Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

World cup qualifyer

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Rep of Ireland v France

The Irish players were furious that Swedish referee Martin Hansson had not spotted Thierry Henry's handball before he delivered the decisive 104th-minute cross to Gallas on Wednesday night. The question is who thinks Ireland should be entitled to a re-match? No Bitching please!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Rep of Ireland v France

The Irish players were furious that Swedish referee Martin Hansson had not spotted Thierry Henry's handball before he delivered the decisive 104th-minute cross to Gallas on Wednesday night. The question is who thinks Ireland should be entitled to a re-match? No Bitching please!"

Yes but wont ever happen regardless to the fact that it was clearly handball and he admitted it after the game!

over a year ago

Yes it should be replayed in the interest of fairness x

over a year ago

wont be replayed thats for sure.the game is full of cheats these days and not just the players

over a year ago

"Rep of Ireland v France

The Irish players were furious that Swedish referee Martin Hansson had not spotted Thierry Henry's handball before he delivered the decisive 104th-minute cross to Gallas on Wednesday night. The question is who thinks Ireland should be entitled to a re-match? No Bitching please!

Yes but wont ever happen regardless to the fact that it was clearly handball and he admitted it after the game!"

Yes i saw him admit it. so on those grounds i think we should be entitled to a re-match but like other posters have said i cant see it happen either

By *harpDressed ManMan
over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

Sport isn't meant to be fair!

FIFA can't allow a replay - setting that precedent would lead to fixture chaos

over a year ago

"Sport isn't meant to be fair!

FIFA can't allow a replay - setting that precedent would lead to fixture chaos"

Can't or Won't? lol....

over a year ago

Perhaps banning Henry from playing in the World Cup might send a message but I doubt it.

Cleaning footy up would be a complete piece of piss but the top brass are simply not interested

over a year ago

"Sport isn't meant to be fair!

FIFA can't allow a replay - setting that precedent would lead to fixture chaos"

a player has cheated and worse still he has admitted it on tv but does he care does he feck hes knows he wont be punished and on his 100k+ wages per wk he can go home thinking about how much more money he can coin out the idiots that pay these players ludicrus sums of money

over a year ago

He should be banned from the world cup, and thats the best you can hope for. It opens up too many problems for the future if its replayed. Where do you draw the line as to which games should be replayed when something is later spotted on TV?

I'm willing to guess there where quite a few people in Ireland that thought Maradona's goal against England was funny at the time

over a year ago

"He should be banned from the world cup, and thats the best you can hope for. It opens up too many problems for the future if its replayed. Where do you draw the line as to which games should be replayed when something is later spotted on TV?

I'm willing to guess there where quite a few people in Ireland that thought Maradona's goal against England was funny at the time "

Oh well bang goes the "no bitching please bit" lol....

over a year ago

Who's bitching?

The thing about football is that the rules are the same from Sunday league all the way to the world cup final.

As much as using video evidence is tempting, it would draw a line between levels of football. Besides, it works both ways. I bet there's been plenty of times when Ireland have benefitted from the ref not seeing something that the camera's did. Same as it does for England, Liverpool and Grimsby Town.

By *erekduvallCouple
over a year ago

swansea

Joe Jordan , Scotland v Wales 1977/78

Post new Message to Thread