Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Chocolate football players

Jump to newest

By *teborah OP   Couple
over a year ago

warrington

My suspicians were confirmed yesterday that footballers are indeed a bunch of fannies and are made of chocolate Fergie confirmed this yesterday after a football hit him on the head Maybe it's time health and saftey got involved and introduced full protection as used by american footballers maybe it's time Fergie attended a rugby match to see real men playing a true physical game

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *teborah OP   Couple
over a year ago

warrington

"My suspicians were confirmed yesterday that footballers are indeed a bunch of fannies and are made of chocolate Fergie confirmed this yesterday after a football hit him on the head Maybe it's time health and saftey got involved and introduced full protection as used by american footballers maybe it's time Fergie attended a rugby match to see real men playing a true physical game "

Sorry one of his players I ment to say but it should have been him!

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"My suspicians were confirmed yesterday that footballers are indeed a bunch of fannies and are made of chocolate Fergie confirmed this yesterday after a football hit him on the head Maybe it's time health and saftey got involved and introduced full protection as used by american footballers maybe it's time Fergie attended a rugby match to see real men playing a true physical game

Maybe you should try lying down on the ground and having a football kicked at your head from point blank range and see how much you like it

Sorry one of his players I ment to say but it should have been him! "

over a year ago

i remember when alan smith (playing for man utd) was hit by a ball from 15 meters and it broke his ankle.

so van persie could have been injured as it was at point blank range and if you look at the players face a delibrate act.

i dont support man utd but these are the facts.

you can get hurt.

over a year ago

Yeah, it could have really done some damage

I've seen some of these guys trip over their own feet and have looked in a serious condition.

over a year ago

"i remember when alan smith (playing for man utd) was hit by a ball from 15 meters and it broke his ankle.

so van persie could have been injured as it was at point blank range and if you look at the players face a delibrate act.

i dont support man utd but these are the facts.

you can get hurt."

Yeah, you can get hurt, and it's a physical sport .....

(I'm in no way condoning the actions of the Swansea player) but sooo many footballers seem to be able to run quite freely after writhing on the ground in agony for three minutes

By *eavenNhellCouple
over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

Sir Alex bleating about 'the most dangerous challenge hes seen on a football pitch " conveniantly forgeting Roy Keans antics Aww sickle swansea didn't roll over for man ure then

over a year ago

They should stop paying them so much money and train them to run without falling over and acting like mardy school.kids.

over a year ago

"They should stop paying them so much money and train them to run without falling over and acting like mardy school.kids."

Ah right, so until they do it's perfectly acceptable for a professional footballer who knows how to aim a ball to kick it hard from point blank range at another player's head while he's on the floor and turned away from him.

Stupid statement.

over a year ago

Ashley Williams was instinctively clearing his lines. Yeah,RVP could have been hurt but Ferguson should keep his trap shut,He's forever criticising other players,teams and refs before ans after games to try and influence people. You only have to look at the way he points out how many teams get penalties at home,which he points out two days before Man U are playing them.

If Williams should get a ban then RVP should be up on a violent conduct charge for his reaction. Man the fuck up.

Thank god Man City fans weren't throwing footballs at the Man U players a fortnight ago, Someone could have been killed

over a year ago

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=ub842qIfVZQ&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dub842qIfVZQ&gl=GB

Mmmmm

By *ucky_LadsCouple (MM)
over a year ago

Kidderminster+ surrounding areas.

"Sir Alex bleating about 'the most dangerous challenge hes seen on a football pitch " conveniantly forgeting Roy Keans antics Aww sickle swansea didn't roll over for man ure then "

he forgets too about that mad paul scholes been running around hacking players down for a number of years now but fergie thinks he is an innocent little player!

i think he is a right reckless idiot!.

over a year ago

Ashley Williams - ""Everyone's going to have their own opinion but from my point of view I tried to apologise on the pitch but it all flared up,"

"I just kicked the ball in frustration and obviously not trying to hit him square on the head.

"I understand exactly why he's angry. I'd be the same if the ball hit me on the head at that pace."

Wayne Rooney - "I think it's one of those things," he said. "The whistle's gone, the defenders gone to clear and it's hit him in the head. I think [it was] probably the right decision from the referee."

Ferguson - "Robin van Persie is lucky to be alive. It was a disgraceful act from their player," "He should be banned by the FA. Robin could have had a broken neck." "With the Van Persie situation, you can clearly see that he could have been killed.

