Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

How carefully do you choose your pics?

Jump to newest

By *tarflyLou OP   Woman
over a year ago

Preston

This is a body-conscious post I guess. I hate my tummy, it’s where I carry most of my weight and I expect everybody else to hate it too. I’m also trying to be more accepting of myself. I’ve taken a couple of pics this morning that show it. I want to post them on my profile to push myself out of my comfort zone and because that’s how I actually look, but am feeling quite scared about it. I think it’s a combination of reactions and people being negative (as I expect them to) and people feeling they’ve been deceived by previous pics because I’ve gained a bit of weight and don’t usually show my tummy in pics

Are there bits of your body you hide? Or are you completely honest when you choose which pics to post? I’m guessing there will be a mix but I’m interested to hear thoughts x

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ecadent_DevonMan
over a year ago

Okehampton

Dear OP. I am very skinny, for a long time it got me down, tried all kinds of things to put on weight, nothing worked. Even a nutritionist I hired gave up on me.

Now being skinny as a fella is not a good look, and led to lots of hurtful comments, however this is a swinging site and most people choose people based on their physical characteristics (at least initially).

So I let them know what I look like, by having photos of me that reflect my physique. By doing this I have come to accept my own body better

By *izzy.Woman
over a year ago

Stoke area

I have similar wobbley tum issues. I try to post pics from various angles and possibly disguise it to a degree. Full length pics with boobs closest to the lens means guys get distracted by the breasts, but my tum is in view. Many guys prefer ladies with a more womanly shape, and although I'm still body conscious, it's good to know there are guys specifically looking for ladies with average bodies and not what we think of as the perfect body. . Post them, maybe in your friends pics initially and see how people react.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I take 5 or 6 an pick the best one

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

South

I have saggy boobs so I very rarely photograph them loose and free.

I also have an apple shaped belly, despite recently losing three stone, so I don’t photograph that for public pics (private pics for them!).

By *ull English with teaMan
over a year ago

London

I’m very careful to use small tv remotes and travel size deodorants in my photos…

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

Same OP, that's why I'm usually lying down or pics are a certain angle, that area is nearly always covered, I wear high waisted knickers. It's the only part of me I don't like!

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple
over a year ago

Leeds

Mum tum here, I'm not that careful picking pics, as much as I don't like the wobbly bits there part of me so shown in the pics, some more than others granted depending on the position.

Mrs

over a year ago

"I take 5 or 6 an pick the best one"
this one for example is as close to showing off my fat guts as im willing to go

over a year ago

I scarp more pics than I post

And god that’s a lot

If I had to post my back log that I am sitting on

I could top fab out 1150 limit

Also a little tip for those that have issues with tummy

Underbust corst or corset belt works wonders

I have a very unique tattoo across my stumic

And I have to check every single pic to make shour it can’t be seen if it can I need to

Use a corst belt or underbust corst to cover it

As I sed can work wonders

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

"Dear OP. I am very skinny, for a long time it got me down, tried all kinds of things to put on weight, nothing worked. Even a nutritionist I hired gave up on me.

Now being skinny as a fella is not a good look, and led to lots of hurtful comments, however this is a swinging site and most people choose people based on their physical characteristics (at least initially).

So I let them know what I look like, by having photos of me that reflect my physique. By doing this I have come to accept my own body better "

Have to say, yours is probably an example of how to create a benchmark single male profile in terms of photos. For every person that states 'no cock pics as a preference I'd strongly suspect they're referring to the standard methodology of a quick mobile snap in the bathroom/bedroom, rather than the style you and certain others adopt of being creative with your images.

Clear, creative, artistic and photos that draw the eye. Seriously good work.

To the OP? We all have flaws. Sometimes a lot of them. We haven't taken a lot of recent photos as we've not had time but there are definitely bits of us we're unhappy with, along with a need to carefully choose shots to hide identifiable ink. So we'll avoid full-bodied nudes generally and focus on the good bits.

Is this 'false representation' in any way? Not to me. I don't 'adjust' our body shapes, make us look thinner/more toned/taller or anything to change overall body shape. Do I hide wrinkles, lumps and bumps? With clothing or underwear.

As long as someone isn't deceiving others by knocking 5 dress sizes off using the warp tool in photoshop or adding a couple of inches/cup sizes artificially then it's more than acceptable to portray yourself in the best light you can. If that means focusing on certain areas of your body and not others then why not?

We all want to look good to others and a good creative photo is no different to using make up, clothing or underwear, good lighting or any other 'tool' to do just that.

