Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

human beings.an all time low.

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

often we debate on the forum shocking news stories and things we find a disgrace.

with it being the season of good will etc etc i have been shocked and also saddened by the level of scum we have today in this country.

im talking about the robbing thieving scum who stole toys from great ormond street hospital which the trust bought for the sick children.

when you think some of these kids are fighting every second for life and the staff hold them to their hearts that somewhere someone can just steal from the weakest beings on this earth.

what sort of person thinks it is right to take away joy and pleasure from kids who may not live another month or see christmas again.

it made me feel disgusted,angry and ashamed to think out of all the good things this country has done this year to promote itself that this sort of thing could happen.

hanging isnt good enough for people who do this.

i will be going to the hospital and leaving some toys for the kids because it is the only thing i can do.

but i hope anyone who knows who has done this turns them in regardless of relation.

and the courts hammer them.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"i will be going to the hospital and leaving some toys for the kids because it is the only thing i can do."

Proof that not all human beings are scum, just a small minority of them.

For every toy taken by these assholes they'll receive 100 replacements from people such as yourself who are moved to action. {where's the applaud icon when you need it}

over a year ago

The point is it should never happen in the first place. But them havn't the standards in this country been lowered to a very pathetic level in the last two decades, England is now the dustbin of the planet and the Great is no longer part of Britian. What will be allowed to happen next to True English people?

over a year ago

Scum have no morals, they'll rob from anyone including their own families.

Lets hope they never have kids that get very poorly and require treatment from great ormond or anywhere else, and whilst there kids are treated, some scum doesn't rob the hospital, bet they'd be first shouting the wrongs, regardless of doing it themselves now

over a year ago

The Celtic football team are going to replace all the toys

over a year ago

"The Celtic football team are going to replace all the toys "

and ive read your status lady.

im sorry for your loss xx

over a year ago

So sorry for your loss x

over a year ago

Lets hope they catch the scum who have done this, but they will probably just a slap on the wrist.

over a year ago

An example needs to be set to stop this behaviour but will only happen if they are English, immigrants etc are a special case

over a year ago

"Lets hope they catch the scum who have done this, but they will probably just a slap on the wrist.

"

The people who stole the toys have inadvertently done more for those kids than they would have if they'd left the toys alone because the stolen toys will be replaced by dozens more.

over a year ago

"Lets hope they catch the scum who have done this, but they will probably just a slap on the wrist.

The people who stole the toys have inadvertently done more for those kids than they would have if they'd left the toys alone because the stolen toys will be replaced by dozens more."

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"An example needs to be set to stop this behaviour but will only happen if they are English, immigrants etc are a special case"

What are you trying to.say in both your posts on this thread? Do you imagine that Great Ormond Street Hospital is just for "True English" a phrase you used in your first reply?

I was saddened to hear of this happening and good on all the people who've responded by taking positive action. Karma will sort everyone involved in this.

over a year ago

I heard on the news that Alan Sugar was too but they had all been replaced by a hospital benefactor

Sorry for your loss too, hugs and kisses xx

By *ust_for_laughsCouple
over a year ago

Hinckley

"An example needs to be set to stop this behaviour but will only happen if they are English, immigrants etc are a special case"

Define 'True English'...is that the English descended from the Scots, Welsh, Irish, Romans or Vikings ?

By *U1966Man
over a year ago

Devon

Should get a long drop on a short rope

over a year ago

???

My family are basically immigrants and they never received and special treatment.

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"An example needs to be set to stop this behaviour but will only happen if they are English, immigrants etc are a special case

Define 'True English'...is that the English descended from the Scots, Welsh, Irish, Romans or Vikings ?

"

Don't forget the French, German, and Dutch. Saxons came from Saxony after all.

over a year ago

The people who stole the toys have inadvertently done more for those kids than they would have if they'd left the toys alone because the stolen toys will be replaced by dozens more.

"

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Sometimes i really cant get my head around this.

I still believe there are more good people in the world which will be proven by the fact these toys will be replaced 10 fold

By *ust_for_laughsCouple
over a year ago

Hinckley

"An example needs to be set to stop this behaviour but will only happen if they are English, immigrants etc are a special case

Don't forget the French, German, and Dutch. Saxons came from Saxony after all."

