Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Best summer memories

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Given the weather conditions over the past 24/48 hours ( Our thoughts are with anyone affected by them ) was there a best summer memory , not only from this year but from any summer just to brighten the place up a little ??

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *thwalescplCouple
over a year ago

brecon

"Given the weather conditions over the past 24/48 hours ( Our thoughts are with anyone affected by them ) was there a best summer memory , not only from this year but from any summer just to brighten the place up a little ??

"

Aged 14, got a summer job hay-making on a local farm, driving tractors and the landrover (in the fields!), long, hot sunny days, being treated like a member of the family, having a traditional farm workers lunch brought out to the fields by the grandma of the family, hard work but was fun.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Long summer for us as end oct in sharm

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"Given the weather conditions over the past 24/48 hours ( Our thoughts are with anyone affected by them ) was there a best summer memory , not only from this year but from any summer just to brighten the place up a little ??

Aged 14, got a summer job hay-making on a local farm, driving tractors and the landrover (in the fields!), long, hot sunny days, being treated like a member of the family, having a traditional farm workers lunch brought out to the fields by the grandma of the family, hard work but was fun."

IS it just us becoming cynical, but didn't the summers seem longer then ????

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

1976 when the tar was actually melting on the roads! doubt that will ever happen again lol...

By *irtydanMan
over a year ago

Blackpool

yep i remember it well 1976 fishing in the summer great

By *heekychezzaWoman
over a year ago

warrington

Ah yes...1976...well it was certainly a memorable year....went on a caravan holiday in South Wales with my family....the first day there my brother found a dead body, so we had the police round for days on end... at the end of the first week someone stole the calor gas bottle...so now way of cooking. The I got sunstroke...throwing up for two days and so badly burned I couldn't wear anything but the swimming costume I was wearing at the time and then as a final flourish, my mum decided to demolish a stone wall with the car and wrote it off (luckily no-one was injured) so we had to travel home by coach. So a wonderful holiday it was not, but I do have very fond memories of it as it was the last time I managed to go on holiday with my lovely dad.

By *irtydanMan
over a year ago

Blackpool

nice story shame about the ending well think of the good times i do

Post new Message to Thread