Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

What did I get for Xmas? Flu.

Jump to newest

By *.L.0460. OP   Woman
over a year ago

Bognor Regis

Well, I'm calling it flu but the aches & shivers only lasted 36 hours, so I'm not sure if it really is proper flu or a bad virus.

I still had to go in for my shift at 9pm on Xmas eve though, however my manager took one look at me & generously arranged for me to leave work at 3pm Xmas day, rather than 10pm

So, not only did I not get to have my usual Xmas with my son, I missed out on half of the Xmas day double pay too! Fml.

I'm still awake at the moment with a hacking cough. For anyone else who's been poorly this Xmas, get well soon xx

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

And you to young lady get better soon try get some sleep

By *ild n NaughtyMan
over a year ago

south Cheshire

Iv got these symptoms too feel terrible my sister kindly brought round the virus friday afternoon so now iv a ruined Christmas

By *.L.0460. OP   Woman
over a year ago

Bognor Regis

"Iv got these symptoms too feel terrible my sister kindly brought round the virus friday afternoon so now iv a ruined Christmas "

It's bloody awful, isn't it? I'm on about day 6 and still feel terrible- I had to leave my shift early today

By *ittlemiss1985Woman
over a year ago

Lansing

Kinda sounds like what I had last month, except I had a nasty cough. Turned out I ended up having a nasty sinus infection.

By *.L.0460. OP   Woman
over a year ago

Bognor Regis

"Kinda sounds like what I had last month, except I had a nasty cough. Turned out I ended up having a nasty sinus infection."

I got the cough

By *eah BabyCouple
over a year ago

Cheshire, Windermere ,Cumbria

Wills a week in of coughing, snotting, chills and a fever and not much better, he tested positive for Covid Christmas Day, wasn’t on his Santa’s wish list that’s for sure.

Wishing all those poorly a speedy recovery and hopefully a healthy new year xx

By *orny PTMan
over a year ago

Peterborough

Get well soon.

I had a nasty upper airway infection this Spring, so you all have my sympathy.

By *.L.0460. OP   Woman
over a year ago

Bognor Regis

"Get well soon.

I had a nasty upper airway infection this Spring, so you all have my sympathy."

Thank you very much x

By *ittlemiss1985Woman
over a year ago

Lansing

"Kinda sounds like what I had last month, except I had a nasty cough. Turned out I ended up having a nasty sinus infection.

I got the cough "

Gah hope you're feeling better. I was so bad I thought I had Covid. Ending up going to urgent care to get tested to the flu after 4 negative Covid tests.

over a year ago

I had this in October, 2 weeks after 2nd bout of covid. Got it again in December, it.s still hanging on

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I have a horrible coldy type thing, Mr N has full on covid. It really is nasty

By *c_FingersMan
over a year ago

Stoke On Trent

Had a flu type poorliness which evolved into a chest infection and now coughing, snotty, croaky voice sounding weirdo ??

But I’m still here so BOOM!!!!

By *.L.0460. OP   Woman
over a year ago

Bognor Regis

"Had a flu type poorliness which evolved into a chest infection and now coughing, snotty, croaky voice sounding weirdo ??

But I’m still here so BOOM!!!!"

It's a bad one huh?

I haven't had a voice for 9 days now

By *ickshawedCouple
over a year ago

Wolverhampton

I'm 13 days into the nastiest cold I've ever had. Sinuses got so blocked they got infected and I've had facial, ear, eye, gum, and head pain for about 4 days now. Could hardly sleep last night as the painkillers did nothing.

So many people have been ill. Hope you feel better soon OP

By *.L.0460. OP   Woman
over a year ago

Bognor Regis

"I'm 13 days into the nastiest cold I've ever had. Sinuses got so blocked they got infected and I've had facial, ear, eye, gum, and head pain for about 4 days now. Could hardly sleep last night as the painkillers did nothing.

So many people have been ill. Hope you feel better soon OP "

Ohhhh ouch

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

I haven't tested as I've got no tests but if what I've got ain't covid I'd be incredibly surprised.

Could barely lift a bottle of milk yesterday and tried to shower earlier after 24 hours in bed and the water felt like needles on my skin.

One odd thing, my bladder aches like a bitch when I go for a wee.