A

*Snapchat filters that blur your face/body or give you bunny ears or doe eyes can sod off though.

By *etcplCouple
over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

Very, thats why there are few of me on it.

But then who cares.

People will either want you or not.

I’m not here to please others.

over a year ago

Very carefully I only have one public pic haha

By *ecadent_DevonMan
over a year ago

Okehampton

"Dear OP. I am very skinny, for a long time it got me down, tried all kinds of things to put on weight, nothing worked. Even a nutritionist I hired gave up on me.

So I let them know what I look like, by having photos of me that reflect my physique. By doing this I have come to accept my own body better

Have to say, yours is probably an example of how to create a benchmark single male profile in terms of photos. For every person that states 'no cock pics as a preference I'd strongly suspect they're referring to the standard methodology of a quick mobile snap in the bathroom/bedroom, rather than the style you and certain others adopt of being creative with your images.

Clear, creative, artistic and photos that draw the eye. Seriously good work.

To the OP? We all have flaws. Sometimes a lot of them. We haven't taken a lot of recent photos as we've not had time but there are definitely bits of us we're unhappy with, along with a need to carefully choose shots to hide identifiable ink. So we'll avoid full-bodied nudes generally and focus on the good bits.

Is this 'false representation' in any way? Not to me. I don't 'adjust' our body shapes, make us look thinner/more toned/taller or anything to change overall body shape. Do I hide wrinkles, lumps and bumps? With clothing or underwear.

As long as someone isn't deceiving others by knocking 5 dress sizes off using the warp tool in photoshop or adding a couple of inches/cup sizes artificially then it's more than acceptable to portray yourself in the best light you can. If that means focusing on certain areas of your body and not others then why not?

We all want to look good to others and a good creative photo is no different to using make up, clothing or underwear, good lighting or any other 'tool' to do just that.

A

*Snapchat filters that blur your face/body or give you bunny ears or doe eyes can sod off though. "

That’s very kind of you, thank you

I am still not “body confident”, but my body is what it is and it’s only fair people make a choice to contact me based on an honest representation

over a year ago

I’m actually pretty self conscious and my own worst critic sometimes. I usually take a lot of the same pictures and pick the best one. I really don’t like the way my boobs look after breastfeeding so I tend to cover them up in pictures. Wearing lingerie is like a little suit of armour for me.

By *oeBeansMan
over a year ago

Derby

I've never tried to hide anything but have been very self conscious about my upper body such as my arms, shoulders and chest and I thought they looked really skinny. As a result, I'd try take pictures from angles that would make them look bigger than they probably were.

I'd just like to say that you shouldn't do anything you feel uncomfortable with as I can sympathise with the abuse women can receive on here, however, the right person will find you sexy regardless of what you show

over a year ago

I workout, I take picture.

Very little thought goes into them

By *iltsTSgirlTV/TS
over a year ago

chichester

not much thought really .. its either my tits I post mostly . or tits with junk ... rarely I post a face pic publicly .

Seems most popular pics I post are of my. boobs and dick together in shot. that from both couples/female//male likes ... why change what is working I guess

By *opperKinksWoman
over a year ago

Livingston

Carefully, I usually shoot videos and take screenshots where I like how I look for pics. My tummy makes a little bit of an appearance in some of my pics.

I've been working on not hiding my tummy while I'm on cam, and it's going well... pics will be the next step for me I think!

By *ose-tinted GlassesMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"Wearing lingerie is like a little suit of armour for me. "

That’s a lovely wee phrase. Nice way of putting it. Sort of turns it into a positive, I think.

"Are there bits of your body you hide? Or are you completely honest when you choose which pics to post? I’m guessing there will be a mix but I’m interested to hear thoughts x"

I think it’ll be incredibly rare to find anyone on Fab who isn’t self-conscious. Everyone who shares photos thinks about those photos before posting. It’s human nature.

But ultimately, for most, Fab is about meeting people. And nobody likes false advertising. So yeah, I try to show my best side - but show it honestly. No point faking things.

By *gent CoulsonMan
over a year ago

Secret hideaway in the pennines

I tend to just click away, I have a 60 year old bod, people either like them or they ignore them, I don't really care

over a year ago

Depends how hungry I am !

Or how horny !

By *opperKinksWoman
over a year ago

Livingston

I also have psoriasis and I state that in my profile and I have a pic up of it, zero point in hiding how I look tbh, it doesn't seem to put people off either!

