Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

random act of kindness

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

When i was in primary school, one of the children in my year had severe learning difficulties. It's over thirty years since ive seen her and yesterday i bumped into her and her carer. She took one look at me smiled and said my name. You could have hit me over with a feather. found it really sad and moving, my life is so full and exciting and there was this little girl in a grown ups body almost forgoten about. Her carer told me her parents have passed away and she lives in a carehome. I'm going shopping on the weekend and im going to buy her a christmas pressy (prolly a teddy bear) and a card. I hope it makes her christmas.

Anyone else going to do an act of kindness for christmas?

DS x

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

"When i was in primary school, one of the children in my year had severe learning difficulties. It's over thirty years since ive seen her and yesterday i bumped into her and her carer. She took one look at me smiled and said my name. You could have hit me over with a feather. found it really sad and moving, my life is so full and exciting and there was this little girl in a grown ups body almost forgoten about. Her carer told me her parents have passed away and she lives in a carehome. I'm going shopping on the weekend and im going to buy her a christmas pressy (prolly a teddy bear) and a card. I hope it makes her christmas.

DS x "

Yes, ive adopted a lonely old man. He is coming for the whole day christmas day and new years day afternoon. He also comes for a cup of tea on a tuesday afternoon (Im just waiting for him)

Makes me feel so humble how appreciative he is

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

"When i was in primary school, one of the children in my year had severe learning difficulties. It's over thirty years since ive seen her and yesterday i bumped into her and her carer. She took one look at me smiled and said my name. You could have hit me over with a feather. found it really sad and moving, my life is so full and exciting and there was this little girl in a grown ups body almost forgoten about. Her carer told me her parents have passed away and she lives in a carehome. I'm going shopping on the weekend and im going to buy her a christmas pressy (prolly a teddy bear) and a card. I hope it makes her christmas.

DS x "

that is very nice, I hope you both have a lovely Christmas

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

I have recently started volunteering for a charity and find it very rewarding knowing people have somewhere they can turn to at times of need

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple
over a year ago

Bolton

Yes we often do random acts of kindness its sooo good for your soul.

By *empting Devil.Woman
over a year ago

Sheffield

I hope you will consider making her year and visiting her/taking her out regularly - a couple of hours once a month will give a lot of joy.

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

I do random acts of kindness all year round.

By *uro anchorMan
over a year ago

Coventry

help feed the homeless on xmas day..

not much but gets me out the house..

Post new Message to Thread