By *.L.0460. OP   Woman
over a year ago

Bognor Regis

"I haven't tested as I've got no tests but if what I've got ain't covid I'd be incredibly surprised.

Could barely lift a bottle of milk yesterday and tried to shower earlier after 24 hours in bed and the water felt like needles on my skin.

One odd thing, my bladder aches like a bitch when I go for a wee."

I hope you're starting to feel better.

I eventually did a Covid test & it was neggy. To be honest, this is WAAAAY worse than when I got 'rona. I'm so miserable- it's nearly 2 weeks now & I still feel bloody awful

By *rtyIanMan
over a year ago

Gateway to the Beacons

Since start of December I’ve had this, currently it’s sinusitis and I can’t shift it. Started as flu

By *.L.0460. OP   Woman
over a year ago

Bognor Regis

"Since start of December I’ve had this, currently it’s sinusitis and I can’t shift it. Started as flu "

What a nightmare. I hope you shake it soon

By *immy PMan
over a year ago

notts via worksop

i had this the week before xmas, shivers a couple of days and general flu symptoms. i'm still coughing as we speak...

By *rtyIanMan
over a year ago

Gateway to the Beacons

"Since start of December I’ve had this, currently it’s sinusitis and I can’t shift it. Started as flu

What a nightmare. I hope you shake it soon"

And me I’m off to Portugal next week

By *.L.0460. OP   Woman
over a year ago

Bognor Regis

"i had this the week before xmas, shivers a couple of days and general flu symptoms. i'm still coughing as we speak...

"

The cough is the worst I've ever had! My chest & back are hurting & I haven't been able to talk for a week. I hope you feel better soon

over a year ago

"I'm 13 days into the nastiest cold I've ever had. Sinuses got so blocked they got infected and I've had facial, ear, eye, gum, and head pain for about 4 days now. Could hardly sleep last night as the painkillers did nothing.

So many people have been ill. Hope you feel better soon OP "

So it was you? I have the same thing, the sinusitis makes you want to rip your face off doesn't it? Doc doesn't want me to have anti-biotics but I've never had anything hang on so long....

By *ackandtheunicornCouple
over a year ago

liverpool

We've both got the same.

Sucks. Getting over it now

over a year ago

We went back to the UK mid December to see our families...Mrs ended up in bed in the hotel room for 3 days....her lungs sounded like someone blowing into a straw through a glass of water. We ended up with antibiotics delivered to the room ( fabulous staff getting it organised), and now both of us have been floored by this bug. Still coughing constantly with peaks and troughs of sapped energy. It's been a nasty one . Get well soon all xxx

By *ickshawedCouple
over a year ago

Wolverhampton

So many people have been ill. Hope you feel better soon OP

So it was you? I have the same thing, the sinusitis makes you want to rip your face off doesn't it? Doc doesn't want me to have anti-biotics but I've never had anything hang on so long....

"

What was me? I'm not infectious online, you can't blame me for making you sick

As completely expected I've been feeling better just as I start back at work today. The cold is very much improved, but the sinusitis is hanging on. The pain was at its worst new year's eve/day and I could hardly sleep. Now it's like an itch in my gum, soreness in my cheek and pain if I open my mouth too wide. Plus it's made my hearing funny so I'm a bit dizzy when walking. I'd never even heard of sinusitis before, but it's utterly shite. Hope everyone recovers soon x

By *.L.0460. OP   Woman
over a year ago

Bognor Regis

Obviously, I wouldn't wish this on anyone, but it has eased my mind that others have had this for longer than most bugs

I was beginning to think it was just me.

over a year ago

I'm on week two of the cough, it's just lingering. You're not alone.

By *.L.0460. OP   Woman
over a year ago

Bognor Regis

"I'm on week two of the cough, it's just lingering. You're not alone. "

None of the usual over the counter meds are working on this!! No wonder they're now asking that people with flu stick a mask on if they have to go out

By *astcoast2000Man
over a year ago

Newcastle County Down

Been in bed since boxing day with the flu bloody awful

By *.L.0460. OP   Woman
over a year ago

Bognor Regis

"Been in bed since boxing day with the flu bloody awful"

That's rough I hope you start to feel better soon