You're right...I'm tired and hungover

I think he/she has established their political affiliations though !

over a year ago

Before the time of the Emperor Constantine in the Roman Empire, they used to brand thieves and robbers on the forehead with the letter F which indicated to people the crimes they have committed in the past. Dont think it would stop the scum stealing but it certainly would let people know to keep an eye on them

By *ust_for_laughsCouple
over a year ago

Hinckley

???

My family are basically immigrants and they never received and special treatment."

It'd be interesting to hear who the 'etc' are !

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"The point is it should never happen in the first place. But them havn't the standards in this country been lowered to a very pathetic level in the last two decades, England is now the dustbin of the planet and the Great is no longer part of Britian. What will be allowed to happen next to True English people?"

Would you care to explain this ill thought out example of lazy thinking? By the way it's spelled Britain.

over a year ago

???

My family are basically immigrants and they never received and special treatment.

It'd be interesting to hear who the 'etc' are !

"

Not sure I want to know!...lol

over a year ago

I love it when the right wing bang on about their true English heritage like they are some mythical warrior tribe righting all wrongs.

I just like to remind them that being English means that at some point in history a female relative was probably fucked by either a Frenchman, Scotsman, Welshman, Scandinavian, Italian or American. I've possibly missed a few out there.

Sorry to hear that the toys got nicked, but by the sounds of it good will triumph over evil in a massive publicity stunt.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

"The point is it should never happen in the first place. But them havn't the standards in this country been lowered to a very pathetic level in the last two decades, England is now the dustbin of the planet and the Great is no longer part of Britian. What will be allowed to happen next to True English people?"

You have proof it was immigrants that did this then? Surely you should phone the police and tell them?

Sounds like you don't like this country anymore...boats and planes go both ways you know, maybe hop on one and fund a country you do like. I still think this country is Great!

over a year ago

Back on topic ....

It's truly sad that some people see others suffering as an opportunity

The meaning of Christmas is lost in this era,and there sadly is little "Goodwill to All Men".

What is heartwaring is those who selflessly give their time, and whatever they can, to support anyone at a difficult time in their lives.

XXXX

over a year ago

"My family are basically immigrants and they never received and special treatment."

Sadly some of us are born and bred in this country and special treatment ? we can't even get the basics all the benefits etc are going to those who have never contributed and how many more houses need to be built not for natives as I understand it. At least leave the kids toys alone.

etc = asylum seekers, the wars are over send them back.

over a year ago

evesham

""My family are basically immigrants and they never received and special treatment."

Sadly some of us are born and bred in this country and special treatment ? we can't even get the basics all the benefits etc are going to those who have never contributed and how many more houses need to be built not for natives as I understand it. At least leave the kids toys alone.

etc = asylum seekers, the wars are over send them back."

How do you know it wasn't a 'true English' person that stole the toys?

over a year ago

"How do you know it wasn't a 'true English' person that stole the toys?"

Being a minority group might make it hard to catch them.Especially in London according to the last census

This theft of toys for children is not new and the question is if toys can be stolen from a hospital where were security?

over a year ago

""My family are basically immigrants and they never received and special treatment."

I was born and bred in this country, as was my father. My grandparents couldn't go back to Poland after the war because my grandfather fought in the Polish war of independence and would have been killed by Stalin.

My grandparents worked on farms and helped rebuild this country after the war. Not all immigrants deserve to be tarred with the same brush. Quite often the people of this country owe them a bit of gratitude.

By *ust_for_laughsCouple
over a year ago

Hinckley

Wow, a level of ignorance I'd hitherto thought impossible, even on here, with a side order of self-pity to go with it.

over a year ago

evesham

""How do you know it wasn't a 'true English' person that stole the toys?"

Being a minority group might make it hard to catch them.Especially in London according to the last census

This theft of toys for children is not new and the question is if toys can be stolen from a hospital where were security?"

