Well just when you thought bmw had take the cake with them subscription

On cars you buy

Mercedes-Benz have just blown them out the water

Pay a subscription fee off £900 a year or your car will be slower

To unlock the full speed to now need to pay yearly for it

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

On their £100k EQS and £80k EQE models, all those who lease an A Class will be ok.

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

"Well just when you thought bmw had take the cake with them subscription

On cars you buy

To unlock the full speed to now need to pay yearly for it "

you can only drive at 70mph what difference does it make?

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"On their £100k EQS and £80k EQE models, all those who lease an A Class will be ok. "

Test runing on they bigger models then then will implement across the range ones it’s been accepted as the normal

But if your paying 100k and 80k you think it would come with all the bells and whistles not get fleeced for another 1k a year

By *agerMorganMan
over a year ago

Canvey Island

This is an odd one, and I certainly don’t agree with the business model.

But, you’re buying an EV and that has plenty poke, why would you pay to up the power and … get less range?

More for less scenario here.

BMW offer the M Driver option which is £2K, ups the speed but they send you on a drivers course first. Vastly better value for money, and doesn’t affect the range!

over a year ago

On cars you buy

To unlock the full speed to now need to pay yearly for it you can only drive at 70mph what difference does it make? "

The difference is being able to take over cars or not

It’s not a speed limiter is a acceleration limiter meaning

Instead off being able to 0-60 in 4 seconds it will take a week to do 60 mph

Well not really it’s that’s me being a bit exaggerating but it is a fair amount

By *lackshadow7Man
over a year ago

Toronto

They also stated they “currently” have no plans to introduce the subscription in the UK, so not something the vast majority of you will have to deal with anythime soon.

In any case, slow claps at late stage capitalism.

By *red333Man
over a year ago

Dorchester

On cars you buy

To unlock the full speed to now need to pay yearly for it you can only drive at 70mph what difference does it make?

Well not really it’s that’s me being a bit exaggerating but it is a fair amount "

Surely you can still overtake lol they wouldn't limit the speed that much that it would effect overtaking

over a year ago

"This is an odd one, and I certainly don’t agree with the business model.

But, you’re buying an EV and that has plenty poke, why would you pay to up the power and … get less range?

More for less scenario here.

BMW offer the M Driver option which is £2K, ups the speed but they send you on a drivers course first. Vastly better value for money, and doesn’t affect the range! "

The problem is one’s they implement it and it becomes the “normal “ they take it further

And others will start as well

Apple is a grate example off it

They removed the chargers form new iPhones

Now close to all phones don’t come with chargers in the box

Apple removed the headphone jack now all phones don’t come with a head phone jack

Same thing will start happening here

Tesler was the first to offer subscriptions on cars you buy

Bmw took it a step further

But fully loaded ever car and have things cut off or in less you pay the subscription fee

Now Mercedes is trying to limit the power off your car or in less you pay a subscription free

over a year ago

"They also stated they “currently” have no plans to introduce the subscription in the UK, so not something the vast majority of you will have to deal with anythime soon.

In any case, slow claps at late stage capitalism."

Test run to see how it’s recved and roll out across the bord 3 years later

over a year ago

On cars you buy

To unlock the full speed to now need to pay yearly for it you can only drive at 70mph what difference does it make?

Well not really it’s that’s me being a bit exaggerating but it is a fair amount Surely you can still overtake lol they wouldn't limit the speed that much that it would effect overtaking "

not in high power cars

But in cars with 90hp it be a killer

And ones one starts make money from it they all fallow suit

over a year ago

"On their £100k EQS and £80k EQE models, all those who lease an A Class will be ok.

Test runing on they bigger models then then will implement across the range ones it’s been accepted as the normal

But if your paying 100k and 80k you think it would come with all the bells and whistles not get fleeced for another 1k a year "

They are the people that can afford to pay it. I can't see it being applied to lower range models of by less "prestigious" marques.

I can kind of see the logic in electric cars, the instant power is frightening, some people will buy it just for that, others will not and having it restricted will suit them.

By *im75Her77Couple
over a year ago

937 S.W.

I believe a more worrisome problem is vehicles that are 3g generation having features and abilities disabled with the axing of 3G.

Next to come 4g and 5g antiquation.

Too much tech integration in vehicles which isn't needed.

By *otsossieMan
over a year ago

Chesterfield

It’s just a continuation of the existing pricing, except more visible.

