By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"Maybe get off the phone? "
doesn’t work I’m afraid

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *arkandlovelyWoman
over a year ago

South Derbyshire

Listen to the shipping forecast. Always works for me.

over a year ago

"Listen to the shipping forecast. Always works for me."
really

By *opinovMan
over a year ago

Point Nemo, Cumbria

I can't get no sleep

over a year ago

"Listen to the shipping forecast. Always works for me."
I do try sleeping noises on YouTube ect but it’s hit or miss I’m afraid

By *.L.0460.Woman
over a year ago

Bognor Regis

"I just can’t get off "

It's horrible

There are loads of things you can try if it's a long term problem. If it's a short term thing, you can get stuff over the counter to use for a couple of nights to help get you back into a better sleep pattern.

over a year ago

"I just can’t get off

It's horrible

There are loads of things you can try if it's a long term problem. If it's a short term thing, you can get stuff over the counter to use for a couple of nights to help get you back into a better sleep pattern."

do you have any suggestions? You can pm me the answer if you prefer

By *.L.0460.Woman
over a year ago

Bognor Regis

"I just can’t get off

It's horrible

There are loads of things you can try if it's a long term problem. If it's a short term thing, you can get stuff over the counter to use for a couple of nights to help get you back into a better sleep pattern. do you have any suggestions? You can pm me the answer if you prefer "

Lol!! I'll give you the serious reply to that on here!!!

It isn't always a quick fix- you can help yourself by keeping the same routine every night; go to bed & get at the same time every day. An hour of no screens before bed! Try a warm milky drink. Make sure your room is dark & at a steady temperature. Avoid caffeine & alcohol a couple of hours before bed. Have a Google for breathing & relaxation techniques. Finally, if all else fails, have a wank

over a year ago

"I just can’t get off

It's horrible

There are loads of things you can try if it's a long term problem. If it's a short term thing, you can get stuff over the counter to use for a couple of nights to help get you back into a better sleep pattern. do you have any suggestions? You can pm me the answer if you prefer

It isn't always a quick fix- you can help yourself by keeping the same routine every night; go to bed & get at the same time every day. An hour of no screens before bed! Try a warm milky drink. Make sure your room is dark & at a steady temperature. Avoid caffeine & alcohol a couple of hours before bed. Have a Google for breathing & relaxation techniques. Finally, if all else fails, have a wank "

lol . No all jokes aside that is really good information, I will try and give your suggestions a go,it won’t be easy but I’m willing to try anything.

Thank you

By *.L.0460.Woman
over a year ago

Bognor Regis

"I just can’t get off

It's horrible

There are loads of things you can try if it's a long term problem. If it's a short term thing, you can get stuff over the counter to use for a couple of nights to help get you back into a better sleep pattern. do you have any suggestions? You can pm me the answer if you prefer

It isn't always a quick fix- you can help yourself by keeping the same routine every night; go to bed & get at the same time every day. An hour of no screens before bed! Try a warm milky drink. Make sure your room is dark & at a steady temperature. Avoid caffeine & alcohol a couple of hours before bed. Have a Google for breathing & relaxation techniques. Finally, if all else fails, have a wank lol . No all jokes aside that is really good information, I will try and give your suggestions a go,it won’t be easy but I’m willing to try anything.

Thank you "

You're very welcome! Good luck x

By *izzy RascallMan
over a year ago

Cardiff

Put your tongue behind up upper middle teeth. Inhale for 5 seconds exhale for 6.

Repeat.

Fill your mind with happy memories while you do this breathing technique.

over a year ago

"I just can’t get off

It's horrible

It isn't always a quick fix- you can help yourself by keeping the same routine every night; go to bed & get at the same time every day. An hour of no screens before bed! Try a warm milky drink. Make sure your room is dark & at a steady temperature. Avoid caffeine & alcohol a couple of hours before bed. Have a Google for breathing & relaxation techniques. Finally, if all else fails, have a wank lol . No all jokes aside that is really good information, I will try and give your suggestions a go,it won’t be easy but I’m willing to try anything.