By *rincipessaWoman
over a year ago

your wildest dreams,

I think most of us carefully curate our gallery. Lighting and angles is always my friend. So many bits of me I don’t like and the Thing I find is a still picture just doesn’t always show the squidgy bits. I’m learning to love them as part of me. I have to, there’s more and more And I'm Way to lazy to be arsed to do what I need to change it

You have to do what you’re comfortable with

By *eroLondonMan
over a year ago

Mayfair

The one that I took yesterday — currently my avatar — took some time for me to muster the courage. It's unprecedented because I simply don't have "the body" and low esteem holds me back, with justification because I have my share of 'pizza dough' puppy fat.

But every once in a while I'll take a leap of faith before retreating back to 'modesty montages'.

over a year ago

"I think most of us carefully curate our gallery. Lighting and angles is always my friend. So many bits of me I don’t like and the Thing I find is a still picture just doesn’t always show the squidgy bits. I’m learning to love them as part of me. I have to, there’s more and more And I'm Way to lazy to be arsed to do what I need to change it

You have to do what you’re comfortable with"

No one is perfect but you're as close to as it comes! Trust me on behalf of everyone on here - you need to love that body as much as as all do! Videos of wet suit stripping don't lie

By *istyPeaksCouple
over a year ago

braintree

"The one that I took yesterday — currently my avatar — took some time for me to muster the courage. It's unprecedented because I simply don't have "the body" and low esteem holds me back, with justification because I have my share of 'pizza dough' puppy fat.

But every once in a while I'll take a leap of faith before retreating back to 'modesty montages'."

Fuck off!!!! That’s a lovely body.

By *andyfloss2000Woman
over a year ago

ashford

Allways used to hide my tum decided to just show it! Only got positive reactions! Go for it x

By *rispyDuckMan
over a year ago

Chinese Takeaway near you

I take 2 pics and choose 1 to post if I can’t decide in 10 seconds it gets deleted and move on with rest of my day lol

I live by the motto “if it won’t matter in 5yrs don’t spend more than 5mins worrying about it

By *istyPeaksCouple
over a year ago

braintree

Yep. I’ll try and take the best possibly angles possible. I’m actually a lot more confident in the flesh than in front of the camera. There is one picture on our public profile that I didn’t really pose for. No sucking in tummy, wearing uplifting bra etc. I took it & have posted it publicly to remind me that it doesn’t look all that much worse for it!!!

The camera never lies - but your self confidence (or lack of) might!!!!

over a year ago

"I also have psoriasis and I state that in my profile and I have a pic up of it, zero point in hiding how I look tbh, it doesn't seem to put people off either! "

Mr has psoriasis all over his body as well , it’s gotten a lot better since he gave up smoking but he used to be really self conscious, especially in the summer months when wearing shorts and T-shirts etc.

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

Yeah.

Honestly OP, I get it. I've got a chubby tummy. I'm actually just all over chubby to be honest.

If I'm meeting someone I'll send them full length photos and it's not like I'm pretending I'm anything other than chubby. It's just... I don't think I look good in photos generally. So why would I inflict that on others? My body isn't classically attractive and I'm under no illusions about that.

By *rtyIanMan
over a year ago

Gateway to the Beacons

Very body conscious

I delete most pics I take and generally make the B&W

And soft focus hides most

I have very low self esteem

over a year ago

Well as they say the camera never lies so I try different angles but I really don't give that much thought to it ,I've got wobbly bits which a guy would see in the flesh so he should already be happy with the way I look after seeing my pics

Only bits that will be a surprise is my boobs and kitty as I don't do topless or nude pics

over a year ago

Op you look great! But I know what you mean and I'm the same, don't like my tummy. I just take pics of my tits and use them as a distraction

By *ife NinjaMan
over a year ago

Dunfermline

Make them friends only in the first place, if you feel uncomfortable. You know you look great though....my opinion

By *emorefridaCouple
over a year ago

La la land

I've kind of given up on taking photos of myself. I found they looked less and less like me was worrying about xyz. And have taken a break from it all.

I realised for me personally pictures don't post me at my best. I started dance class and watching those videos back I saw that sexier side which is never captured in a photo. So I guess I'm not that photogenic but that doesn't mean I'm not attractive.

Sometimes we care too much about a moment in time that a picture represents we're more than that I guess I'm waffling on about

By *ife NinjaMan
over a year ago

Dunfermline

"Op you look great! But I know what you mean and I'm the same, don't like my tummy. I just take pics of my tits and use them as a distraction "

It works.....and your face, obvs x

over a year ago

"Wearing lingerie is like a little suit of armour for me.