"He should be banned for a long time because that was the most dangerous thing I've seen on a football field for many years.

"It was absolutely deliberate. The whistle has gone, the game has stopped and he has done that right in front of the referee, he could have killed the lad.

"It was a disgraceful act by the player, he should be banned for a long time." "I know he is a young referee but dear me what a performance that was."

Over reaction from anyone there? Fergie was steaming because they failed to beat Swansea. If any other manger had said what Fergie said the FA would be having a good look at it. But they won't.

Cos. It's. Ferguson.

over a year ago

"Ashley Williams - ""Everyone's going to have their own opinion but from my point of view I tried to apologise on the pitch but it all flared up,"

"I just kicked the ball in frustration and obviously not trying to hit him square on the head.

"I understand exactly why he's angry. I'd be the same if the ball hit me on the head at that pace."

Wayne Rooney - "I think it's one of those things," he said. "The whistle's gone, the defenders gone to clear and it's hit him in the head. I think [it was] probably the right decision from the referee."

Ferguson - "Robin van Persie is lucky to be alive. It was a disgraceful act from their player," "He should be banned by the FA. Robin could have had a broken neck." "With the Van Persie situation, you can clearly see that he could have been killed.

"He should be banned for a long time because that was the most dangerous thing I've seen on a football field for many years.

"It was absolutely deliberate. The whistle has gone, the game has stopped and he has done that right in front of the referee, he could have killed the lad.

"It was a disgraceful act by the player, he should be banned for a long time." "I know he is a young referee but dear me what a performance that was."

Over reaction from anyone there? Fergie was steaming because they failed to beat Swansea. If any other manger had said what Fergie said the FA would be having a good look at it. But they won't.

Cos. It's. Ferguson."

Ferguson is losing his grip on reality more as he gets older.... whether thats age or alcohol, who nose (sic)

His statement was a disgrace, maybe he should have kept his BBC embargo up to stop him looking such a twonk!

At the end of the day Williams kicked a synthetic football, he did not brandish an AK47

over a year ago

well said kid lol

By *ashful BazMan
over a year ago

poole dorset

I don't blame Alex getting upset, Robin is one of Uniteds star players.

Now if it had been Ashley Grimes, he's here he's there he's every fucking where!

over a year ago

Luigi Riva the former Cagliari striker possessed a shot so hard it broke the arm of a spectator back in the crowd when one of his goal efforts missed its target…..

So yeah its fair to say an close range shot intentionally or unintentionally directed at the back of a players head has serious implications....

By *hite SnakeMan
over a year ago

leeds

They should return to the 60's 70's style of play, football was a lot more fun to watch then proper men playing hard none of the primadonnas you have in the modern game if they tackled noe like they did then there wouldnt be anyone left on the pitch.

over a year ago

"

Luigi Riva the former Cagliari striker possessed a shot so hard it broke the arm of a spectator back in the crowd when one of his goal efforts missed its target…..

So yeah its fair to say an close range shot intentionally or unintentionally directed at the back of a players head has serious implications....

"

Was his shot so hard, or the spectator have a medical condition that made him susceptible to breaks?

If being hit by a plastic ball was so lethal, there would be dozens of dead and injured every time they lined up for a 'wall'.

I would concede its dangerous, but lethal????? No

over a year ago

Is it me or does the premier league appear to be getting more and more like the WWE every year. Tired scripts like who has rivalry with who. Good guys getting beaten by bad guys. Managers complaining to the FA when they loose a match because the ref's back was turned at a crucial moment. The bad guy that everyone loves to hate. Impossibly big-titted women cheering their boyfriends on from the sidelines and occasionally having scraps themselves. (ok that one is a wish!)

But if anyone has ever seen any of the American wrestling recently you can perhaps confirm that similar sorts of things do indeed happen in both sports.

I bet during Man U's next match Rafa Benitez will run down from the terraces and hit Ferguson on the head with a folding chair.

over a year ago

"They should stop paying them so much money and train them to run without falling over and acting like mardy school.kids.

Ah right, so until they do it's perfectly acceptable for a professional footballer who knows how to aim a ball to kick it hard from point blank range at another player's head while he's on the floor and turned away from him.

Stupid statement. "

williams said it was an accident and there was a Swans player on the floor to. Man U and ferguson just acting like kids cos they didn't win !!!!!

over a year ago

"

Was his shot so hard, or the spectator have a medical condition that made him susceptible to breaks?