Thank you

You're very welcome! Good luck x"

Thank you ,I’ve tried night calms and night nurse ect but night nurse makes me feel like shit the next day x

over a year ago

"Put your tongue behind up upper middle teeth. Inhale for 5 seconds exhale for 6.

Repeat.

Fill your mind with happy memories while you do this breathing technique.

Thanks,I will try this also

"

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

"I just can’t get off "
I can't get no satisfaction we all have something we can't get, you'll get used to it lol I don't think humans need more that 4 hours sleep a night

over a year ago

"I just can’t get off I can't get no satisfaction we all have something we can't get, you'll get used to it lol I don't think humans need more that 4 hours sleep a night "
two hours is good for me

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Know the feeling but try suffering tinnitus that makes it worse walking zombie at times.

By *eyond PurityCouple
over a year ago

Lincolnshire

I thought this thread was going to be about the club in Berlin

C

By *ove2pleaseseukMan
over a year ago

Hastings

Right hear work 24 7

Sleep one night a week medicated but hay it is what it is

over a year ago

"Right hear work 24 7

Sleep one night a week medicated but hay it is what it is "

sorry to here,you must be shattered

over a year ago

"I just can’t get off "

My sleeps are messed up . Many times …

I try use chamomile tea . As I don’t want addiction to drugs …

Brian the brain doesn’t let me sleep . If he turns into a downer junky I don’t want to even imagine …

Phones , screens , yes terrible habit … wind up

Nothing else to do

Wank ? Illusion- doesn’t make sleepy makes hyper after

I’m messed up , don’t sleep , then fix the day with loads of coffee , then can’t sleep .

I’m hyper sensitive to coffee or tea , or speedy stuff …

Think the trick for

Decent sleep is : rich diet , exercise n no speedy stuff like

Coffee or chocolates etc

Easily said : how the hell am I suppose to drive to work with no coffee n stand painting all day

Body naked , brain buzzing more then having recreational narcotics xx

Is madness .. just on coffee

By *ookie_and_NookieCouple
over a year ago

Kent

Life long insomniac here!

C x

By *ove2pleaseseukMan
over a year ago

Hastings

"I just can’t get off "

Have you been diagnosed with insomnia it a challenge. NHS sent me to a privet sleep clinic hospital bed all wired up.

No phone dark room went back to see consultant to be told the test was inconclusive as shit the bed I did not sleep..

Saw another Dr at Harly Street private and he said yes Insomnia prescribed 10mg Diasepam to be taken with 10mg of Stilnot

WOW take at 9pm sleep at 9.30pm wake at 7ish am. Took it for 2 months good night every night the went to GP and was told its to addict so was given 7 of each a month. New GP now won't do the Diasepam at all so will be going back Privet soon.

But One good night a week works.

over a year ago

"I just can’t get off

Have you been diagnosed with insomnia it a challenge. NHS sent me to a privet sleep clinic hospital bed all wired up.

No phone dark room went back to see consultant to be told the test was inconclusive as shit the bed I did not sleep..

Saw another Dr at Harly Street private and he said yes Insomnia prescribed 10mg Diasepam to be taken with 10mg of Stilnot

WOW take at 9pm sleep at 9.30pm wake at 7ish am. Took it for 2 months good night every night the went to GP and was told its to addict so was given 7 of each a month. New GP now won't do the Diasepam at all so will be going back Privet soon.

But One good night a week works."

I won’t touch medication,I tried night nurse but I felt really groggy the next day,I prefer to try natural

over a year ago

"Life long insomniac here!

C x"

I really feel for you x

over a year ago

Kent

C x I really feel for you x "

Haven’t slept well since I was a teenager. I usually work through the night as I sleep better during the day but every now and again my sleep becomes completely screwed up and I just can not sleep. I’m either living off of short naps here and there or I hibernate.

