Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Supermarket

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Who else got to the supermarkets early today?

Got to the Tesco at Ollerton and it was heaving! Got there at 8AM!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Good grief no! don't you know that everyone goes at 8 in the morning

over a year ago

I went to Asda on Saturday at 7am.... the car park was full & they were queing down the full length of the isles.... absouloute madness!!!

over a year ago

lol true, it was open from midnight so maybe next year I'll go a bit earlier.

over a year ago

sainsburys at 8 30 am - only wanted parsnips - very busy - also came across some golden carrots oooer

over a year ago

I was really lucky, I went on Sunday, to Asda at about 2pm - it was quite calm, only 2 trolleys in the till queue I joined

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Was in the m&s in Eastbourne briefly this morning and the queue to get the preordered food had about 100 people in it. I stopped to look at them. One towards the back was complaining about the size of the queue.

By *imply_SensualMan
over a year ago

warrington

Why leave it until today? Most are open 24 hours these days so even if you have been working and finish late, a late night shop after work must still be better than a Xmas Eve stress attack?

Chilled day in this house

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

I had to pop in to Sainsbury's in Cheadle for a few bits. It was 10.30am and I was in and out in about 20 mins. No problems.

over a year ago

weve got everything we need for xmas day , asda is open again boxing day so doing our main shop boxing day

over a year ago

Southend Tesco at 5am Saturday morning!! Still quite a few folks there then. M&S 7am Saturday morning collecting turkey. Drove past same Tesco at 730am and they were queueing to GET OUT of the car park - and it's a huge car park - if anyone knows Tesco at Southend - madness!!.

Forum Mod

over a year ago

Am happy to see that our local butcher which is fantastic has been open since 6 this morning and has had a queue out the door and round the corner with people picking up their christmas orders

Big up to the local shops

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

Did my shopping on Saturday which was fine. I just made sure I got everything perishable from the back of the shelf so the use by date was after Xmas.

over a year ago

Got there about 8.45 am, some people leaving with full trolleys, found a parking space so not particularly heaving and got everything I needed including a present so been home since about 9.30 am

According though to Asda's voicemail thingy, they actually opened at midnight

over a year ago

"Am happy to see that our local butcher which is fantastic has been open since 6 this morning and has had a queue out the door and round the corner with people picking up their christmas orders

Big up to the local shops "

Its great to see local businesses doing well

By *exki11enWoman
over a year ago

Bristol

Flaming hell you'd think the shops were never going to open again, not be closed for ONE DAY!

We had all our Christmas shopping delivered last Tuesday and picked up all the Veg on Friday morning from the market.

The only reason I'll set footin a supermarket now is to see if there's any Christmas eve bargains to be had. IF I can get my poorly ass off the sofa.....

over a year ago

"Flaming hell you'd think the shops were never going to open again, not be closed for ONE DAY!

We had all our Christmas shopping delivered last Tuesday and picked up all the Veg on Friday morning from the market.

The only reason I'll set footin a supermarket now is to see if there's any Christmas eve bargains to be had. IF I can get my poorly ass off the sofa....."

Exactly! They're closed for mere hours really and people are going nuts!

over a year ago

"Who else got to the supermarkets early today?

Got to the Tesco at Ollerton and it was heaving! Got there at 8AM! "

OMFG you Tesco newbie!!!

over a year ago

"I had to pop in to Sainsbury's in Cheadle for a few bits. It was 10.30am and I was in and out in about 20 mins. No problems."

Waitrose in alti was 30 mins

Because I ran into friends and chatted! 10:30 am home by 11:15 off to traff centre in and out in 30 mins

By *B9 QueenWoman
over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

"Flaming hell you'd think the shops were never going to open again, not be closed for ONE DAY!

The only reason I'll set footin a supermarket now is to see if there's any Christmas eve bargains to be had. IF I can get my poorly ass off the sofa.....

Exactly! They're closed for mere hours really and people are going nuts!"

I think lots of people go overboard and get enough in to feed an army - much of that must be wasted. I just barely get enough for me - maybe a few treats. I hate to waste food.

over a year ago

"Who else got to the supermarkets early today?