If being hit by a plastic ball was so lethal, there would be dozens of dead and injured every time they lined up for a 'wall'.

I would concede its dangerous, but lethal????? No"

If you don't want to read it all.... skip to the last line...

The Ball

A regulation adult soccer ball weighs right around 1 lb. The Laws of the Game promulgated by FIFA, the international governing body, specify that the ball weigh between 14 and 16 oz. at the start of a match. This translates to 0.45 kg, valuable as metric measures are typically used to measure the force of soccer kicks. The ball is pumped with air to between 8.5 to 15.6 lbs. per square inch so that it presents a rigid spherical shape that can be kicked

The Kick

The time of contact between a player's shoe and the ball is 0.05 seconds, according to James Watkins, a professor of Sports Science at Swansea University in the United Kingdom, in "An Introduction to the Biomechanics of Sport and Exercise." The velocity of the kicked ball is 30 meters per second, or 67 mph, he notes. The force of the ball can be determined by using the impulse-momentum form of Newton's second law of motion, which holds that the force equals the weight of the ball times its velocity divided by the time of foot contact.

The Calculations:

In the example of a kick traveling 30 meters per second, the force is 270 Newtons. This figure is derived from 0.45 kg, the weight of the ball, times 30 meters per second, divided by 0.05 seconds. To convert Newtons, a metric measure of force, to a second measure called kilogram-force, which measures force in units based on the force gravity exerts on 1 kg, you apply a formula that 1 kgf equals 9.81 Newtons. This yields a result of 27.52 kgf for the force of an average soccer player kicking the ball. The calculation of 270 Newtons can also be converted to a standard-measure force of about 1,200 pound-force, by dividing each Newton by 0.22481. A pound-force, also called simply a pound, also equals the gravitational force on a mass of 1 lb.

Averages

In "Biomechanical Characteristics and Determinants of Instep Soccer Kick," Eleftherios Kellis of the sports sciences department at Aristotle University in Greece compiled ball speeds from kicks reported in 27 research studies. Ball speeds ranged from a low of 14.9 meters per second in youths aged 10 to 17 to 30 meters per second for professional soccer players, with many adult amateurs able to send the ball at 25 meters per second. The pounds of force can be calculated knowing that the ball weight is constant for all the studies, with the added assumption that the shoe contact time is also fairly constant at about 0.05 seconds. Thus while professional players send the ball at 30 meters per second and 1,200 lbs. of force, an average adult player sends the ball at around 25 meters per second based on a kick of 1,000 lbs. of force, while average youth players may only muster a ball speed of 14.9 meters per second, indicating just 600 lbs. of force...

I hope that helps...

over a year ago

"Is it me or does the premier league appear to be getting more and more like the WWE every year. Tired scripts like who has rivalry with who. Good guys getting beaten by bad guys. Managers complaining to the FA when they loose a match because the ref's back was turned at a crucial moment. The bad guy that everyone loves to hate. Impossibly big-titted women cheering their boyfriends on from the sidelines and occasionally having scraps themselves. (ok that one is a wish!)

But if anyone has ever seen any of the American wrestling recently you can perhaps confirm that similar sorts of things do indeed happen in both sports.

I bet during Man U's next match Rafa Benitez will run down from the terraces and hit Ferguson on the head with a folding chair. "

We live in hope

By *umpkinMan
over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

"

The Ball

A regulation adult soccer ball weighs right around 1 lb. The Laws of the Game promulgated by FIFA, the international governing body, specify that the ball weigh between 14 and 16 oz. at the start of a match. This translates to 0.45 kg, valuable as metric measures are typically used to measure the force of soccer kicks. The ball is pumped with air to between 8.5 to 15.6 lbs. per square inch so that it presents a rigid spherical shape that can be kicked

The Kick

The time of contact between a player's shoe and the ball is 0.05 seconds, according to James Watkins, a professor of Sports Science at Swansea University in the United Kingdom, in "An Introduction to the Biomechanics of Sport and Exercise." The velocity of the kicked ball is 30 meters per second, or 67 mph, he notes. The force of the ball can be determined by using the impulse-momentum form of Newton's second law of motion, which holds that the force equals the weight of the ball times its velocity divided by the time of foot contact.