C x

over a year ago

That’s is serious stuff

I thought I was bad …

I don’t like drugs and what they can do to you

Then is when u get really messed

Up to sleep

I had 2 x Valium in 20 years , just for a laugh

Oh yeah , I had the Cinderella beauty sleep , but I’m fully aware what it can do to someone

And not being rude

Fuck that .

if u want stuff u need go natural , vareleum not Valium , chamomile , and there’s other herbs

Cat …. Cat something … cat lime ? Forgot

Diet : salad , yes lettuce and red kidney beans are suppose to be downers n drawstring food

There must be more , may be worth take a look , in nutrition sector

I learned a bit in 2010 , now I’m mentioning it , is time to refresh ideas .

over a year ago

C x I really feel for you x

Haven’t slept well since I was a teenager. I usually work through the night as I sleep better during the day but every now and again my sleep becomes completely screwed up and I just can not sleep. I’m either living off of short naps here and there or I hibernate.

C x"

I guess that’s all we can do. It’s horrible x

By *ritIndianCoupleCouple
over a year ago

Midlands

Night shifts have ruined my body clock. Might as well be at work

Mrs

over a year ago

"Night shifts have ruined my body clock. Might as well be at work

Mrs "

I was on night shifts but now on days and it’s even worse lol

over a year ago

Midlands

Mrs I was on night shifts but now on days and it’s even worse lol "

Oh really? No hope for me then

Mrs

over a year ago

Mrs I was on night shifts but now on days and it’s even worse lol

Oh really? No hope for me then

Mrs "

I really hope there is xx

By *ove2pleaseseukMan
over a year ago

Hastings

They did try me on 30mg Melatonin but that did not work.

So I find rest sitting in bed or a chair chilling is enough.

Was bad as a teenager and got worse when working very long shifts in Theaters.(not the hospital type)

over a year ago

C x"

You are a vampire like me . The clock pulls you to the night .

I struggle

To keep up with the Sun . I’m a painter is a 6 am early bird job as we know …

If I let myself go I be waking up at 5 pm n not 5 am .

I done it . But then gets a bit boring , no shops open no nothing

No people was fun . But no shops or anywhere to go was a bit grim

Loved the quiet , I hate the pressure n human traffic of the day ,

I think that’s what was turning me into a vampire …

To much people . I had to leave London , was driving me mad .

I’m temporarily in Luton . I hate here is like a mini London

Can’t wait to go back near my daughter in south of St Albans or Hemel

Boring , quiet , dead , ghost town . Perfect

over a year ago

Right I’m going to try and count beautiful fab ladies jumping over my bed and see if that will send me to dream land lol

Sweet dreams all xx

By *hePerkyPumpkinTV/TS
over a year ago

Bristol

There's a Youtube channel called SEA, it's all about planets, space, the universe... Really helps me get to sleep, you could watch it on Tv like I do, or try treating it like a podcast and just listen as you lay there.

Added benefits are that if you listen enough you'll start retaining some of the information.

If you're going to be wide awake at night you might as well learn about something interesting, rather than lay there in the dark knowing you're not going to fall asleep... Those nights when you know you're tired but can't sleep are the worst, if you watch something that occupies your mind enough, you might drift off without even realising it

over a year ago

Midlands

"Right I’m going to try and count beautiful fab ladies jumping over my bed and see if that will send me to dream land lol

Sweet dreams all xx "

That would just keep me up but hope you get some sleep

Mrs

over a year ago

"There's a Youtube channel called SEA, it's all about planets, space, the universe... Really helps me get to sleep, you could watch it on Tv like I do, or try treating it like a podcast and just listen as you lay there.

Added benefits are that if you listen enough you'll start retaining some of the information.

If you're going to be wide awake at night you might as well learn about something interesting, rather than lay there in the dark knowing you're not going to fall asleep... Those nights when you know you're tired but can't sleep are the worst, if you watch something that occupies your mind enough, you might drift off without even realising it "

nice one, thank you so much,I’m willing to try anything

By *ove2pleaseseukMan
over a year ago

Hastings

Has anyone tried Sominex

Kalmar sleep work now and then

Also there is a sweet spot when I'm tired if I can get to sleep in that 30 min all good if not that's it.

over a year ago

"Right I’m going to try and count beautiful fab ladies jumping over my bed and see if that will send me to dream land lol

Sweet dreams all xx

That would just keep me up but hope you get some sleep

Mrs "

thank you

over a year ago

Screens is worse , watching something for me is worse …

As I get agitated n curious n want more n more

I’m the type I have to watch a while

Series in one night . I can’t watch 1 episode I need to watch 8 or then and watch second series tomorrow .

