Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

present display under the tree

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

im visiting family so the majority of gifts are back down at home. normally im a kinda bung it under the tree type but tonight i was more picky.. building it up to look more impressive than it is.

large bulky pressents used to prop up smaller presents, cant have gifts with the same paper near to each other etc..

anyone else guilty if trying to create the wow factor?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

My daughter wanted to start sorting the presents out by who each present belongs to ...

I told her to randomly mix them up - a touch OCD otherwise

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I used to do this. With a puppy this year we haven't been able to put anything under the tree and he likes to sit under there.

It's all part of the Christmas decorations and you don't want to spoil the look of a good tree with a higgledy piggeldy hodge podge underneath.

over a year ago

i even went n bought wrapping paper to co ordinate with the tree decs lol

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

I used to put them in his santa sack, well when i say used to i still do lol

over a year ago

"I used to put them in his santa sack, well when i say used to i still do lol"

i am so buying one for next year.. amber has been playing continuously with a gift bag. little things amuse her and she has enjoyed re wrapping gifts she'd already opened

over a year ago

Mine are all colour coordinated per person and in their own huge piles .............. see there is some organisation to me lol

over a year ago

What tree?

over a year ago

"What tree? "

well I decorated mine yesterday cos no one else had and it fell over all by its self and made everyone jump, and broke its stand at the same time, its now in the parasol stand lol

By *he Original TTMan
over a year ago

Brackley, Northants

"What tree?

well I decorated mine yesterday cos no one else had and it fell over all by its self and made everyone jump, and broke its stand at the same time, its now in the parasol stand lol "

Only you Minxie, only you...!

over a year ago

I don't have a tree, lent it to work, currently in one of the offices.

Apparently it was too "minimal", so someone put a red tinsel on it, and ruined it.

By *innamon!Woman
over a year ago

no matter

"What tree? "

lol Not had a tree up in ten years, I did put up One strand of lights..that is it for me . Made the mulled wine for tomorrow and the boys have d*unk half of it already Chicken cooked the rest is down to the men.. sleep well everyone . Must try to be less Bah Humbug tomorrow

over a year ago

"I used to do this. With a puppy this year we haven't been able to put anything under the tree and he likes to sit under there "

I agree. When you wrap a puppy it tends to look a bit untidy

over a year ago

"What tree?

well I decorated mine yesterday cos no one else had and it fell over all by its self and made everyone jump, and broke its stand at the same time, its now in the parasol stand lol

Only you Minxie, only you...! "

I know, I know lol

By *ssexguy69Man
over a year ago

thurrock Essex

nothing under mine cos i aint put one up , as got no prezzys to go under it ,

over a year ago

In our house we make separate piles for each person. That's how my mum and dad did it when we were kids so it's kinda rolled on from then. At the moment, the two smaller kid's presents are in two piles in front of the fireplace. Siren's and mine are on the table in smaller piles, and my eldest daughter's are under the tree for when she arrives on the 30th. Any others (parents, extended family) are under the tree also.

over a year ago

"I used to do this. With a puppy this year we haven't been able to put anything under the tree and he likes to sit under there

I agree. When you wrap a puppy it tends to look a bit untidy "

and you can guess what it is cos it barks and pees on the paper.

over a year ago

I love christmas, the decs, present wrapping etc and my 7ft tree takes price of place in the lounge.

Whilst I love wrapping and will use an assortment of paper, ribbons and bows, I don't coordinate to all one colour theme and the presents are not put in any order under the tree. I like to see the tree with presents piled up underneath it

By *ummy mummyWoman
over a year ago

southampton-ish

The gifts start under one bit of the tree but then extend along under the window in the lounge as easiest for sitting by with the kids in the morning foropening. Not in any real order,kind of mixed up with bigger at the back.presents from me to the twins in disney princess paper,for my son from me in toy story and from santa to all 3 in a santa themed paper.the rest from friends and my mum.Then their stocking are led in the front up against front presents.Big thanks to "Grandma claus" for sending over a package from canada withabout 90% of the winks's stocking stuffers already wrapped and seperated by carrier bags for each child,even a bunch for me

Hope that my coughing fit at the moment does not wake my angels prematurely as 5:30 is too early to start the festivities...lol. Merry Christmas all!

over a year ago

yummy i saw the picture and my jaw hit the floor lol.. thats a lot of presents lol

im awake with excitement too. i feel mean and wanna wake amber up lol

Post new Message to Thread