The Calculations:

In the example of a kick traveling 30 meters per second, the force is 270 Newtons. This figure is derived from 0.45 kg, the weight of the ball, times 30 meters per second, divided by 0.05 seconds. To convert Newtons, a metric measure of force, to a second measure called kilogram-force, which measures force in units based on the force gravity exerts on 1 kg, you apply a formula that 1 kgf equals 9.81 Newtons. This yields a result of 27.52 kgf for the force of an average soccer player kicking the ball. The calculation of 270 Newtons can also be converted to a standard-measure force of about 1,200 pound-force, by dividing each Newton by 0.22481. A pound-force, also called simply a pound, also equals the gravitational force on a mass of 1 lb.

Averages

In "Biomechanical Characteristics and Determinants of Instep Soccer Kick," Eleftherios Kellis of the sports sciences department at Aristotle University in Greece compiled ball speeds from kicks reported in 27 research studies. Ball speeds ranged from a low of 14.9 meters per second in youths aged 10 to 17 to 30 meters per second for professional soccer players, with many adult amateurs able to send the ball at 25 meters per second. The pounds of force can be calculated knowing that the ball weight is constant for all the studies, with the added assumption that the shoe contact time is also fairly constant at about 0.05 seconds. Thus while professional players send the ball at 30 meters per second and 1,200 lbs. of force, an average adult player sends the ball at around 25 meters per second based on a kick of 1,000 lbs. of force, while average youth players may only muster a ball speed of 14.9 meters per second, indicating just 600 lbs. of force...

I hope that helps...

"

Think how lucky Fillipe Massa was when he hit that 1 kilo spring that fell off Rubens Barriccello`s car whilst doing 150+ mph a couple of seasons ago!

over a year ago

"

"

So we'll have to ban defenders in walls facing the keeper to line it up in case the other team decide to take a quick one??

over a year ago

"

The Ball

The Kick

The Calculations:

Averages

I hope that helps...

"

Kick Footballs out of Football

over a year ago

"

So we'll have to ban defenders in walls facing the keeper to line it up in case the other team decide to take a quick one??"

I don't know, its not for me to decide.... But perhaps we should workout the math for the dynamic force needed to snap someones neck….

Then we can assess the risk….. eh!….

over a year ago

"Ashley Williams was instinctively clearing his lines. Yeah,RVP could have been hurt but Ferguson should keep his trap shut,He's forever criticising other players,teams and refs before ans after games to try and influence people. You only have to look at the way he points out how many teams get penalties at home,which he points out two days before Man U are playing them.

If Williams should get a ban then RVP should be up on a violent conduct charge for his reaction. Man the fuck up.

Thank god Man City fans weren't throwing footballs at the Man U players a fortnight ago, Someone could have been killed"

The point is that seeing this incident a fair few times it was intentional and it could have caused serious injury. Thankfully RVP was not injured and will probably be the difference in the premiership returning to the greatest club in History (being a season ticket holder and born and bred in the republic of Mancunia) I could be biased!!! As for Ciddy fans I was at the Council House for the game and I was spat upon and threatened by children and there is no valid excuse for throwing coins or anything at sportsmen in any environment. Man Up for Man U!!!!

over a year ago

"Ashley Williams was instinctively clearing his lines. Yeah,RVP could have been hurt but Ferguson should keep his trap shut,He's forever criticising other players,teams and refs before ans after games to try and influence people. You only have to look at the way he points out how many teams get penalties at home,which he points out two days before Man U are playing them.

Thank god Man City fans weren't throwing footballs at the Man U players a fortnight ago, Someone could have been killedThe point is that seeing this incident a fair few times it was intentional and it could have caused serious injury. Thankfully RVP was not injured and will probably be the difference in the premiership returning to the greatest club in History (being a season ticket holder and born and bred in the republic of Mancunia) I could be biased!!! As for Ciddy fans I was at the Council House for the game and I was spat upon and threatened by children and there is no valid excuse for throwing coins or anything at sportsmen in any environment. Man Up for Man U!!!!"

Man U fans - Bottle and coins- Craig Bellamy

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"My suspicians were confirmed yesterday that footballers are indeed a bunch of fannies and are made of chocolate Fergie confirmed this yesterday after a football hit him on the head Maybe it's time health and saftey got involved and introduced full protection as used by american footballers maybe it's time Fergie attended a rugby match to see real men playing a true physical game "

I've seen rugby players knocked out by a rugby balls after being hit by one at point blank range.......

you get hit my almost anything at point blank range fast enough and it could knock you out.....