That doesn't answer my question though. Your (potentially offensive) posts all point the finger of blame at immigrants, you have no proof of this! You can't go around making accusations and sweeping generalisations at whole sections of the community!

For the most part all of the foreign nationals I have met have been gainfully employed and often working mote hours than their British counter parts. In fact I watched a programme where British nationals were turning down paid work because they saw it as beneath them!

over a year ago

Wow, a level of ignorance I'd hitherto thought impossible, even on here, with a side order of self-pity to go with it.

"

I bet they're a hit at clan meetings!

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

"

Nothing surprises me on these forums any more, that's why I seldom post. There's only so much ignorance and racism one can stomach.

It also amazes me that the "true English" can't even master their own master tongue - pathetic!

By *ust_for_laughsCouple
over a year ago

Hinckley

I bet they're a hit at clan meetings!"

They've just put me in a bad mood and it's my bloody birthday too !

Don't the BNP have a Swinging wing ?

over a year ago

Its very sad that people could do something like this.

But they are a tiny minority

They will know what they have done and they will see the disgust they have caused.

As for closet racism been spouted tutut

Imigrants are humans just like people born here.If someone needs help I don't give a hoot what country they are from

Hanging for thieving?

Its 2012 if that's the kind of justice you enjoy I'm sure there are other countries you can live in,but then again you would probably have views on the people who live there.

over a year ago

Sadly some of us are born and bred in this country and special treatment ? we can't even get the basics all the benefits etc are going to those who have never contributed and how many more houses need to be built not for natives as I understand it. At least leave the kids toys alone.o

Don't the BNP have a Swinging wing ?"

Don't let it get to you, they're not worth it. Enjoy your day and happy birthday from me.

Have you got that guitar sorted yet?

over a year ago

The cctv footage from hospital must show who has stooped to this level.

It's only fair to put he footage on the net and in the media so they can be bought to justice.

over a year ago

"The cctv footage from hospital must show who has stooped to this level.

It's only fair to put he footage on the net and in the media so they can be bought to justice."

They won't do that as it leads to vigilante style attacks.

We all know the types who approve that are no the sharpest knifes in the drawer.

Remember the paedotrician who got lynched

By *histler21Man
over a year ago

Ipswich

"often we debate on the forum shocking news stories and things we find a disgrace.

with it being the season of good will etc etc i have been shocked and also saddened by the level of scum we have today in this country.

im talking about the robbing thieving scum who stole toys from great ormond street hospital which the trust bought for the sick children.

when you think some of these kids are fighting every second for life and the staff hold them to their hearts that somewhere someone can just steal from the weakest beings on this earth.

what sort of person thinks it is right to take away joy and pleasure from kids who may not live another month or see christmas again.

it made me feel disgusted,angry and ashamed to think out of all the good things this country has done this year to promote itself that this sort of thing could happen.

hanging isnt good enough for people who do this.

i will be going to the hospital and leaving some toys for the kids because it is the only thing i can do.

but i hope anyone who knows who has done this turns them in regardless of relation.

and the courts hammer them."

Until the person or persons who did this are caught/own up - we will never know whether their circumstances meant that they felt they had no choice but to do this for their children.

By *ust_for_laughsCouple
over a year ago

Hinckley

Sadly some of us are born and bred in this country and special treatment ? we can't even get the basics all the benefits etc are going to those who have never contributed and how many more houses need to be built not for natives as I understand it. At least leave the kids toys alone.o

Don't the BNP have a Swinging wing ?

Don't let it get to you, they're not worth it. Enjoy your day and happy birthday from me.

Have you got that guitar sorted yet?"

Nah, it's sitting in the corner tuned to an open tuning that's probably bending the neck as we speak

over a year ago

The "great" in Britain was a name given to this country as a island after Britannia by the Romans it has nothing to do with the people or the country we have now, we have always been a melting pot of cultures and immigration that is the best part of this country in my opinion( yes I can trace my family back to the 1300 in Sussex but even then I have polish and Canadian ancestors so does that make me a immigrant at some point?)

over a year ago

And I ( Miss Giggles ) was born in Germany does that make me a immigrant too?

over a year ago

How the f*ck does a post about a childrens hospital turn into a political rant about immigration?