Curiosity killed the cat and is true

By *ove2pleaseseukMan
over a year ago

Hastings

"There's a Youtube channel called SEA, it's all about planets, space, the universe... Really helps me get to sleep, you could watch it on Tv like I do, or try treating it like a podcast and just listen as you lay there.

If you're going to be wide awake at night you might as well learn about something interesting, rather than lay there in the dark knowing you're not going to fall asleep... Those nights when you know you're tired but can't sleep are the worst, if you watch something that occupies your mind enough, you might drift off without even realising it "

I'll go with that watch a film you love but know so it's boring but stops you thinking abit like playing a game on a phone it's mind full

By *ove2pleaseseukMan
over a year ago

Hastings

"Screens is worse , watching something for me is worse …

Series in one night . I can’t watch 1 episode I need to watch 8 or then and watch second series tomorrow .

Curiosity killed the cat and is true "

No watch the same episode over and over till you know the lines

By *ove2pleaseseukMan
over a year ago

Hastings

SEA I will look at this

Thanks

over a year ago

Midlands

Sounds great. Will give it a try. Thanks!

Mrs

By *ove2pleaseseukMan
over a year ago

Hastings

Curiosity killed the cat and is true "

Bed orientation can help feet point Norh for me is best.

over a year ago

Kent

C x

I struggle

Boring , quiet , dead , ghost town . Perfect "

I work for myself so luckily I set my own hours. It would be much easier if everything was open 24/7 though!

C x

By *hePerkyPumpkinTV/TS
over a year ago

Bristol

Best of luck everyone, let me know if SEA works out for you know or not.

over a year ago

I had very bad insomnia in 2007

I couldn’t sleep at all , falling asleep 5:30 when I need get up at 6 to go to work . And I did .

Now I can’t do it anymore . I been missing days work cause couldn’t sleep . Not fit to drive .

I refuse to go on road tired . Dodgy . Deadly .

Then in 2007 , I was so stuck I decided :

Fuck it , I can’t sleep I pretend I’m alseep , head doesn’t rest but body ( hopefully does )

And I just lay down in dark close my eyes and pretend I’m alseep

That’s when I realise I’m a vampire .

Can’t sleep and doesn’t want to go out in day . Allergic to it . Just wants the night .

So yeah … is what I try to do , close eyes in dark n wait for it to switch off .

Oh yeah : avoid things that can trigger your nightmare as that will wake you up .

I don’t drink , I don’t eat cheese , I don’t use milk or dairy at all . Wish I could

Stop drink coffee . I wasn’t a coffee person . Since I drink coffe as getting older I’m getting worse ..

I need

Cut this stupid coffee .

I used to have chronic nightmare . More in 2015 . Very heavy , I kind of miss it as I love horror , but is a life draining , restless , painful .

I was used to drink a lot . Never alcoholic but party a lot and heavy . … And I was a cheese freak . And those are my main triggers .

Gonna try shut the shutters for a bit

Good night

over a year ago

C x

I struggle

I work for myself so luckily I set my own hours. It would be much easier if everything was open 24/7 though!

C x"

Some tesco are … wish I had that luck of doing my own hours …

But now is not the work only , I have a 5 year old

Daughter , so I need to be there early for her xx

Best wishes for all ,

I’m going screen off n try sleep

Good night

over a year ago

Curiosity killed the cat and is true

Bed orientation can help feet point Norh for me is best."