I got knocked out by a cricket ball once.. i was standing in the crease minding my own business....

you gonna call me soft... to my face... really....

over a year ago

"My suspicians were confirmed yesterday that footballers are indeed a bunch of fannies and are made of chocolate Fergie confirmed this yesterday after a football hit him on the head Maybe it's time health and saftey got involved and introduced full protection as used by american footballers maybe it's time Fergie attended a rugby match to see real men playing a true physical game

I've seen rugby players knocked out by a rugby balls after being hit by one at point blank range.......

you get hit my almost anything at point blank range fast enough and it could knock you out.....

I got knocked out by a cricket ball once.. i was standing in the crease minding my own business....

you gonna call me soft... to my face... really.... "

I used to field at Silly Point! It's called that for an obvious reason

over a year ago

"

"

I think, if you look back the balls of the days Lugi Rivera was player were a whole lot different then they are now, and tbh footballers now away days are just prima donna's with managers like Ferguson feeding there ego's, that guy certainly has a very short memory, id say something along the lines of a goldfish !!!!!

over a year ago

"

I think, if you look back the balls of the days Lugi Rivera was player were a whole lot different then they are now, and tbh footballers now away days are just prima donna's with managers like Ferguson feeding there ego's, that guy certainly has a very short memory, id say something along the lines of a goldfish !!!!! "

Good point about the older ball

But apparently back in the day,,, the force required to snap someone’s neck during official hanging was calculated using body weight multiplied by the length of fall and the force of gravity (an approximate average figure of 1,100 ft lbs was used in U.K. hangings)

So as modern professional footballers are quite capable of kicking a ball generating a strike force of over 1200 ft lbs….

Perhaps doubters need a re-think..... but hey,,,,, freak accidents will always happen....

over a year ago

Thank god Man City fans weren't throwing footballs at the Man U players a fortnight ago, Someone could have been killedThe point is that seeing this incident a fair few times it was intentional and it could have caused serious injury. Thankfully RVP was not injured and will probably be the difference in the premiership returning to the greatest club in History (being a season ticket holder and born and bred in the republic of Mancunia) I could be biased!!! As for Ciddy fans I was at the Council House for the game and I was spat upon and threatened by children and there is no valid excuse for throwing coins or anything at sportsmen in any environment. Man Up for Man U!!!!

Man U fans - Bottle and coins- Craig Bellamy"

I did say that throwing things at sports people in any environment is unnacceptable! There are nutters at the Theatre of Dreams as there are in any football ground. Sad but a reality. As for Sir Alex............he is the best!

over a year ago

Has anyone mentioned Bert Trautman yet ?

over a year ago

"

I think, if you look back the balls of the days Lugi Rivera was player were a whole lot different then they are now, and tbh footballers now away days are just prima donna's with managers like Ferguson feeding there ego's, that guy certainly has a very short memory, id say something along the lines of a goldfish !!!!!

But apparently back in the day,,, the force required to snap someone’s neck during official hanging was calculated using body weight multiplied by the length of fall and the force of gravity (an approximate average figure of 1,100 ft lbs was used in U.K. hangings)

So as modern professional footballers are quite capable of kicking a ball generating a strike force of over 1200 ft lbs….

Perhaps doubters need a re-think..... but hey,,,,, freak accidents will always happen.... "

This would not have been an accident......it was intentional and after the whistle had been blown. It was wrong and the lad should be dealt with in the laws of the game. For those who think it was not intentional I suggest you watch the incident and look at the player kicking the ball and the palyer on the ground!

over a year ago

squash the ball into an egg shape, pick it up and run with it.....everyone stops being over paid pre-maddonas and mysteriously don't fall over with slightest touch

over a year ago

"Has anyone mentioned Bert Trautman yet ? "

didnt he collied with the goalpost lol

over a year ago

"

Perhaps doubters need a re-think..... but hey,,,,, freak accidents will always happen.... This would not have been an accident......it was intentional and after the whistle had been blown. It was wrong and the lad should be dealt with in the laws of the game. For those who think it was not intentional I suggest you watch the incident and look at the player kicking the ball and the palyer on the ground!"

think if you look Williams (or as you put it the player kicking the ball) was committed to kick the ball so just because the whistle went he couldn't stop mid kick. Van percie wasn't hurt as seen by his reaction and as for Fergie didn't he once kick/throw a boot into Bechams face? Common assault I believe

over a year ago

"

Perhaps doubters need a re-think..... but hey,,,,, freak accidents will always happen.... This would not have been an accident......it was intentional and after the whistle had been blown. It was wrong and the lad should be dealt with in the laws of the game. For those who think it was not intentional I suggest you watch the incident and look at the player kicking the ball and the palyer on the ground!"

