Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Worst ever England manager??

Jump to newest

By *ools and the brain OP   Couple
over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

I'll be honest I'm not a huge football fan.

However the world cup has always been a bit special.

Driving today I pondered who has been the worst manager in recent times?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Big Sam, no question

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

Steve McClaren

over a year ago

Mike Bassett was awesome

By *immyGGMan
over a year ago

South Cheshire

"Big Sam, no question "

Technically he was the best, 100% win rate

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

"Mike Bassett was awesome "

The spin off telly series was surprisingly good

By *os19Man
over a year ago

Edmonton

"Big Sam, no question "
. I don’t think it can be Big Sam one game one win 100% win record.No the worst in my opinion Steve McClaren

over a year ago

Turnip and mcdutch

over a year ago

"Mike Bassett was awesome

The spin off telly series was surprisingly good "

Didn’t know there was a spin off tv series ooo may have to go dig that up on the black market and watch it thanks x

By *KG12Couple
over a year ago

Burnley

Eriksson from me, how he couldn't mould a winning team with that talent is beyond me

over a year ago

Oh and keegan im certain a tube of geemaline would have had a more possitive effect om the team

over a year ago

"Big Sam, no question . I don’t think it can be Big Sam one game one win 100% win record.No the worst in my opinion Steve McClaren "

I guess because he had a reasonable chance of being relatively successful on the pitch and was dozy enough to fall for a ted top. Being England manager is more than just your results record

over a year ago

"Big Sam, no question . I don’t think it can be Big Sam one game one win 100% win record.No the worst in my opinion Steve McClaren

I guess because he had a reasonable chance of being relatively successful on the pitch and was dozy enough to fall for a ted top. Being England manager is more than just your results record "

Red top (newspaper)

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

"Eriksson from me, how he couldn't mould a winning team with that talent is beyond me "

I was thinking him but then thought he didn't have much authority because the players were club over country and also, there were some monster teams back then if you look at the squads of Brazil, Italy, France, Portugal etc.

By *izzy RascallMan
over a year ago

Cardiff

"Eriksson from me, how he couldn't mould a winning team with that talent is beyond me "

One trophy in all that time, with all that talent, all that investment.

It goes on way before and years since Sven had his turn. Same for The Euros.

So it's every two years.

By *KG12Couple
over a year ago

Burnley

"Eriksson from me, how he couldn't mould a winning team with that talent is beyond me

I was thinking him but then thought he didn't have much authority because the players were club over country and also, there were some monster teams back then if you look at the squads of Brazil, Italy, France, Portugal etc."

That's true about the quality of other teams, but that squad we had was unbelievable.

I remember an interview rio, lamps and Gérard did and it was a split dressing room under eriksson and capello.

By *KG12Couple
over a year ago

Burnley

"Eriksson from me, how he couldn't mould a winning team with that talent is beyond me

So it's every two years."

It does, but the squad seen had and capella, for me are the best squads since 1990

By *KG12Couple
over a year ago

Burnley

So it's every two years.

It does, but the squad seen had and capella, for me are the best squads since 1990"

Sven *

By *ou only live onceMan
over a year ago

London

Graham Taylor, surely?

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

Alf Ramsey.

Ruined the International team for nearly 60 years to date.

By *tephanjMan
over a year ago

Kettering

S G.E. was by far the biggest waste of time

By *ulldog_71Man
over a year ago

Sedgefield

Ron Greenwood

over a year ago

Ted lasso

By *izzy RascallMan
over a year ago

Cardiff

So it's every two years.

It does, but the squad seen had and capella, for me are the best squads since 1990

Sven *"

I think England have a fantastic squad everytime.

Maybe England would of won it if it wasn't for a cheating Maradona, Beckham and Rooneys petulance, the odd penalty kicking landing in row Z.

Not much any manager can do about those years.

It's that 'coming home' song. It's cursed

By *dam_TinaCouple
over a year ago

Hampshire

Woy Hodgson by a million miles

By *ot-AshMan
over a year ago

London

My vote is for Roy Hodgson...Still can't forget that we lost to Iceland at Euro 2016!

By *lueeyes3082Man
over a year ago

nr kettering

Graham Taylor Turnip

By *enriette and SamCouple
over a year ago

The Magic whip

Eddie Jones.

Fact.

I don’t know about football but this thread title was too much to resist.

By *elvet RopeMan
over a year ago

by the big field

Liz Truss

Never has someone fucked England so much in such a short amount of time

By *awpleasureMan
over a year ago

Sutton Coldfield

"Big Sam, no question "

The man who won his only game in charge

I'd say the wally with the brolly was far worse. Keegan was also shite!

