Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

introductions

Jump to newest

By *asygoing65321 OP   Man
over a year ago

Derby

I see lots of people who say that they don’t like one line messages and that they want to see more effort put in. So to help someone who genuinely struggles with this, what would you put in an introduction?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Personally I wouldn't bother trying to please those who are so demanding. If I like the look of someone I'll respond as long as they are literate. Just my opinion though and I'm not a guy desperate to please.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I'd agree with the above.

If I introduce myself to someone in a social situation I usually say who I am, ask how they are and let the other person respond then take it from there.

By *aimeDWoman
over a year ago

Shaftesbury, Dorset

As someone who does struggle a bit myself socially, the only thing I’d say is to always try giving the other person something to actually respond to such as asking a question , maybe about their profile or something more general. It’s makes it so much easier to get a conversation going.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Just go for it. Say hello, be yourself and if they respond they’re your type of person you’d like to get along with.

By *ack688Man
over a year ago

abruzzo Italy (and UK)

I would say to say things that show you have read their profile, maybe ask about something they have mentioned, just be chatty and not too serious, a few lines at least, maybe mention something they could reply about. But then most of my messages I send don’t get replies so clearly I’m doing it all wrong and this is fucking awful advice and should be utterly ignored! Have a nice day.

Post new Message to Thread