If a tragedy had occurred in this instance, it would be necessary to legally establish whether the player kicking the ball was acting with malicious intent to cause harm or death…..

Yes his actions where undoubtedly foolish and had serious implications, but was he deliberately trying to harm a fellow player without regard for the consequences?

I think not!

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 24/12/12 12:33:18]

over a year ago

I've just watched Sky Sports News, most if all of the managers they interviewed on there about this subject believes Ferguson is or has gone over the top again, it really could be something to do with the result, because poor little Swansea didnt roll over for the mighty United lol

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 24/12/12 12:37:06]

over a year ago

"Ashley Williams - ""Everyone's going to have their own opinion but from my point of view I tried to apologise on the pitch but it all flared up,"

Cos. It's. Ferguson."

Really, he actually said he could have been killed? How ridiculous! I used to love football but after the world cup in south Africa, I vowed never to watch a game again and I haven't. I hate them all, overpaid tossers!

By *awkeye and HotlipsCouple
over a year ago

Takeley

Having concussed a player and had my nose broken by a football, everything has it's risks. Look at all the freak accidents that have happened over the years. It's a calculated risk ( remember David Buust ). It's a contact sport and most injuries are caused by impact ( and intent ). How many red cards has RVP had in his career? Dunno, don't care. They are well rewarded and heavily insured. Most premiership footballers are so robotic, they do things without thinking. Was Williams trying to hurt RVP? Only he will know, but he was just trying to clear a ball as far as he could from the penalty area as I would have done. Premeditated? I don't think he even had time to think about it. I'd have more respect for the man, if he'd have got up ( and didn't he get up quickly ) and hit Williams. All he did was gra a shirt ( was it a corner lol ), mouth off at the ref and hide behind his managers coattails in the post match interview. Grow a pair Manu.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 24/12/12 12:50:41]

over a year ago

: "The FA may realise who has produced more players for their country than any club in the world.

"Maybe they will realise how important we are to England instead of treating us like shit.....

: “When you do something, and everyone believes in it, you should all do it together.

“There shouldn't be sheep wandering off. I think he is making the wrong message.

“All the players are wearing it. I have only heard that Jason Roberts is different - but he is very different,”....

"The number of penalty kicks they get, 21 in the last year or something like that," said Ferguson.

"If we got that number of penalty kicks there’d be an inquiry in the House of Commons. There’d be a protest."....

"Whether the assistant referee ever gets a game again is not for me to decide, but it’s an absolutely shocking decision,"...

After watching Chelsea take all three points at Stamford Bridge on 1 March, Ferguson said the match had required a "fair" official and that he had "feared the worst" as soon as he realised Atkinson would be in charge.

Ferguson has an opinion on everthing,most of them uncalled for and none of his business. He's a perennial whinger. Man U might be poorer without him but the Premier League won't be

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

"

M8 you should have seen it coming..

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

": "The FA may realise who has produced more players for their country than any club in the world.

"Maybe they will realise how important we are to England instead of treating us like shit.....

: “When you do something, and everyone believes in it, you should all do it together.

“There shouldn't be sheep wandering off. I think he is making the wrong message.

“All the players are wearing it. I have only heard that Jason Roberts is different - but he is very different,”....

"The number of penalty kicks they get, 21 in the last year or something like that," said Ferguson.

"If we got that number of penalty kicks there’d be an inquiry in the House of Commons. There’d be a protest."....

"Whether the assistant referee ever gets a game again is not for me to decide, but it’s an absolutely shocking decision,"...

After watching Chelsea take all three points at Stamford Bridge on 1 March, Ferguson said the match had required a "fair" official and that he had "feared the worst" as soon as he realised Atkinson would be in charge.

Ferguson has an opinion on everthing,most of them uncalled for and none of his business. He's a perennial whinger. Man U might be poorer without him but the Premier League won't be"

have to agree, nothing to do with 'team loyalty' at all and in fact i think he has been one of the most successfull managers post war but he does talk complete and utter bollocks at times..

this latest one is pretty much top of the pile for hysterical codswallop...

over a year ago

":

have to agree, nothing to do with 'team loyalty' at all and in fact i think he has been one of the most successfull managers post war but he does talk complete and utter bollocks at times..

this latest one is pretty much top of the pile for hysterical codswallop...