I heard about that , as I remember they were saying we are ment to sleep feet facing south …

Not sure if it will be the same for the people in South Pole …

I’m facing west , and wish I could have a quiet accommodation isolated from people .

good night

By *ove2pleaseseukMan
over a year ago

Hastings

C x

I struggle

C x"

when I started in the 80s in theater it was a receiving House. We would work from 2pm on the show that was in. Then about 10.30 11pm once the auditourm was empty we would strike the set till about 2 or 3 Sunday morning and brake for coffee black and sweet at 6 ish a new load of lorries would arrive sound, lighting, costumes, set,instruments.30 to 40 of them and 1 by 1 unload and rig the scenery and swing lighting and sound run cables etc.buy Monday afternoon rehearsal. With full cast. Then adjustments and a technical rehearsal In to the night then full dress rehearsal till about 3pm rest till 6.30pm call to run Tuesday night finish at 12pm and drop to bed

By *ove2pleaseseukMan
over a year ago

Hastings

Night all

By *ontWannaMissASwingCouple
over a year ago

Bristol

"Know the feeling but try suffering tinnitus that makes it worse walking zombie at times."

I've had tinnitus for the last year and agree with you there. Haven't slept properly since my teens and this just makes trying to sleep so much worse. Thank god most of the time I can function on little sleep.

over a year ago

Awake again

Just had 40 mins

By *ove2pleaseseukMan
over a year ago

Hastings

Hi both of you

over a year ago

"Hi both of you "

Hello

Another sleepless night

By *izzy.Woman
over a year ago

Stoke area

"Awake again

Just had 40 mins "

Try YouTube. I listen to "Bedtime stories for Grown Ups".. Dan Jones is best one.

He uses a very monotone voice that sends you off to sleep. If the story is an hour, I never recall more than the first few minutes. They vary in length, so if you pick a 3 hour one, if you do wake up, you can listen and hopefully drop back off to sleep.

Hope you find it helpful.

over a year ago

"Awake again

Just had 40 mins

Try YouTube. I listen to "Bedtime stories for Grown Ups".. Dan Jones is best one.

He uses a very monotone voice that sends you off to sleep. If the story is an hour, I never recall more than the first few minutes. They vary in length, so if you pick a 3 hour one, if you do wake up, you can listen and hopefully drop back off to sleep.

Hope you find it helpful.

"

Aww thank you Lizzy

I am honestly willing to try anything,I definitely will have a go .

Thank you x

By *uby StarCouple
over a year ago

Durham

I usually sleep quite well unless I have worries on my mind.

over a year ago

"I usually sleep quite well unless I have worries on my mind."
must be worried then

By *atnip make me purrWoman
over a year ago

Reading

Here also

By *ottsGuy24Man
over a year ago

Beeston

Try magnesium or l theanine.

over a year ago

I can never sleep

over a year ago

"Here also"
I feel your tiredness xx

over a year ago

Back from a concert a lil tipsy. Time to wind down.

over a year ago

I'm in work tonight so no sleep for me.

over a year ago

"Back from a concert a lil tipsy. Time to wind down."
enjoy x

By *iss.ddWoman
over a year ago

Leeds + Newcastle

I have maintenance insomnia and I've had it almost my entire adult life.

I can fall asleep with the blink of an eye but I can't stay asleep at all. I don't think I've slept through the night all the way in about 15yr.

I have a couple of hours sleep at the start of the night, awake for hours in the middle then doze off 45 minutes before the alarm in the morning

over a year ago

Insomnia the fear your going to miss something turn technology off , and read a book , change your brain routine and you will notice it will , no clock in room if all else fails derren brown says try counting just numbers to 1000 , you will eventually nod off as your mind numbs its self, it that fails sleeping tablets available only 45 for a pack of 28, or a sledge hammer all damage is on buyer goodnight

By *akedMMan
over a year ago

Witney

"Know the feeling but try suffering tinnitus that makes it worse walking zombie at times."
yep tinnitus gets me, add a over active bladder. Got up five times the other night

over a year ago

"Know the feeling but try suffering tinnitus that makes it worse walking zombie at times.yep tinnitus gets me, add a over active bladder. Got up five times the other night "
this is also a nightmare

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

"Know the feeling but try suffering tinnitus that makes it worse walking zombie at times.yep tinnitus gets me, add a over active bladder. Got up five times the other night this is also a nightmare "
you get up why..... Pee maybe, maybe you've got a urine infection or just need to pee a lot at night, you can get tablets for that not that I'd take them.

over a year ago

Who’s awake?

Post new Message to Thread