Got to the Tesco at Ollerton and it was heaving! Got there at 8AM!

OMFG you Tesco newbie!!! "

lol I'll happily hold my hands up to that, that was madness!

over a year ago

Exactly! They're closed for mere hours really and people are going nuts!

I think lots of people go overboard and get enough in to feed an army - much of that must be wasted. I just barely get enough for me - maybe a few treats. I hate to waste food."

There's always loads of food left over, I dare to think how much is actually wasted nationwide.

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

I think I read that in the UK we throw away about a third of all food we buy. Sickening really, if I can use that term.

over a year ago

ASDA's 'somewhere in Essexshire' at 9.30 this morning, to find it no more busy than an average Sunday.... In and out in less than 25 mins AND got everything I needed (Mostly Perky's drinkies.... )

over a year ago

"ASDA's 'somewhere in Essexshire' at 9.30 this morning, to find it no more busy than an average Sunday.... In and out in less than 25 mins AND got everything I needed (Mostly Perky's drinkies.... )

"

That must've been way mine was so busy, they all came from yours.

By *enithWoman
over a year ago

closer than you think

popped into work this morning and a work colleague was saying that in her local Waitrose yesterday morning, 2 women were fighting over a turkey!!

Now I would fight over a cock but not a turkey

By *issHottieBottieWoman
over a year ago

Kent

"Am happy to see that our local butcher which is fantastic has been open since 6 this morning and has had a queue out the door and round the corner with people picking up their christmas orders

Big up to the local shops "

I worked in a local butchers till I left to have my son, always heaving at Xmas and a brilliant atmosphere! Loved it x

By *obertjMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

wow this is an exciting thread

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

"wow this is an exciting thread"

And this is a pointless post

By *exki11enWoman
over a year ago

Bristol

Now don't get me wrong - I've bought to excess. For example, we have a turkey that serves 12-14 for 2 of us plus a ham which i'm about to put in the oven just now. HOWEVER, there will be no waste in our house. I will use the leftovers in numerous ways. We have chinese & indian "picky bits" to have with cold turkey & ham for Boxing day and the couple of days after's tea. There will be turkey cranberry & brie sandwiches for a few days. Turkey & sweet leek pie, which will be frozen for January etc. etc.

Stock will be made & frozen from the carcass for turkey soup at a later date and to be used in place of chicken stock through the winter.

Food never gets thrown away in this house - it's why we bought a chest freezer.

over a year ago

I think it's madness that everyone goes over the top, the shops are only closed for two days, and come the 1st January most it ends up in the bin because diets start lol...

over a year ago

"Now don't get me wrong - I've bought to excess. For example, we have a turkey that serves 12-14 for 2 of us plus a ham which i'm about to put in the oven just now. HOWEVER, there will be no waste in our house. I will use the leftovers in numerous ways. We have chinese & indian "picky bits" to have with cold turkey & ham for Boxing day and the couple of days after's tea. There will be turkey cranberry & brie sandwiches for a few days. Turkey & sweet leek pie, which will be frozen for January etc. etc.

Stock will be made & frozen from the carcass for turkey soup at a later date and to be used in place of chicken stock through the winter.

Food never gets thrown away in this house - it's why we bought a chest freezer. "

over a year ago

Finished my food and drink shopping by Friday last week.

By *UNCHBOXMan
over a year ago

folkestone

Went to my local tesco today, and half the staff looked like customers as they didnt bother wearing uniforms. I guess it must have been non uniform day like i used to have at school many years ago.

over a year ago

there' one near us open tomorrow 8-8

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Big up to the local shops

I worked in a local butchers till I left to have my son, always heaving at Xmas

and a brilliant atmosphere! Loved it x

"

I knew you liked a big sausage or 2!

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"popped into work this morning and a work colleague was saying that in her local Waitrose yesterday morning, 2 women were fighting over a turkey!!

Now I would fight over a cock but not a turkey "

Some cocks look like the last turkey in the shop

By *etanreadyCouple
over a year ago

dover

Is it just us, but couldnt get a mince pie for love or money today, christmas just wont be the same grrrrrrrr

Post new Message to Thread