"

The first point is bollocks too. Aston Villa have supplied more players for England than United have. Unless Ferguson thinks England's history starts in with the formation of the PL in '92. (which it doesn't and isn't something he stipulated in his diatribe)

over a year ago

Speaking in his post-match interview, United boss Sir Alex Ferguson lambasted Swansea defender Ashley Williams, and called for the player to be punished with a lengthy ban.

“Their player has shown a total disregard for hair care,” he insisted.

“If there hadn’t been a hairdresser in the stadium then we could have been talking about something much more serious.”

“We can only hope that Robin’s hair will respond positively to pentapeptides.”

“I would urge clubs to ensure that their physios carry Triple Resist shampoo enriched in Arginine and protein as part of their kit, so that future tragedies can be averted.”

over a year ago

Ha ha love this united bashing

over a year ago

"

The Ball

The Kick

The Calculations:

Averages

I hope that helps...

"

Is this a perfect cup of tea?

Researchers carried out a study that found the optimum brewing time is two minutes and the ideal amount of milk is 10ml.

The perfect drinking temperature of 60C (140F) is achieved six minutes later but after 17 minutes and 30 seconds the tea will be past its best as it falls below 45C (113F).

The formula, created by scientists at the University of Northumbria, is: TB + (H2O at 100C) 2mins BT + C (10ml) + 6mins BT = PC (at OT 60C).

TB = tea bag; BT = brewing time; C = milk; PC = perfect cuppa; OT = optimum temperature.

The team spent 180 hours of testing and a panel of volunteers who consumed 285 cups of tea in the laboratory.

Scientists talk all sorts of bollocks when they are paid enough to do the research.

At the end of the day, how many football related deaths are there? I have had a look on the interweb and cant find anyone who has died directly from being hit with a ball!

The only deaths by ball I could find were cricket, golf or hockey where the ball is much harder.

Fergie, successful as he has been, is a whinging twonk who dont like it when his team dont win. If one of his players had done what Williams had done, Old Whisky Nose would not have even mentioned it.

over a year ago

"

The Ball

The Kick

The Calculations:

Averages

I hope that helps...

"

Is this a perfect cup of tea?

Researchers carried out a study that found the optimum brewing time is two minutes and the ideal amount of milk is 10ml.

The perfect drinking temperature of 60C (140F) is achieved six minutes later but after 17 minutes and 30 seconds the tea will be past its best as it falls below 45C (113F).

The formula, created by scientists at the University of Northumbria, is: TB + (H2O at 100C) 2mins BT + C (10ml) + 6mins BT = PC (at OT 60C).

TB = tea bag; BT = brewing time; C = milk; PC = perfect cuppa; OT = optimum temperature.

The team spent 180 hours of testing and a panel of volunteers who consumed 285 cups of tea in the laboratory.

Scientists talk all sorts of bollocks when they are paid enough to do the research.

At the end of the day, how many football related deaths are there? I have had a look on the interweb and cant find anyone who has died directly from being hit with a ball!

The only deaths by ball I could find were cricket, golf or hockey where the ball is much harder.

Fergie, successful as he has been, is a whinging twonk who dont like it when his team dont win. If one of his players had done what Williams had done, Old Whisky Nose would not have even mentioned it.

over a year ago

": "The FA may realise who has produced more players for their country than any club in the world.

Ferguson has an opinion on everthing,most of them uncalled for and none of his business. He's a perennial whinger. Man U might be poorer without him but the Premier League won't be"

and per chance you team is?

Perhaps Ashley Williams was frustrated that was because for most of the game he could not get near RVP and his frustrations came about in trying to hit a player on the ground. That said it was the only time he got near him. It was a dangerous thing to do. Ferguson is the greatest football team manager that this country has ever produced. He says it as it is and would rather have him on my side than some I could mention. His record speaks for himself! he has his faults, dont we all but in the red three quarters of the Republic of Mancunia we will be drink a dramm to health on NYE!!!

over a year ago

": and per chance you team is?

!"

What difference does it make? Some managers have some dignity and decorum and refrain from slagging off other clubs and other clubs players on a regular basis. Others can't help themselves and some think their longevity and success gives them carte blanche to say what they want. Which category do you think Ferguson falls into?

over a year ago

i do agree with the fact that sir alex does make these statements so decisions go his teams way in the next match and place the officials under greater pressure.

im sure his concern for his player was valid but his comment was over the top.

as for players wages. the clubs pay what it takes to get the best players.

if i was in demand like some of these players are i would be asking for top wages also.

over a year ago

": and per chance you team is?