There’s very little difference in terms of production costs and parts between the shopping hatch models in their existing ranges, they’re just priced by performance.

This way they save on manufacturing costs by making the different models literally the same and fitting a software switch for the power mode.

Most folk won’t need it or want the extra costs, but it’s there if they do.

By *otsossieMan
over a year ago

Chesterfield

Also there is a new rule sneaked in that all new cars need to be speed limited.

That’s going to take a lot out of it - what’s the point in having a sub-5s 0-60 when you’re going everywhere at 20-30mph anyway?

over a year ago

"On their £100k EQS and £80k EQE models, all those who lease an A Class will be ok.

But if your paying 100k and 80k you think it would come with all the bells and whistles not get fleeced for another 1k a year

They are the people that can afford to pay it. I can't see it being applied to lower range models of by less "prestigious" marques.

I can kind of see the logic in electric cars, the instant power is frightening, some people will buy it just for that, others will not and having it restricted will suit them. "

I can see it being applied to the lower range in 3-5 years time it’s how all teach works

Re branding and re package

over a year ago

"I believe a more worrisome problem is vehicles that are 3g generation having features and abilities disabled with the axing of 3G.

Next to come 4g and 5g antiquation.

Too much tech integration in vehicles which isn't needed. "

Now that is something interesting when they cut 3G off what going to happen to those cars are they all going to get called in for a replacement conctoin modgel or any they just going to be dead in the water

over a year ago

"It’s just a continuation of the existing pricing, except more visible.

There’s very little difference in terms of production costs and parts between the shopping hatch models in their existing ranges, they’re just priced by performance.

This way they save on manufacturing costs by making the different models literally the same and fitting a software switch for the power mode.

Most folk won’t need it or want the extra costs, but it’s there if they do. "

I am just not in favour off things you own not being acssble games compey have been doing it for years

Locking parts off games off and calling it dlc but when the files are deep dived they been sitting there from the games realse

over a year ago

"Also there is a new rule sneaked in that all new cars need to be speed limited.

That’s going to take a lot out of it - what’s the point in having a sub-5s 0-60 when you’re going everywhere at 20-30mph anyway?"

That’s a stupid rule as most accidents happen at low speeds rather than high speeds

By *rHotNottsMan
over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

I don’t them anyway, they always feel a little too feminine, like an hairdressers upgrade from an Audi TT. I’m saving up for a Maserati

By *otsossieMan
over a year ago

Chesterfield

"I’m saving up for a Maserati "

To buy it, or to continually repair it after purchase?

over a year ago

"I don’t them anyway, they always feel a little too feminine, like an hairdressers upgrade from an Audi TT. I’m saving up for a Maserati "

I don’t see a TT as a hair dresser’s car maybe the gen 1s

But onward they grate will sports cars pardon my French by they go like shit off a shuvle

Mind you they gr Yaris is king at the moment

By *akie32Man
over a year ago

winchester

"I’m saving up for a Maserati

To buy it, or to continually repair it after purchase?"

had one a few years ago, it never went wrong in the year i had it, would have been wallet busting if it had tho, also the only car i ever sold for more than i paid for it

over a year ago

Thing is that Mercedes and BMW know they can get away with it because of the main reason people buy their cars.

Won't affect me though, I wouldn't touch either with a barge pole.

over a year ago

"Thing is that Mercedes and BMW know they can get away with it because of the main reason people buy their cars.

Won't affect me though, I wouldn't touch either with a barge pole."

But it will catch on and others will fallow suit

By *iltsTSgirlTV/TS
over a year ago

chichester

this is going to be joy of all electric cars going forward and fully online controlled from manufactures .. I hope clients just give them the big finger and not buy the cars , vote with your wallet or have it removed by a 3rd party , there will be a huge market for people unlocking all this nonsesne

over a year ago

"this is going to be joy of all electric cars going forward and fully online controlled from manufactures .. I hope clients just give them the big finger and not buy the cars , vote with your wallet or have it removed by a 3rd party , there will be a huge market for people unlocking all this nonsesne "

I fully 100% think the same that it will be

And yes there will be a market to unlock the bs

As it seems to be only software

By *ornucopiaMan
over a year ago

Bexley

"Thing is that Mercedes and BMW know they can get away with it because of the main reason people buy their cars.

Won't affect me though, I wouldn't touch either with a barge pole."

Nor me. I only drive proper right hand drive vehicles, not European stuff, whatever the pedigree, which has been bodged for the British market.

Post new Message to Thread