But the worst in my lifetime is Ron Greenwood.

over a year ago

"Liz Truss

Never has someone fucked England so much in such a short amount of time "

Good point, my first thought was Neville Chamberlain..

By *RANDMRSJAECouple
over a year ago

chester

"My vote is for Roy Hodgson...Still can't forget that we lost to Iceland at Euro 2016!"

Another vote for RH here

By *ack688Man
over a year ago

abruzzo Italy (and UK)

Boris Johnson. I’m presuming you meant the whole country and not just a dozen or so of it’s people.

By *arlomaleMan
over a year ago

darlington

I felt sorry for Graham Taylor he came across as a decent bloke in the documentary he called an England fan out in the stand for abusing John barnes also the Holland game was a big disappointment koeman should not of been on the pitch to score that goal and to be fair that England team hardly world beaters with the likes of Carlton palmer and the lifestyle of certain players at the time drink/ drugs gazza wasn’t the same player he was in 1990 injured and fat

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

"My vote is for Roy Hodgson...Still can't forget that we lost to Iceland at Euro 2016!"

At least he actually qualified!

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

"Eddie Jones.

Fact.

I don’t know about football but this thread title was too much to resist."

Granted, I know next to nothing about rugby but didn't his tenure start quite well?

over a year ago

For entertainment value Southgate

By *awpleasureMan
over a year ago

Sutton Coldfield

"I felt sorry for Graham Taylor he came across as a decent bloke in the documentary he called an England fan out in the stand for abusing John barnes also the Holland game was a big disappointment koeman should not of been on the pitch to score that goal and to be fair that England team hardly world beaters with the likes of Carlton palmer and the lifestyle of certain players at the time drink/ drugs gazza wasn’t the same player he was in 1990 injured and fat "

Yes fully agree. Taylor was never the same again. Lineker was at the end. Wasn't that much talent around compared to ten years before or ten years later.

Greenwood in 82 was abysmal taking injured players like Keegan and Brooking and snubbing emerging talent like Gary Shaw and ignoring Frank Worthington who'd had a brilliant season.

By *arlomaleMan
over a year ago

darlington

"I felt sorry for Graham Taylor he came across as a decent bloke in the documentary he called an England fan out in the stand for abusing John barnes also the Holland game was a big disappointment koeman should not of been on the pitch to score that goal and to be fair that England team hardly world beaters with the likes of Carlton palmer and the lifestyle of certain players at the time drink/ drugs gazza wasn’t the same player he was in 1990 injured and fat

Yes fully agree. Taylor was never the same again. Lineker was at the end. Wasn't that much talent around compared to ten years before or ten years later.

Greenwood in 82 was abysmal taking injured players like Keegan and Brooking and snubbing emerging talent like Gary Shaw and ignoring Frank Worthington who'd had a brilliant season.

"

not forgetting how some managers treated our best player at the time Glenn hoddle he’d of got into any top side in the world

over a year ago

"Eddie Jones.

Fact.

I don’t know about football but this thread title was too much to resist."

Worse than Lancaster?

By *awpleasureMan
over a year ago

Sutton Coldfield

"I felt sorry for Graham Taylor he came across as a decent bloke in the documentary he called an England fan out in the stand for abusing John barnes also the Holland game was a big disappointment koeman should not of been on the pitch to score that goal and to be fair that England team hardly world beaters with the likes of Carlton palmer and the lifestyle of certain players at the time drink/ drugs gazza wasn’t the same player he was in 1990 injured and fat

not forgetting how some managers treated our best player at the time Glenn hoddle he’d of got into any top side in the world "

Underrated as a player and manager. He had the bottle to drop Gascoigne and take 18 year old Owen.

The squad in 82 still should've done better with Robson, Coppell and Francis starting. I cant remember Hoddle playing but at least he travelled unlike Worthington and Shaw

By *arlomaleMan
over a year ago

darlington

not forgetting how some managers treated our best player at the time Glenn hoddle he’d of got into any top side in the world

Underrated as a player and manager. He had the bottle to drop Gascoigne and take 18 year old Owen.

The squad in 82 still should've done better with Robson, Coppell and Francis starting. I cant remember Hoddle playing but at least he travelled unlike Worthington and Shaw"

for me I liked the way England played under hoddle but I’m pretty sure the players didn’t really get on with him something about he could do things with the ball the players couldn’t

Post new Message to Thread