!

What difference does it make? Some managers have some dignity and decorum and refrain from slagging off other clubs and other clubs players on a regular basis. Others can't help themselves and some think their longevity and success gives them carte blanche to say what they want. Which category do you think Ferguson falls into?"

the God category! Quite simply the greatest football manager that has ever lived! He has his faults as I said earlier but he says it as it!

over a year ago

on a side note.

footballers wages are nothing compared to what baseball players get in the major league in america.

men in pyjamas playing rounders can get over £150 million in 2 years.

over a year ago

"

I have had a look on the interweb and cant find anyone who has died directly from being hit with a ball!

"

Gosh those two lines made me chuckle

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 24/12/12 16:43:19]

By *teborah OP   Couple
over a year ago

warrington

You should be more carefull and observant when you next play with balls then

By *amschwingerzCouple
over a year ago

West

"Sir Alex bleating about 'the most dangerous challenge hes seen on a football pitch " conveniantly forgeting Roy Keans antics Aww sickle swansea didn't roll over for man ure then "

Dont forget the supporter who accidentally walked into Eric Cantona's boots at Crystal Palace..

Ferguson should be grateful they get away with what they do and shut the fuck up...

over a year ago

"Sir Alex bleating about 'the most dangerous challenge hes seen on a football pitch " conveniantly forgeting Roy Keans antics Aww sickle swansea didn't roll over for man ure then

Dont forget the supporter who accidentally walked into Eric Cantona's boots at Crystal Palace..

Ferguson should be grateful they get away with what they do and shut the fuck up..."

The Frenchman in question was banned for 9 months after he slapped a moron who called his mother something quite obscene.

over a year ago

"Sir Alex bleating about 'the most dangerous challenge hes seen on a football pitch " conveniantly forgeting Roy Keans antics Aww sickle swansea didn't roll over for man ure then

Ferguson should be grateful they get away with what they do and shut the fuck up...The Frenchman in question was banned for 9 months after he slapped a moron who called his mother something quite obscene."

Slapped?

over a year ago

dont forget Eric Cantonna's Kung fu kick on a fan

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 25/12/12 23:43:14]

over a year ago

over a year ago

Who kicked a football at Derek Branning?

over a year ago

Cos. It's. Ferguson."

over a year ago

Thank god Man City fans weren't throwing footballs at the Man U players a fortnight ago, Someone could have been killedThe point is that seeing this incident a fair few times it was intentional and it could have caused serious injury. Thankfully RVP was not injured and will probably be the difference in the premiership returning to the greatest club in History (being a season ticket holder and born and bred in the republic of Mancunia) I could be biased!!! As for Ciddy fans I was at the Council House for the game and I was spat upon and threatened by children and there is no valid excuse for throwing coins or anything at sportsmen in any environment. Man Up for Man U!!!!

Man U fans - Bottle and coins- Craig Bellamy"

loving your retorts!!

over a year ago

Ferguson has an opinion on everthing,most of them uncalled for and none of his business. He's a perennial whinger. Man U might be poorer without him but the Premier League won't beand per chance you team is?

Perhaps Ashley Williams was frustrated that was because for most of the game he could not get near RVP and his frustrations came about in trying to hit a player on the ground. That said it was the only time he got near him. It was a dangerous thing to do. Ferguson is the greatest football team manager that this country has ever produced. He says it as it is and would rather have him on my side than some I could mention. His record speaks for himself! he has his faults, dont we all but in the red three quarters of the Republic of Mancunia we will be drink a dramm to health on NYE!!!"

I think he means the red three quarters of London, Asia, and anywhere else but Manchester......

over a year ago

Ferguson has an opinion on everthing,most of them uncalled for and none of his business. He's a perennial whinger. Man U might be poorer without him but the Premier League won't beand per chance you team is?

Perhaps Ashley Williams was frustrated that was because for most of the game he could not get near RVP and his frustrations came about in trying to hit a player on the ground. That said it was the only time he got near him. It was a dangerous thing to do. Ferguson is the greatest football team manager that this country has ever produced. He says it as it is and would rather have him on my side than some I could mention. His record speaks for himself! he has his faults, dont we all but in the red three quarters of the Republic of Mancunia we will be drink a dramm to health on NYE!!!

I think he means the red three quarters of London, Asia, and anywhere else but Manchester......"

Well its a global sport!

Post new Message to Thread