Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

fucking hell!!

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

clutch cable snapped on a busy roundabout in a town i barely know with traffic everywhere and its pissing it down with rain...

meh tits arse bollocks!!!

on the plus side the police officers who pushed me off the roundabout were lovely. stress levels are super high as i can now visualise my bank account reading £0.00 by the end of today

sadly wont be because of buying my daughter her birthday gifts

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"clutch cable snapped on a busy roundabout in a town i barely know with traffic everywhere and its pissing it down with rain...

meh tits arse bollocks!!!

on the plus side the police officers who pushed me off the roundabout were lovely. stress levels are super high as i can now visualise my bank account reading £0.00 by the end of today

sadly wont be because of buying my daughter her birthday gifts "

See if you can find a mobile mechanic they are normally cheaper than a garage and just as good. Apart from that have a great Christmas and worry about the car in the new year xxx

By *nfieldishCouple
over a year ago

Enfield

Oh dear....

over a year ago

id love to worry about the car in the new year but im about a 4 hour car journey away from home..

over a year ago

My clutch collapsed as I was approaching a busy roundabout on my way to work, and managed to limp into a quiet road just outside work before stopping safely without causing any harm to myself, other road users or the car.

I thanked my maker and those who were looking out for me in spirit for looking after me.

Your daughter would be grateful that you are alive and well to spend time with her, with or without presents.

By *ackandkateCouple
over a year ago

Truro

We had a phone call from our son this morning telling me his car had broken down on his drive, which is sloping towards his house. His car is blocking his patners car and is too heavy for him to push it up the drive. He tried to open the bonnet and the cable on the bonnet catch snapped.

So it was Dad to the rescue with tow rope to pull his car off the drive so that he could use his partners car.

Had a 45mile round trip to do it though.

over a year ago

"We had a phone call from our son this morning telling me his car had broken down on his drive, which is sloping towards his house. His car is blocking his patners car and is too heavy for him to push it up the drive. He tried to open the bonnet and the cable on the bonnet catch snapped.

So it was Dad to the rescue with tow rope to pull his car off the drive so that he could use his partners car.

Had a 45mile round trip to do it though. "

Top man

over a year ago

i am glad im now in a safe location.. guess its just an unfortunate time to have an expense to pay out. no idea how much it will cost either.

over a year ago

If its just the cable it shouldn't cost too much.

By *ackandkateCouple
over a year ago

Truro

Clutch cable shouldn't be no more than an hour. The AA or RAC used do repairs like that at the roadside. If you've got to be towed to a garage it's going to add to the bill.

over a year ago

If you can, ring round for parts prices...can save you a fair bit. My sister just paid around £30 for clutch cables when the garage were trying to charge her nearly £50 because of where they buy them from.

over a year ago

Good luck, however, I suspect it will not be cheap.

over a year ago

If you aren't a member of the AA/RAC/Green Flag ring them and say you want to join but you need someone to come out and fix your clutch. At least you'll get a year's worth of motor cover out of it.

over a year ago

im with the aa was told 2 hour wait.

By * pool 1Couple
over a year ago

Liverpool

Mobile mechanic will be best for you ask for a price to supply and fit, where abouts are you ? maybe a member knows somebody to send to your rescue.

By *ackandkateCouple
over a year ago

Truro

"im with the aa was told 2 hour wait. "

If they can get a spare, they'll fix it when they come. If they can't fix it they'll tow you to where you're staying or to a garage who will fix it when they are next open.

If you tell them you are stranded hundreds of miles from home, they'll do their best to fix it for you.

over a year ago

oh sweetheart im sorry this has happened.

i stay off the motorbikes on the last day before christmas as in the last 3 years ive had accidents.

its like a jinx christmas xxxx

hope it gets sorted for you xxx

over a year ago

in the warmth.. aa didnt come out was a tow truck who took me straight to a garage.

so now instead of just paying for the actual part ive got to pay labour charges from the garage. yes im whinging over petty things but im cold and miffed lol

over a year ago

at least your not stuck in the middle of nowhere.

hope it all gets sorted xx

over a year ago

What a c@£t!

By *teborahCouple
over a year ago

warrington

You can drive a car without a clutch cable in an emergency. starting of is a bit of a pain. drove all the way from Scotland once without one.

over a year ago

Cute did the AA send the garage to you ?

over a year ago

"Cute did the AA send the garage to you ? "

AA sent a recovery vehicle from Northampton to me (im currently in Rugby) The guy just looked under the bonnet and asked which garage i wanted to be taken too. Luckily my mum is a driver and knew a good local garage so i gave that garage. Been quoted £100 to fix it.

By *teborahCouple
over a year ago

warrington

"Cute did the AA send the garage to you ?

AA sent a recovery vehicle from Northampton to me (im currently in Rugby) The guy just looked under the bonnet and asked which garage i wanted to be taken too. Luckily my mum is a driver and knew a good local garage so i gave that garage. Been quoted £100 to fix it. "

What car do you have?

over a year ago

AA sent a recovery vehicle from Northampton to me (im currently in Rugby) The guy just looked under the bonnet and asked which garage i wanted to be taken too. Luckily my mum is a driver and knew a good local garage so i gave that garage. Been quoted £100 to fix it. "

not too bad then, good luck xx

over a year ago

That's not to bad cute , most garages your looking at 50 to 70 just for labour, hope you get sorted

over a year ago

still its in the garage, no accident happened, am now defrosted and its xmas soon

life could be worse. merry xmas everyone

over a year ago

"still its in the garage, no accident happened, am now defrosted and its xmas soon

life could be worse. merry xmas everyone "

Merry Christmas cute keep smiling, have a good drink when you get home

Post new Message to Thread