Put your soap.boxes away and do something useful ffs!

By *ust_for_laughsCouple
over a year ago

Hinckley

"Yeah there is actually a right wingers swinging club. Check out horseydave on here. He's an EDL member opening a club in Norwich, hates immigrants and trannys especially. As well as single men and riff raff.

I'm sure that clan couple above would go down a storm. "

At least the Westboro Baptist Church will have something to do in their spare time off they ever get let in the country !

over a year ago

evesham

"How the f*ck does a post about a childrens hospital turn into a political rant about immigration?

Put your soap.boxes away and do something useful ffs!"

They started it

over a year ago

Also happened at a hospital in the midlands too, University Hospital of North Staffordshire with presents Stoke City players had donated.

And I didn't know the Daily Mail had a profile on here?!

By *ust_for_laughsCouple
over a year ago

Hinckley

"How the f*ck does a post about a childrens hospital turn into a political rant about immigration?

Put your soap.boxes away and do something useful ffs!

They started it "

PMSL...the default '14 year old' argument. Never fails

over a year ago

Yeah to be fair AD, it kind of looks like the kiddies are going to do rather better out of this now so no great harm done. And the fascists did make a staggeringly stupid couple of posts.

Forum Mod

over a year ago

Put your soap.boxes away and do something useful ffs!"

I doubt that any child in that hospital on christmas day will not be made to feel extra special from all the efforts that everyone makes for them to make it as magical as they can

By *obletonMan
over a year ago

A Home Among The Woodland Creatures

Ah the old 'harking back to a golden age' fallacy - that one never gets old, especially when its jumbled up with some hoary old nonsense about the 'true English'

The fact is that this country is more law abiding that its ever been - in just the last 10 years crime has dropped by nearly 30%

over a year ago

"Until the person or persons who did this are caught/own up - we will never know whether their circumstances meant that they felt they had no choice but to do this for their children."

It's sentiment like that that we see in our courtrooms from liberal minded judges who think a criminal is not a bad chap really. The circumstances don't come into it - they stole gifts meant for seriously ill children and I'm sure that even if they did it for their own children those kids wouldn't want the gifts if they knew where they'd been stolen from.

By *bbandflowCouple
over a year ago

South Devon

"The point is it should never happen in the first place. But them havn't the standards in this country been lowered to a very pathetic level in the last two decades, England is now the dustbin of the planet and the Great is no longer part of Britian. What will be allowed to happen next to True English people?

Ah the old 'harking back to a golden age' fallacy - that one never gets old, especially when its jumbled up with some hoary old nonsense about the 'true English'

The fact is that this country is more law abiding that its ever been - in just the last 10 years crime has dropped by nearly 30%

"

By *uckoldandWifeCouple
over a year ago

Manchester

So are all sick children poor children? Can't understand why hospitals are buying children Xmas presents, surely their parents and family could do that?

Being very cynical can't help but think this story is contrived by a very clever marketing team to draw attention to a great cause during Xmas time. It's probably not but its great timing and everyone will come out of it better off.

Saddest part about this thread is how the story of sick children having gifts stolen is hijacked by the OPs own personal misguided hatred of others.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

So are all sick children poor children? Can't understand why hospitals are buying children Xmas presents, surely their parents and family could do that?

So you dont think sick children who are in hospital over christmas maybe only have months to live and wont see another christmas, shouldnt be made to be extra special? In my opinion they should get everything their little hearts desire.

By *uckoldandWifeCouple
over a year ago

Manchester

Not questioning what sick children should get, just asking why the parents or families can't buy the toys? Just asking. Before you go on, we are the family of a child that has died from a terminal illness.

over a year ago

Usually they're gifts donated by the public and additional to what the children's families have bought.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

"Not questioning what sick children should get, just asking why the parents or families can't buy the toys? Just asking. Before you go on, we are the family of a child that has died from a terminal illness."

Im assuming the parents do buy the presents and these are extras.