That’s a lovely wee phrase. Nice way of putting it. Sort of turns it into a positive, I think."

By *ealitybitesMan
over a year ago

Belfast

I am as pale as pale can be and my skin can be blotchy which is why I always opt for a b/w filter or adjust the lighting.

Might not be up there with some things that others are self conscious about but as someone who until a few years ago wouldn't even takes his shirt off in public I'll take it.

I don't think my pics are dishonest and if they are I've never had any complaints.

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS
over a year ago

Stockport

About my only selection criteria for my photos is that I don't want anything explicit. Other than that, they are mostly rubbish poses picked at random.

By *B69Woman
over a year ago

Wiltshire

I know how you feel, my tummy and cellulite is my nemesis, I can take 20+ pics and only feel 1 is ok, lots of angles and lighting tried, sometimes they work out sometimes not, lingerie is my friend, I’ve learnt to accept how I am and realise it’s not going to get any better at my age, be confident in who you are, confidence is sexier in my opinion.

over a year ago

The older I’ve got, the less I care about not being a Marvel-bodied stallion. I try and capture something about my personality and have fun with my pictures.

over a year ago

I am very body conscious and hate my tummy where after 2 huge baby bumps my skin has lost it's elasticity so only take photos where that is covered.

Also since losing weight my boobs have upped and left me and here lies my biggest insecurity so no photos of them out for display, the poor girls need a helping hand so only photos with a bra on.

By *layisbetterwithLaughterMan
over a year ago

Stourbridge

As a single man, I am trying to sell myself as best I can, so absolutely. Doesn't mean they are good photos, but don't want to be half arsed!

By *ionaScarletTV/TS
over a year ago

Dundee

I'm very self conscious about my teeth which is why I don't smile in many of my photos

By *tarflyLou OP   Woman
over a year ago

Preston

Thank you for your comments everyone!

over a year ago

this is what I call a process when I am doing pics. it takes me ages and many shots before I can get just one pic. I feel awkward taking pics and it shows in them

over a year ago

I always find it comical tho that the ones you think would be most appreciated addored often arnt and the cock pics still seem to be by far most popular to say yall dont approve of em

By *obyn GravesTV/TS
over a year ago

1127 walnut avenue

The only criteria I have for choosing my pics is the dafter the better... which at times does me no favours on here..but am I bothered....am I fuck..

By *tarflyLou OP   Woman
over a year ago

Preston

"The only criteria I have for choosing my pics is the dafter the better... which at times does me no favours on here..but am I bothered....am I fuck.. "

That’s the attitude I need to nurture in myself!

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

I'm not an exhibitionist so wouldn't show explicit bits on a public forum. But when sending sextpics to him I don't edit out anything, I guess it helps being a naturist as I have body confidence and am content to stroll around in a club or his presence nekkid.

Am I aware that some people don't like bbw women... yes. Am I here to please everyone...hell no

By *ife NinjaMan
over a year ago

Dunfermline

"I'm not an exhibitionist so wouldn't show explicit bits on a public forum. But when sending sextpics to him I don't edit out anything, I guess it helps being a naturist as I have body confidence and am content to stroll around in a club or his presence nekkid.

Am I aware that some people don't like bbw women... yes. Am I here to please everyone...hell no "

I thought you were all proportionate when I met you

By *avexxMan
over a year ago

cheshire

nope my pictures not hiding anything,, mixed them up a little from casual to smart..

over a year ago

Very carefully.

I know which angles I look less chubby in, I know which bits to hide.

Most importantly I'm rather good at Photoshop.

By *atricia ParnelWoman
over a year ago

In a town full of colours

"I'm not an exhibitionist so wouldn't show explicit bits on a public forum. But when sending sextpics to him I don't edit out anything, I guess it helps being a naturist as I have body confidence and am content to stroll around in a club or his presence nekkid.

Am I aware that some people don't like bbw women... yes. Am I here to please everyone...hell no

I thought you were all proportionate when I met you "

over a year ago

have a look and find out!!

over a year ago

"Very carefully.

I know which angles I look less chubby in, I know which bits to hide.

Most importantly I'm rather good at Photoshop. "

you dont look chubby in the slightest in your pics

over a year ago

Very carefully. Heavily tattooed so I pretty much can't show anything publicly

Post new Message to Thread