased the ringbinder yet, might do so this week! Need to get organised and booking various things. Don't be excited about the holiday, I'm going to not post much about it bar vague planning references. Because I love love love planning. I think it stems from spending a summer working as a PA for a CEO.

I'm feeling better for gyming yes. The past two weeks have been a bit of a write off bar very good sexercise but I really want to keep it up. Being able to shop in normal shops is an utter revelation for me - never been able to do it in all my adult years. I've got January to really step it up and dazzle someone at the end (he's so lucky). how is your gyming going?

Happiness should always be a focus! Something we aspire to make people more. There's a lovely little quote about making those who make you happy, happier. I'm going to adopt that and remember it more.

x

over a year ago

I haven't set goals. I'm currently working on stopping smoking. I expect to gain a little weight and may need to adjust my eating patterns and sleep. I'm 3 weeks without smoking a cigarette but using a vape. So my goals will be to lower the nicotine and not vape. I expect I'll have to adjust sleep and eating along the way. So no set goals per month, just a long term goal for now.

If I had too many other goals in I may well overwhelm myself. So steps, as they come and as I feel ready.

With that I'm sure I'll have things along the way to keep me occupied and busy that will be small goals in themselves.

T

By *ou only live onceMan
over a year ago

London

"I like these threads, Bootyful, but the 80s called and they want their filofax back.

Mine are not revolutionary: to get back to reading more; to continue to be consistent at the gym, but to be more disciplined with the eating (you're right, it's just a damn shame the bad stuff tastes so good!); and to sort my diary out so I can plan whether I can do any of the big socials in the next few months...

See you say you need to sort out your diary but it would be so much easier if you had a Filofax

Oh yes I remember your reading goal! What book are you thinking of starting with? "

I will consider the filofax, but I am too old to carry one ironically. People will just assume I can't use a phone, probably correctly.

I've got a few books on the go, so just need to commit to one and finish!! I've still got 'Middle England' by Jonathan Coe to read (3rd of a trilogy and I loved the previous 2) so maybe I'll make that the first!

By *uriousscouserWoman
over a year ago

Wirral

Oh yes I remember your reading goal! What book are you thinking of starting with?

I will consider the filofax, but I am too old to carry one ironically. People will just assume I can't use a phone, probably correctly.

I've got a few books on the go, so just need to commit to one and finish!! I've still got 'Middle England' by Jonathan Coe to read (3rd of a trilogy and I loved the previous 2) so maybe I'll make that the first!"

Don't diss the filofax! I bloody love mine. It's oxblood leather with embossed butterflies and is a thing of beauty.

Every year I scour etsy to find a set of inserts I like - it's a joy to use!

I don't keep contact details in it or use it as a diary (my phone is more convenient for both). I use it more as a journal and a goal planner.

When I'm job-hunting it's convenient to use a page for each job, when I applied, when I heard back, who interviewed me and what feedback there was from the interview. Then I can easily remove the pages for applications that don't get a response or roles I withdraw from.

Sometimes no matter how many apps are created, paper and pen is the system that works best!

By *uriousscouserWoman
over a year ago

Wirral

I don't do resolutions OP, but this month I need to get a grip on my pension.

I also have a gorgeous citrine that I want to have set into a pendant, so this month I want to come up with some design ideas.

Other than work goals that's pretty much it.

over a year ago

Be in my own place at the end of the month.

Post new Message to Thread