My son used to attend a young carers group, he had all his normal stuff and what they gave them had been donated from local businesses. They where extra and not instead off

over a year ago

"Not questioning what sick children should get, just asking why the parents or families can't buy the toys? Just asking. Before you go on, we are the family of a child that has died from a terminal illness."

GOSH get regular donations of toys all year round, from a variety of sources including grateful parents, which are distributed around the children. The reason this particular theft has hit the media is because it was of toys specifically bought out of the fund for the children in ICU - not of toys donated.

Just hope they have enough CCTV footage available to catch the little shit(s) who took it.

GOSH have been deluged with companies etc offering to replace everything which has been taken in the last 48hrs.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

Tell you what, it is amazing how much people donate. The carers group used to ring me up and ask what he wanted to the value of £30 as a large present.

Not only did he come home with that but tons of other things, footballs, games, action figures and stuff that was left over from girls for me like makeup and smellies. People really are generous

By *uckoldandWifeCouple
over a year ago

Manchester

Thanks Hog, that's good to read

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

in my formative days I use to be a GOSH volunteer.. so I helped out and have met so many people who use to visit the children there... a lot of them under "cloak and dagger" no pap or media following just saying hello to kids..

GOSH is one of those hospitals that takes kids from all over the country and all over the world.... it is world renowed for what they do, thats why the bit that danny boyle did in the olympics came across so well

so as a one time volunteer as the great institution.. so hijacking what happened to put across your point on another topic...

shoehorning a completly seperate topic and doing it in a way "oh but the kids...." is disengenious at best.....

By *uckoldandWifeCouple
over a year ago

Manchester

Apologies to the OP it was not his post which hijacked the story for other means it was another's

over a year ago

"Thanks Hog, that's good to read "
The 'Mother of my children' used to work with GOSH in the 80's. You would be truly AMAZED at what goes in through the delivery door there, in terms of toys and all sorts of stuff for the kids.

Give you one example: The child of a Saudi prince was successfully treated for leukemia there in the mid-80's. His way of saying 'Thanks' was to send TWO 40ft articulated trailers to Harrods, have them fill them with almost the entire toy dept and send them to GOSH... and he is far from the only one who has done that...

So if one or two little 'oyiks' think they are going to ruin some very sick kid's Christmas, they are very much mistaken....

over a year ago

""How do you know it wasn't a 'true English' person that stole the toys?"

This theft of toys for children is not new and the question is if toys can be stolen from a hospital where were security?"

Security was probably either on patrol somewhere within G.O.S.H. or at reception monitoring the people in there. The hospital is a huge place and takes a long time to patrol. I know what they would be doing as the security company I worked for had the security contract there and I used to pay the security team out of hours visits. Regarding the theft of the presents, they were taken from a store room that's not in a public area. That room could have been one of many anywhere in the hospital.

Such a theft is despicable at any time of year. As others have said here, the presents will be replaced ten-fold by well wishers. Still doesn't alter the fact that someone has stolen someone's well intentioned Christmas presents for sick and in some cases terminally ill children. Shame on them.

By *ig jugsWoman
over a year ago

somewhere

Just think a positive has come from a negative,The hospital will now have thousands and thousands of exta donations and maybe once they have given all the sick kids, then all the rest the can pass them onto charities for deprived children who wont get any presents

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

you are so wrong on many points..

what a sad thing to do to try and hijack the thread with your twisted views..

over a year ago

I'm getting on now and I've been many country's and seen many things, but there's always one thing that stands out where ever I've been ......

THE GOOD ALWAYS OUT NUMBERED THE BAD , by quiet a big majority !

over a year ago

of course it is only natural for people to wave fists with the bearing of gnashing of teeth at news stories like this one.

anyone with a sense of what is just and right would like to get their hands on the ones responsible and hand out justice.

but ultimately that makes us just as bad and where does it stop?

it is good so many in these difficult and very hard times can help and do.

i have to say though i am slightly disapointed the thread turned into a political and heated debate about race and immigration etc.

of course everyone has a right to reply and contribute to it but these other issues can only be addressed at the ballot box.

thats where you can make your views clear and have the biggest impact.

but thanks everyone for an interesting debate.

Post new Message to Thread